Ankara

Berlín

Oslo

Louxembourg

Viena

Valletta

Ticket to Madrid

Offered a ticket to San Marino~

Hallo! smile.gif I have returned, and will be hopefully hosting Podgorica! I would go with stripes, but I don't have any CB. I'm thinking of fevers though. Can I have ideas? smile.gif

Offered a ticket to San Marino~

Accepted it!

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: DragonNighthowler, Tiga

Capitals travelled: Madrid, San Marino

@Lokiphantom:

Yes, Dublin is available, and if you'd like to choose it as your second capital you are welcome to do so ! smile.gif

Just to be thorough, though: In the next weeks we'll decide about new cities, and I don't think that there will be more than two cities per traveller, so you'll have to decide if you'd prefer to take up Dublin now, or wait for what might come later.

@CosmicStorm:

Welcome back ! (And hopefully this time it is to stay. wink.gif )

Podgorica is indeed unclaimed, so you can host it. If you'd prefer to use Stripes, you can go and catch some CBs, the capital would stay reserved for you until you have your pair (and if you have trouble catching, I'm sure some here would help with it).

Fever Wyverns would be nice, too, and I'm curious if there are more ideas. Let me know when you've decided which breed to use.

Spring is in full swing, and it's a wonderful time to be travelling !

So how about a swap of tickets to go and see the first green of the trees in the Jardin du Luxembourg ?!

Paris awaits !

My Passport

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved:Tempestsea, StarLaDragon

Capitals travelled:Monaco, Chisinau

As this is my 10th visit I would like to reactivate Dublin and the Terrae dragons

@Lokiphantom:

Yes, Dublin is available, and if you'd like to choose it as your second capital you are welcome to do so ! smile.gif

Just to be thorough, though: In the next weeks we'll decide about new cities, and I don't think that there will be more than two cities per traveller, so you'll have to decide if you'd prefer to take up Dublin now, or wait for what might come later.

@CosmicStorm:

Welcome back ! (And hopefully this time it is to stay. wink.gif )

Podgorica is indeed unclaimed, so you can host it. If you'd prefer to use Stripes, you can go and catch some CBs, the capital would stay reserved for you until you have your pair (and if you have trouble catching, I'm sure some here would help with it).

Fever Wyverns would be nice, too, and I'm curious if there are more ideas. Let me know when you've decided which breed to use.

smile.gif

Pouts...

Ok I'm done lol - I can take Rome...

@Lokiphantom:

Would it be possible to reserve it for now and if I don't have the caveborn Terrae by then pick a different one? Weird question I know but haven't seen a single Terrae egg in the cave yet lol, usually see tons xd.png

If not though I'll wait, curious what the new ones will be biggrin.gif

@Lokiphantom & TempestSea:

I am terribly sorry - I overlooked TempestSea's request. (It's down on the bottom of the page for me, and got drowned out by the travel announcement.)

Would it be okay for you, Lokiphantom, to wait for the new cities in any case, and leave Dublin to TempestSea (who technically asked first, I just didn't see it. sad.gif ) ?

Edit: Oh, right, so it is Rome for TempestSea - thanks for being so understanding regarding my mistake ! smile.gif

@Lokiphantom:

Since it might take some time to choose the cities available, and Terrae shouldn't be too hard to come by (I saw lots in the cave today, just tell me if I should grab a pair for you), I think you'll have to choose in the next two days or so (taking Dublin or waiting for others).

Alright cant get any stripes, so here is my passport!

Passport

Capital: Podgorica

Dragons: Fever Wyverns

Native 2nd gen: The Tara River

Last bred: November 8th

Contact (thread, PM or both): Both

Already travelled: N/A

Would like another visit: N/A

Regular online time(s): At random times, usually whenever I want to.

Time off: N/A

Edited by CosmicStorm

@CosmicStorm:

Added you to the lists. Welcome and bon voyage ! smile.gif

@topic:

I still have this:

Spring is in full swing, and it's a wonderful time to be travelling !

So how about a swap of tickets to go and see the first green of the trees in the Jardin du Luxembourg ?!

Paris awaits !

My Passport

Would it be possible to reserve it for now and if I don't have the caveborn Terrae by then pick a different one? Weird question I know but haven't seen a single Terrae egg in the cave yet lol, usually see tons xd.png

If not though I'll wait, curious what the new ones will be biggrin.gif

It's ok lol I already have offspring smile.gifRoma child

Lokiphantom check the AP for terrae - they show up frequently there smile.gif

Edited by TempestSea

It's ok lol I already have offspring smile.gif Roma child

Lokiphantom check the AP for terrae - they show up frequently there smile.gif

Sorry about the mixup, didn't see your post about it either when I'd asked. Didn't mean to step on any toes! ohmy.gif

I have been checking the AP, so far only caught second gens lol

And okay, since it might be awhile before the new cities, and since TempestSea has gone for Rome, I'll go for Dublin as my second city.

Again sorry for the confusion!

Edit: caught two caveborn eggs and influenced them, so updated my passport with the new city added.

Edited by Lokiphantom

What about instead of London / GB use London/England, Edinburgh/Scotland, Cardiff/Wales and ???/Northern Ireland?

If we took those cities, we should also use Munich/Bavaria, Hamburg/Hamburg, Bremen/Bremen, Hannover/Lower Saxony, Düsseldorf/Northrhine-Westphalia, etc. ...

I think there are some cities we could agree upon.

1. St. Petersburg

2. Pristina

3. Krakow

and maybe

4. Istanbul

5. Barcelona

6. Gothenburg

7. Marseille.

Then there are countries with two options:

8. Hamburg or Munich

9. Milano or Venice

10. Charkiw or Odessa (I would vote for Odessa)

11. Rotterdam or The Hague (I would vote for The Hague)

12. Birmingham or Oxford.

I would also support

Antwerpen (city with more than 500000 population)

Zurich (banking).

For me there ist the problem, that the larger countries (bigger population, larger area) often have more large and/or interesting cities. For Germany, France, Italy and Great Britain I think one could easily list additional 3 or 4 cities. For Liechtenstein, that is a bit of a problem...

The 8 countries with the largest (European) population are

Russia,

Germany,

UK,

France,

Italy,

Spain,

Ukraine,

Poland,

the next on the list would be Romania with about half the population of Poland. Should we maybe allow a third city for the biggest countries?

Edited by Altiron

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: LumosSeeker148, lilysally

Capitals travelled: Vilnius, Bern

If we took those cities, we should also use Munich/Bavaria, Hamburg/Hamburg, Bremen/Bremen, Hannover/Lower Saxony, Düsseldorf/Northrhine-Westphalia, etc. ...

well it doesn't matter to me but just for your info: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland are considered their own countries. You can see that at World and European Football Championships. The Bundesländer of Germany or other countries are not considered their own contries.

well it doesn't matter to me but just for your info: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland are considered their own countries. You can see that at World and European Football Championships. The Bundesländer of Germany or other countries are not considered their own contries.

Football championships are held between football federations. Germany has federations for each Bundesland and a federation for the FRG, the federations of the United Kingdom just never formed a federation of their own, that has nothing to do with the independency status of parts of the country.

German Bundesländer existed before the FRG was foundet and they still have their own parliaments, their own constitutions etc.

Switzerland even has no capital, because it is a federation of cantons and only has a Bundesstadt, no BundesHAUPTstadt.

The grade of independency is difficult to compare, I think.

Football championships are held between football federations. Germany has federations for each Bundesland and a federation for the FRG, the federations of the United Kingdom just never formed a federation of their own, that has nothing to do with the independency status of parts of the country.

German Bundesländer existed before the FRG was foundet and they still have their own parliaments, their own constitutions etc.

Switzerland even has no capital, because it is a federation of cantons and only has a Bundesstadt, no BundesHAUPTstadt.

The grade of independency is difficult to compare, I think.

ALL this stuff is difficult to compare. I'm not happy about picking cities on grounds of SIZE, for instance. Things like ancient capitals interest me more.

We are TRAVELLING. Who in their right mind wants to visit Birmingham, when they could go to Edinburgh ? (I could live with Oxford, except that as I used to live there, I'd rather not xd.png But I think Edinburgh would be a better option - not on "capital" grounds, just because !)

Which gives me an idea. How about natives of a country getting to suggest a city in their own country ? (this is called fuzz prays for the exclusion of Birmingham... xd.png )

Edited by fuzzbucket

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: SarBer, Lantean_Pegasus

Capitals travelled: Sarajevo, Paris

About new cities...

Wow, this topic is really bubbling quite lively ! cool.gif

I thought maybe we try it this way:

1. Every member that likes to do so gets to suggest a number of cities, that have to be from different countries of Europe. (I'd start with three or four cities per person, if that proves to be too little we can still up the number.)

The cities can be chosen following different criteria, but there should at least be a short explanation why you think they are worth travelling to.

Different people may nominate the same citie(s), this stage is only about what you like personally.

2. I create a poll with all cities that were suggested, and every member gets a number of votes to choose their favourites from the list.

(I'd try 6 or 7 votes per person - and have to rely on people's honesty here, because I can't find a poll that's free, easy to set up, and allows a maximum number of votes besides "one". So I'd have to choose "unlimited" and hope that no one exceeds their number.)

3. The 17 cities that got the most votes after that will be added to our list of available destinations. (If there's a tie between the "lower ranks" I'll do another poll to get an end result.)

I'm not sure if this would work out:

- it depends on how many people will actually participate

- How to keep diversity ? (I believe it's important that cities are distributed evenly over different countries, but with this method I can't guarantee that.)

At this point I'd be ready to give it a try, and see if the result is acceptable. Meaning: Would it serve to give us 17 cities, with not too many of them being in the same country ?

So - what do you think ?

I found out that there is another "problem". On September 18th this year a referendum will take place on whether Scotland should be an independent country. So if we don't put Edinburg on the list anyway, we should leave a spot open in case Scotland becomes independent (even if polls say that it is unlikely).

And I think we should only add more than one non-capital per country if there are not enough suggestions from other countries or stop at a lower number than 17 because we could always get a new European capital.

Edited by Altiron

I think 17 as an end would do - giving a possible 8th even gen dragon ; we can always start over collecting. I like to go places twice for REAL smile.gif

Or we could travel other continents !