Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Voted too smile.gif

and

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Iside, TempestSea

Capitals travelled: Vatican City, Rome

Edited by Iside

Since noone opposed my pre-hosting-participation, I voted, too.

You may see this as my sign-up to this project, just with no host-city chosen yet. wink.gif

Voted.

Voted and Monaco is available offered to brussels

Edited by TempestSea

Voted

Also, have a ticket avaible for Tirana: Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

Check my passport to check the cities I've been to (being reallybusy with college and stuff to check myself, sorry).

Offered a trip to Moscow in exchange!

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved:Timpieh, Tempestsea

Capitals travelled:Brussels, Monaco

Sorry for accepting this so late. Kindof forgot that I had posted new egg tongue.gif.

I am obsessive.

I am into capital cities FIRST.

My lineage groweth apace (though every time I do ANYTHING with ANYTHING from Skopje I start with refusals and have to rejig... mad.gif)

What do others think about the inactive ones:

Lisbon, Minsk, Reykjavik and Sofia.

Should new people /people taking second cities "have to" take one of them before any new cities are assigned ? I for one would prefer it that way, but what do others feel ?

Should new people /people taking second cities "have to" take one of them before any new cities are assigned ? I for one would prefer it that way, but what do others feel ?

Well, my opinion is that a pm is sent giving the members a final date to get here or lose their place.

My personal gripe - for three damn weeks my flamingos have refused to produce an egg - three %$£^$*+ weeks!

You'll all have been round the world twice before I have to worry about absent players at this rate. mad.gifmad.gif

I am obsessive.

I am into capital cities FIRST.

My lineage groweth apace (though every time I do ANYTHING with ANYTHING from Skopje I start with refusals and have to rejig... mad.gif)

As second / additional cities yes, taking inactive cities first would in my opinion be a good option.

But speaking for myself as a new member: I want to add a specific new breed, and can't do that when taking up an inactive city. So I'd like to be able to actually bring myself into the project first, before taking up someone else's interpretation.

Older members had ages to collect enough cities to take up additional hostings at their own pace, and they were allowed to add their own choices / favorites to their original host cities, so I'd think it's only fair if new members are allowed the same freedom?

As second / additional cities yes, taking inactive cities first would in my opinion be a good option.

But speaking for myself as a new member: I want to add a specific new breed, and can't do that when taking up an inactive city. So I'd like to be able to actually bring myself into the project first, before taking up someone else's interpretation.

Older members had ages to collect enough cities to take up additional hostings at their own pace, and they were allowed to add their own choices / favorites to their original host cities, so I'd think it's only fair if new members are allowed the same freedom?

I do feel for you - but also for people who have been building their collection for AGES and are now let down and basically stymied by not being able to complete their lineages. We also have problems which puts a sudden end to months of work. Two sides to everything. I'd take a third capital from the inactive list, but as an OLDER member I'm not allowed (and fair enough.)

New people can always start a new breed when you've been to 10 capitals and I will breed you two RIGHT NOW if you like ! It's tough on both sides....

I do feel for you - but also for people who have been building their collection for AGES and are now let down and basically stymied by not being able to complete their lineages. We also have problems which puts a sudden end to months of work. Two sides to everything. I'd take a third capital from the inactive list, but as an OLDER member I'm not allowed (and fair enough.)

New people can always start a new breed when you've been to 10 capitals and I will breed you two RIGHT NOW if you like ! It's tough on both sides....

But you can only start a new breed when a free city and the breed is available.

And that's my problem: by the time I have visited 10 cities, only able to offer a city some others might already have visited, the city and / or breed I'd like to host will be taken by somebody else.

It's nice of you to offer to breed for me beforehand, but as far as I understood, whe have to swap in a timely manner. So I cannot just pick an old city and grab 10 eggs and pick another one straight away, I have to swap eggs for 10 weeks before that would be possible. Otherwise I'd blow the purpose of this project out of the window. Unless I got it all wrong, of course. If it's possible to take on 10 eggs right away and have a list for city 1 (and / or city 2) eggs that long, then I am game.

If it helps: my plan is to host [mystery to-be-chosen-city I have an eye on because I love it, and my breed and what it represents for me are a perfect match] and then asap one of the inactive ones (also have an eye on a specific one already, even began assembling the breeding pair). I can understand that your goal is very important to you, but so is mine to me. sad.gif

If I get to follow my plan, I can realize my goal now and yours with a delay. If I have to follow your plan, I see the risk that I might never be able to realize my goal.

You'd have to ask Lantean (Da BOSS !) - but certainly people like me and Altiron have given one-way eggs to people who have nothing more to trade (usually players with only one city - where we both have two.) You could also ask to earmark a new city, I guess...

Assuming that the city you want to host is one that is chosen when the new cities are added. Have you looked at the ones listed - I don't think anyone but existing Europe players gets to vote. (Actually Lantean - that's an interesting point... ruling, please ? Can anyone on this forum vote even if they aren't a part of the project ? Tricky call...)

If I were in your place, if you think your city will be chosen, I'd join QUICKLY, as the new cities won't be here for a little while, and work your butt off getting to 10 in time to grab a new city the second they are added biggrin.gif

Or ask Lantean to hold it for you ? Most people who would be entitled to another already have one, and this thread doesn't often get new members - I had to DRAG Malta in biggrin.gif.

You'd have to ask Lantean (Da BOSS !) - but certainly people like me and Altiron have given one-way eggs to people who have nothing more to trade (usually players with only one city - where we both have two.) You could also ask to earmark a new city, I guess... 

Assuming that the city you want to host is one that is chosen when the new cities are added. Have you looked at the ones listed - I don't think anyone but existing Europe players gets to vote. (Actually Lantean - that's an interesting point... ruling, please ? Can anyone on this forum vote even if they aren't a part of the project ? Tricky call...)

If I were in your place, if you think your city will be chosen, I'd join QUICKLY, as the new cities won't be here for a little while, and work your butt off getting to 10 in time to grab a new city the second they are added biggrin.gif

Or ask Lantean to hold it for you ? Most people who would be entitled to another already have one, and this thread doesn't often get new members - I had to DRAG Malta in biggrin.gif.

I talked to Lantean Pegasus asking about a new breed and was told to wait for the new city selection and then pick one of the selected cities. It was about a week before the selection process started.

I was also allowed to participate in the selection process if there was no majority of project-members opposed to it, so I asked every time I posted if there's opposition to me chiming in already and so far received none. I am basically already signed up, just without a hosted city yet.

The city I have an eye on is doing good in the poll so far, so I am positive. smile.gif

Edited by Shroomlet