sparkle10184

Socks

Socks or no socks?

Matched or mismatched?

Colourful or plain?

Ankle, reguler, or knee-high?

Muuuur I love socks.

During the summer and spring, I wear (usually mismatched) ankle socks, usually colorful. During the fall and winter, I like to layer knee-highs with patterned stockings and skirts, keeps me warm and it looks nice.

Usually I prefer plain. But I'd love some random-patterned ones to wear to dance. Everyone does it. I used to love those really low ankle socks (they weren't no-shows) but now I just do those low ones. Some have those gray toes and heels, others have pink and others blue.

I have a love/hate relationship with socks. I don't like wearing socks and shoes most of the time because it feels weird (same reason I hate wearing makeup or having my hair up) but when I'm really cold it's amazing how much warmer you get by just putting on a pair of socks. And if I have to wear socks with shoes I need to have a certain kind/length or else they will keep falling and scrunching up and I need to keep constantly pulling them back up. I love toe socks too but I don't have a pair that fit me right. The pair I have is a little snug.

I always wear socks unless I'm sleeping buut otherwise all socks all the time

I have a bunch of different pairs but my favorite ones currently are these fuzzy ones that have black and white stripes and hot pink tips

... yeah.

I only like fuzzy ones I haaate those tight ones with the scratchy fabric

Edited by Switch

I think socks are great! Unfortunately I like the knee highs or thigh highs and have very muscular calves, so they never fit right. I can't stand wearing toe socks, but they are awesome to look at.

Socks; Can't stand shoes without socks.

Matched; Maybe OCD??

Colorful; Go big or go home.

Ankle; Others bother me.

Toesocks; Heck no!!

Edited by Jazlindreal

Does anyone else find those short socks that kind of stop in the middle of your ankle really annoying? Sorry I don't do a lot of sock shopping and I'm awful at terminology anyway. But yeah those socks I can't stand because they shift around when I walk, but I enjoy most other ones!! My feet get cold a lot so they help sometimes c:

I've never owned toe socks but I don't really understand why people hate them either.

I like socks, especially when they're warm and my feet are cold.

I love socks but it's mostly because I dislike bare feet. Blech

I have a lot of colorful ankle socks, but the majority is still plain white.

I love knee high and thigh high socks as well, but I rarely have excuses to wear them!

I love socks so much. Especially tall ones or fluffy ones; toe socks also do not bother me at all (toe shoes, however, scare me). I have quite a few interesting pairs of almost knee-high ones, with cool patterns. My favorite are daleks. cool.gif But being too self-conscious and nervous of attention, I really only wear them under jeans so no one sees. Maybe I'm just weird? lol

I tend to wear white socks knee-high, with 2 purple dots on them. Besides that, I like to wear ankle-high rainbow colored striped socks.

Plain white soaks, I just to have these Christmas themed ones that I loved and used to wear everywhere when I was younger <3

No socks, most of the time. I wear socks when the weather gets cold, under my boots. Usually they're plain, black, and mid-calf. I do wear socks at other times, and different kinds, but only occasionally.

Oh, and I pretty much hate shoes, too. I only wear them when I have to, like at work. Otherwise, I could just cheerfully go around barefoot, like a hobbit.

Edited by Jennie

Master has given Dobby a sock! Dobby is free!

...but in all seriousness. I don't really like knee-high socks because they're a pain to put on, but I have a load with penguins on and I don't know why. The short ones are best, I find~

xd.png SOOOOCKS! biggrin.gif

ALL socks. I <3 socks. wub.gif ankle socks, crew or sport length socks, knee socks or over the knee sock, slipper socks, toe socks, solid color or decorated. the only exceptions are plain white sport socks or those ones that barely cover your feet so it looks like you have no socks on when you put your shoes on. I have a ridiculous quantity of socks, at least one pair for every outfit in my wardrobe. It's a "thing" I guess.

Edited by sha_sha

I love wearing socks, especially when I have to wear shoes. wink.gif I usually wear solid color (most of them are tan) crew or turn cuff socks. They almost always match unless the color is so close to each other that I accidentally mix them up. xd.png

Knee highs, and in winter, if it's cold enough, I pull out the thigh-highs or tights. They do match, and I love different colors and patterns, as well as the basic solid colors. I really don't like short socks, they just don't feel right. I go barefoot inside, but really don't have an area to go barefoot safely outside. My chickens would probably want to test toes to see if they were a new food! xd.png

ETA a missing don't. rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I always wear ... pantyhose. It's because of the business casual I wear for work. But for the gym, it will be socks! Ankle high only. Although I try to avoid the ones that will slip halfway off my foot while I am running, lol.

And whatever I wear -- matching! Always matching!

Matching socks are overrated. Hehe. Well, for me it's mainly laziness... I don't bother to match up my socks when I put them in the drawer. Last year when I had to wear a uniform, I deliberately wore the most colorful and mismatched socks I could find, though only when I was wearing long pants, so it's not like anyone saw.