Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Altiron, SarBer

Capitals travelled: Berlin

The return ticket will be sent later.

I am on my way to Sarajevo now.

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved:idril, fuzzbucket

Capitals travelled:Vienna

Sorry I haven't contributed, I've been busy renaming most of my dragons to fit my desire for them to have a family name according to each's breed... its really exahusting, and I've only covered about 10 breeds so far sad.gif

Anyways, I finally breed another dragon for the lineage so, here you have: Tirana Ticket Avaible!

If we accept more cities, I think they should be of some political importance, like capitals of constituent countries or similar cities, i.e. Tórshavn for the Faroes or Edinburg for Scotland, the capitals of the cantons of Switzerland or the German consituent states. But I think it should be clear that every city added should be on the Eurasian Plate and west of the border to Asia. Greenland should stay our only oddity. That would work with or without a limit.

But it would also be fine by me if we would close the list and allow second pairs for each city.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Original members: Capital city from each European country

New members: Largest city (population) from each European country

Sometimes the largest city IS also the capital city so that would trim the second list nicely and keep it nice and short. ...Oh, and the largest city could also work for those original members who still want a second city to host.

PS. I still think Kosovo counts as a country. Over half the world accepts it as a sovereign country now - out of 193 UN states, 108 accept it so far.

Edited by Beldarius

The eagle has landed! biggrin.gif After weeks of frustration, I bred Aina, the female from the new (refused) pair with Birger, the male from the original pair... and they produced an egg first time, no Fertility or anything! Said egg has gone to Altiron in fulfilment of an IOU, so their secondborn (should they be kind enough to produce one) will be the new Native 2nd gen.

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Cendaquenta, Altiron

Capitals travelled: Stockholm, Tallinn

(Received the Tallinn egg in early March, was only just able to complete my end.)

Hey guys!

I've got a ticket to Vilnius here - come visit the lovely Lithuania today! biggrin.gif

Want to trade for a ticket to Nuuk, Greenland? I made an offer.

Want to trade for a ticket to Nuuk, Greenland? I made an offer.

Awesome!! haha biggrin.gif I have accepted your ticket! Can't wait to go to Greenland! xd.png

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: LumosSeeker148, BringsTheSnow

Capitals travelled: Vilnius, Nuuk

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Sorry I haven't contributed, I've been busy renaming most of my dragons to fit my desire for them to have a family name according to each's breed... its really exahusting, and I've only covered about 10 breeds so far  sad.gif

Anyways, I finally breed another dragon for the lineage so, here you have: Tirana Ticket Avaible!

Offered a ticket to Skopje smile.gif

Offered a ticket to Skopje  smile.gif

Accepted! biggrin.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: RyuKaiser, Lokiphantom

Capitals travelled: Tirana, Skopje

Offered a Belgrade egg, it has nice code too ovo

It does have a nice code ovo, thankyou!

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: StarLaDragon, WolfParadise

Capitals travelled: Budapest, Belgrade

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Original members: Capital city from each European country

New members: Largest city (population) from each European country

Sometimes the largest city IS also the capital city so that would trim the second list nicely and keep it nice and short. ...Oh, and the largest city could also work for those original members who still want a second city to host.

PS. I still think Kosovo counts as a country. Over half the world accepts it as a sovereign country now - out of 193 UN states, 108 accept it so far.

I think we "need" another 17 (assuming people take up the inactive ones) BECAUSE that gives 64, which gives a nice even gen result ! xd.png (I am prejudiced as I like EG lines !) And then no more because I am obsessive about EGs !

And I agree about Kosovo, BTW. But I'm not so sure about how best to add other cities... What about HISTORICAL capitals - as in - before Podgorica, Montenegro's capital was Cetinje; Germany used to have Bonn and (oops, East Berlin...) - I bet there are others we could tap into that way ?

What happened with Chisinau ?

I think we "need" another 17 (assuming people take up the inactive ones) BECAUSE that gives 64, which gives a nice even gen result ! xd.png (I am prejudiced as I like EG lines !) And then no more because I am obsessive about EGs !

And I agree about Kosovo, BTW. But I'm not so sure about how best to add other cities... What about HISTORICAL capitals - as in - before Podgorica, Montenegro's capital was Cetinje; Germany used to have Bonn and (oops, East Berlin...) - I bet there are others we could tap into that way ?

What happened with Chisinau ?

How far do you want to go back in time? Because many of the cities that are now capitals of constituent states have been their capitals when the constituent states were independent states. And with all the little states Germany was divided into until 1871 we have lots of historical capitals there...

Btw - Bonn never really was the capital of the FRG, it was only a provisional capital, as the whole Federal Republic of Germany was a provisional state until the Wall came down. Writing about that - Switzerland doesn't have a federal capital, too - only a federal city and capitals of the cantons.

I think we should work with the facts we have now. If we choose the largest cities or capitals of constituent states doesn't matter so much to me, but if we go historical and totally correct, we will end up lost in a maze of terminology and historical changes.

How far do you want to go back in time? Because many of the cities that are now capitals of constituent states have been their capitals when the constituent states were  independent states. And with all the little states Germany was divided into until 1871 we have lots of historical capitals there...

Btw - Bonn never really was the capital of the FRG, it was only a provisional capital, as the whole Federal Republic of Germany was a provisional state until the Wall came down. Writing about that - Switzerland doesn't have a federal capital, too - only a federal city and capitals of the cantons.

I think we should work with the facts we have now. If we choose the largest cities or capitals of constituent states doesn't matter so much to me, but if we go historical and totally correct, we will end up lost in a maze of terminology and historical changes.

ACTUALLY I came back to change my mind anyway. Not least because Bonn had also occurred to me as a bad idea. sad.gif

What about autonomous regions - like Catalunya and Scotland ?

And by the way - I don't see Tbilisi (Georgia) up there. That CERTAINLY should be, given that it's adjacent to Turkey and Russia (both in there). We could (should) also add Armenia - Yerevan- (must be OK as it is a member of the Council of Europe) and Azerbaijan - Baku - (also in the Council of Europe).

Edited by fuzzbucket

And by the way - I don't see Tbilisi (Georgia) up there. That CERTAINLY should be, given that it's adjacent to Turkey and Russia (both in there). We could (should) also add Armenia - Yerevan- (must be OK as it is a member of the Council of Europe) and Azerbaijan - Baku - (also in the Council of Europe).

I agree with fuzzbucket here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

Wikipedia defines Europe as also including (not currently in our list):

• Yerevan, Armenia
  • Baku, Azerbaijan
  • Tbilisi, Georgia
  • Astana, Kazakhstan
We could add these capitals also, and then if all these are taken, we could then go over the other capitals and see who's inactive and add those to list again. smile.gif

Then, if all of those are taken…. well, lol I don't know what to do then tongue.gif

Maybe we could later modify the thread to be traveling around Eurasia? biggrin.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

The inactive ones can be taken on by a new person or by any of us who have the qualifications to take a second city. Someone has already taken on Stockholm.

Thanks for Kazakhstan - I forgot that !

The inactive ones can be taken on by a new person or by any of us who have the qualifications to take a second city. Someone has already taken on Stockholm.

Thanks for Kazakhstan - I forgot that !

Oh lol I meant going through the actual active list, and seeing who isn't active (with DC or even the project anymore) and ask them if they still want their capital, since there are only like 3 capitals on the inactive list smile.gif

Wikipedia defines Europe as also including (not currently in our list):

Yerevan, Armenia

Baku, Azerbaijan

Tbilisi, Georgia

Astana, Kazakhstan

The definition of the European borders is not very definite, but it seems to me, that the definition given in the Englisch wikipedia is a minority opinion. Especially the southern border of Europe is mostly seen to be north of the Caucasian Mountains, where the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea once were connected, or the watershed of the Caucasian Mountains. In both cases the first three countries on the list would not be part of Europe. Kazakhstan is only a European county if you choose the border right, too, while here the most often recognized border seems to be the Ural River. And Kazakhstan has a small part west of this River.

Personally I would not count any of these countries to be a part of Europe, honestly, but I would accept Kazakhstan because I recognize the Ural River to be the border.

Edited by Altiron

The definition of the European borders is not very definite, but it seems to me, that the definition given in the Englisch wikipedia is a minority opinion. Especially the southern border of Europe is mostly seen to be north of the Caucasian Mountains, where the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea once were connected, or the watershed of the Caucasian Mountains. In both cases the first three countries on the list would not be part of Europe. Kazakhstan is only a European county if you choose the border right, too, while here the most often recognized border seems to be the Ural River. And Kazakhstan has a small part west of this River.

Personally I would not count any of these countries to be a part of Europe, honestly, but I would accept Kazakhstan because I recognize the Ural River to be the border.

Ah I understand smile.gif LOL no wonder people say that one can't always trust Wikipedia haha

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I would allow any country that is in the Council of Europe. And CERTAINLY Kosovo.

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Fuzzbucket, Lumoseeker148

Capitals travelled: Zagreb (one way only !)

Meanwhile - Anyone for Oslo ?

Edited by fuzzbucket