angelicdragonpuppy

Allow Neglected Discussion on the Forums

As of right now, people aren't allowed to discuss how to make Neglected Dragons on the forums. The only reason I've seen listed as to why this is is that the old threads on the topic had people encouraging multiscrolling and other such forms of rule breaking. It seems rather silly to remove an entire topic from the forum just because some people were suggesting ways to cheat, so can it be allowed again? Especially since using multiple scrolls is hardly a required part of the process... I know plenty of people who make them just fine on their own, so hopefully the issue won't arise again to begin with (and if it does, err... just punish the rule breakers instead of everyone, please? ;; ).

Yes, I realize there are threads of people one can PM to talk about it, but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to validate continuing to ban a general discussion topic on the subject. Just because there are ways to get around the ban doesn't mean the ban should remain.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I have thought multiple times of making a similar suggestion. PLEASE allow this on the forums! The paranoia over "But it encourages people to multiscroll!" appears in so many suggestions, and it represses the people who are actually more than happy to follow the ToS.

Biggest +1 ever.

(you got this idea from me, didn't you tongue.gif)

Yes, I fully support this. I think that the site was probably somewhat smaller back then anyways, and maybe the people were more prone to rule-disreguarding.

(you got this idea from me, didn't you tongue.gif)

Yes, I fully support this. I think that the site was probably somewhat smaller back then anyways, and maybe the people were more prone to rule-disreguarding.

Eeeyup. biggrin.gif On top of the site being bigger / will probably have more people reporting any cheating-encouragement, I think I've heard that things like incubate and teleport and what not have made it slightly easier to make Neglecteds than in the past, so hopefully that'll decrease the temptation to cheat as well.

Oh really?

Honestly, at first I was just looking for a thread to discuss failures and successes with other people. I agree with you as well, I think a couple weeks ago someone reported me for saying "Great dragon, hope it gets posted" on one of the completed requests thread (I didn't know it was spam at the time) So yeah, I don't think anyone's going to be getting away with multi-scrolling.

I really hope that kind of thread will be allowed again. I think you're right as well, as PMing some specific person doesn't really suffice, and, since it'd probably be a mod or something, they might just say something really general.

I really think if it was allowed again, that the same problems will crop up whether we think they will or not.

I enjoyed reading the first thread and after it was closed I was curious enough to follow up on it. All it takes is PMing people and heading to the chats.

I really think if it was allowed again, that the same problems will crop up whether we think they will or not.

I enjoyed reading the first thread and after it was closed I was curious enough to follow up on it. All it takes is PMing people and heading to the chats.

There's hardly ever anyone knowledgeable, usually no more than 2 others on the chats, and I think it could be confusing for some people as to who to PM for information.

I really don't think those problems would be an issue this time around.

I agree let this be talked about. You are not giving people enough credit to follow the rules. Yes there are ALWAYS going to be rule breakers but that doesn't mean the majority is.

I'd love to be able to figure out how to get my own and talk about it with others.

+1 from me.

I looked at your post and saw how Sock answered and they're right that people multi scrolled to get bouncing, but a lot of people also did it because they didn't want their scroll full of dead eggs.

I've been out of touch for the last half year, so I don't even know how many people are active. If you go to the Allure of Neglected Dragons fansite, there's pretty much all the info you need.

TBH, anything can encourage multiscrolling, so who cares? I support allowing Neglected discussion!

Again, just because there are ways to work around it doesn't mean we should keep a silly ban in place. I've been around the forums since July 2008, and as far as I can remember, talking about Neglecteds was banned even then. It's been five and a half years. I daresay we can take a second shot at the topic. Plus, as Oasis mentioned, normal forum-goers and mods are now so vigilant that even silly little things like posting "Wow awesome" on a completed dragon request get reported. So I find it very hard to believe that the thread would fall into a chaotic cheater-fest.

I doubt anyone would suggest it, even if they practiced the 'Illegalness.'

I think people are smarter than that, honestly.

As angelic mentioned, that was 5 years ago. A LOT changes in 5 years. A lot. I think the idea should at least be given a chance.

Also, I know a bunch of people who raise eggs into hatchlings, just to give them to the giving tree or something like that. I'm sure those people wouldn't mind having dead eggs on their scroll if it was to their benefit. The point is, why go to some other place if you could just get all the information right here, and, unlike in the allure of neglected dragons fansite, discuss things with other people.

Edited by Oasis

I am for the lifting of the ban. It seems rather silly to ban it given that the information IS so easily gained. While that may seem like a reason to keep the ban, it really isn't. If people can discuss it anywhere else, what is to keep them from coming up with the multiscrolling idea over there? To me, it would be BETTER to have the discussion here, so you can keep an eye on the discussion and nip any talk of multiscrolling in the bud, rather than let it fester somewhere else.

I am for the lifting of the ban. It seems rather silly to ban it given that the information IS so easily gained. While that may seem like a reason to keep the ban, it really isn't. If people can discuss it anywhere else, what is to keep them from coming up with the multiscrolling idea over there? To me, it would be BETTER to have the discussion here, so you can keep an eye on the discussion and nip any talk of multiscrolling in the bud, rather than let it fester somewhere else.

This^^

Yeah, people are just as likely, if not more, to start multiscrolling without the thread at all.

While I'm neutral and wouldn't care if its allowed or not, I do admit that not allowing ND discussion due to fear of multiscrolling is like amputating an whole arm for a paper cut. I've also thought the ban was in place because people beg others to bounce for them, and then sometimes they get stolen so people complain, etc.

To be honest, I though the ban was because Neglecteds were supposed to be a "secret" somehow (don't know where I got that silly idea from). But if it is because of that... it is a pretty poor reason. Like Nectaris said, better to keep an eye on them than let them do the deed in the other room where the mods are powerless.

To be honest, I though the ban was because Neglecteds were supposed to be a "secret" somehow (don't know where I got that silly idea from). But if it is because of that... it is a pretty poor reason. Like Nectaris said, better to keep an eye on them than let them do the deed in the other room where the mods are powerless.

You're actually not that far off; back in the old days we couldn't even discuss which egg belonged to which dragon on the forums, because it was considered ruining the game for others. I used to think that was why Neglecteds were banned, too, but I've never heard it mentioned once. xd.png

That's not a silly reason. When I first joined I thought that was the reason as well. Since they are so hard to get.

I thought the ban was unnecessary as well. My reasons for my opinion have already been mentioned by other members here.

I'm all for having Talk of ND's back on the forum.

The following is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

While I am one who would like to see the discussion thread again, I fear it will not happen. I was fairly active on the first thread, and the thread was a very active one. It is my understanding that the mods were kept very busy trying to police the rule breaking posts. I am afraid the best of intentions will not prevent these things from happening again.

You're actually not that far off; back in the old days we couldn't even discuss which egg belonged to which dragon on the forums, because it was considered ruining the game for others. I used to think that was why Neglecteds were banned, too, but I've never heard it mentioned once. xd.png

Lol!

Then I wasn't that mistaken. I've been here since 2009 (if I recall correctly), and I had totally forgotten that fact that we weren't allowed to say the eggs breed and so. Now I remember. tongue.gif

Anyways, since the site allows, for example, to talk about zombie creation, it wouldn't make much sense to forbid to talk about neglected creation. Not from this perspective.

As for the multiscrolling, I'm sure there are many reasons to encourage it, and way more to discourage it. I think forbidding to talk or encourage multiscrolling should be enough, without having to ban the whole topic.

I have thought multiple times of making a similar suggestion. PLEASE allow this on the forums! The paranoia over "But it encourages people to multiscroll!" appears in so many suggestions, and it represses the people who are actually more than happy to follow the ToS.

Biggest +1 ever.

This suggestion has my full support. Are Neglected sons of Lord Voldemort? xd.png

We should can speak about them, they are an important, original and rare dragon and it's so hard to get one of them that we don't need even the rules that forbidden to speak how to made one.

Also, I learned thanks to the Neglected Chat that there isn't anymore any difference between an egg take on AP or into the Biomes, because the time will end exactly after 7 days and not 7days and half an hour, like it was before.

We need an official topic that could keep us informed smile.gif

I'm for this.

I mean, if people are talking about it in private or off-site, then you can be sure as hell that they're gonna bring up multi-scrolling eventually.

It really doesn't stop people from considering the idea, or from acting on the idea.

Having it here on the forums would just let it be more easily detected.

If it being too much work for the mods is a problem, maybe there could be a new group of mods made--those who specifically police that topic if it's really that huge a deal.

Bear in mind, too, though, that as the site has grown and we have more active users, we have way more people who are willing to report mentions of rule breaking/encouraging the breaking of rules than we had in times past.

As well as the fact that it feels like everything has gotten much stricter and you can much more easily end up with a warn slapped on you. So between those, I think it'd be manageable.

And, hey, worst comes to worst... Discussion gets re-banned. I see no reason it shouldn't at least be given a TRIAL run, y'know?