Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

I'd like to go, but you've been to Skopje already..shall i offer a random egg or ?

If no-one takes it soon with somewhere I've not been, we'll talk smile.gif

About new cities...

Wow, this topic is really bubbling quite lively ! cool.gif

I thought maybe we try it this way:

1. Every member that likes to do so gets to suggest a number of cities, that have to be from different countries of Europe. (I'd start with three or four cities per person, if that proves to be too little we can still up the number.)

The cities can be chosen following different criteria, but there should at least be a short explanation why you think they are worth travelling to.

Different people may nominate the same citie(s), this stage is only about what you like personally.

2. I create a poll with all cities that were suggested, and every member gets a number of votes to choose their favourites from the list.

(I'd try 6 or 7 votes per person - and have to rely on people's honesty here, because I can't find a poll that's free, easy to set up, and allows a maximum number of votes besides "one". So I'd have to choose "unlimited" and hope that no one exceeds their number.)

3. The 17 cities that got the most votes after that will be added to our list of available destinations. (If there's a tie between the "lower ranks" I'll do another poll to get an end result.)

I'm not sure if this would work out:

- it depends on how many people will actually participate

- How to keep diversity ? (I believe it's important that cities are distributed evenly over different countries, but with this method I can't guarantee that.)

At this point I'd be ready to give it a try, and see if the result is acceptable. Meaning: Would it serve to give us 17 cities, with not too many of them being in the same country ?

So - what do you think ?

Sounds good. But the votes thing is easy - we PM you with your 6 votes. I truly believe you can count. (If you can't, I'll count them for you !)

I think 17 would be a good number to add as - as I said - it gives a solid 8th gen even.

@Altiron:

Ah, yes, the Scottish independence. If they really do vote "yes", the new political map of Europe will look really bizarre to my eyes... wink.gif

Well, we could reserve two of the 17 spots, then:

- Edinburgh (because it might become a vital capital and has quite the touristic appeal even if it doesn't)

- Pristina (capital of the Kosovo - the Kosovo isn't recognized as an independent nation by several countries in and out of Europe, but others do accept its sovereignty, and this way we could get around the political debate, because we plan on adding "non-capitals" anyway)

I don't think we should stop at a number lower than 17 (or 15, if we take the two above as granted) on the off chance that there might be some other capital in the future. If it comes to that we'll plan anew (or just add it).

@fuzzbucket:

The last time I checked, I was able to not only count, but even get correct sums ! laugh.gif

I'm just not sure if we don't lose people that would take the time to click a poll, but are hesitant to sit down and write PMs... unsure.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: fuzzbucket, Cendaquenta

Capitals travelled: Zagreb, Stockholm (Stockholm ticket will follow when the trains are running again xd.png)

I LOVE Stockholm smile.gif

https://www.easypolls.net/

seems to let you do multiple options and is free....

Yes, that's the one I intend to use if/when we do this. The thing I meant is that I can allow either exactly one vote per person or "more than one", but I can't set a limit for the second option. (That's why I said I'd have to rely on everyone's honesty/accuracy to give the right number of votes.)

Enjoy Stockholm ! smile.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

This ticket is still available! Any takers? smile.gif

Offered Valletta!

Grab quick - this airline is very fickle!! biggrin.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: fuzzbucket, WolfParadise

Capitals travelled: Oslo, Belgrade

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, Altiron

Capitals travelled: Chisinau, Tallinn

Got a "no interest" from the Pillows, so there'll be no tickets this week.

Sorry, fuzzbucket. sad.gif

no egg from monaco - will try rome tomorrow...

I like the idea of adding Edinburgh, would have liked having scotland lol, Pristina being added as a capital seems fair too.

Marseille (France), Venice (Italy), Munich (Germany), St. Petersburg (Russia), The Hague (Netherlands), Antwerp (Belgium), Istanbul (Turkey), Barcelona (Spain) all sound fun. That would add 10. I think 1 additional city for each country would keep it fair, but I agree that it should be more a place with significance other than population. Tourists is what we are playing at being so it should be a tourist destination.

As for whether or not Ireland and Wales are separate - Ireland yes, at least part of it is lol - Wales not so much IMHO. We have Dublin, Cork and the blarney stone anyone? Maybe Cardiff as England's second city? Not familiar with Gothenburg Sweden), Charkiw (Kharkiv?) or Odessa (Ukraine), but whichever that would bring it to 14.

Zermatt, Switzerland might be an idea (The Matterhorn). 15...

Edited by TempestSea

In terms of adding cities Edinburgh and Pristina sound interesting (particually Edinburgh :3)

I would support Zurich, Switzerland as another idea for a city. As someone from the other side of the world to Europe I can safely say that many people here think it is Switzerland's capital (even I did until I visited last year tongue.gif), plus it is also well known for banking.

I would also support Venice, Munich, St Petersburg, Barcelona, Istanbul and Cardiff, they are all fairly well known here for tourist destinations :3

I'm sorry, sometimes I feel like I've neglected the lineage for several weeks (even when it haven't been more than one since my last post) and thus I get really confused when I see all the comments about adding new cities :S

Now, in my defense, I haven't been able to really focus on this lineage (or any other lineage/RP/internet based stuff really) because I've been reallybusy with finals at college, and I am not done yet, just got a little breather this weekend :S

But to give my two cents to the discussion, I really like the idea of adding Edinburgh and Zurich to the lineage, I really like Scotland, though I've never visited it, but since I saw thm playing against Brazil on 1998 World Cup's opening match, I've always liked Scotland tongue.gif (I bet you can now tell much of my knowledge of the world starts because of soccer xd.png) and it will be nice to have it in the lineage, even if it is added until now. Plus it will be nice to have more cities to choose from (specially for those who have visited most of the capitals by now).

Also, Tirana Ticket Avaiableeveryone! biggrin.gif Check my passport for cities I've already been to (can't remember them now, brain is filled with college stuff) unsure.gif

Edited by RyuKaiser

Also, Tirana Ticket Avaiableeveryone! biggrin.gif Check my passport for cities I've already been to (can't remember them now, brain is filled with college stuff) unsure.gif

You should make it a two way link. Once it has changed, I will offer a San Marino Ticket.

Well, finally have two dragons for Dublin and a Second Gen egg, so should have a ticket for Dublin next week laugh.gif

And as a note, the female dragon is named in Irish Gaelic "Molly of Dublin" to the best of my abilities (I'm very novice at Gaelic lol) but that's why she has such a long name.

Offered Brussels ticket.

Accepted :3

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, timpieh

Capitals travelled: Budapest, Brussels

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: RyuKaiser, Tiga

Capitals travelled: Tirana, San Marino