solarflare3000

Seperate egg pages for each user?

Should there be separate egg pages for each biomes?   

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw a rare dragon today but when I clicked on it a message poped up and said that that has already been taken. I was so mad! mad.gif :I just thought this idea and I thought it would be a little easier to get rares one of these ways. I don't know if the first one is possible but the other definitely is. All the pages will be identical if it happens but you will get a better chance to obtain the egg you want.

Maybe instead of adding more biome pages, perhaps each biome could have more than just 3 eggs?

Maybe there could be 6 instead of 3 or 4 instead of 3 or something along those lines.

And perhaps eggs could be cycled through a bit more quickly, because we have all seen "This egg resembles a glowing stone. This egg resembles a glowing stone. This egg resembles a glowing stone." way too often.

I personally don't mind the fact that there are only 3 eggs in each biome. I like the little bit of luck and chance that goes with hunting for caveborn eggs, and if you're really wanting something, you can always go into the Trading forums and potentially trade for one or apply to be gifted one!

The people on the forums are very nice and usually generous, so good things can come your way with some patience.

I don't think we really need this. Lots of people miss eggs to other people. It's a fact of life and the game. I mean, whenever I used to hunt and see metals in cave, I always missed them. but that's just how the game goes.

I would have to say no to six eggs as well. I believe it was tried during a release, but I don't think it worked out.

you'll just have to deal with missing the rare egg. try to trade or maybe you'll be gifted c:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I know what you're suggesting. Are you saying we all see a gold, but everyone who sees that can click on it and get a different egg? I'm not sure that would work.

Yeah, getting rares is frustration, I've never had a CB metal myself, but thats just part of the game.

Personally, if you make it easier to get rares, that ruins the point of them being rares, does it not? They'll drop in value as well, I would think. I think the current system we have right now is perfectly fine.

Edit: Also the fact that if rares are easier to get, you'll kind of start to take it for granted, right? It would get pretty boring and the rares would lose their rare-shinyness. Definitely expecting I can't a sentence or words.

Unless, you know, on the off chance I'm not understanding this suggestion at all.

Note: Sorry if this suddenly a double post, it did not post the first time I tried posting it for whatever reason.

\/ To that reply below since I don't feel like posting an entire post for this:

Competition in the cave is sort of the fun in here, to me. If DC turned into one of those games you could just mindlessly refresh and just wait til you see the egg description of the thing you want, it wouldn't be very interesting, at least when it comes to cave hunting.

Edited by Catlover74

I mean when you click on an egg and it says that been taken. You get no egg at all that way. Yes, the higher number of eggs is

a good idea , too. I was so going to add that but I wasn't sure if it would help anything.

Edited by solarflare3000

I'm confused about what this suggestion is, also. I think what you're saying is that if I go to say, the coast, I have to go to a separate page for each egg?

...I don't see how this would help. I guess it would be quicker to click on the egg if it is a rare, but you're also more likely to miss an egg if it appears on one of the other pages.

And yeah, its hard to catch rares. That's why they're rare. I feel like making them easier to get is against the point.

I think this is a bad idea that would cause more lag because the way you explained it is just making an exact copy of the page but 2 more times. Also rares are supposed to be hard to catch that is why they are rares.

Edited by thomasgold19

This doesn't sound good, to be honest. What if someone refreshed, found a CB rare, and then had to go away for an hour? That'd be one unable to be gotten by anyone else. It doesn't seem fair.

I, too, am a bit confused about what you want, since you didn't actually explain your idea in your OP. Are you talking about a biome having multiple "pages" so it won't be so crowded, but they would all "be identical"? How would that be any better at all? We'd still all be seeing the exact same eggs and we'd still all have the same chance of clicking first.

One for each user, I'm assuming, means every single user would see a *different* version of the biome? Which would be completely and utterly unfair (you want rares, I get it, but so do a LOT of people, and if only YOU are able to see that "version" of the biome that pops up a rare.... Not fair at all).

Simply put: Rares are rare for a reason. Any suggestion like this would change their rarity and value, plus make a LOT of people angry.

This suggestion doesn't make any sense. If you propose something like this you really need to say how it would work, otherwise it's just confusing and pointless.

option #1 means that each user get an individual pages but each egg on the pages are the same(I mean the same type, not the individual egg). This gives each user a fair chance to grab a rare. However now that I say that, it sounds pretty impossible. The other option is much easier. There are three variety of the same biomes but all the eggs are the same type. It' . Kind of like they were all laid in clutch of three, more realistic, I'll say. It triples the chance of getting a rare when it does pop up. I hope you understand now. Sorry I didn't explain very well in my first post.

option #1 means that each user get an individual pages but each egg on the pages are the same(I mean the same type,  not the individual egg).  This gives each user a fair chance to grab a rare. However now that I say that,  it sounds pretty impossible. 

But if every user sees the same dragon type but different egg codes, what would it actually change?

Imagine the following: you and me are the only people viewing the cave. A Gold egg pops up in one of the biomes. By me, that Gold is an egg with the code aaaaa, and you see the Gold as an egg with the code bbbbb. I'm distracted at the moment, but you notice that egg and grab it. A Nocturne appears instead of it.

In the case I described, would the Gold egg stay by me? Or would I return to see a Nocturne?

If it's the latter, then how would it change the fact that the first person who grabs an egg is the only one to get it after all?

And if it's the former, then it wouldn't correspond to the "people seeing the same egg type" concept, or would it?

*scratches head*

Or do you mean something else? A bit confused here, to be honest...

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Okay, so my understanding is:

Option 1: Say, 15 people were all viewing the Coast. Everybody would see a page, each with, say, a Waverunner egg, a Waterhorse egg and a Blusang egg. If they each clicked on the blusang egg, each person would get a separate blusang.

I really don't see how that would be feasible. On top of the 'making rares too common' problem, how would the eggs cycle? Would you always be seeing the same three eggs until you actually clicked on one? Or would everybody have to have grabbed an egg for it to have disappeared and be replaced?

Option 2: Each egg actually represents three? So, if a gold appeared, the first three people to grab it would get a gold egg, not just one? I think the problem with this is that it would slow the cave movement even more than it already is. Now when a blocker, say a mint, appears, three people would have to grab it instead of one for it to be replaced. Meaning while you have a increased chance of grabbing a rare when it does appear, you'd have to wait a lot longer for that to happen.

Still against it, sorry.

Ah, I think I understand now.

But yeah, I have to say that I'm against it either way, sorry =/ Rare dragons are, well, rare. It wouldn't make much sense to make them more common.

And also I agree with this point:

I think the problem with this is that it would slow the cave movement even more than it already is. Now when a blocker, say a mint, appears, three people would have to grab it instead of one for it to be replaced. Meaning while you have a increased chance of grabbing a rare when it does appear, you'd have to wait a lot longer for that to happen.

The Halloween of '10 had the six slots available because it was so hard to catch the dragons. It wasn't upsetting the balance, just evening out the playing field, but again, it was a special case and has not been repeated since, so I don't support this suggestion at all.

Edit: sorry, I misunderstood, despite having coffee, lol - even with separate eggs of all the same type on the page, we get that often enough with the Blockers, lol, and wouldn't they change when taken?

Or would all eggs of that type have to be picked up to empty the page before the next batch of 3 appeared?

If they all changed at once when one was taken, if all 3 rares weren't taken simultaneously, they'd vanish just like the Blockers would, only the Blockers would keep coming, solidly en masse, in endless groups of three.

That would also reduce the chances of most people seeing/snagging rares, if they'd all appear at once in one very brief period - the ratios wouldn't be increased so there wouldn't be more rares, you 'd just have to be on at the instant they appeared, or miss out entirely, every time.

Leaving what I'd written below, in case that forms the next suggestion, lol.

Well, if the ratios stayed the same, and if 3 of each type of egg were to be on each image for rares, rares would just appear 3 times less often.

They wouldn't be easier to get, by any means - everyone in the biome would still be clicking on them and the 3 would be still be gone almost instantaneously, but you'd have to spend a LOT longer waiting to see another, on average, and whatever biome the triple-rare image appeared in would have taken a good proportion of those being Dropped in that general period.

But that's assuming that the biomes moved, something they often don't do now for extended periods of time.

If these apply to all eggs appearing, as it seems that the suggestion entails, it would require THREE removals of EACH Blocker sprite appearing, in each spot where one is shown, to remove that Blocker, so that what's most likely to be ANOTHER triple-stacked Blocker would appear...

More people (definitely including me, lol) would give up trying to Cave hunt at all, except during Floods, and the biomes would NEVER move again.

Sometimes ideas that may superficially seem brilliant to us at first glance can carry consequences outweighing any potential benefit, but it takes time to gain the experience necessary to understand what's likely to result.

Edit: also as ZzelaBusya points out, would we wind up sometimes seeing different dragons in the Cave?

Edited by Syphoneira

I'm not sure what this suggestion even means. It sounds like the OP is just mad at missing a rare and wants a better chance of getting one. But rares are rare. So they are hard to get and everyone wants them. Therefore each rare egg that appears gets snapped up by the fastest clicker. Any suggestion that would successfully change that would make rares less rare.