AwesoMan30000

3+ leaf clovers

wow. i use to think that four leaf clovers were just made up. iv never found one in my life, and in my yard there are several patches of clovers. also, i do have bad luck.

It's okay, I've never found one either. I was at a craft fair the other week with some acquaintances, and we were looking at pressed 4-leaf clovers. One guy said "How did they find this many? I've never gotten one!" xd.png

But maybe it just has to do with the fact that I don't have the patience to hunt for them. :3

wow. i use to think that four leaf clovers were just made up. iv never found one in my life, and in my yard there are several patches of clovers. also, i do have bad luck.

Keep looking, then you'll find one biggrin.gif

It's okay, I've never found one either. I was at a craft fair the other week with some acquaintances, and we were looking at pressed 4-leaf clovers. One guy said "How did they find this many? I've never gotten one!" xd.png

But maybe it just has to do with the fact that I don't have the patience to hunt for them. :3

I don't have much patience either, but I still found that mutant mutant.

Edited by AwesoMan30000

I found a 4 leaf clover once! There was a quiet competition among my 5th grade class to find one in the huge clover patches outside our classroom. I was the only one to find one, and I pressed it with wax paper between the pages of a textbook, but at the end of the year I returned the textbook and forgot to take out my clover :( Some kid next year opened up that book and found that clover and was probably pleasantly surprised though.

I found a five leaf clover once. Then I tried to press it and I guess it fell from the pages or something... But boy, that was amazing!

Also, I found about two four-leafed clovers in the past.

I think the four leaf clovers must be a variety, because on my grandpas farm they have four leaf clovers growing everywhere, they are definitely a different species to the regular clovers.

Are you sure it's not some sort of clover look-alike?

True four-leafers should come from Trifolium repens (white clover) or Trifolium pratense (red clover)

Once I was hanging outside with my family and they were all trying to find 4-leaf clovers. I thought it was kind of stupid, so I just watched them from the porch. They were all like,"Hey, come try to find one!" I relunctantly went over to the patch, bent down, and I plucked a random clover from the gound. Want to guess what kind it was? A four-leaf clover. :3

Did you know that most (undamaged, at least) plants have a number of leaves/petals that is in the Fibonacci sequence? It's true! Plants with spiral patterns like pine cones and pineapples also tend to have a Fibonacci number of swirls, whether you count clockwise or counterclockwise. There are some plants similar to the white clover, however, that have three or four leaves regularly and not as a mutation. But considering the fact that mutations are not actually beneficial for clovers in any way and may lead to their lives being ended early by a lucky person, all plants are probably equally lucky.

The more you knoooooooooooowww *floats away on a 200-leaf balloon clover*

Wow, this brings back memories! When I was in year one, I think, I spent hours on end searching for for leaf clovers! xd.png The only one I ever found turned out to have a split leaf. (Well, I should know, seeing as I was the one who broke the leaf, as I was so desperate to have good luck! ) laugh.gif

I once checked out a library book and found a four-leaf clover pressed between the pages. I left it there for the next person to find as well.

The highest number of leafs ever found on a clover was 6. And then 4-leaf clovers many times in the past.

I don't have photos because here, where I live, 4-leaf clovers are not that big. We don't make a wish upon them, or keep them for anything.

I used to hunt for 4 leaf clovers on a hot summer days and in the spring at boarding school when I should have been studying. Finding them was never my strong point. I'd look and look and usually not spot one but then sometimes someone would come over and point out one in the same patch I'd been hunting. Go figure!

My sister and I have found four, five and at least one six leaf clovers in the clover patch outside our grandparents' house. I still have some of the fours and maybe a five leaf stored away in plastic wrap somewhere in my room, I think... Wonder if it's still around or crumbled away to nothing...

Anyways, my sister and I did find them frequently, but they were always something special to us. Maybe not in the form of wish-granting, but magical all the same. biggrin.gif

can you take a picture of on e of the 4 leafers?

Whoops this is like half a year late but sure! (Just going to post links because they're a bit big.)

https://24.media.tumblr.com/76fb3f1f8f57051...s1x64o1_250.jpg

https://24.media.tumblr.com/bdb8352ed5ecd21...s1x64o4_250.jpg

https://24.media.tumblr.com/712296e218b6f6e...s1x64o2_250.jpg

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f48f9756fb99899...s1x64o3_500.jpg - This one has 7 leaves biggrin.gif

Edited by St. Jimmy