dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

On 10/13/2018 at 9:59 AM, purplehaze said:

Finished! Much easier than I expected.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:43 AM, GhostMouse said:

Almost missed this one, too. So fiery!

:wub:

On 10/22/2018 at 12:36 PM, sakana said:

Finished! Well, at least halfway to properly finished - this is the female half of the Super Lovely I'm working on.

Oh wow!! You guys have been busy! Such beautiful combinations!!(y)

LOVE your Leo lineage dragonpuck!

I have been working on my Siyat colour trio, and would be finished now, but one of the 3gens misgendered - after waiting all those days to hatch, hogging the egg slots! Drat and darn! Now it will have to wait till after Halloween madness.

But I did find a nice pair of Pumpkins I will be breeding in season - not exactly common, those Pumpkins though. Please bear with my non-orthodox LCs till I am over the magical lineage structure and actually start looking at Commons!! :blush:

So,

Here's the Proposed Pumpkin lineage and the eventually-to-be-completed Siyat Trio lineage (well, technically Siyats are supposed to be common)B)

Now, most importantly, how do I follow this thread? Every other time I have posted in a thread, it is automatically added, but none have been of late, most particularly, this is hasn't. 😥

At the top, in the right corner above the "Reply to this topic", there is a "Follow" button ;)

oh hey, I know that 2nd gen Magelight - I bred it :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I messed around with my settings and either that must have worked, or you did something psychic, Ruby Eyes, because I got an email saying you had posted... to tell me how I could receive an email that told me you had posted. 🤣 That button just says 'following' now. 

Oh, I love that little Magelight. I love most of the Pygmies actually, but have never done more with them than grab neat lineages in the Abandoned area. 

I am so excited about getting into all this, I almost wish Halloween was over and done with, but nah, gotta have that adrenaline high!

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

oh hey, I know that 2nd gen Magelight - I bred it :lol:

Isn't it fun to see things you bred actually being used in someone's lineage? :) 

Oh!! Was peeking at your grouped LCs Ruby Eyes, and found this beauty. What a clever lineage! I was trying to figure out what 'TJ's banner' was. I can be a bit dopey before coffee. 😋 Got it now!

Most of my progeny that I have seen has been cringe-worthy, lol. But where I have bred something specifically for a person, that almost always leads to children I am proud of. 😎 And sometimes, I have asked for a sib of their line from my dragon.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And now that the Halloween madness is over, I have another finish. Thanks again to @dragonpuck for the mama!

Wow! @purplehaze, that is beautiful! I never noticed how similar the Fire Gem is to Sapphire.

I did a "halloween" LC lineage, although not as I had planned, because, alas, both 3gen were male. I hadn't noticed! 😂

So I had to switch Ruby Eyes' lovely with a Misfit and got my Halloween celebration! Admittedly, Thuweds cannot be considered common! 😋

I have two others on the go, but again unforeseen issues with gender(!?!) has delayed things.

@Justie Nice Halloween line, even if it isn't what you planned.

I have a Thuwed line, too. And the Aeons in my latest one are hardly common, either, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! XD 

@purplehaze, that is so pretty!!! I usually have trouble liking Pygmy lineages, so many look the same to me. But I am warming to them. Lines like yours are a big help. :wub:

I think I will rename all my newly discovered Lovelies to a different name format from what I have for all my other dragons. I don't like them masquerading as ordinary dragons. 😎

(Almost) completely off topic, why isn't there a Halloween drake???

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And now that the Halloween madness is over, I have another finish. Thanks again to @dragonpuck for the mama!

traitorous dragons ,  I forgot to fertilize and got a refusal- so back to the drawing board 

still very pretty

@Justie "thuwed"  dragons are   simply from TJs lines ,the species can be common or rare 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SEE5Z   

I'd love to have a 3rd gen from the line to match my female half but so far only found  BBW's from the line

Oh that's a lovely idea. Was never sure which line to start with, I think I will give this one a try^^

Commons are lovely!
Forum name: Din85
Scroll link: Scroll
Can people PM you and request eggs? yes
If yes, any requirements? nope

My lineage plans: Want to make a brute Dragon, With Mates from Plated Colossus and Red....Think those bulky Dragons would work well together

Unfortunately I'm prety locked atm, but hopefully those guys will hatch soon^^

Edit: Breeding started, here is the group, if you are curious^^ https://dragcave.net/group/74547

Edited by Din85
Added Group

So breeding for the first lineage just started and I can't stop thinking of the plans for the next lineage.

And heres the Problem: Two-headed Dragons are (except for two breeds) listed uncommon on dragcave wiki...would one uncommon be ok so I could breed a two-headed lineage?

2 hours ago, Din85 said:

So breeding for the first lineage just started and I can't stop thinking of the plans for the next lineage.

And heres the Problem: Two-headed Dragons are (except for two breeds) listed uncommon on dragcave wiki...would one uncommon be ok so I could breed a two-headed lineage?

Part of the reason to use commons is to show them some love and appreciate the sprites, which are just as pretty (or sometimes prettier) as rares. Two-headeds, Drakes and Pygmies often also don't get a lot of attention, so using the less common ones too is okay in my opinion. I have a blue Baikala LC that's entirely made from uncommon breeds: https://dragcave.net/lineage/iYiUw

5 hours ago, Din85 said:

This is a bit addicting, isn't it? XD 

In addition to what dustpuppy said, keep in mind that the wiki is not official and doesn't always get rarities right. Rarity is sort of a subjective thing and also seems to vary from time to time. We do like to give the commons some love, but sometimes they just look so good with some of the less common dragons that we can't help ourselves!