dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

That caused physical pain. I feel for ya there. That would have been a pretty combo too.

Speaking of refusals, I have a waterhorse I breed infrequently, and every time I settle on a mate I think would look good with his lineage: refusal. He hasn't accepted a mate yet. I'm about ready to punt the little troublemaker off my scroll. It's been a year.

Can we overthink it together? Because I really stress about breeding combos xd.png

I am in favor of whiptails or grays, though I do really like the idea of the wyrven lineage.

Two ideas if you want all wyrvens: Looking at the wyrven list have you considered Flamingos? They're a wyrven and it would be something different in the line as far as coloration goes. Or if you've got some of the new eggs, the flutterbutt TJ has is almost ready to grow so we'll see the adult sprite and that might be a new wyrven choice. It looks like a potential wyrven so far.

Hmmmm, I don't see Coastal Waverunner in the list of Wyverns, actually.

I was favoring Tri-Horn Wyverns, unless they're not common. I see tons of them in the Cave now, and that always confuses me.

The BBW is very bright (hence, the name laugh.gif) and so I'd also favor something bright on the other side for balance.

As for my refusal, I re-bred both pairs and got 2 black-tips, so I put the one that I needed a speckle to the AP and kept the other. Maybe she'll do better wink.gif

Edit: I must be dense, because I was just at the wiki and I can't understand how Black Teas are uncommon, when they came out I believe they were said to be intended to be common, and I must see dozens every day in the cave. Plus, they breed like bunnies.

Edited by daba555

Hmmmm, I don't see Coastal Waverunner in the list of Wyverns, actually.

I was favoring Tri-Horn Wyverns, unless they're not common.  I see tons of them in the Cave now, and that always confuses me.

Le gaspeth, you are correct. Waverunners are not in the wyrven list. Nor does their breed description list them as wyrvens. That's it, they're dinos in my book.

Oh! Tri-horns would be pretty. I didn't think about them. They've got that brown/blue thing going on which would look good. The males have a similar body posture to the BBW males, but the females show their back for a nice blue/purple depending on what you want.

The wiki itself is ambiguous about what these waverunners actually are:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Sub-Types#Wyverns

So I would say, go by the looks and not by the names smile.gif

Also, I'm curious: is "Wyrven" an actual alternate spelling for "Wyvern?" I've only ever seen "Wyvern" for that type of dragon, but then again I also never got the difference between "Draks" and "Drakes." biggrin.gif

Tri-Horns ... have become rather common, by my observation; they usually stick in the cave for a bit before someone decides to pick them up. They are pretty, but I guess by now many people have their share of CBs of them.

Black Teas ... I would say they are common, too. They are usually picked up instantly when they show up on the AP, but in the cave, they tend to stick for several minutes.

That rarity guide appears outdated, really. Brimstones are listed as uncommon, but they have been blocking the Volcano for an hour now. Luminas are showing up more and more often, likewise Royal Blues ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm sure they only forgot to put the Waverunners on the wyvern list, they are listed as wyvern on the sub-type page and look like wyverns.

@Draketeeth: I did consider Flamingos but thought the red might clash with the BBW breast red but now I'm not so sure anymore... I think now I'm down to two, Flamingo or Fog. xd.png

@Ruby Eyes: I agree that Tri-Horns and Black Tea are not that uncommon anymore, I wouldn't exactly say common but I see them more often than Nebula (but less ofthen than Pillows, I see them all the time). "Almost common" or "slightly uncommon" maybe. laugh.gif

Also, I'm curious: is "Wyrven" an actual alternate spelling for "Wyvern?" I've only ever seen "Wyvern" for that type of dragon, but then again I also never got the difference between "Draks" and "Drakes." biggrin.gif

blink.gif fjdsk'fdszjd'lgf I've been spelling it wrong for years apparently. Yes,"Wyvern" appears to be the proper spelling. I've always spell it like I say it, and I've never heard anyone pronounce it contrary to how I say it, so I always thought "Wyrven" was the accurate spelling. Shows you how much I pay attention to the spelling in a game I've played for years. *Epic Fail! 8D* Which now makes me wonder now how you actually say the sub-species name.

Drakes and Draks confuse me too. I don't get that one.

Earthtones projects was a flop this week. Got no eggs at all. I'm wondering if the AP is to fault somehow. It hit 4 days on Sundayish and has been hanging out there ever since. I mean seriously, can't breed an albino or olive? pfft.

And threw out the "something in purple" project idea because I found a mate in the AP I love so much more than anything I could dream up.

I've always thought it was pronounce as "why-vern" (rhymes with fern)

I plan to do a horse/blusang lineage, it's been on my list for a while now.

I hadn't seen the blusang/tan ridgewing, but had considered blue ridgewing with it.

Too many ideas, not enough slots sad.gif

Blusang is defined as just as rare as Golden Wyvern, just saying biggrin.gif

I checked 2 dictionaries for pronunciation, both agree with daba555, e.g. this one:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wyvern

*sighs* I want more slots, too. No progress on my projects sad.gif

edit: ROOM for 1 egg! Breeding time! Progress! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yay! on your progress, both of you.

Breeding was abysmal yesterday with 2 refusals (only 1 in this project, the other was 2 2nd gen green coppers/silver sad.gif)

I did get one egg I needed for another project, but nothing here wink.gif

Commons, my left foot xd.png

hahhahahahhaaaaaaa I know, I picked some that aren't really common, although they feel common to me.

Well butter my flutterbutt hatchy and call me a liar. There are nice coastal waveosauren lineages.

Anyone fancy a 4th gen checker for larger lovely projects? He is correctly influenced. I'll leave one here, and if someone fancies the other I have, then feel free to PM smile.gif The lineages are just alike, but unrelated.

Coastal 1 ~ Adopt

Was a most unexpected AP find. Gone and gone!

Edited by Draketeeth

Those Pygmy lineages look so pretty. biggrin.gif

I'm making little progress, but I got one egg. Now I just need my other CB Seragamma to give me an Albino egg. Yeah... that's not gonna happen though, is it...? unsure.gif But I'm trying to be optimistic! xd.png

And I got another CB Flamingo in case I go with the BBW/Flamingo idea. Which seems more and more likely the longer I look at this. laugh.gif

Edited by dustpuppy

well dry.gif

this reef was the only LC Pairing that gave the right egg this AM

and the other half refused- so I will need to rebreed

but I do like the crimson x reef pairing - will make a bigger checker for sure!!

well dry.gif

but I do like the crimson x reef pairing - will make a bigger checker for sure!!

I really like that pairing. But I already have more lineage ideas than I can complete in a lifetime with the current scroll limits. laugh.gif

well  dry.gif

but I do like the crimson x reef pairing - will make a bigger checker  for sure!!

I like this, too. How annoying.

Dustpuppy, I am concerned I'll have the same problem with the Seragammas. They seem to be really, really dominant when breeding sad.gif Like the Bleeding Moons, which I gave up on.

Well butter my flutterbutt hatchy and call me a liar. There are nice coastal waveosauren lineages.

Anyone fancy a 4th gen checker for larger lovely projects? He is correctly influenced. I'll leave one here, and if someone fancies the other I have, then feel free to PM smile.gif The lineages are just alike, but unrelated.

Coastal 1 ~ Adopt

Was a most unexpected AP find.

I took this little fella! Thanks you smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Another week of fail-breeding from both of my projects.... sad.gif

If someone is interested, i'll leave them here for a few hours, before AP ind them:

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

EDIT:

NO!NO!NO! i can't believe my own derpiness!

I just sucessfully bred http://dragcave.net/lineage/4KRJB and it AUTO ABANDONDED!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by milkaq66

EDIT:

NO!NO!NO! i can't believe my own derpiness!

I just sucessfully bred http://dragcave.net/lineage/4KRJB and it AUTO ABANDONDED!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, scrap, can't say I've never done that before. No promises, but I know I'll be AP hunting Saturday, so I'll keep an eye open for it. In the meantime if you seriously want it back, you can start hitting the trade threads with a note of the egg you want and offer a reward. That way people know the lineage and can scoop it if they see it.

EDT: you could also rename the parents letting folks know you want that egg.

If that all fails, you would have been re-breeding anyway.

Edited by Draketeeth

Ah, that's kind of you!

I think i'll try some of your ideas!

And when all fails...well at least they didn't refuse, so there's always the chance to get another egg.

I have calmed down by now... xd.png

Well, scrap, can't say I've never done that before. No promises, but I know I'll be AP hunting Saturday, so I'll keep an eye open for it. In the meantime if you seriously want it back, you can start hitting the trade threads with a note of the egg you want and offer a reward. That way people know the lineage and can scoop it if they see it.

EDT: you could also rename the parents letting folks know you want that egg.

If that all fails, you would have been re-breeding anyway.

This'll hit the AP on Sunday...auto-abandon adds a day.

If the AP is at 4 days, for example, your egg need to say 3 days. When it hits the AP it'll change to 4 days.

Learned that after auto-abandoning several somethings, and then complaining or asking about it in one of the help threads or somewhere - it's absolutely true because I was able to re-catch a specially bred silver by following that rule.

Right now it's almost 4pm, egg is at 6d 22h, so I'd expect it to show around 2pm on Sunday, depending on what stage the AP is at.

Helps to add the egg view to your favorites bar, then keep checking it. Sometimes (I swear) time runs a little differently in the cave than in real life blink.gif

It's fortunate that the Z-Pygmies didn't refuse. biggrin.gif Maybe they'll breed a Z egg one day!

laugh.gif Actually the other pair were Z'Pygmies, too. I bred a bunch of Z pairs today, but got no Z eggs.

This'll hit the AP on Sunday...auto-abandon adds a day. 

If the AP is at 4 days, for example, your egg need to say 3 days.  When it hits the AP it'll change to 4 days.

Okay. I believe. My mass breed from Sunday which was supposed to, I thought, hit the AP Wednesday, reached it Thursday. Weird since I tossed them away right away, but whatever. rolleyes.gif

Half the the subtle compliment lineage was in the mood to behave, the other half was being a derp. As such I wave a fail!breeding up for adoption if anyone wants to give a 3rd gen pink egg some love.

Lineage ~ Adopt me!

I bred a bunch of Z pairs today, but got no Z eggs.
Bummer! Maybe next breeding. Z project looks like fun sometimes. Edited by Draketeeth

Wrong breed! Anybody want? Gone.

But in better news, this pair gave me what I needed. Seawyrm

I thought I posted that I took that egg, so sorry!

I lurves it smile.gif

My hubby took that pink egg, hope it's OK. I like it, too, very nice combo smile.gif

Edited by daba555

My hubby took that pink egg, hope it's OK. I like it, too, very nice combo smile.gif

Fine by me! Enjoy, and thanks for letting me know where it poofed to.