Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

@fuzzbucket Thanks for trying to look for it. Whoops on that code tho, this cold must be messing me up in more ways than one. XenF9 is the little one’s code. I’ll see if I can’t catch the lost little thing but I appreciate the help!

You can't catch it yourself; someone else has to first. Ruby Eyes is a whiz at that; you could ask her (she has caught two of mine for me over the last year !)

It won't show up for another day or so, though.

4 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Beldarius: Wow, you sure travelled a lot ! Were all the trips equally great, or did you have favourites ?

My favorite trip was my history class trip to the Baltic countries and Poland (our main destination was Auschwitz). It was the first time I'd been abroad without my parents and it was so cool - we were traveling in a two-decker bus, and each student had two seats so we could sleep if we wanted to (one day we sat in that bus for 13 hours nonstop). We saw the fire-breathing dragon statue in Krakow, went inside the old royal palace on Wawel Hill, touched the huge cathedral bell (there was some legend associated with it), ate genuine Krakowska outside at midnight (teacher treated us), took part in the March of the Living 2006 (the only Finnish class that year, plus one of the few non-Jewish), ate Jewish food in the Kazimierz district... in Lithuania, my friend and I debated about humanity and nature on the bank of the Neris River... met a live bat in the 9th Forte (a Lithuanian fortress). Our Estonian bus drivers got us lost in the middle of a Polish village - passed through the center of the village three times, and each time an amused old man on a bicycle started waving at us. And finally, at the Latvia-Estonia border, we started watching the truck drivers on the opposite lane. One of them was a Russian leaning on his truck's horn and yelling something from the window. One of my classmates hollered "He seems like the type of guy with a baseball bat under his seat!"... 10 seconds went by, and the dude got out of his car carrying one. XD I haven't experienced anything like that ever since.

Other trips that I remember well are London in 2008 (I was 20) - met a restaurant owner who looked like Charlie Chaplin and could walk like him. Went to Portobello Road market (which I hated because crowds)... my favorite things were the Charing Cross bookstores, Westminster Abbey and seeing Geoffrey Chaucer's tomb, driving on Tower Bridge, seeing unicyclists at Covent Garden (and the peacock installation), the crypt shop of St. Paul's Cathedral...

And Florence in 2013. The tour of Tuscany we took on the second-to-last day was spectacular - drove by bus through the Tuscan countryside, visiting Siena, Pisa (yes, I've seen the tower) and San Gimignano (medieval town with huge towers).

Oh, and Portugal for three reasons: a pirate ship cruise (where "pirates" took my dad below decks, out of every tourist on board), a bus trip through a cork wood forest to Sagres Point ("the cape at the end of the world") and a waterpark show with sea lions and humans playing pirates. ...I still hope to see a show like that again one day. Those sea lions were smart (one of them stole a map from another human's pocket, and then pulled a raft with his human "partner" on it across the water).

...Yikes, that's a lot of text.

I am also disgustingly well travelled, but not at such an early age. I'm 73 now, and took my time.

@Beldarius

Yep, it's a lot of text - and I really enjoyed reading it ! That's a great kaleidoscope of fascinating things and moments all over Europe. And it's exactly this kind of moments that make travelling so much fun, and that stay with us long after returning home.

@fuzzbucket

If you feel like sharing a few of your travelling impressions (I'm sure you could fill books if you wanted to), please feel free to do so any time ! :) Maybe keep it to the European part of your globetrotting, for thread topic's sake. ;)

@all:

This is a thread about travelling Europe, after all, no need for it to be only about travel reports.

Only this: If there is an open ticket offer it should be linked to or mentioned if more than one or two posts follow after it. We don't want our travel offers to get lost, right ?

That said:

15 hours ago, Winterspheonix said:

So I messed up and didnt realize I was egglocked when I bred Andorra pair..... So there's a wild ticket on the loose? XenF9 is the code, if anyone picks it up, congrats! ;v;

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

OK:

SO - I've been to

Norway/Oslo

Croatia/Zagreb and Dubrovnik

France/Paris

Czech Republic - in the days it was still Czechoslovakia/Prague

Finland/Helsinki - I am not 100% sure whether we've been to Sveaborg....

Estonia/Tallinn

Luxembourg/Luxembourg

Russia//but not to Moscow, only St Petersburg

Slovenia/Ljubljana

Poland/Warsaw

Italy/Rome

Germany/Berlin

Netherlands/ Amsterdam and also Den Haag

Spain/but not yet to Madrid, to Barcelona, Seville and others

Andorra/Andorra/but we only drove through....

Denmark/ Copenhagen

Vatican City  

Austria/Vienna

Switzerland/ Bern  and Zürich

England/London and many MANY other cities !

Hungary –Budapest

Belgium –Brussels and more

Sweden/ Stockholm

Liechtenstein/Vaduz

Ireland/Dublin

Portugal/but not Lisbon

Montenegro/ Podgorica

Wales/Cardiff

and several of the yet unclaimed as well....

We have an ancient VW camper and we drive all over with it.

Ohhhh i would love to drive around with a Camper!
My Uncle rented once or twice a 7 seater VW and we drove to italy, were we met another VW Minibus on the Highway and talked through written pages with the other drivers XD it was really fun, we even met at the next stop and ate together!

I have been to Sizilia as a Kid (Messina) in Sylt on the border to Denmark, in London with our class and to Rome and Paris with my Boyfriend. Oh and Prague and Hamburg too (but not Berlin!) My biggest trip was to Japan, but thats not for this topic here ;)

Fuzzbucket i saw your lineage today (tracked one of my latest eggs siblings!) and its amazing!   

I WILL get to 8th gen if it kills me !

I love to travel. The Asia thread has some of my stuff too. Budapest was for our 50th wedding anniversary.

That's awesome, not to mention where you've been! You've must've seen quite a bit! ;v; Also that is super awesome going to Bedapest for your anniversary!

It wasn't going to be there (not that we had ever been) but we had this Hungarian thing we were doing for choir, and I wanted to hear it so I googled and a youtube clip clinched it.

HAD to go after that. (How do I make that SMALLER ?)

Edited by fuzzbucket

That reminds me, I never really listed the actual cities I've been to.

Cyprus: Paphos

Denmark: Copenhagen, Billund (Legoland tour)

Estonia: Tallinn, Pärnu

Finland: Helsinki, Tampere, Turku, Naantali, Porvoo, Varkaus, Pielavesi, Ähtäri, Ranua, Kittilä (Levi), Sotkamo, Kuusamo, Nurmijärvi, Hyvinkää, Mäntsälä, Vaasa, Joensuu, Vantaa, Espoo, etc. Lots of places I can't even remember.

Greece: Rhodes

Germany: Lübeck

Italy: Florence, Terracina, Siena (tour), Pisa (tour), San Gimignano (tour), Rome (tour), Naples (tour), Pompeii (tour)

Latvia: Riga

Lithuania: Vilnius, Kaunas (tour)

Poland: Krakow, Lublin, concentration camps (Majdanek, Treblinka, Auschwitz-Birkenau)

Portugal: Praia da Rocha, Sagres (tour)

Russia: St. Petersburg

Spain: Mallorca

Sweden: Stockholm, Visby, Kolmården Zoo

Turkey: Alanya

UK: London

Vatican: St. Peter's Basilica (tour)

I've probably forgotten a few places since I was a kid in countries like Cyprus (10), Denmark (4), Greece (2), Spain (6) and Turkey (8).

That's awesome!

So I got the little bugger back, and I think I'm going to keep it because oh my did it cause me trouble (not to mention first auto AP ever) I think I'm going to call it something based on Tourism?

Either way, Andorra hopefully will be getting tickets done soon!

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Beldarius, Lantean_Pegasus

Cities travelled: Heraklion, (ticket to Torshavn will be given as soon as a flight is available)

@Winterspheonix

Glad to hear that the little one returned safe and sound from its great journey. :)

Hm. You've been to Zagreb and Oslo, I think ?

Helsinki Airports are closed this week due to heavy snow storms. ;)

I’m interested in joining, is the passport the only thing l need to fill out in order to be approved? And do l need to have a pair of dragons named and a 2nd gen bred prior to trying to join? Sorry if these were already answered somewhere, I tend to like overthinking even the simplest of things:rolleyes:

@Mak0

All you need to do to join is filling out a passport with a city and dragon breed that are open for choosing and that you like. :) Open capitals are: Chisinau, Podgorica, Tirana. The list for the breeds already in the project (and a link to a list of those that are still free) is here.

You can get the caveborns after that (of course you should actually get to that soon, not waiting weeks to even start collecting them), and you don't have to breed a 2nd gen for yourself at all (that's just in the passport because most people prefer to have a "souvenir" from their own city anyway, and it's a nice way of showing off your pair).

As soon as you have a pair and they give you an offspring that you don't need for yourself (many people keep the "firstborn, but again, that's not a must) you can offer it for exchange and start travelling.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them here in the thread, or PM me.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@Lantean_Pegasus

Okay thanks! I have a CB pair already in mind for a city. I’ll start filling out the form and I’ll have to breed them and made sure they like each other. Now that I understand the 2nd gen firstborn concept, I’ll end up most likely keeping it:)

@Mak0

Sounds like a plan ! :) I edited my post with the open capitals and the link to the breed lists while you were reading/writing, so I hope you still saw them. ;)

@Lantean_Pegasus

I saw them before, I even did a little research prior too so there’s some relation between the city and dragons I chose. Thank you, though! Made it easy to go back and double check availability of everything:)

@Mak0

Perfect ! :) I'm looking forward to discovering which city you'll open for us, and what your choice of dragons will be ! Will have to wait until tomorrow to do that, though, it's getting late over here.