Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Offered my first ticket to Helsinki.

(Once the egg I gifted on departures thread is taken I should be free, right now I'm scroll locked. Should be ok in a minute, I left a new egg.....)

Accepted! Enjoy your trip. smile.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved:Pavasaris, DragonLauren

Capitals travelled:Bucharest, Helinski

As for polls: Could this be a solution for the complex poll needed to add new cities?

@Altiron:

Thank you for the link. I'll check it out as soon as I'm up to it.

@topic:

I'll get to the hunt for the new cities before the week is over, I promise !

Brilliant! I just bred an egg while scroll locked!

Looks like no Madrid egg this week. I'm such an idiot!

Maybe Ystad, Sweden, for those who follow Wallander (ME ME ME ME !) And it is a lovely place, too !

Or Lund - very old and respected University city.

New Cities - here we come !!

Thank you, everyone, for all the input, the suggestions and ideas. With all that I hope that everyone now has a solid basis for their choice when we go ahead to select our 15 additional cities. smile.gif

As I said earlier, we'll set aside two spots - Edinburgh and Pristina will be added either way.

I'll edit the News post later (have to go now), but you can find all the details for the suggestions, the choices and the votes here !

Hi everyone and sorry for just dropping in like this.

I am not yet a member but would like to be a host of one of the new cities being up for selection in the coming weeks - I'd revive one of the inactive territories, but I'd really love to add my favorite cave-breed, the Blusangs, to the mix.

So if the current travellers don't mind, I'd very much like to chime in on the selection progress.

Here are my suggestions for new cities:

1st: The Hague - Netherlands.

Reason (from here): "The city of The Hague contributes substantially to international politics: The Hague is home to over 150 international organisations. These include the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the International Criminal Court (ICC), the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), and the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR). The Hague is the fourth major centre for the United Nations, after New York, Geneva and Vienna. In line with the city's history as an important convention center and the current presence of institutions such as the ICJ, The Hague's city council employs a city branding strategy that aims to establish The Hague as the Legal Capital of the World and the International City of Peace and Justice."

2nd: Frankfurt - Germany.

Reason (from here): "Since the enlargement of the European Union in 2013, the geographic centre of the EU is about 40 km (25 mi) east of Frankfurt.

Due to its central location within Germany and Europe, Frankfurt is a major air, rail and highway transport hub. Frankfurt Airport is one of the world's busiest international airports by passenger traffic and the main hub for Germany's flag carrier Lufthansa, the largest airline in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station is one of the largest terminal stations in Europe and the busiest junction operated by Deutsche Bahn, the German national railway company, with 342 daily trains to domestic and European destinations. Frankfurter Kreuz, the Autobahn interchange close to the airport, is the most heavily used interchange in the EU with approximately 320,000 cars daily."

3rd to 5th:

Three of these:

Yerevan - Armenia

Baku - Azerbaijan

Tbilisi - Georgia

Astana - Kazakhstan

Reason: They are European capitals not yet included in the project. All are partially European territories, like Turkey. I just thought the other two cities very important, too, and more complicated to reason for, so I leave these four up for discussion / suggestion by others. I tried to decide which of them to leave out of my post, as we are only supposed to list 5, but the choice is one too tough for me to make.

If the majority doesn't like me participating as of yet, then please just disregard my suggestions.

Offered a Skopje egg  smile.gif

I've actually already been to Skopje, but it's a wonderful city so I may as well visit again :3

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, Lokiphantom

Capitals travelled: Chisinau, Dublin

Edited by StarLaDragon

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: LumosSeeker148, quinney

Capitals travelled: Vilnius, Valletta

(Trip to Malta will commence when ticket is received smile.gif )

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I've actually already been to Skopje, but it's a wonderful city so I may as well visit again :3

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, Lokiphantom

Capitals travelled: Chisinau, Skopje

Ah sorry, I dunno how I missed that blink.gif I'd have offered you a Dublin egg (when I get one) if I'd known

Edited by Lokiphantom

Ah sorry, I dunno how I missed that blink.gif I'd have offered you a Dublin egg (when I get one) if I'd known

It's fine, don't worry about it :3

(If you want the Skopje egg back and then give me a Dublin egg when they're ready I'm fine with that too)

It's fine, don't worry about it :3

(If you want the Skopje egg back and then give me a Dublin egg when they're ready I'm fine with that too)

Up to you, I don't mind either way smile.gif

Up to you, I don't mind either way  smile.gif

I honestly don't really mind much either :3

But I would prefer the Dublin option if it's not too much trouble unsure.gif

I would second Lund simply on the grounds that I've been there and can confirm it's a nice place!

I would also second Munich, Germany or alternatively Dresden. Both are cities of reasonable size and historical interest. But then I could suggest many German cities......there are so many....

I'd prefer Dresden, as that gives one from the old DDR.

I am up to breed Zagreb and Oslo - any takers ?

(I'd have LOVED Chisinau... sad.gif and I also need Dublin.)

Update

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: fuzzbucket, Cendaquenta

Capitals travelled: Stockholm, Zagreb - the Stockholm planes are back in the air; Cendaquenta went to Zagreb already. smile.gif

I'd prefer Dresden, as that gives one from the old DDR.

Well, since we already have Berlin, which is completely located within ex-GDR territory and was partially GDR, I'd think East/West shouldn't be a major factor for or against any particular other German city?

Not that I mind Dresden at all, it's a beautiful city and definitely worth a visit. tongue.gif (I live there, so I should know. tongue.gif) But I don't think I can be very impartial about what German city would be interesting to a foreign visitor...

Will think some more before making nominations.

Edited by Lastalda

I can hold the next Chisinau egg for you if you would like :3

I can hold the next Chisinau egg for you if you would like :3

OOOOH yes please. Would you like Oslo or Zagreb ? Will away to breed.

(ETA Ticket to Zagreb parcelled up in a PM !)

You've been to Oslo (that was silly of me to breed it) so - anyone for Oslo ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

By the way - about PM offers - I assume it IS OK to PM more than one person when trying to secure a ticket. Because I just have done !

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, fuzzbucket

Capitals travelled: Chisinau, Zagreb

Return ticket to Chisinau will follow next week.

I honestly don't really mind much either :3

But I would prefer the Dublin option if it's not too much trouble  unsure.gif

Okay, I have a Dublin egg Here if you wanna trade back the Skopje egg.

Perhaps we could do a trade when I get the next Dublin egg? I could use a Zagreb one smile.gif

Okay, I have a Dublin egg Here if you wanna trade back the Skopje egg.

Offered the Skopje egg (sorry for the inconvenience)

I'll edit the post with the travelling part from Skopje to Dublin