Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Kurokosworth, galleri

Capitals travelled: One way to Nuuk

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Beldarius, galleri

Capitals travelled: One way to Nuuk (IOU to Beldarius)

My Prague stairs line is a bit stubborn so i am looking for new tickets for my even gen line.

Look at My travel logs to see the ones i still need (there are a lot because i was in a hiatus for a year or so)

My browser can't display it - says it's too large... and I can't entirely follow what you need.

But if either of mine is involved - Oslo and Zagreb - I'll breed them.

@Fuzzbucket That's mightily impressive !! Congratulations !!

I'm happy to see that your tenacity finally paid off. :-)

Interesting to see that Kiev's Yellow-Crowneds won out through all the genarations.

Passport

Capital: Bucharest

Dragons: Moonstones

Native 2nd gen: /

Last bred: Tba

Contact (Thread, PM or both): Both

Already travelled: Nothing yet

Would like another visit:

Regular online time(s):  Varies

Time off: /

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Fuzzbucket, Rhodonita

Capitals travelled: Oslo

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Rhodonita

If you are very good I will send you to Zagreb as soon as you get your next city. XD Now how about joining Asia as well ? ;)

I totally forgot about this. Is anyone interested in visiting Belgrade or Marseilles?

That's good to know. :) The same goes for Paris and Heraklion.

Pack your bags, and enjoy beautiful golden autumn days in one of Europe's many fascinating cities !

Life has been kinda busy for me, so I'm just now rediscovering DC lol

If anyone needs a ticket to Zurich or to Vilnius, Lithuania, let me know! PM is the best way to reach me :)

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Welcome back, then, LumosSeeker ! :)

I guess there won't be much travelling around DC Christmas, but maybe the new year will call people to exploration again.

I would love to be a part of this! I am not sure which capitals are available though since the list was last updated in 2018 😕

@HappyAppy

Hello there ! I have to confess, the project fell to sleep at some point between 2018/2019.

But...

I'll do a new activity check. That way we'll know which cities are still active, and which might be open to be represented by new members.

You could wait until the check is complete, and then choose your city, because some members will probably have gone inactive, opening the cities up to be taken by someone else.  I usually allow the members two weeks to report back, to account for the possibility of offtime due to vacation, technical problems, illness or such.

Or you could take one of the cities that are currently available (Amsterdam, Bucharest, Tirana), and start travelling right now by posting the ticket trade offer here in the thread.

I'll send out the activity check messages right now. @Fuzzbucket - Congrats, you are our first confirmed active traveller ! 😉

Activity Check

It has been a long time since the last traveller packed their bags and went to another city. With the situation in the real world being what it is - what better time to enjoy the freedom of travel here ?!

Visit all the wonderful cities of Europe while staying home, and staying safe !

To do that, we have to know which members are still with us, and actively supporting the project, ready to give out tickets to visitors, and to travel themselves.

If you'd like to stay an active member (see points below) of this project, please respond to the activity check within two weeks from now (until June 20th) !!

(You can either post in the thread, or send me a PM.)

Active member means:

- you check the thread at least once a week (or, even better, you follow it to be notified when something is posted here)

- you respond to direct (message or forum ping) ticket requests within a few days, a week tops (You don't have to fulfill them right away, but an answer is expected, even if it says "Sorry, the next few tickets for my city are already planned for.")

- you look out for cities you haven't been to so far (and try to travel there) at least every few weeks (Because if everyone is only waiting for someone else to initiate a ticket trade not much travelling will be done at all.)

- you are ready to re-visit cities that you have travelled already if they have a new pair of dragons representing them (because a new member took up an inactive city) - This is a change to our practice so far, that said you could just gift a ticket from your city if you didn't want to visit again. But that led to new members getting swamped with tickets without anyone visiting their city, and that kills the spirit of the project. So from now on visits will have to be both ways, and people who don't want to re-visit cities under new owners should be so kind to call their travels done, and allow new, more active travellers to step up and explore.

All these things are required to keep the project flowing. We have seen that "Just PM me if you'd like a ticket." as the sole participation in the project leads to everything falling silent, and the project being forgotten by most of its members. So more active participation will be asked for in the future.

Of course nobody expects members that have already travelled most cities to breed their dragons every week, and putting up the ticket. But they are expected to be there to do an exchange when new members offer their tickets. And they are expected to look around, and ask for ticket exchanges with cities they haven't visited yet, either at all or in their new representation.

I know it is hard to let go, and not being the representing member for "your" city anymore, but it might be necessary for the good of the project if any of the above activities don't sit well with you.

So please let us know if you'd still like to be an active member of the "Travel through Europe" project, or if you'd like to retire from travelling. (In that case you'll still be listed as an Inactive Member, with your city and pair of dragons (kind of a memorial list), but you'll be out of any project activities, and the city will be open for a new traveller to make it their base of travels.)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I AM IN !

I will breed Oslo and Zagreb for anyone who wants to visit.

My passport

Which needs a small update; I'll get on to it later. I'd sort of given up hope !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Passport

Capital: Bucharest

Dragons: Moonstone

Native 2nd gen: Andrei of Bucharest

Last bred: Apr 17, 2021

Contact (Thread, PM or both): Both

Already traveled:

Kiev

Prague

Would like another visit: NA

Regular online time(s): Mostly evenings and late nights

Timezone: Dragon Cave Time -3

Time off: -

Edited by HappyAppy

@HappyAppy

Welcome to our merry fellowship of travellers, then ! 🙂

Just to be sure - you know that you could also choose another kind of dragons for Bucharest ? It's totally fine if you'd like to keep the Moonstones, but you could also choose any other kind of dragon that wasn't used in the project so far, and that you think fitting to represent the city for one reason or another.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus