PeachSapling89

Sad Video Game Scenes

We all know there are times in games where it warms our hearts, or they make us say "YEAH!", they can make us angry, shocked, or just plain confused. But on this thread, we'll be talking about...the sad moments in video game history. The times where you crawl into a dark, lonely corner...and dwell in your tears.

So, what are some video game scenes you've seen where you were on the verge of crying? 3:

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERTS PEOPLE. I REPEAT, MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN WILL.

Edited by PeachSapling89

The cutscene where Dom dies in GoW 3 and the ending one where Marcus Phoenix's dad dies. Those two are the saddest ones I've seen recently. Another one was when I was playing Hey You! Pikachu! where at the end the Pikachu is "released" yet it comes back.

One of my memorable ones from this year would have to be Sarah's death in The Last of Us. Just...COME ON, REALLY?! It's only the first few minutes of the game and you create a tragic back story for our protagonist? 3:

Edited by PeachSapling89

Grovyle's in pokemon mystery dungeon, I actually cried (( also BEAST soundtrack, look up grovyles sacrafice, Best music ever!))

I've only cried twice at a video game to my memory and one was the scene in Okami where Issun said he was leaving ;c

Edited by Switch

Grovyle's in pokemon mystery dungeon, I actually cried (( also BEAST soundtrack, look up grovyles sacrafice, Best music ever!))

What happens to him? o-o

One of my memorable ones from this year would have to be Sarah's death in The Last of Us. Just...COME ON, REALLY?! It's only the first few minutes of the game and you create a tragic back story for our protagonist? 3:

Omg I cried. DX I almost stopped playing after that, but like I hadn't even really started the game yet so.. tongue.gif

What happens to him? o-o

...Do you want spoilers?

Let's just say that if you're playing Sky at least, no he doesn't actually die. I don't cry very easily at emotional moments in games/books/etc., but the ending of the last bonus chapter in Sky made me feel awful until everything was okay again.

Also N's farewell in Pokemon BW sobs

When kairi's nobody dies in KH and Roxas says

Roxas:Don't leave me

Kairi: I must

Roxas: who will eat ice cream with me

Me:LOOOL,WAAAAAAAAH

friendship meant eating ice cream with each other hahaha

xd.png It's pretty obvious this thread is going to be riddled with spoilers.

You know what I feel the urge to cry to? The game To the Moon. Seriously! I think the people at Freebird games are trying to make the world depressed! D: When you find out why Johnny wants to go to the moon, it's just... gdhstenduejsudjdhrjf! All of our feeels!

Aerith's death in Final Fantasy 7 is at the top of my list. When I first saw it I cried rage tears, it was a mix of sadness at her death and a strong desire to kill Sephiroth.

The ending of Final Fantasy 10, especially the scene with Tidus and Yuna.

The ending to Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I still sing the Ballad of the Wind Fish as I watch the islanders going about their lives before they cease to exist...

Darmani's and Mikau's deaths in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I wish they (and the Deku Child that died) had been included in the ending of the game.

The ending of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker where they left the king behind. I knew he couldn't live, but still thought it was sad.

I'm sure I'll think of more. smile.gif

The ending in Link's Awakening was really sad, and so was To The Moon. My friends kept bugging me to watch the Let's Plays and when I did...QAQ

I can't remember if I cried or not but in Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons, Ignitus sacrifices himself so that Spyro and Cynder can continue their journey. Also, at the very end (spoiler alert!) Cynder say the one thing that becomes more and more obvious throughout the game. She loves Spyro. It was very touching.

The ending of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (before the credits). And the ending of Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.

Zack's death at the end of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core had me crying.

(Highlight to see the spoiler.)

Edited by Red Dragonette

Hey peach, why not put like a massive sign saying "Spoiler alerts ahead!" Or something, to stop upset people saying you ruined their game, and stuff.

Eli Vance. 'Nuff said.

Hmm, I'm now realizing that most games haven't been that sad to me. Huh.

I have never cried in a game. Ever. Except once.

Endgame car conversation in The Last of Us. What they were saying and me knowing that beautiful game was coming to an end made me sob.

I really hope they come out with TLoU 2.

As for sadness? Ending of all Legend of Zelda games I've played.