TJ09

2013-10-23 - Lineage View Reverted

Thank you TJ!!!

This was a case of 'if it isn't broke, don't try fixing it'... but you did and you broke it. Thank you for 'fixing' it again... now please leave it alone until you can figure out how NOT to stretch the cells.

I like the reversion back to the way the view was. But now I'm curious - TJ, do you happen to have an image of what you're going for with the lineage view? I'd love to see it.

<3!

Almost NOBODY liked how the CBs in 4th+gen EGs were squished. D:

I must have been one of those "almost nobody" because I actually liked that names went to the right of the pic and squished it down. Although either way is not really that big deal to me. Main reason I liked it because it got smaller and meant that I could see more of the actual lineage on my screen. 5th gen is a perfect example ... I can see the WHOLE lineage on the screen when it was squished (like your pic for example). Anything above 5 gen I still could not see all of lineage, but at least I could see more of it all. Way I look at it ... spacing and so called uniformity does not matter when it goes off your screen anyway. If you can't see it all, that to me is at the expense of trying to keep so called uniformity .... which really is only uniform depending on how long the names are, which unless you bred the entire lineage, you can not control.

Edited by Hawkster

Awesomeness! Although I think the Eventually is hysterical. Agree that you eventually do some twerking, however, if you are going to do that, I think adding a zoom option is a quick, easy big win.

No I didn't misspell

There is a joke which I think nicely describes this situation:

A poor Jew goes to the rabbi and complains, "Life is unbearable. There are nine of us living in one room. What can I do?"

The rabbi answers, "Take your goat into the room with you." The man in incredulous, but the rabbi insists. "Do as I say and come back in a week." A week later the man comes back looking more distraught than before. "We cannot stand it," he tells the rabbi. "The goat is filthy." The rabbi then tells him, "Go home and let the goat out. And come back in a week."

A radiant man returns to the rabbi a week later, exclaiming, "Life is beautiful. We enjoy every minute of it now that there's no goat -- only the nine of us."

Edited by natli

I was in the minority who liked it, and I will miss it. :( Thanks for keeping us updated though.

(I should have screenied lineages I liked!)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I must have been one of those "almost nobody" because I actually liked that names went to the right of the pic and squished it down. Although either way is not really that big deal to me. Main reason I liked it because it got smaller and meant that I could see more of the actual lineage on my screen. 5th gen is a perfect example ... I can see the WHOLE lineage on the screen when it was squished (like your pic for example). Anything above 5 gen I still could not see all of lineage, but at least I could see more of it all. Way I look at it ... spacing and so called uniformity does not matter when it goes off your screen anyway. If you can't see it all, that to me is at the expense of trying to keep so called uniformity .... which really is only uniform depending on how long the names are, which unless you bred the entire lineage, you can not control.

*nods*

Personally, I've been more in the "I kind of like it but I'm not sure entirely, so let's see if I get used to it" camp. The "compression" worked just perfectly with rainbow EGs, but from the other hand, the importancy of CBs was lost - especially some spriters alts, at first I couldn't tell them apart from normal sprites laugh.gif But yeah, I've eventually got used to it.

Thank you, TJ. *goes and admires her minty lineages*

Thanks TJ. I personally didn't mind it but I'm happy that you listened to us in the SD thread. :3

This is fantastic news, now I'm looking forward to continuing my Halloween lineages again wub.gif

that´s nice that it got fixed, looks prettier again ^^

but it´s sad, that Deadlines are ugly again... it was okay, that you could look at the dead dragon´s lineage, when you clicked on it, but now you see all of it in the Lineage View, like the dead dragon was just killed... f.e. this dragon (looked nice before, now it´s plain ugly again)

I barely noticed the initial lineage change until I saw a thread about it. I liked this one more though, so thank you!

but it´s sad, that Deadlines are ugly again... it was okay, that you could look at the dead dragon´s lineage, when you clicked on it, but now you see all of it in the Lineage View, like the dead dragon was just killed... f.e. this dragon (looked nice before, now it´s plain ugly again)

Oh no, I haven't noticed that before. It completely destroys my pretty deadline shimmers! I hope it's just a glitch... sad.gif

EDIT: They look pretty again! Thanks, TJ! biggrin.gif

Edited by Windy

Hooray. The old view is way better.

Edited by Rally Vincent

Aww, carp. Just saw that too. Now this isn't nearly as pretty as it was... and I worked hard on that, too. Oh well, at least my current deadline project relies on killing CBs so that'll be right. rolleyes.gif

Thank you so much, TJ! biggrin.gif

I'm going to go ahead and throw a thank you out there too, even though I had no idea about any changes at all, but this must be a good thing, so I thank you. smile.gif