PeachSapling89

Sad Video Game Scenes

I may have shed a tear at the Lich King's death (World of Warcraft). You didn't deserve this, Arthas! Other than that, though, not really. I don't usually cry at video games.

Virtue's Last Reward ~ Luna's Ending.

If what happens does not move you in the slightest, you have a heart of stone.

Persona 4 / Golden ~ Naoki / Hanged Man Level Nine

It's pretty much this scene that has made it one of my favourite social links in the game.

Thomas Was Alone ~ First Team

The fate of the first group of AIs is quite sad, although some might say bittersweet. I mean, it's good what they do, but...

The saddest ones that I can think of are:

-in the end of Halo 4 when Cortana sacrifices herself for Master Chief

-in Halo Reach when Jorge dies (And I was sad when Emile died...)

-in Kingdom Hearts when Xion dies

Halo 4, after you deafet the didact........ poor cortana

EDIT: if my family wasn't home i would have cried

Edited by zorua9

In Mass Effect 3 when Mordin Solus sacrifices himself. Him singing the whole time was just so bitter-sweet sad.gif

In super paper mario when Tippi and Count Bleck go to stop the chaos heart, and in fire emblem awakening when Emeryn sacrifices herself to protect the emblem.

in infamous 2 when you choose between killing Zeke or sacrficing yourself i was like

I'm gonna kill Zeke NOOOO ZEKE BAHHHHH

I'm gonna sacrifice Cole cole is dead dry.gif BAHHHHHHH

Thomas Was Alone ~ First Team

The fate of the first group of AIs is quite sad, although some might say bittersweet. I mean, it's good what they do, but...

Thomas was alone is one of my favourite games. I mean, it's weird to get emotional over rectangles but... unsure.gif

My saddest moment in games? I haven't played very many 'good' games or popular games (or emotional games for that matter), but the ending of the main story of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, from the end of the fight against Dusknoir to the end of Temporal Tower had me crying, then screaming at Temporal Tower (Bronzors and Bronzongs mad.gif), then crying again. I was so happy after the credits and when it was revealed they all survived in Explorers of Sky <3

This is going to be a bit weird, but the opening to Legend of Mana still brings tears to my eyes. It's just text and music, but the pleas of the Mana Tree are heart-rending.

There's this one scene in a video game that I think keeps on getting more sadder and sadder the more I watch it.

The scene in Professor Layton and the Unwound Future RIGHT before the credits roll. Like. Just. AGH. The Laytonites won't ever get over this...and neither will I! I don't want to say any spoilers, but lemmie just say: That's some freaking amazing storytelling for it being a Puzzle Game!

The Last of Us ~ Many Scenes

I just finished playing The Last of Us and it is a very emotional game. Right at the start you have to deal with Sarah's death, just after getting to know them and get a bit attached. Later you lose Tess, who has had your back in several fights. A bit further on you can see Bill's grief at losing their partner and a chapter or so after that there is the fate of Sam and Henry.

Throughout the game you come across the remains of many people who have died, some of which are quite small. The segment where you find the school/creche was quite sad for me, and then you open the room where they have been drawing on the wall.

You can also pick up several notes and diaries written by people you never meet or see. It's kind of depressing reading them and knowing that most of the people who wrote them are now dead.

Another part that stood out for me is finding Ellie after she kills David. She's just so upset.

I agree with the okami's issun leaving and lee's death in The Walking Dead, I also was sad about John Marston's death in Red Dead Redemption and Joker's death in Arkham City.

Mother 3

- Flint hearing the news about his wife and whacking everyone with firewood... for a tiny little sprite, you can really see his emotion there.

- Chapter 6. Just... chapter 6.

- The way the final battle ends.

So many tears over this game. ;_;

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

- Kamila's backstory. SHE JUST WANTED TO GIVE HER MOM A BIRTHDAY PRESENT

- That little kitten "Please look at me! Won't someone pay attention to me?"

- And then finding out Yomiel accidentally killed his only friend

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

*LOUD SCREECHING* YES THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST GAME

OH MAN YEAH THE BACKSTORIES IN GT WERE. SO SAD. BUT SO GREAT.

*LOUD SCREECHING* YES THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST GAME

OH MAN YEAH THE BACKSTORIES IN GT WERE. SO SAD. BUT SO GREAT.

I got stuck at the part where i had to sneak past the a-holes who kept pew-pewing mr fat-guy. I gave up after that.

I almost cried at the ending of sleeping dogs. Poor jackie.

Shelter was really emotional too.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those scenes get me every time. EVERY TIME. Even though I know things get fixed in the end it's just really sad.

It's not really all that sad, but it did actually manage to almost bring me to tears

In FE: Awakening when you stab Chrom the second time about and it looks like you've lost. All that you've been working for is just dashed away before your eyes... And Lucina's reaction just punctuates it so perfectly ;n;

In Prince of Persia 2008 game. The end scene where Elika dies, then is brought back to life because of the Prince and they're walking through the desert gets me every time

Mass Effect 3 has quite a few sad scenes, since nearly all of your friends have the potential to die if you didn't import a game where you were good to them. Some die anyway.

Legion's death and Mordin's death get me every time. Thane's death is sad, but it was actually a little bittersweet, since we've been expecting his death since early in Mass Effect 2. The other two came out of nowhere.

One of THE number one saddest scenes ive ever seen in a game has to be from Tenchu Z

Theres a short series of missions in which your ninja partner is kidnapped and youhave to find him and hopefully save him, but his captors had tortured him so badly that he dies shortly after you come to rescue him and iTS PAINFULLY SAD.

About 4 minutes and 40 seconds in. I'm not crying, I just have dust in my eye!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Just.... Just... Do I need to say anything else?

Ghost Trick, from *spoilers* and *spoilers* getting trapped in *spoiler* to when *spoiler* has a flashback of his *spoilers* when he was just a *spoilers* and... And OF COURSE *spoilers*! Just, that's a horrible way to live for 10 years.... And the entire cast, just.... *sniff*

Of course the final scene of Rescue Team and Grovlyes scene in explorers.

I usually cry all the way through replays of 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Virtues Last Reward, Akane and Luna why u make me cry?!

No, seriously, the Luna ending in VLR? I haven't cried that much in my whole life.

Edited by ToaofPonies

LoZ: OoT // When You Leave And Saria Asks Why. I Cried For HOURS

Halo: 4 // Cortana's 'death'

Cabelas Legendary Hunts: 2011 // Brothers Death