Thaelasan

Behind Bars

CB, your second caracter is missing her name, and her picture isn't working

Edited by Narath

Flague needs a friend on the inner ring! tongue.gif

When are we starting

Waiting for my char to be approved :-/

(( Soleas, I told you you weren't approved until you changed your sheet and sent it back to me. Stop acting like it's my fault you aren't.

We are starting as soon as I square this away. ))

(( You may all begin with your opening posts. I'm working on something in the meantime to plan it out. :3 ))

[i'll just start then… correct me if you've moved Xen to have a player cell partner.]

She hated these suits. They made her fur look odd when she took them off and it constricted her tail. It wasn't like it mattered though, she was going to prove her innocence. She hadn't even tried to kill the general, he just attacked her and… she didn't do it, because he missed the spear and then he knocked her out. When she came to, he was dead, and she was covered in blood. However, no one bothered to check the bump that had been on her head, just looking at the blood and the blood alone.

Exile had been bad enough, but to be sent to jail just for having your brother be promoted to general in her father's place? How dare he anonymously send them that information. It was forbidden to send information about Zorans to outsiders. She wrote on the floor, rearranging the dust so that she could make a poorly drawn image of her brother, then smash it with her fist. She wasn't a criminal, but now she was branded as one. She'd always followed the rules, done as she had been told. Yet now she was told she had broken the cardinal rule of her home and had to leave or face death.

Death would have been preferable.

Jazz lay in her cell, ponder her life choices. What had gone wrong in her life that had led her to where she was now? She silently swore to herself that if she ever got free, she would change her ways for the better. Then it struck her! That was what had gone wrong! She'd been sloppy and left a trail they could trace! She'd gotten caught! It would never happen again. She'd bust this place open like a raccoon and a garbage can and let all the stink and trash back out into the world. What an adorably appropriate metaphor. Jazz had a certain knack for poetry and might had pursued it as her career if it wasn't so ****ing boring.

She sat up suddenly. That was enough heart searching for one day. Now she was free to ignore her conscience for the rest of the day. She needed to explore the halls and time the guard patrols. It would also help if she could get her hands on some security schematics, but that was like impossible. Well, it would be practically useless breaking out if they were in space or under the ocean. You could only figure that out though if you somehow got to the outer ring and got a visual on some sort of air-lock or weird suit-y thing.

So yeah, her to-do list was quite long.

6:45 AM.

Michael sat in the cell, his face a mask of both anticipation and knowing. Of course, inspection was in roughly an hour. His suit was clean, his face was rugged, his hair was well-set. His eyes were, as to be expected, slightly tired. Still, in essence, he looked well-groomed.

He adjusted his suit with confidence, knowing the exact way as which to button it, as he always had. He looked at himself in the mirror, smiling. He flicked a song on into his head using his "Musical" modus and immediately felt a little bit less exhausted.

"Sign of the Times.." he sang along softly.

He turned back to the bed behind him. A shape, still asleep, lay there in the shadows.

It was a Venoza, an alien known for its dangerous venom. Yet, he slept in the same cell with Michael, and Michael didn't care.

In fact, over the years, the pair of them had gone from cell mates, to acquaintances, to friends, to almost brothers.

"Wake up." Michael said, taking care not to touch the Venoza's fangs or claws. "It's almost time for inspection. I wouldn't want you to be late."

It was very dark, as it always was in the center ring. The guards had taken all lights from the ring to prevent Actoxens like himself from making devices with the wires. Flague dropped down onto his rock hard bed. It was fairly big for him because it had been built for human size. There was a tiny slot in his door to let in some light, and so guards could check on him. After being in JUSTICE for most of his life he had already memorized guard patterns.

Flague heard someone call out inspection time would be soon. He yawned and ignored it for a while, but then decided to clean himself up.

Menzak

Menzak groaned as his cellmate woke him up.

"What?" He said, still a bit groggy. "Almost inspection? Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

The Venoza got out of his bed, and immediately began to put on his yellow prison shirt (He disliked sleeping with it on), and flattened out any creases in the uniform.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate these colors? It blends in with the yellow scales on my body." He complained jokingly.

Menzak knew that he had already told Micheal that, but it was just a little way that he poked fun at the human.

((OOC: Who is my guard character in charge of?))

(Ok thanks Thael just wondering what the holdup was, (-Is not really big on waiting-) and I'm going to assume you meant Chic's nameless character on the outer ring. If not, I'm confuzzled firstly and second just simply tell me and I'll change my post smile.gif

Alice's eyes snapped open, she fought to keep up as such. The girl finally got out of bed, quietly though as not to wake her cellmate. It actually wouldn't have mattered if Alice was quiet or not because after she made her way across the room, she flipped off her nightlight and turned on the lights. Waiting for the dims light to get brighter, Alice yanked at her hair, gently shaking her cellmate with one hand and speaking quietly,

"Its almost time for inspection." She warned the other girl. Alice had showered the night before, so there was no need for that at the moment. The showers were always full in the morning, also Alice couldn't go to bed feeling dirty, it just made her uncomfortable. All the girl needed to do now was tame her hair then splash her face with cold water to chase the sleep from her eyes. What she wanted to do though was just crumple on the ground and sleep for just one more hour, but sadly if she did just that she'd lose an hour instead.

Xen stood and stared at her shirt. She could rip up the shirt, bind it across her chest. She should, since rules were that she had to wear the suit, but it was never mentioned that they could modify it. It would be just a small one, and she'd still be wearing the colors, she told herself. Then she heard the call for inspection and decided to wait until later. She preferred not to deal with sub-warrens or anyone on inspection day. She preferred not to have her cards taken away, since she would need them to get to the outer ring. She wasn't a bad prisoner though, just one who liked to subvert rules.

((

Normally, a male guard isn't in charge of female prisoners. It's ... you know.

Then again, Actoxen's are asexual anyway.

If you're actually interested, Actoxen's have an organ on their backs which creates two polyps during their lifespan.

The polyps then are taken by the Actoxen and placed in a moist but warm area. Actoxen are VERY defensive of their polyps. Threatening to touch one can infuriate an Actoxen and make them vicious.

The Actoxen then dies, but surrounds the polyp with its body, which hardens to make a warm and defensive mass around the polyps (which is the size of a chicken egg). At the end of a week, the polyps have become the size of the original Actoxen. One of them devours the body of the original Actoxen, taking on its memories and emotions.

The Actoxen is reborn and a child is made. This is one reason why Actoxen are very protective of their species but are VERY intelligent. They could easily be wiped out.

Some humans believe that all of the Actoxen are the same creature, just divided hundreds of times. ))

Michael nodded, adjusting his own suit.

"It's not for another hour." he shrugged. "Calm down Menzak, my friend. You have time to head to the showers if you need to."

As he was brushing his hair again, meticulously, he heard Menzak use one of his old jokes and grinned.

"If I could, I would change the color to one of your choosing, I promise." Michael turned back to the mirror, curious.

"If I could, I'd do a lot of things here that would help everyone." he said suddenly, slightly forlorn.

But as quick as it had come, the forlorn nature was replaced by his normally bright personality. He turned, throwing Menzak his gloves.

"You forgot these in the shower yesterday." he mentioned, smiling. "I meant to give them to you last night but you had already passed out. I didn't want to wake you."

He then adjusted his suit one more time, turning back to Menzak while turning the mirror off.

"Anyway, our guard is normally a little bit late. You should be fine - I woke you up early enough so that we could grab some breakfast. You hungry?"

Edited by Thaelasan

((OOC: yea, but my guard character isn't like that.))

Menzak

Menzak chuckled.

"You'd probably just make it the same green as the majority of my scales." Replied the Venoza as he put on his gloves.

He suddenly realized that his friend had taken on a sad tone in his voice.

"Micheal, cheer up." Menzak said, placing a hand on the human's shoulder. "You'll be together again. I promise.

"Come on. I'm famished. A bit of food could do you well too."

((OOC: I'm just waiting for the right moment to post for Stark))

(( It's Michael, not micheal. I'm sorry but you keep using it. :I ))

Michael nodded, assured.

"Alright. I'll go ahead and use two food cards today. I don't mind." he mentioned, removing the aforementioned cards from his pocket. "After all, what are friends for?"

He turned to the door and stopped.

"Wait, do you want to go to the mess hall or just have it delivered?" he asked, turning back.

Alice managed to finally wrestle down her hair, she ran a few smooth strokes around her head, it was satisfying. Even if she felt like she lost about half of the hair on her forehead. Now that the jungle was combed out, it felt like silk, Alice would have stayed and petted herself if firstly, it weren't weird, and secondly she only had so much time to get breakfast. Using a small rubber band, (courtesy of a random male guard) Alice tied back her bangs, they tended to get in her mouth when she ate. That was annoying if not gross.

(Do species share a mess hall or is it by ring?)

((OOC: Sorry. Small things like that always get me. If I continue to do it, just pretend that it's Menzak not knowing the english language properly xd.png ))

"Let's walk there. Exercise is good anyways." Menzak said as he made his cot. "It will also be faster. Who knows, the guards just might forget to bring it.

((OOC: Short post! mad.gif ))

Edited by Narath

(( Basically, each ring has its own mess hall, and the original intention was for all of the genders and species to share it. However, due to private tensions/discriminations, small groups of a single species/gender have arisen in little dots around the mess hall. If you sit with them and you aren't part of them, you learn pretty quickly how ... awkward, it can be. ))

Michael pressed his food cards into the slot, located near the jail door. A small machine read the card for what it was. Once it was done, a female computerized voice beeped into the cell.

"Prisoner Michael. Prisoner Menzak. Food break authorized for both participants by 'Michael S. Thompson." How long will you be away?"

Michael loved this machine. In the inner ring, this sort of convenience was not allowed. The prisoners were brought their food and expected to pay a meal card to get it. IF they didn't have the card, no meal.

"Roughly thirty minutes." Michael said clearly.

"Processing. You will be given thirty-five minutes for your meal break. Follow the red path from your cell door to the mess hall ONLY. You are to be made aware that you will be monitored from the cell, to the cafeteria, and back to here. Have a nice day."

The machine died down.

At the other end of the machine, with a bunch of other orders, two meal cards would slide into a rewriter, to reuse the cards as necessary. Their meals would be prepared for them to grab them.

Michael waited for the door to open and gestured for Menzak.

"After you." he said pleasantly.

Menzak

Menzak's mouth spit open in an attempt at a smile, something he observed as a polite human behavior. Only problem was, he still hadn't gotten the hang of it, as it still looked like he was baring his teeth in a threatening manner most of the time. As instructed, he began to follow the red path to the mess hall.

---------------

Stark

Stark made his way to the area of cells that he was responsible for during his shift, only to find that the guard that was on duty before him took off early... again. With a sigh, Stark hefted his rifle and began his patrol, making sure that everyone was ready for inspection. He didn't like having to see people punished for something like having a wrinkled bedsheet. As he walked through the prison, he spotted two of the prisoners in his charge, probably leaving for breakfast since it looked like they were going along the red line.

"Hey, you two know that inspection is in less than an hour right?" He asked.

Michael halted suddenly, hearing the words of a guard. He turned, hoping it wasn't Richard.

He turned towards the voice, immediately pleasant.

"Er, it's 7:06, last I checked, sir." Michael said, tapping his HUD. "We've got 35 minutes on the clock and then we're headed to the inspection center. Did you wish to join us? You look a little hungry."

(( Basically, you're on the right track Narath.

Guards randomly inspect the rooms for things - or, they're supposed to. The lazy guards normally only check once a week, allowing inmates who are smart the time to do illegal actions without their knowledge.

The guards, such as Stark, take the prisoners when it is ten minutes until the inspection and bring them to the Sub-warden's office. He checks them over for diseases, wounds, weapons, ...contraband. The like. Normally, it's a thirty minute procedure and then the prisoners have four hours of morning time in the yard to exercise and talk.

Then it's back in the building with their guard at 1:00PM in order to go to the showers - should they need it. After three hours, it's time for inside recreational activities.

At 8:00PM, it's preparation for bed. At 10:00, it's lights out. ))

((Flague's in a diffrent ring though...))

Flague didnt have any fancy machines to get his food, he had to wait, lying on his bed for a guard to bring his food and inspect him and his room. The bed was hard and gave Flague pain in his back after sleeping on it.

((Short post because I need go go))