PeachSapling89

Sad Video Game Scenes

oh geez, probably axel's "death" in kh2, or really just any sad moment with extremely tear-jerking music ;w;

ib definitely had some pretty sad endings, and pmd blue rescue team's ending too oh no

Just finished Brothers: a tale of two sons. And man, that plot and that final scene when the father falls on his knees and just grieves...I am so, so bummed out right now :'(

Just finished Brothers: a tale of two sons. And man, that plot and that final scene when the father falls on his knees and just grieves...I am so, so bummed out right now :'(

This is the only video game I have ever played that actually makes me cry.

There is going to be a re-release on the PS4. I don't know if I'll get it or not. The feels might kill me.

Pretty much any scene from Time Hollow where adult Derek and "immortal" Kori interact. ...It doesn't help that at the end of the game, 35-year-old Derek travels to the past to save 16-year-old Kori from falling to her death. And then the realization hits you that Kori will grow up and start a family with 16-year-old Derek, while 35-year-old Derek watches over them from the shadows and is eventually WIPED OUT OF EXISTENCE thanks to a time loop. He sacrificed his own happiness for his past self, and paid for it with his life. D: I just...

...For a more detailed explanation, see this: http://beldarius.deviantart.com/art/Time-H...ravel-320134022

Edited by Beldarius

If anyone played Life is Strange, you'll probably know why it's the game I cried over the most. No matter what ending you get, it's always crushing, even though there is one ending that just left me bawling my eyes out.

*Some spoilers for the ending of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag!*

Also the ending of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Seeing how Edward had lost everyone on his journey made me choke back tears.

The saddest death was hands down Mary Read's death in the prison.

Ori and the Blind Forest had some very emotional moments too.

The Claptastic Voyage DLC for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is billed as a whimsical matrix styled romp through Claptrap's mind in order to retrieve the H-source code. What we got instead was a look at Claptrap's deepest fears, biggest regrets, and greatest emotional trauma. The adventure takes you into the deepest depths of Claptrap's mind, and ends in a final boss straight out of Persona, a living manifestation of Claptrap's hatred at how horribly he is treated. And what's your reward at the end of it all? Handsome Jack uses the H-source to wipe out all the Claptrap's in the galaxy.

In Tales of Monkey Island, the death of Morgan LeFlay surprised me. I did not expect it, and I had grown to really like that character so it really touched me.

In Dying Light there is a secondary mission where you're looking for someone named Mike, who you believe is a child's brother. When you actually find Mike, he's the boy's dog, killed by a madman.

ETA;

A classic is Tidus' departure at the end of Final Fantasy X.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

There's a few

That Dragon, Cancer is one of them (actually the whole game is sad)

But the worse is probably Spyro, The Dawn of the Dragon. You become so attached to the characters and the end KILLS ME.

For some reason, the game "Drawn to Life" REALLY did a number on me when I was a kid. In fact, the ending made me so sad that I could never play the game again. And I can't even remember why it made me so upset.

I just remember being extremely stressed about the game for weeks. It was strange.

Edited by Silverwinter

I cried during several life is strange episodes and I still tear up when I hear a certain song from its soundtrack.....

When I dropped my first game (pokemon gold) into the swimming pool I was really sad...

On another note I thought astrids suicide in the dark brotherhood line was quite sad, that whole moment where you return home to find your brothers and sisters burning.

I cried during several life is strange episodes and I still tear up when I hear a certain song from its soundtrack.....

Literally, same.

I can't listen to Obstacles without my entire chest aching like hell, and that only plays on the good ending! T_T

*is Pricefield trash*

Edited by xxBurningxx

I’ll try not to be too spoilery for any of these, but there still are some.

Episode 43: Shining Lights, Even in Death from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. 

Oh man.

I couldn’t stop crying, half-way through the mission and I can’t see the screen through the tears, my hands are shaking. Then the singing started. Crying turns to full sobbing. Oh man. 
Once I finished the mission, I had to turn the game off. I couldn’t keep playing.

That was almost three years ago, I haven’t been able to re-play that mission since. It was heartbreaking.

——————

The last … three? hours of Metal Gear Solid 4. Basically as soon as the microwave hallway all the way through the end credits.

This is good, isn’t it? ;n;

——————

The end of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I actually haven’t been able to bring myself to complete the game ;_; 

(also, just Zack with Angeal and then Zack with Sephiroth ;n;) 

tl;dr: Metal Gear Series and Compilation of Final Fantasy VII

(I am only half-way through, but I have a strong hunch that Death Stranding is gonna make me cry. I’m very scared to finish it.)

Edited by Pliskin

Red Dead Redemption 2, two separate parts of the story made me cry to hard I had to walk away from the computer for a bit and get ahold of myself.

The first one is when Hosea, a character that's sort of a mentor and alluded to have helped raised your character dies in Saint Denis. The second is when your character, Arthur is dying (at least in the 'good' ending) on a mountaintop. I haven't had it in me to play out the 'bad' end.

'Life is Strange,' especially once you do the big timeline hop. So heartbreaking.

Edited by Kestra15

On 5/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Kestra15 said:

'Life is Strange,' especially once you do the big timeline hop. So heartbreaking.

I agree! It's quite heartbreaking. (Will not spoil the game for others)

Another game that has a sad ending is RDR2...

With Arthur Morgans just let do die on his own... It's quite a bad ending for him. 

I am a severely emotional person, so scenes meant to be sad usually get me. More often than not, animal scenes affect me more.

Final Fantasy VII OG - The story of Nanaki's (Red XIII) father, Seto, was particularly heartbreaking for me. When Nanaki saw his petrified father, and it started to cry crystal tears, I lost it.

Final Fantasy VII OG - Aerith's death was hard to watch, but it was harder to see how it broke her friends. I am not looking forward to this scene in the Remake.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Jessie's death... I still choke up.

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core - When Zack died, and Cloud howled his agony into the air... my heart still aches a bit.

Final Fantasy IX - When Vivi's people died... oh, the pain...

Edited by screwygirl

That Dragon cancer game is sad talk about a child having that sickness and some don’t make it is sad in real life they made a game explaining how that cancer is and how it destroy young life too soon it almost made me cry and will break your heart if you have kids getting very Sick is so sad😭😭😭 spoilers.

Edited by RosellaRose

The entirety of GRIS just hits me like a truck. The art style is gorgeous, the music is gorgeous, everything about it is fantastic. I cry every single time I play through it cause it's an emotional roller coaster and it's so BEAUTIFUL.

Steam Community :: GRIS | Animation art, Flip book animation, Game art