PeachSapling89

Sad Video Game Scenes

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

The older brother is injured right before they reach the tree with the magical water that will keep their father alive. The younger brother rushes up to get the water, but when he brings it back he's too late, and you see the younger brother's grief and I can't keep from crying.

And then the game makes you bury him, just to make sure you cannot stop crying...

I really enjoyed the game, but after that, I'm not sure I can play it again.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Yes, both of them. Their endings... D:

That, and the ending of that EOS Special Episode. You know, the one with Grovyle and stuff. Wow.

For the ending of both EOS and the Special Episode, I had to hide myself in my room in order to be not caught crying. Ugh.

And, I'm constantly starting new save files. IT STILL GETS ME. *cries in the corner quietly*

i dont know how i forgot to mention the ending of the first season of the walking dead game thats the hardest ive ever cried at a game

im still not over it

Fire Emblem Awakening:

So somewhere in the twenties chapters, there is a question posed to your character: Let Lucina kill you? <- or something like that. I had always pressed "no" (even though I know she won't kill you no matter what you say). However, I was curious and pressed "yes" on another playthrough of it... and oh my god is it depressing if you're her mother (married to Chrom). I mean, I figured it was gonna be kinda feelsy, but this... this was seriously sad. Legitly started getting teary-eyed watching it.

Tomb Raider 2013. Poor Lara, she watches her friends die right in front of her, and the latest death I saw (with the Endurance explosion) was so sad... She just screamed his name as the ship exploded.

Hands-down the saddest scene I've ever gone through in a video game was the ending of the series Xenosaga.

Xenosga III, when it ends, it is /the/ most depressing thing ever. It's terrible going through three games and getting attached to characters, only to have... well... the ending of III to happen! Jin dies by getting stabbed while killing the Gnosis, chaos disappears, and KOS-MOS blows herself up as the only way to kill a HUGE Gnosis trying to kill chaos before he can save the souls of everyone in the universe.

Friggidy frack, three of my four favourite characters from that game pretty much die, including the main character, KOS-MOS. (Shion would be considered the other main character next to KOS-MOS, buuuut I really don't like Shion too much.)

My feels are totally not okay at all. ;;

It's been mentioned before, but I must say it again. The deaths in ME3 really got to me. After I finished that game I was basically in mourning for months. Thane's death was margianlly easier to swallow since we were kind of expecting him to go soon anyway (while not in the way he did, I think he would have preferred this regardless). And I didn't romance him either, so the extra sting wasn't there.

Then came Mordin and his 'had to me' thing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cr- NO, I DIDN'T CRY, IT WAS DUST IN MY EYE I SWEAR IT

And while his death isn't mandatory and there is a way to save him, I don't think the cost could justify it. And besides, the guy wanted to correct his wrongs. So I let him go.

But then Legion had to go too and at that point I was heartbroken. I've had a soft spot for Legion since I warmed up to him in ME2. Until now I still don't quite understand why he had to 'die' the way he did, it doesn't really make sense except for Bioware wanting to create more death drama. And I regret there wasn't a way to save him either regardless of the outcome of the geth/quarian conflict. The only consolation was that peace was brokered between the two in the end, something I'm sure egion would have wanted.

Then there was Shepard, but ... nope, sorry, I forgot. Those last ten minutes of the game never happened. The Reapers were defeated. Happily ever after, the end!

And months later, just when i thought I was beginning to heal ... Citadel DLC came along.

Galuf's death scene in Final Fantasy V, Zack's death in Crisis Core: FFVII, and the ending in the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. I think I may have seen a few other sad scenes, but I'm too busy to try and remember the others.

I was playing Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast last year and I was tearing up when I was talking to the people and walking around Lower City in Valua. They lived in poverty while across from them was the rich people of Upper City in Valua. That's one of them I can remember at the moment.

I am a bit heartless, and I never cry at anything, actually it can be argued that I don't have tear glands. That said, the end of Assassins Creed 4 had me almost in chills at how much it affected me, I've never been so moved by... well anything. Perhaps I was too attached to the characters, let myself get swept away in the story more than I should have. But, that ending nearly had my eyes watering, it was so beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time to know that these people had lived once and to watch them die in the game and then have that gorgeous song at the end. Yeah, it was a good game.

The whole stupid Mass Effect trilogy is one big sobfest. I was in tears at least twice per game. D:

THE WALKING DEAD. OH SWEET BABY JESUS I CRIED A RIVER

But..yeah. Telltale's The Walking Dead had be sobbing on the floor. So did The Last of Us's scene with the toy Ellie stole for her friend who had gotten bitten (I wanna say the kid's name was Marcus). The ending scene of Twilight Princess had me in pieces, and so did the end of Skyward Sword.

the Death of King Wada (the water dragon) in Okami, just watching him sink into the sea like that was sad

the ending of Okami when Amaterasu gets on the ark and Issun cant come with her

both good and bad endings of Shadow Hearts Covenant

Nier (too many to name in this one)

this is all I can remember right now but I might be back

and if you have not played these games you need to, all 3 have beautiful stories that you will not forget

Bioshock Infinite: Bural at Sea Episode 2. -massive massive spoilers-

ELIZABETH

YOU DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEING BEATEN TO DEATH BY ATLAS

JUST TO SET UP JACK'S STORY. I had such high hopes for BaS2 but nooooo nope nope it just killed off one of the best characters and in-game allies since Alyx Vance just to set up another guy's story. ALL WHILE SHOOTING INFINITE'S STORY FULL OF SO MANY HOLES IT'S NO WONDER WE WENT BACK TO RAPTURE. And just to twist things even more we just spend the entire game knowing that she is slowly just losing her mind and that 'Booker' she keeps talking to guhhhhhh

... ahem. /straightens tie.

Basically BaS2 was nothing but hurt from start to finish and not exactly in a good way.

Sad video game moment? There've been a few that have made me cry. Many of them are death scenes.

The death of Axel. What 'almost' happened to Sora at the end of DDD, The ending of Persona 3,

What takes the cake though is, The death of Zack Fair. He was out-numbered. He had been on the run for months and he knew he was probably going to die, yet he still went to face his fate, knowing his friend was safe from harm. He died a hero's death, but he didn't deserve that painful end. I can't help but cry every time I see it. TT^TT

There are several to chose from in 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons'.

Firstly there is the opening cut-scene/flashback to the death of the mother. Whenever her ghost appears through the game it is heart wrenching. Then later on the is the death of the injured Owlcat whom you rescued less than a minute before. The trip through the giant's battlefield/grave is also quite depressing (you don't know who they were fighting or why). When you come across the cursed snow village it is rather sad as well as terrifying.

But the big kickers are the reactions of the Younger Brother and the Father to death of the Older Brother. They both express such pain and sorrow you can't help but be moved. The haunting music throughout really doesn't help.

Like I said in another board, they should consider renaming it to 'Right in the Feels: The Game'.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot about the man you have to prevent from hanging himself because he lost his wife and child in a fire. Although I think this might be an optional bit.

Edited by Fortune86

Admittedly, the not-quite-ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 where DiZ 'dies' did get to me quite a bit, as did Axel's death a little earlier on. ;.;

Also, the endings to Final Fantasy 10, 10-2, 13, and 13-2 have also gotten me teary eyed at least for the simple fact that I get waaaaay too attached to characters that i like.

There was this once scene in Fire Emblem where Emmeryn gives her own life after a speech trying to convince the country that she was in ( that had kidnapped her and was about to shoot her full of arrows ) and she gave the most beautiful speech about how fighting is meaningless then she looked up to see a hawk soar and stepped over the edge and fell to her death then there was a shot of her little sister and little brother reacting.

Later it turned out she survived but now she is speech impaired and those words were the only thing she had she said that herself.

Eli Vance. 'Nuff said.

This. Very this. And Alyx earlier in the game.

To be honest I've never cried over a game until HL2 Episode 2 happened. (Well I cried at the ending of Portal because the melody of the instruments in Still Alive ripped and tore my heart to pieces when I first heard it. But that doesn't count.)

sad scenes can make or break games, so, if they don't do the build up right or they do it too much the scene can seem cheap and 2 dimensional.

if would you kindly respond to this post with a top 5 or however many Saddest scenes in video games list.

Plz note that I'd prefer an opinion based list and give reasons why you choose those scenes. most importantly don't flame other people's list and have fun. cool.gif

In Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, we are given a scene that takes place in a Dream, where Sora sees Namine and is about to pass on a message he never got to tell her- but as the camera angle turns, she is replaced by Xion, whom nobody can remember, and when he asks who she is, a tear rolls down Sora's cheek, causing him confusion.

The following scene, he finds Roxas, who goes on to say that, while things could have been the other way around, it had to be Sora, because they're the same person, and Sora can feel what he felt. Sora then says what every fan wanted to hear- that Roxas is his own person, and has every right to be his own self. Roxas looks pleasantly surprised, then says this is why it had to be Sora, before giving him all his memories, causing Sora to start crying because of all the pain Roxas had been through.

ALL THREE endings in Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea. I can't guys. I can't.