Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Offered Zagreb. Would you please make the necessary post if you accept as my tablet is a nightmare!

@fuzzbucket sure and thank you for your ticket to zagreb :D

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Mow, Fuzzbucket

Capitals travelled: Helsinki, Zagreb

Not that I expect anyone to travel right now, with all those low flying Holiday-eggs around, but I just wanted to post quickly to make sure people know I am indeed still active.  :)

Fudgenugget, I should follow this topic now that it's a feature.

I've updated the list of available breeds again. https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/155149-travel-through-europe/?do=findComment&comment=7894692 I decided to keep Lunar Heralds etc. as one breed since they look the same despite the color change, but made every Zyu, Xeno and Fire Gem their own "breed" since they all look different. Let me know if you want them to be kept as single breeds (though since the red Zyu is used as a representative, the "single breed" rule would invalidate the other Zyus).

PS. If anyone needs a 2G from Nicosia (Pink) or Torshavn (Teimarr), let me know and I'll get you one.

Thank you for bringing the list up to date, Beldarius !

I sent a PM with some minor changes.

Xenos and Fire Gems will have to be "one pair only", though. Each variant of them can breed all the others, so a 2nd gen wouldn't be specific for a given city if we had more than one CB pair in the project.

As far as I know Zyus breed true, so each variant can represent a city. (If anyone knows of Zyus not breeding true, please let me know !)

Done with the suggested updates! I'll try to update the list when the next new breeds are released.

@Mow

I offered a ticket to Paris. Take a stroll along the Seine, look down from the Eiffel tower on the illuminated beauty of France's capital, and when you get cold enjoy a plethora of delicacies in a charming, warm café, bistro, or restaurant.

1 minute ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Mow

I offered a ticket to Paris. Take a stroll along the Seine, look down from the Eiffel tower on the illuminated beauty of France's capital, and when you get cold enjoy a plethora of delicacies in a charming, warm café, bistro, or restaurant.

Lovely <3

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Mow, Lantean_Pegasus

Capitals travelled: Helsinki, Paris

So I messed up and didnt realize I was egglocked when I bred Andorra pair..... So there's a wild ticket on the loose? wIvi8 is the code, if anyone picks it up, congrats! ;v;

Finally updated my passport. Now I've added a list of cities I'm missing, to make it easier for everybody to check. XD

Of course, I'll always offer free tickets to people who want them. I bred Nicosia and Torshavn today - only Nicosia made a ticket (which went to Mow).

EDIT: I'm kind of amused that the cities I've travelled include half of the actual countries I've been to. Cyprus, Estonia, Finland (home), Germany, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Spain and Vatican. Still missing Denmark, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey and the UK. Travelled to all of them by the time I turned 20, so it was nearly one country per year (plus several extra trips to Sweden and Estonia, and one more to Italy).

Edited by Beldarius

@Mow: Merci ! Enjoy Paris !

@Winterspheonix: A wild ticket. Sounds like the 1st prize of a lottery. I hope the little one is found !

@Beldarius: Wow, you sure travelled a lot ! Were all the trips equally great, or did you have favourites ?

@Beldarius thanks again for the free ride 😁 i was wondering how i should report this trip? It's now safely on my scroll with the one from Paris :D

@Mow

I'll report it for you. ;)

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Mow, Beldarius

Capitals travelled: Nicosia, - (ticket to Helsinki will be given out as soon as possible) or (no ticket needed in return)

I'm not entirely sure if Beldarius wants to go to see more of Helsinki, but I hope so.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

13 hours ago, Winterspheonix said:

So I messed up and didnt realize I was egglocked when I bred Andorra pair..... So there's a wild ticket on the loose? wIvi8 is the code, if anyone picks it up, congrats! ;v;

That's actually the code of the mother... Just saying. (I went for it to go hunt and she popped up....) The egg is still in the AP, though. XenF9

@fuzzbucket Thanks for trying to look for it. Whoops on that code tho, this cold must be messing me up in more ways than one. XenF9 is the little one’s code. I’ll see if I can’t catch the lost little thing but I appreciate the help!

You can't catch it yourself; someone else has to first. Ruby Eyes is a whiz at that; you could ask her (she has caught two of mine for me over the last year !)

It won't show up for another day or so, though.

4 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Beldarius: Wow, you sure travelled a lot ! Were all the trips equally great, or did you have favourites ?

My favorite trip was my history class trip to the Baltic countries and Poland (our main destination was Auschwitz). It was the first time I'd been abroad without my parents and it was so cool - we were traveling in a two-decker bus, and each student had two seats so we could sleep if we wanted to (one day we sat in that bus for 13 hours nonstop). We saw the fire-breathing dragon statue in Krakow, went inside the old royal palace on Wawel Hill, touched the huge cathedral bell (there was some legend associated with it), ate genuine Krakowska outside at midnight (teacher treated us), took part in the March of the Living 2006 (the only Finnish class that year, plus one of the few non-Jewish), ate Jewish food in the Kazimierz district... in Lithuania, my friend and I debated about humanity and nature on the bank of the Neris River... met a live bat in the 9th Forte (a Lithuanian fortress). Our Estonian bus drivers got us lost in the middle of a Polish village - passed through the center of the village three times, and each time an amused old man on a bicycle started waving at us. And finally, at the Latvia-Estonia border, we started watching the truck drivers on the opposite lane. One of them was a Russian leaning on his truck's horn and yelling something from the window. One of my classmates hollered "He seems like the type of guy with a baseball bat under his seat!"... 10 seconds went by, and the dude got out of his car carrying one. XD I haven't experienced anything like that ever since.

Other trips that I remember well are London in 2008 (I was 20) - met a restaurant owner who looked like Charlie Chaplin and could walk like him. Went to Portobello Road market (which I hated because crowds)... my favorite things were the Charing Cross bookstores, Westminster Abbey and seeing Geoffrey Chaucer's tomb, driving on Tower Bridge, seeing unicyclists at Covent Garden (and the peacock installation), the crypt shop of St. Paul's Cathedral...

And Florence in 2013. The tour of Tuscany we took on the second-to-last day was spectacular - drove by bus through the Tuscan countryside, visiting Siena, Pisa (yes, I've seen the tower) and San Gimignano (medieval town with huge towers).

Oh, and Portugal for three reasons: a pirate ship cruise (where "pirates" took my dad below decks, out of every tourist on board), a bus trip through a cork wood forest to Sagres Point ("the cape at the end of the world") and a waterpark show with sea lions and humans playing pirates. ...I still hope to see a show like that again one day. Those sea lions were smart (one of them stole a map from another human's pocket, and then pulled a raft with his human "partner" on it across the water).

...Yikes, that's a lot of text.

I am also disgustingly well travelled, but not at such an early age. I'm 73 now, and took my time.

@Beldarius

Yep, it's a lot of text - and I really enjoyed reading it ! That's a great kaleidoscope of fascinating things and moments all over Europe. And it's exactly this kind of moments that make travelling so much fun, and that stay with us long after returning home.

@fuzzbucket

If you feel like sharing a few of your travelling impressions (I'm sure you could fill books if you wanted to), please feel free to do so any time ! :) Maybe keep it to the European part of your globetrotting, for thread topic's sake. ;)

@all:

This is a thread about travelling Europe, after all, no need for it to be only about travel reports.

Only this: If there is an open ticket offer it should be linked to or mentioned if more than one or two posts follow after it. We don't want our travel offers to get lost, right ?

That said:

15 hours ago, Winterspheonix said:

So I messed up and didnt realize I was egglocked when I bred Andorra pair..... So there's a wild ticket on the loose? XenF9 is the code, if anyone picks it up, congrats! ;v;

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

OK:

SO - I've been to

Norway/Oslo

Croatia/Zagreb and Dubrovnik

France/Paris

Czech Republic - in the days it was still Czechoslovakia/Prague

Finland/Helsinki - I am not 100% sure whether we've been to Sveaborg....

Estonia/Tallinn

Luxembourg/Luxembourg

Russia//but not to Moscow, only St Petersburg

Slovenia/Ljubljana

Poland/Warsaw

Italy/Rome

Germany/Berlin

Netherlands/ Amsterdam and also Den Haag

Spain/but not yet to Madrid, to Barcelona, Seville and others

Andorra/Andorra/but we only drove through....

Denmark/ Copenhagen

Vatican City  

Austria/Vienna

Switzerland/ Bern  and Zürich

England/London and many MANY other cities !

Hungary –Budapest

Belgium –Brussels and more

Sweden/ Stockholm

Liechtenstein/Vaduz

Ireland/Dublin

Portugal/but not Lisbon

Montenegro/ Podgorica

Wales/Cardiff

and several of the yet unclaimed as well....

We have an ancient VW camper and we drive all over with it.