Jazlindreal

Bronies

Bronies.. Yes or no?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those are all things that I would consider adult-oriented, though it depends on the anime

I has nothing to do with gender, are you that sterdotyped to think that little blue triangle thing under my name defines how I think? Just because I'm male means nothing, I'm a bit insulted that you seem to think it does

*pssst* River is an awesome Mum of a trans* kid. *Last* person you want to accuse of being locked into viewing people by gender stereotype.

It's also irritating for my son to be looked at wierd because he likes a "girly show". You don't like being dissed for liking "girly pants", my son doesn't like the stupid stereotype for Bronys.

You don't seem to understand you are being hypocritical here.

Again, it's no more weird for a guy to like MLP, than it is for that same guy to like any other Fantasy/Sci Fi show.

Edit: Thanks Tiki!! (blushes)

Edited by Riverwillows

Doesn't seem that mostly everyone has become a judgmental idiot nowadays?

I mean, COME ON, let us ,bronies and pegasisters alike, not be judged by what we like? I mean it's like people are becoming racist over a show some men, women, teenagers, and kids like to watch?

Edited by Jsward322

I don't think it's weird. I find it culturally unusual. I apologize if my wording was unclear, I have no social skills and sometimes people have trouble understanding me

And Tikindi, look at the quote at the top of the page. It seemed to me she was saying that my gender was affecting my opinion. Though due to the aforementioned social problems I may have misunderstood. In which case I hope you will both accept my apologies

Oh you try to talk to them without having them talk about MLP over 100 times trying to shove their obsession down your throat

Soulking, I can say the same thing about lots of other shows that have obsessive fans.....any fandom has that.

Oh you try to talk to them without having them talk about MLP over 100 times trying to shove their obsession down your throat

We've been having a lovely conversation right here with MLP fans, actually. Did you even read the other pages of the thread?

I have yet to meet someone like that. If I have I was probably too busy talking about Pokemon, I have yet to meet someone who can outtalk me

I have yet to meet someone like that. If I have I was probably too busy talking about Pokemon, I have yet to meet someone who can outtalk me

I usually find them on the Internet, especially at places like dA. In real life, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to talk, but usually, people don't walk up to strangers and start blabbering around MLP.

Read some of my posts. I'm a brony. I talk about other things. You are being incredibly judgmental right now by assuming every fan is the same. I'm not going to say anything else to you, cause I'd probably get a warning if I did. That's how mad and frustrated I am right now. dry.gif

That's the BAD bronies. They're also likely the people who throw a fit about MLP products being geared towards little children who enjoy what society views as "girly" things. And the people who shove little children out of the way and are obnoxious at events. And who fill searches for MLP with "clop fodder".

But, see, that's the loud obnoxious segment of the brony population. There's a lot of decent bronies. You just don't know it because they're not talking about MLP 24/7, or being jerks about it, or whatever. They're decent, rational people.

But hey--as was already pointed out, EVERY fandom will have that horrible segment that makes you want to punch them in the face. (And if you think you're fandom DOESN'T have that segment, your probably part of it! That, or it's an insanely tiny fandom.)

Edited by KageSora

Wow. Bunch of negativity here. My son is a Brony, did I mention he is 25 years old? Let me enlighten all of you judgmental hypocrites.

MLP is no different than any other fandom. It's got it's wierdos and it's "normals". Like other "fandom prone" shows, MLP has a pretty clear message about how everyone is a worthwhile person no matter what you are like, and that many Bronies find refreshing.

Classifying all Bronies as hairy, idiotic men with pedophilic leanings is incredibly mean-spirited. Most are men who are tired of the stereotype they must fall into of football playing, beer swilling neanderthals. MLP touches a part of them inside that society forces them to hide: the beauty of simple friendship and hope. Just for a little while, they can be innocent kids again, and believe in soft things like having friends, and fun.

And furries and those? Heck, you are going to get all levels from ANY fandom. MLP is a fantasy world where hope reigns. It's no different than Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, or any other fantasy show where people choose to work together and learn thru morality tales. Just because the show SAYS it is aimed at little girls, doesn't mean that no one else can't find something wonderful in the show to follow.

In fact, the show's creator, Lauren Faust, has even said it's great how many adults see in the show what she intended for it to be.

Any one who is a fan of any type of fantasy/sci fi show, who disses MLP fans if they aren't little girls, is a hypocrite. My son certainly is a very sweet, charming, and caring soul, and so are many of his friends who like the show. I went to a Brony Convention with him just recently, and most of the guys I saw there are the same.

As a kid in the 70's, loving Star Trek and Star Wars, I remember being viewed with the same amount of negativity. A wierdo.

100% agree.

why is this world so flippin' sexist?! It shouldn't matter what gender you are. If you like the show, great. Guys should be allowed to like whatever they want. Same goes for girls.

"It's just kinda weird". SERIOUSLY?!?! That just makes me so incredibly mad... I... I have no words... Some people really need to wake up. We live in a very, very diverse world and anyone who says that is obviously unaware of the world and stuck in their own little bubble sleep.gif

You have no idea how much I can agree with this.

Once again I'm going to say, I definitely did not intend for this thread to attack bronies. I was merely trying to get opinions on what people thought about them. I've only ever seen the "BAD" bronies around so I guess I may have assumed that all of them are like that. I apologize if that's how this thread came out to be. I think it is absolutely fine for ANYONE to like the show, I just don't like being attacked on other forums for not being a brony (By the bad ones). Also, I find it disgusting when I hear stories about people "playing with themselves" to the show...

I've seen the good and the bad of the whole My Little Pony thing. I personally am not interested in the show, but I think the ponies are really cute! My girlfriend likes the show as well.

I just wish this whole "Brony" thing wasn't even an issue at all. People can like whatever they want. I can explain more in-depth as to why I have no interest in the show, but there are also plenty of counter-arguments that someone could use to discuss it with me. No one should have to DEFEND themselves, though. It's not a debate. It's not a Brony vs. Non-Brony thing. It should just be a discussion-- a mature discussion.

And it is very true that every single fandom has its batch of bad eggs, and unfortunately it is always the bad eggs that are the loudest and most noticed-- even though they are definitely the minority of the fandom as a whole.

I personally don't mind bronies. I've seen some of the episodes and I have to say that's it's a pretty good show. It teaches good lessons and the main characters are actually very interesting with their own personality traits.

The fandom itself seems to be very kind and understanding for the most part. It's just occasionally that you'll get a few loud and obnoxious members that really have a way of ruining everything for everyone else. This fandom also produces some really well done drawings and music so they've earned my respect for that.

I wouldn't consider myself a pegasister though, because I don't contribute to the fandom at all, and I typically don't watch the show.

Another point to bring up is how I highly dislike the brony haters. I honestly don't understand why someone would just go out of there way to make a brony feel miserable for just liking something. It doesn't matter what gender or what age you are. If you like something, you're allowed to like it; even if you aren't in the target audience. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

I just went through the Welcome thread of a german brony forum, to get an impression, so to speak...lots of people there were strategy gaming metalheads *g*.

This much for stereotypes about metalfans and bronies *g*

Haha, speaking of metalheads who like MLP, a friend of mine is one of the biggest, brutalest thrashers ever and he once wore a MLP shirt to the pit as a joke. A bunch of dudes geeked out and were disappointed that he didn't actually watch the show. He never wore the shirt again.

Another point to bring up is how I highly dislike the brony haters. I honestly don't understand why someone would just go out of there way to make a brony feel miserable for just liking something. It doesn't matter what gender or what age you are. If you like something, you're allowed to like it; even if you aren't in the target audience. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Right on! I'm a fan of things most people would not think that a short little 14 year old girl would have no interest in, like D&D and metal. A lot of guys seem to hate that there's a girl who likes metal, acting all chauvinistic over it and all. Most people see what I'm into as something that a 40-something year old computer geek man is into. Same is with the bronies, just because they're outside the target audience doesn't mean that they should be completely hated for it. Sure, there are some creepy-butt fans, some crazy fans, and some really desperate fans who are just off, that sort of thing, but judging the whole fandom? Nah.

Haha, speaking of metalheads who like MLP, a friend of mine is one of the biggest, brutalest thrashers ever and he once wore a MLP shirt to the pit as a joke. A bunch of dudes geeked out and were disappointed that he didn't actually watch the show. He never wore the shirt again.

Right on! I'm a fan of things most people would not think that a short little 14 year old girl would have no interest in, like D&D and metal. A lot of guys seem to hate that there's a girl who likes metal, acting all chauvinistic over it and all. Most people see what I'm into as something that a 40-something year old computer geek man is into. Same is with the bronies, just because they're outside the target audience doesn't mean that they should be completely hated for it. Sure, there are some creepy-butt fans, some crazy fans, and some really desperate fans who are just off, that sort of thing, but judging the whole fandom? Nah.

I'm a 16 year old girl (or am I?? tongue.gif) who absolutely loves metal (Favorites= Slipknot, Tool, RZ, MM, Disturbed, Korn, Pantera). I often get judged and stereotyped because of it. Called Emo and Goth (I don't even wear black and I'm quite happy about my life lol). It's quite annoying :/..

I'm a 16 year old girl (or am I?? tongue.gif) who absolutely loves metal (Favorites= Slipknot, Tool, RZ, MM, Disturbed, Korn, Pantera). I often get judged and stereotyped because of it. Called Emo and Goth (I don't even wear black and I'm quite happy about my life lol). It's quite annoying :/..

Heh, I'm more into the obscure side of metal that gets us called Satanic (Burzum, Mayhem, Windir, Watain, Venom, and the well-known Slayer) and the frilly kind about dragons and wizards. It depends on my mood. hahah. I wear black (hard not to, all of the band shirts ever are black haha), people call me goth, but I don't really care. I listen to goth rock too so I guess one could consider me a bit of a goth. But in that case, I like to put safety pins in my $2 thriftstore jeans, so I'm obviously a punk. And I love the smell of patchouli, so now I'm a hippy! Hahah, I like a lot of things, each with their stupid stereotypes. I don't pay attention much to them, though. I don't give a crap what liking stuff makes me (A Satanic gothic metalhead punk with a dash of hippy, obviously.)

Anyway, way to stray offtopic haha.

They're all right, I guess. Just the rabid ones who flame you with their rage when you say 'The show's all right, I guess...' or 'I prefer -insert something here'.

And whenever someone makes a PMV (Picture Music Video back then) some rant that 'There aren't any ponies so it's not a PMV because PMV means Pony'. It always annoy me when they argue who best pony is.

My Little Pony is... not my kind of thing.

I don't mind fandoms, but I find the brony fandom very distasteful.

Most of the ones that I know are immature and the ones I broke off all contacts with was because they'd degenerated into the very definition of "Horse F@#kers". I don't mind people with fetishes, but this just takes it too far. The last sort that rustle my jimmies is the ones that put MLP everywhere they can, on their profile pic, their usernames, their statuses, their personal info, everywhere.

But then what do I expect, it's an internet fandom.

The internet has a way of turning anything on its head.