Thaelasan

Behind Bars

Jazz was completely unworried about the inspection. She kept her appearance and surroundings immaculate at all times, anything out of order bothered her. Well, out of order in her cell. In the world outside, however, the more chaos the better. Did she want breakfast today? Nah, she had dinner the night before. She'd probably just eat a late lunch or something.

Nervana flinched a bit as the other girl in her cell tried to wake her. She was already awake. She just didn't want to move. She felt sick when she moved. She heard her heartbeat throbbing in her head as she sat up, causing her pain.

"Wh- whats going on?" She asked, holding her hand to her head.

She wasn't at all a picture of health. She rarely ever ate, because she didn't have an appetite. She only ate because the other girl would force her to. That why she did anything. If it weren't for the other girl- who's name she couldn't even remember - she probably would have died already.

"We are going to get breakfast and then we have to do inspection." Alice explained in a kind, gentle voice, the one she had reserved just for that girl. Not so that it sounded like Alice was talking to a child, but not sharp and/or harsh either. Alice, in a way felt responsible for the girl, and not just because she was her cellmate, it was just instinct... Like it had been built into her. The girl always did have a fondness for children and little animals. Alice made her way across the room, (sizable compared to rooms in other rings) and sat down on the girls bed.

"You have to make yourself presentable for inspection." Alice reminded the girl, shaking the plastic pink comb she had brought from the shop then proceeded into pulling back unnaturally colored green hair from behind the girl's shoulder onto her back. Alice flattened the colored hair and begun to brush it gently,

"Will you tell me your name today?" Alice asked, the girl didn't really talk but to her, she was just scared and bewildered most of the time. Alice had been like that as well, however no one had been there for her, to help her through things. It felt good to help this girl.

"Is it Lilly maybe?" Alice asked, beginning to tame the middle portion of her head. The name seemed to genetic for the girl though,

"How about Bridget?" Alice asked, she had finished brushing the girl's hair and was now petting the soft, silky locks tenderly.

"Should I do a braid?" Alice asked, but went ahead and split the whole mass of green hair into more-or-less equal sections.

(I hope this post doesn't make Alice come off as creepy, because that's not what Im going for DX)

((OOC: What does the HUD scanner do exactly?))

Stark

"I ate before my shift started, but thanks." Stark said. "Just make sure that you two get back on time. I'd rather have you punished."

Stark glanced into their cell before turning back to the two unlikely friends.

"You do have everything in there in order right?"

--------------------

Menzak

"Yes officer. We have not intention of disobeying the rules." Menzak said, nodding his head; another little something he picked up from humans.

It looked rather silly though, as he just made his head bob up and down. He glanced back in their cell to make sure that everything was all together, and saw only a few things they could quickly fix up when they got back.

((OOC: So it wouldn't be unexpected of Stark to look through everything while they went off?))

((I don't think she's creepy. I think it makes her seem really nice... Well, most of your characters are incredibly kind tongue.gif))

"I'm not hungry." Nervana said, trying to lay back down and go back to bed. Unfortunately the other girl came over and started to brush her hair. The girl spoke kindly to her while she fixed her hair, she asked her about her name. What was her name again? Natalie? No. Veronica? No. Ner something... Neranna. No. Oh yeah, Nervana.

She felt like she should feel excited about having remembered it. She didn't. It wasn't even a pretty name. It sounded slow and lazy to her.

"Nervana." She mumbled, slouching over as the other girl braided her hair.

Edited by chicbecause

(Thanks smile.gif My girls are usually nice with the occasional one who wants to rip off every guys' face, my more meek girls tend to be afraid of guys and my cheerfuller (that's not a word) ones treat them about the same as they treat everyone else.

All my guys are womanizing jerks, sometimes with a heart of gold.)

All you need to do is show them petting a cute puppy.

"Nervana." Alice let the foreign name roll of her tongue, it was an unusual name, one she had never heard before. Still, it was a beautiful name, Alice decided to share her opinion with the other girl.

"That's a really pretty name." Alice gushed, loosely braiding the top of the girl's head, then gradually getting tighter near the bottom, so that she won't get a headache or the like. She didn't know it if happened to other girls, but if her hair was tied tightly, headaches came easier to Alice.

"I wish I have a unique name like that, my name is just too... Genetic. You know?" Alice asked, not aware that the girl didn't even know her name. She finished off the braid, tying it off with a small rubber band, almost identical to the one on Alice's on head, save the color. The guard has given her a handful, over the weeks Alice had lost quite a few and was now down to five.

"As for breakfast, of course you want it. Don't worry, if you don't feel hungry now, you will be. Sometimes I don't know I'm hungry until I smell the food anyway." Alice rambled, as she tied the end of the braid, then stroked the tail a few times with the pink plastic brush.

"Plus, I think we have bagels today. With strawberry cream cheese... Ok, I lied about the cream cheese part, honestly though, what I wouldn't give for a bit of strawberry cream cheese, on my bagels, or some powdered sugar and/or maple syrup on those bland pancakes." Alice looked at her lap, picking out stands on both her's and the girl's hair from the brush.

"I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I hear our food is fresher then those of the other ring's." Alice said sheepishly, setting the brush aside.

"Here, let me see you- Ahh! Your soo cute!" Alice squealed, even though she did it almost every morning, it didn't cease to sound less genuine at all. Now that Alice had tamed the girl's jungle of hair, she looked less like the green haired female equivalent of Tarzan and more like a really really adorable teenaged girl.

"I bet if you asked one of those guards to get you something, they'd murder each other to be the one to give it to you!" Alice continued to gush like a proud older sister.

(( Well, if you wished, Stark could indeed do it. However, you have to think like he would. Would he think to check for anything? Michael and Menzak have been pretty good in the past, well-behaved.

Also, if a guard decides to check a room, I will - for fairness reasons - roll a die. Based on what the roll is, I will say if they found something bad, something good, how bad, how good, or if they found something at all.

However, if the post is good enough, I may allow you to find something regardless. You can't just say you found a shiv or something though - normally, those are pretty well hidden if they're there. ))

Michael nodded.

"The beds are made. The mirrors are deactivated. The bathroom is clean. The toilets are scrubbed. The floor is spotless. I made sure of this." he saluted expertly.

He checked his HUD time. It was already 7:15. They had 28 minutes left.

"Sir, we need to hurry." he said, trying not to rush the guard. "I really don't want to waste a food card."

Nervana made an attempt to smile when the girl squealed about her hair. She liked it when she braided it. She didn't braid it to tight on her head but still kept her hair out of her face.

"Thanks," She mumbled.

Nervana reached to her back and grabbed her braid, playing with it in her fingers. The bright green color of her hair reminded her of before she'd been put in here. It looked like paint. She'd done a lot of graffiti before, painting all the blank walls with brilliant colors and pictures.

She actually smiled when thinking about it. When she did graffiti she hadn't used those new digital painters they had now. She'd done it old-school with the spray cans you got at the craft store.

"I guess I'll try and eat something." She said a bit louder, letting her braid fall back behind her.

((OOC: What exactly is a HUD scanner?

Also, would guards be able to move from ring to ring?

And where exactly are their quarters?))

Stark

"All right, get going then." Stark said. "But don't be late."

He didn't think that those two would get into any trouble. Not on purpose at least. Stark made sure to go over every record of the prisoners under his control, both before and after they came to this prison.

----------------

Menzak

"Thank you officer." Menzak replied before going off on his way with Michael.

The Venoza refrained from his attempt at smiling this time, as it would sometimes unsettle the guards. They'd think that he was up to something and as a result, he would sometimes get into trouble.

"Do you think they'll have fish? Or any kind of meat for breakfast?" Menzak asked his friend.

He was rather doubtful, but it always helped to hope he found.

Edited by Narath

(( HUD scanners are common moduses. They allow the user to scan their physical and mental states at any given time, using online research to check and see what medical problems or bodily harm they may possess. It allows quick and efficient medical diagnostics that can also be sent to a doctor at the owner's behest.

This modus also allows people to share their medical history quite easily and honestly. Some of the new modus models also allow people to scan others for metal or dangerous objects - one a guard can't do without.

Michael has the newer version, using it to make sure the area is safe before he enters in a crowd. Because of this, a lot of makeshift weapons are crafted from plastic or silicon.

Guards are allowed to move from ring to ring but normally don't.

Their offices are located on each ring, each respective guard having his own office subset. The offices all spread out from a Sub-warden's office. There are four on the outer ring, six on the middle, and eight on the inner ring. The reason? More security. ))

"It is a Tuesday." Michael shrugged. "They normally have some pretty good meat on the middle ring. Hopefully Mr. and Mrs. Valentina cooked the food today. Their meals are exquisite, wouldn't you agree?"

He sauntered along the red path, taking care not to stray too far from it - if at all. The reason was because of pressure pads under the path. The guards didn't need cameras as much as the pads, which kept track of footsteps along the paths. If cameras fell or broke, the pads were dependable.

((OOC: Thank you.

I'm assuming that since Venoza are reptiles, that they'll have the same type of tongue as lizards and snakes would.))

Menzak

"Yes, their cooking is good, but I like my food a bit more on the raw side." Menzak said. "You know what, I should ask them about that. After all, it would be less work for them. That way, maybe they'd have it more often. Good idea, don't you think?"

As he spoke, Menzak flicked out his tongue, 'smelling' the air around him. He could tell that there was meet cooking up ahead, so that confirmed Michael's reasoning. He could also tell where exactly everyone in there vicinity was. His tongue was practically a radar, telling him he position of anything that gave of chemicals, or something of the like.

((OOC: To quote Gollum for Menzak: "We likes it raw and wriggling!"))

--------------------------

Stark

Stark watched the two head off before he turned away and began to check up on his other charges. Though they were definitely the most trustworthy of the prisoners he knew, Stark would not turn his back to them if the circumstances allowed it. In a prison such as this, one always had to be careful, no matter who you were with.

((In the center ring, how do prisoners get their food and stuff? Same as normal, or fed by guards? tongue.gif))

Flague got up of his bed and looked at his HUD, he pulled out his sonic screw driver from inside a hole in his matress facing the corner of the room. Hidden from sight, then pulled open the case of his HUD and started working on a new mod. It would send out sonar waves and beam back to him to show the blueprints of any building he was in. He had decided to skip breakfast today.

(( I already answered this. A guard is going to come regardless of if you ordered breakfast or not. He's going to ask for a food card. He also will probably inspect your room.

Also, if that screwdriver is made of metal, there's no way you would have smuggled it in.

I hoped that I had properly conveyed the fact that metal will always be seen, whether by other prisoners or by the guards. ))

"You always say that but you're too busy eating to ask." Michael grinned, chuckling. "I could remind you, if you so desired."

He had a fondness for Menzak that could only be described as fraternal. What had originally been a slight fear but also a bit of interest had become a great friendship between the both of them.

Xen stood up and moved to the door, her stomach outweighed the Rules. For now, a Western Zoran cover had served her well. It allowed her to command respect. She was a model prisoner to the guards, and as far as they knew, she would remain so. She padded out, the cold greeting her more sensitive paw pads. The animals wouldn't give her anything to cover them, and now she was being so promiscuous. She'd probably figure something out from the store. Maybe buy some gauze and jury rig some foot coverings. She waited for the guard to come by, shifting the weight on her feet. At last the guard arrived, she handed over a food card.

[Would the prisoner head down to a certain place for breakfast or would they just wait for their food to be delivered in the Middle ring.]

((OOC: You can either get it delivered or go there yourself. Right now, Michael and Menzak are walking there.))

Menzak

"It's not my fault." Menzak said. "Food gets to me. If a Venoza girl walked up and gave me food, I'd probably fall in love right then and there."

Mezak did love food, and would eat as much as he could, but he always kept in shape. A lot of his activities throughout the day was things to keep him fit, and it left his lizard-like body rather muscular. Through his tough physique however, was an intelligence not many people saw. Not many Venoza were as smart as he, but Menzak stupidly decided to not use that gift, and it ended him up in this place.

Xen crept out of her cell, carefully and slowly. There were no other Zorans here as far as she knew, so she couldn't make any alliances without certain amounts of doubt. Though she didn't compulsively follow rules, she could skirt them a bit, and get things she needed done. For now, it was enough to get by and exist within this prison. Her ears were flattened against her skull as she walked up to the server and held out her tray for food. Her eyes darted around nervously. She was scanning the crowd for anyone who carried fraternity cards or extra cards. Anyone who avoided eye contact didn't want to fight, anyone who was eyeing her but looking away when she looked was just rude, and those who looked overconfident were probably carrying cards. Those like that, they were likely to carry those around and be willing to start a fight over something stupid. However, today was inspection and not a good day for collecting more cards. So she sat down at her table, and started to eat.

(( Actually, Narath, you're doing really well at expanding upon the Venoza. When I first made them, I actually meant for them to be really insistent upon food and survival. Their race has been prey for larger, less intelligent beings for millennia. Rather than becoming smarter or stronger, they instead went for faster. Think of modern day lizards, snakes, and humans.

They're not ugly beings. In fact, they look kind of badass. Their feet are padded. I also forgot to mention they have spikes on their tails.

I may draw them along with a map for this place.

I'll post a real post soon. ))

"Good." Alice smiled when Nervana had said she'd try to eat something.

"Come, oh don't forget to get your food card~" Alice reminded the girl, reaching into her shirt pocket and pulling out the card and waved it to Nervana. As if she needed a reminder.

(Still short re-post, oh well.)

Flague had been using the screwdriver for a long time, it was only plastic, thats how he got it in. It was slowly starting to bend and just as he finished putting the HUD back together it bent and snapped. "****". He threw it at a corner of the room behind his bed and stood up to try out the sonar beam. He didnt have any extra wire so he needed to use wires and cords already in the HUD. Which meant every now and then a function of the HUD would shut down. He clicked a button on it and waited for a picture of his cell to appear from the sonar beams. The HUD instead made a purring noise then restarted itself. Nothing else happened. "Dammit...".

He gave up and lay down on his bed, patientally waiting for an inspection and/or breakfast.

((Narath, you want your guard to come to Flague's cell orrrrr?))

Edited by pinkieseb

((OOC: Flague is a centre ring prisoner. Stark is a middle ring guard. Just because I have the onl guard character doesn't mean that he is i charge of everyone.))

Edited by Narath

Nervana stood on shaky feet to follow the other girl. The world span and her head felt worse as she moved but she continued walking anyway, one hand on the wall for support. She grabbed a meal card from her bed before she got to far away and followed the girl with no name out. The Girl with No Name? Wasn't that a book or something?....

"Guard!!!!!" Jazz yelled, kicking her cell door.

"Guard! Open the door! I'm hungry!" she yelled.

Due to her record for giving people the slip and blowing things up, special.... precautions had to be taken. Such as not being able to exit her cell or eat whenever she pleased, and being searched before and after taking a trip out of the cell. Not like silly things like that would stop her from doing as she pleased.

((Theal: I had this idea for a HUD mod. I'll probably PM you 'bout it.))

((Narath... Theal said this on the last page))

(( I actually was going to let you choose three prisoners you wanted to be in charge of but I'm guessing you, me, and Flague would be good.

Flague could hear someone banging and screaming in the cell next to his. She was screaming for food. "Please Shut upppppp!!" Flague yelled back at her.

(( DOn't you use my own words to begin an argument. I said that before I decided to make you an inner ring person.

Don't you EVER take my words out of context. If you actually read my stuff, I said GUARDS WERE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE RING.

You do that again and you're gone.

What I actually meant was Stark could be control of Flague, or be in control of Michael and Menzak. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

(( DOn't you ****ing use my own words to begin an argument. I said that before I decided to make you an inner ring person.

Don't you EVER take my words out of context. If you actually read my stuff, I said GUARDS WERE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE RING.

You do that again and you're gone. ))

((Thats kinda an overreaction, im sorry, jeeze! Flague was always an inner ring prisoner I thought? I wasnt trying to begin an argument either...

Ok that last edit makes sense, thanks for clearing that up...))

Edited by pinkieseb

(Hi... Thael, so assuming that you got the new form I sent you, I suspect that you won't accept it because its not literate enough. I know, I'm actually going to take it and explain the apparence and have a more through history N stuff so... Yeah. Just to let you know.

Oh, and happy Halloween happy.gif (If you celebrate it I mean, I hope I don't offend anyone D:)

Alice begun to happily walk out, but quickly realized Nervana wasn't following her. She turned back and found Nervana struggling to walk out of the room itself. "Here..." Alice walked back and gently eased herself under the younger, but slightly taller girl and wrapped her shoulder on Alice's arm so she could lean on the older girl for support. Slowly, the two girls hobbled out to the kitchen like old ladies, earning quite a few stares.

"Ladies, ladies..." A man chuckled, Alice looked up curiously trying to find the owner of the voice. She quickly identified it to a tall human male, about 20 at the most.

"How may I help you?" Alice asked pleasantly.

"You look like the ones that need help? Can I offer my assistance?" The male asked with a honey-smooth voice.

"No thank you." Alice replied curtly, quickly realizing his intensions. If anyone touched Nervana, she would tear them apart. With that, Alice helped Nervana pass the man and down onto a table. "So? What do you want to eat? Should I get it for you?" Alice asked cheerfully.

(Was that powerplaying? Dragging Nervana along I mean? I just wanted to get things moving but I can change it if it is powerplaying.

Are we allowed to control NPCs? I can change that as well if it isn't allowed.)

Edited by mipuppy1