TJ09

2013-10-23 - Lineage View Reverted

This has been around site discussion for ages, dunno how you all missed it. In even gen lineages above 4th gen, all the CB dragons had their names moved to the right of their images, which halved the height of the lineage view at the expense of uniformity; the arrangement of the lineages no longer looked consistent, especially for things like checkers, where spacing is so important. Maybe some other lineage-lovers can provide screenies of how it looked?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Thank you TJ!!!! Now I can quit just moping around the AP hatching eggs for the departure thread and go back to my lineages. The pygmy-pumpkin checkers to 5th gen will be bred and kept after all. biggrin.gif *happy dances*

This has been around site discussion for ages, dunno how you all missed it. In even gen lineages above 4th gen, all the CB dragons had their names moved to the right of their images, which halved the height of the lineage view at the expense of uniformity; the arrangement of the lineages no longer looked consistent, especially for things like checkers, where spacing is so important. Maybe some other lineage-lovers can provide screenies of how it looked?

Previously it was like this (ignore the fact it was photoshopped for personal purpose):

user posted image

Almost NOBODY liked how the CBs in 4th+gen EGs were squished. D:

Oh, I see what ou mean. I do remember there being a switch, but I'd forgotten exactly what it used to be like until today. Thanks. I defiinitely prefer the now to yesterdays.

Ah, thank you TJ! I was one of the people who liked the weird view but I'm glad you changed it back to the original, since so many others were against it. Obvs there are many happy people today. smile.gif

My even gen lineages thank you, TJ! laugh.gif I am so glad they are back to "normal." I guess I will be picking up more CBs after all to carry them past gen 4.

Edited by purplehaze

I must admit I'm kind of neutral on the change back... I got used to the new one fairly quickly, and I must say, being able to see almost all of the lineage at once was a definite plus, whereas now I can't again. xd.png;; still hoping some sort of 'click-to-minimize' option is added so we can get the best of both worlds. That or just different view options.

(STILL no Halloween breeding announcement? D: )

I'm so glad it was changed back, now I can get back to breeding. Well, after Halloween is over anyway.

thank you, thank you, thank you.....so much prettier this way smile.gif

honestly, for someone who said they can't see all of it anymore - for really long lineages, even with the change, you couldn't.

for shorter lineages, 5-6, or so, it all shows for me, anything higher I can reduce the view a little.

but overall, this is soooooooooooo wonderful, and I hope that when improvements are made in the future they are ones we can enjoy.

Deb

I didn't even notice the change. I think it's because I usually have either CB or low-gen dragons. When I do have longer gen, they are usually staircase or spiral. I have very few even-gens. So I don't care about this change either way.

I only just noticed this thread xd.png

I was looking at some of my lineages and thinking 'something is different here'.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, T.J.!

I just hated the way 5th gen + looked. I lost interest in all my breeding projects, and I was feeling really bad about the Halloween dragon lineages I've been working on for years. My Marrow/Silver lineage has been hard work, and I'm so happy I can continue it now.

Now if we could just flush the greed out of trading, DC could be a fun hobby again.