Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

@Faerie_fyre:

It sure looks like you can. cool.gif

How about a visit to Paris ? Climb the Eiffel tower (or take the elevator), roam the Louvre, enjoy some real French baguettes and the relaxed bustling of the city. (Yepp, they manage to have both in one.) If the weather gets too hot, take a break in the Jardin du Luxembourg - it's a fantastic place to relax.

If you are interested - I offered a ticket.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

*sigh* I have always wanted to go to Paris. The sights, the sounds, the inappropriately timed musical numbers. So many colors and sounds, so many changing moods~

Thank you for the ticket, and thank you for traveling with Amsterdam United!

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Faerie_fyre, Lantean_Pegasus

Capitals travelled: Amsterdam, Paris

Updated the available breeds list with the Aeon Wyvern, Almerald, Dark Lumina and Kingcrowne.

PM me if you're missing a ticket to Nicosia or Torshavn. The blue line in my sig still applies, though I can get you one for free if you want~ (Also, if you already have/had a ticket, I don't mind giving you a second one.)

Edited by Beldarius

Is actually anyone still breeding for this project or is it official dead? sad.gif

All those cities I need are either inactive or still on the Reserved List, but I can breed Vienna and Bratislava anytime. wink.gif

Is actually anyone still breeding for this project or is it official dead? sad.gif

All those cities I need are either inactive or still on the Reserved List, but I can breed Vienna and Bratislava anytime. wink.gif

It's all very sad. No-one seems to be doing anything. I'm in the same place you are - and I SO wanted to get to HUGE gen.

I will breed Oslo and Zagreb, too.

I am willing to breed for Nuuk if anyone wants. I have no clue why it says inactive next to my name (or maybe that is next to the old person that had Nuuk before me). I am still around.

I am willing to breed for Nuuk if anyone wants. I have no clue why it says inactive next to my name (or maybe that is next to the old person that had Nuuk before me). I am still around.

There was an activity check; maybe you didn't answer ? I know I ran one for Asia and some surprising people didn't respond.

ETA actually no - it shows your predecessor as inactive, not Nuuk. smile.gif)

Edited by fuzzbucket

is ANYONE still active here ? I could SO use a few more cities...

Passport

* Capital: Bucharest

* Dragons: Moonstone

* Native 2nd gen: None Yet

* Last bred: -

* Thread, PM or both: Either is fine, discord is better (AzureRikkai#4397)

* Already traveledNone yet

* Would like another visit: None yet

* Regular online time(s): Varies

I've been but will breed Zagreb and Oslo for you whenever is convenient :)

Attention, please !

In light of the low activity, and the few new members we got over the last... well, quite some time, I've been thinking about a slight change to the project. Regarding cities that have gone inactive, and their conditions of reactivation.

So far, when a city falls inactive, a new owner has to keep the dragons that it started with.

That rule was implemented when the project was still very busy, and new memberships were quite frequent. It was supposed to keep cities recognisable, so their dragons wouldn't be changed over and over. And it was done to help the collectors to keep track of their cities already visited.

But.

Now that all cities were occupied at least once at one point in the project, and activity has dwindled, potential new members find themselves with a very limited choice. And there have been tons of new dragons, some of which might fit the representation of some existing city perfectly, but won't ever be used because the breed for it was already determined. And the collectors hoping to get to a certain goal of generation in lineages are hampered by the fact that they either have already visited a specific place, or it stays inactive.

So, new approach:

Cities that are active keep their designated dragon breed as long as they are active.

Breeds that were once chosen to represent a city (and did that by producing offspring to some scroll other than their owner's) will stay tied to that city forever, they keep barred from future choices.

So far, so old. New:

If a city falls inactive, and is chosen by a player to reactivate and represent it, that player can assign a new breed of dragon to it, from the list of breeds still open for choosing. (Of course they can still keep the old breed instead, if they like.)

Cities change. If you visit a city several times, you will (or at least can) always find new interesting aspects about it. Most cities have more than one defining thing to see and know. So one city can be represented by different breeds of dragon.

New players will have more freedom to give their city a more personal note, not having to take up the ideas of their predecessors. Old players will have reason to re-visit cities they have already been to. Breeders will get further with their lineages. The project will get more interesting things to see about its cities. (Because there still should be a reason named why the new breed matches the city.)

Downside: People who like to complete things will have a hard time doing it, because once a city falls inactive it could come back with a new dragon, and they have to travel again.

But then, that keeps the project alive. And so far completion has been out of reach anyway, for cities still needed never getting activated. And new players will have a lot more fun not just hearing "been there already, but here, have a dragon anyway".

So, I think to keep the project alive (or revive it a bit), this is the logical next step.

I'll wait for responses until the weekend, and then (probably, if I don't get a storm of protests from most of the active players) implement  the change.

Happy travelling !

Lantean Pegasus

Sounds OK to me. ANYTHING that will get me that one more city I need to get to 8th gen. :)

I had a few issues with my "the forget your password" deal but, i finally got it to work for my laptop. so I'll be active again c:

edit;; forgive me if I promised anybody eggs before I was inactive, PM me I owe you any. 

Edited by Warriorchick2000

I wish I hadn't already been to Minsk. Are you ready for a second city yet, she said hopefully...

ETA Oh. Wait. I have also been to Pristina :lol: ..

I need someone to take over Edinburgh; BringstheSnow has owed me an egg for YEARS (literally.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

The change of rules is implemented, and the lists were adjusted accordingly. If I missed something, or the rules need to be clarified, please let me know !

Since my browser is acting up a bit I'll update the map with cities and their hosts on another day.

I've been. But do you need to go to Zagreb or Oslo ?

Passport:

OutlawQueen

Capital: Belgrade

Dragons: Zyumorph (Red) (Cassiopeia of Belgrade x Orion of Belgrade)

Native 2nd gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/IrPD8

Last bred: April 25th, 2018

Reserved: -

Second City: Marseilles

Dragons: Script Dragon (Agathe of Marseille x Amaury of Marseille)

Native 2nd gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/6yvyi

Last bred: April 25th, 2018

Reserved: -

Contact (Thread, PM or both): Both, though PM is very effective.

Already travelled:

1. Belgrade

2. Oslo

3. Paris

4. Vienna

5. San Marino

6. Monaco

7. Helsinki

8. Ankara

9. Podgorica 

10. Minsk

11. Marseilles

12. Heraklion 

13. Stockholm

14. Athens

15. Valletta

16. Sofia

17. Rome

18. Zagreb

19. Prague

20. Saint Petersburg

21. London

22. Bucharest

Generation Travels:

Currently working on getting a 6th gen traveller:

5th gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/PM21X (Oslo, Belgrade, San Marino, Vienna, Monaco, Paris, Minsk, Podgorica)

Mate progress: 

4th gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hfOjb (Ankara, Heraklion, Marseilles, Helskini) Mate: None

Would like another visit: N/A - would like to go to cities I haven't been. I'll repeat cities for new breeds though.

Regular online time(s): Random, short bursts during the day EST, whenever I can find the time.

Edited by OutlawQueen

FANTASTIC ! I can offer you tickets to Oslo and to Zagreb - I've been to Belgrade, but hurry and get Marseilles. PM Lantean Pegasus to reserve - then you can take it up when you've been to 10 capitals including your own.. And then you can give me a ticket and I can get to 8th gen (I think...)

Tell me when you're ready to travel :)

No wait - I have now bred both. You can have them whenever you want :)

I'm so excited - I almost gave up hope !

Hello and welcome, OutlawQueen !

It's great to see another traveller in our company - may the winds always be fair, the streets open, and the planes on schedule.

I added you to the lists.

Actually, when the rules were changed a short time ago, to allow for a new choice of breed for cities that already had one, the option to reserve a second city in advance wasn't included any longer. (It was originally there to make up for the lack of choice of breed for the first city.)

But since you are our first new member after the change I'll reserve Marseille and the Scripts for you. (added that to the lists as well)

I'm looking forward to visiting Belgrade again, and hope to see you in Paris (or Heraclion) soon.

@fuzzbucket:

If you are eager to make another trip, why not visit Belgrade again ? There are many new things to be discovered (including a new breed of representing dragons), and it is already available. ;)