dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

That's very pretty Dragonpuck. smile.gif The stones make a good foil for many different colors.

Progress! http://dragcave.net/lineage/dj5bW

The little Misfit grew up a few minutes ago. I guess that means I'll make a 4g checker with them after this project tongue.gif

Also, this one hatched, in case someone would like to give it a new home (I needed a Crimson Flare)

Of course it was influenced. Which leaves the question, *how* was it influenced? xd.png(Answer: male)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Progress! http://dragcave.net/lineage/dj5bW

The little Misfit grew up a few minutes ago. I guess that means I'll make a 4g checker with them after this project tongue.gif

Also, this one hatched, in case someone would like to give it a new home (I needed a Crimson Flare)

me, me, me...thank you so much!

When I saw you post about this sometime recently, I thought I had to have it, too, and here's a great start!

and I didn't even have to ask biggrin.gif

Edit: Was it influenced, btw? hahahaaa, now I ask... wink.gif

Edited by daba555

OH OH OH

my 1st 4th gen

yes, I already had half but I usually have a hard time with stones so I am excieted that this happened without a hitch!

Congrats! It looks great and I love the name of the father. xd.png

Okie, I came up with a fourth line idea and added it into my first post. I'm planning to concentrate on these lines more (as I need to collect scattered thoughts/ideas and start somewhere) but, I'm hesitant about grabbing CB eggs in the event that the November release is going to happen very soon.

(..)but, I'm hesitant about grabbing CB eggs in the event that the November release is going to happen very soon.

I don't see any problem?

Grab them from the AP, influence them, put them to click sites and 5 hours later you have hatchlings. This is what I am doing the whole time and now I only need 1 female Albino and 1 female Horse and I have all dragons for all 4 lineage projects, and I had to collect many. If they'll like each other is another thing, though tongue.gif

Edited by Mondat

I don't see any problem?

Grab them from the AP, influence them, put them to click sites and 5 hours later you have hatchlings. This is what I am doing the whole time and now I only need 1 female Albino and 1 female Horse and I have all dragons for all 4 lineage projects, and I had to collect many. If they'll like each other is another thing, though tongue.gif

.-. I actually didn't think of that... Come to mention it... I've been getting CB's recently from the AP. Maybe my luck will hold up? :3

EDIT: Well then... Scratch that |D Out of 5 AP eggs caught, only one is CB.

EDIT 2: But some of those that are lineaged actually have some nice lines... :c

Edited by Narvix

.-. I actually didn't think of that... Come to mention it... I've been getting CB's recently from the AP. Maybe my luck will hold up? :3

EDIT: Well then... Scratch that |D Out of 5 AP eggs caught, only one is CB.

EDIT 2: But some of those that are lineaged actually have some nice lines... :c

Oh well, I get many CB dragons from the AP. In case of the very common - common breeds, I don't bother to catch them in the cave anymore. I also had CB Seasonals, 2 headed Lindwurms and Bloodscales from the AP, too, but I was lucky then.

And as of now, I have all dragons I'll need for my 4 lineage projects, yay! poptartFINALTINY.gif

When I need CBs I tend to always try the AP first too.

The only problem with getting CBs from the AP is that I have to resist the temptation to keep all the nice lineages as well, or I'll end up hatchie-locked. laugh.gif

I'm also stalking the AP to try and find 2nd or 3rd gens I could use for Lovely Commons projects biggrin.gif You never know when you get lucky, and someone else's "wrong breed egg" is just what you need!

Also: Progress!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The only problem with getting CBs from the AP is that I have to resist the temptation to keep all the nice lineages as well, or I'll end up hatchie-locked. laugh.gif

100% that.

Although I'm getting sick of finding long shimmerkin stairs. When I was horse hunting in the AP, everything was related to DivaZ. meh. Wouldn't mind seeing more variety there.

Speaking of hatchy lock, last chance for this fellow before I kick him in a few hours ~ love me

Gonna lay off breeding at this point too so I'm as unlocked as possible for the release. Will try for the new dragons, but I'm more interested in AP hunting what gets dumped off folks' scrolls in favor of the new dragons.

And as of now, I have all dragons I'll need for my 4 lineage projects, yay!

Gratz!

Speaking of hatchy lock, last chance for this fellow before I kick him in a few hours ~ love me

I thought the green of the Vines and the turquoise of the Spitfires would clash, but now that I see it... biggrin.gif ...aaaand adopted. Thanks!

I just noticed I'm stuck because exactly one 2nd gen is missing from each and every one of my lineages. xd.png

Edited by dustpuppy

OK, there is progress smile.gif I just bred 2 eggs for my swallowtail/daydream/moonstone, for 3 of 4.

I think I have all of my eggs/hatchies updated in my first post on page 2. Still some stubbornness going on sad.gif

After tonight, I'm not going to breed or catch anything, in the event of a new release. You never know when your favorite dragon first appears laugh.gif

I thought the green of the Vines and the turquoise of the Spitfires would clash, but now that I see it... biggrin.gif ...aaaand adopted. Thanks!

Cheers.

Yeah, it's one of those combos that earn a funny look in conversation, but in practice it works somehow. They really have nothing in common colorwise to tie them together.

swallowtail/daydream/moonstone

That's an intriguing combo. 0_o I would not have thought to put those together.

Bred my first pair for my second lineage and got the right breed on the first try.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/IiBb8

Still waiting for a 2nd gen pair to come off cooldown to move on with my first lineage.

And now I just picked up an AP egg that has sort of given me a push toward a lineage I was already thinking of. I already have this on my scroll and I just picked up this. Add another stone x earth pair and I will have a nice Christmasy look. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Bred my first pair for my second lineage and got the right breed on the first try.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/IiBb8

Still waiting for a 2nd gen pair to come off cooldown to move on with my first lineage.

And now I just picked up an AP egg that has sort of given me a push toward a lineage I was already thinking of. I already have this on my scroll and I just picked up this. Add another stone x earth pair and I will have a nice Christmasy look. wink.gif

oh, I like that stone combo! you are a *bad* influence laugh.gif

I just got my last 2nd gen for my first project, after several tries. If she genders correctly, I'll be very pleased.

I'm adding a pygmy to my list as well, as I realized I have several I've collected from the AP. Actually, I planned 2 of them, but the plan is elsewhere, LOL, so I'll put them on later.

Oddly, both are nilia/pygmy/crimson flare, despite the fact that dark myst are my favorites. I'll be planning one or two with those, as well.

Now I gotta go check my stones, I've been collecting them, too, because of your stone/crimson lineage, PH biggrin.gif

Oh, I just got another idea - Royal Crimsons and Royal Blues surrounded by Guardians laugh.gif

2nd gen Bad tempers just refused so I'm gonna have to have to strangle at least one of them breed up a new branch for the project. Not really amused at their antics.

2nd gen Subtle Compliments gave no egg and an egg of the wrong color. To that AP that egg goes, hope whoever finds it likes it.

Holland and Hale gave me a 3rd gen vine egg this round. Hurrah! So that helps there. Here's hoping it won't alt. I don't think I want alts in the line. The dark green and yellow would throw the color scheme.

Anyone catch any of the new eggs? Already plotting projects with them? I'm just going to let mine grow uninfluenced. If I get two of the same gender then that's half a checker base there, and if they go different then I have a PB pair. Win either way.

Royal Crimsons and Royal Blues surrounded by Guardians
That could be quite pretty.

And now I just picked up an AP egg that has sort of given me a push toward a lineage I was already thinking of. I already have this on my scroll and I just picked up this. Add another stone x earth pair and I will have a nice Christmasy look.  wink.gif

That. Is. SO PRETTY! biggrin.gif I'll definitely come begging for an egg once you're done. laugh.gif

Anyone catch any of the new eggs? Already plotting projects with them? I'm just going to let mine grow uninfluenced. If I get two of the same gender then that's half a checker base there, and if they go different then I have a PB pair. Win either way.

I influenced mine an I hope they'll be common. I wonder if they'll go well with Horses. Or Skywings... smile.gif

2nd gen Bad tempers just refused so I'm gonna have to have to strangle at least one of them breed up a new branch for the project. Not really amused at their antics.

2nd gen Subtle Compliments gave no egg and an egg of the wrong color. To that AP that egg goes, hope whoever finds it likes it.

Holland and Hale gave me a 3rd gen vine egg this round. Hurrah! So that helps there. Here's hoping it won't alt. I don't think I want alts in the line. The dark green and yellow would throw the color scheme.

That could be quite pretty.

I'm so sorry about your refusal, but your post me me really laugh laugh.gif

I love, love the new eggs, and I have no idea what to put them with, but I do believe it'll be Stone and Gray, at the very least.

It's just about my all-time fave color combo (purple and turquoise) - back when I was younger, I always had at least 1 or 2 dresses or outfits with that combo.

I hope they're common too!

edit 12/2:

user posted image

3rd gen, it would have been, the bottom half of my first project. Bleah!!!

I guess that's my punishment for laughing sad.gif

Edited by daba555

Bleh, my dragons are still on coolown. Well if I can't make progress I'll just have to start something new, right? xd.png

I have this Seragamma/BBW checkerboard which I want to split up and use the two 3rd gens as one half of two new Lovely Common lineages. For the bottom half I'll breed a Seragamma/Albino checker and I updated my breeding post accordingly.

But I can't decide what to use as a third breed for the top half...

Ideas:

Whiptail or Spitfire:

pro - picks up the colour of the Seragammas

con - they don't look quite as nice with the BBW as the Seragammas do

Coastal Waverunner:

pro - it's a wyvern, so the whole lineage would be only wyverns, which would be cool

con - I don't like them all that much

Skywing:

pro - might look good with the BBW and it's not that different from a wyvern

con - both BBW and Seragamma are in an uprigh position and Skywing is horizontal

Fog:

pro - has the same upright posture

...am I overthinking this? tongue.gif

@ Deb and Draketeeth - sorry about the refusals. sad.gif

@ dustpuppy - you are probably overthinking it, but it's your lineage so you have to like the result. I think the fog would be a good substitute. It is upright and a kind of neutral coloring to counter the green. I don't see that you listed any cons for it . . .

edit 12/2:

user posted image

3rd gen, it would have been, the bottom half of my first project.  Bleah!!!

I guess that's my punishment for laughing sad.gif

That caused physical pain. I feel for ya there. That would have been a pretty combo too.

Speaking of refusals, I have a waterhorse I breed infrequently, and every time I settle on a mate I think would look good with his lineage: refusal. He hasn't accepted a mate yet. I'm about ready to punt the little troublemaker off my scroll. It's been a year.

Ideas:

Whiptail or Spitfire:

Coastal Waverunner:

Skywing:

Fog:

Can we overthink it together? Because I really stress about breeding combos xd.png

I am in favor of whiptails or grays, though I do really like the idea of the wyrven lineage.

Two ideas if you want all wyrvens: Looking at the wyrven list have you considered Flamingos? They're a wyrven and it would be something different in the line as far as coloration goes. Or if you've got some of the new eggs, the flutterbutt TJ has is almost ready to grow so we'll see the adult sprite and that might be a new wyrven choice. It looks like a potential wyrven so far.