dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

1 hour ago, dragonpuck said:

and  finally a finish, I seem to be one mate short on about 5 projects*sighs*

we are so smoky here  from all the western fires it seems appropriate that this one is finished now

storm/fog /smoky haze x waterhorse x Skywing

https://dragcave.net/lineage/P8out

Now I have "Smoke on the water" stuck in my head! :D

2 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

Now I have "Smoke on the water" stuck in my head! :D

ha ha, now named as such!!!

HELLO LOVELY COMMONERS!

This thread is wonderful!

I think I have found my DC home!

I thought I was the only person who preferred 3 breed lineages!!! I LOVE them.:wub: So glad to find you guys! Love the lineages you have been doing (yes, I went through and looked at them all. 😍)

So, I figure I will officially join (yes, I know about the form, I am onto it) with a little LC of my own, which is a 3-colour Siyat LC checker. I know it doesn't officially qualify, but I am so into the idea that I am almost finished it already. 

The really cool thing though is, having just found you, look what I found in the AP! This Lovely Common! Is it from someone here?

And question, to be official, do I need to have put the whole lineage together from CB, or can I work with 2-3gens that I find some other way?

Welcome! :D

We've created lineages from plenty of AP finds - especially Herk and TerraFreaky are breeding a lot of common/common checkers, so sooner or later everyone finds a 2nd or 3rd gen that matches their taste :lol:

5 hours ago, Justie said:

HELLO LOVELY COMMONERS!

This thread is wonderful!

I think I have found my DC home!

Welcome to the Lovely Commons Project, Justie! :D Nice to have you here!

I thought I was the only person who preferred 3 breed lineages!!! I LOVE them.:wub: So glad to find you guys! Love the lineages you have been doing (yes, I went through and looked at them all. 😍)

We've been busy, haven't we? XD I should do another update soon.

The really cool thing though is, having just found you, look what I found in the AP! This Lovely Common! Is it from someone here?

It's not the LC pattern, but it is beautiful! I never knew Desipis and Magi go so well together. *makes mental note for Halloween*

And question, to be official, do I need to have put the whole lineage together from CB, or can I work with 2-3gens that I find some other way?

Like Ruby Eyes said, as long as it's LC and you breed it, it counts. The only advantage of breeding it all from CB is that you can choose the names, if that's important to you. I have several LC lineages where one half was a gift from one of the other members here.  :D

I'm currently working on a partner for this gift from sakana and I've decided to use Nebulas (it's going to be a Lovely Uncommon). My first Nebula turned out red, can I get some blue vibes please for my two currently growing attempts? :D

Thank you Dustpuppy and And Ruby Eyes. (Half my scroll consists of Terrafreaky's offspring! 😍

1 hour ago, dustpuppy said:

It's not the LC pattern, but it is beautiful! I never knew Desipis and Magi go so well together. *makes mental note for Halloween*

It's not the Lovely Commons pattern? :o Because it has the Desipis? Or am I not looking at it the right way - should turn it onto its side? :blink:XD I went through all those lovely lineages and I still didn't get the basic idea? :blush: Spatial logic was never my strong suit, but....??

5 minutes ago, Justie said:

Thank you Dustpuppy and And Ruby Eyes. (Half my scroll consists of Terrafreaky's offspring! 😍

It's not the Lovely Commons pattern? :o Because it has the Desipis? Or am I not looking at it the right way - should turn it onto its side? :blink:XD I went through all those lovely lineages and I still didn't get the basic idea? :blush: Spatial logic was never my strong suit, but....??

The Lovely Common pattern basically combines two 3rd gen checkers. The main breed is male in one checker and female in the other. The second and third breed are each used as the other breed in only one of the checkers. It's kind of hard to put into words!

Yes, it is hard to describe it and stay focussed on it, for me anyway, I had this same problem when I first tried to breed those Fevers etc. But I think I get it now, looking back at that one with the Desipis. To be an official LC lineage, it would have had to be something like:

Checker 1 = Cassare M x Magi F

Checker 2 = Desipis M x Cassare F.

That it?

Yep!  That would be an LC. :) Except I'm not sure Holiday dragons are considered common. Are they @dustpuppy? Of course we have all probably used the pattern for breeds that aren't common.

Eh, I shamelessly sorted this lovely gift from tjenni into my Lovely Commons: https://dragcave.net/lineage/fYJE4 since the Seasonal itself *is* common, and the shape is matching, too! :D

We don't count points or somesuch, we are mostly enjoying the visuals, the breeding, the (often, not always) quick successes, AND the fact that the concept itself is a genius combination of one of the three main lineage shapes on DC (checkers - the others would be stairs and purebreds) so it's possible to include parts of LCs into other lineages or vice versa. It's also a great way to work with often under-appreciated breeds!

That Cassare is an amazing lineage, even lore-wise. :)

Oh goodie!! Now I get to rummage through my scroll looking for 3 gen checkers I can turn into LCs! 😍 Or ones I have already made, from when I had not enough nice 2 gens to build my own checkers and so made 'related' 4gens with 3 breeds, not realising it was a LC all along. :o At least a few of them. Mostly I combined them as 3 gen checkers where the dominant breed appeared in both 3 gens as the same gender.

Commons are lovely!
Forum name: Justie
Scroll link: https://dragcave.net/user/charlottekay62
Can people PM you and request eggs? Yes
If yes, any requirements? Patience. Sometimes I get caught up in something and don't get all my planned breeding done as soon as it could be. 

My lineage plans:

Probably not all common breeds - I have never noticed really, which was common or not, just which ones got in the way. 😋

LC pattern Siyat in each colour (working on that now)

Cassare x Fever + Albino

Pyralspite Pyrope + Tsunami + Brimstone based on this

Found a few LC lineages (I think) so far in my scroll, though not mine and once again in some cases with not-so-common breeds. Good start to my LC collection though! 👍

First Drake IV

Haunted Falcon IV

Festering Ferment IV

Mighty Mint IV

Sweet Fuschia Rose IV

Umber Flight IV

Edited by Justie
Added lineages

That Fever is beautiful! :wub: And I'm glad you like that Pyrope :D

I found this on the AP yesterday: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zOBev

Goes into the group of "Common outside, hidden treasures inside" :D

Nobody wants this Royal Crimson? Incuhatchable now.

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Speaking of AP finds from Herk's dragons, does anyone have use for this 3rd gen Royal Crimson from male purple Nebula checker?

Umber Flight IV is yours, Ruby Eyes? I love it! Well done! I loved it from the moment I saw it, even though I would never have had the imagination to put it together myself - I am working on that. 😄

Pyralspites are the bestest ever favouritest of my favourite breeds (all 3 colours). I have 100s of them. You can expect to see a lot of my own Pyrals LCs in here soon. 😍

There's a lineage type that I have seen on occasions that I call my "hidden treasures" that are a bit different from the LC style and often use four breeds. They use the "common outside, treasure inside" theme. Been meaning to do some of those too. 🙄 

Got this yesterday to go with this so another LC almost finished.

This baby that I got from dragonpuck in the Z project thread needs a mate. I think I will use Aeons as the third breed -- even though they aren't really common. I just like the way the combination looks.

[sobs] WHY WON'T YOU MAKE A WATER BABY FOR ME, YOU TWO!!!!

If anyone has a watery project going on and needs a water walker eggy, have at. All I ask is that it gets a name.

Claim my egg!

Edited by sakana
Fixed broken code whoops