LOTR meets Stargate

Basic Plot Things

This Role-Play is a mixing of the Stargate and Lord of the Rings worlds. Characters are from either of these worlds. However, those from LOTR can be just about anything while Stargate characters must be part of a SG team (if at all possible, the members of SG-1 are preferred, but OCs are fine as well). Takhesis knows the most about this idea and I'm sure she has the basic workings of this down better than I or anyone else does, so she gets to call most of the shots in regard to stuff

Stargate Movie: Here

Basic idea was: SG-1 end up stranded on Middle Earth (any time period)

Sheet

(don't feel obligated to fill out every slot)

Name:

Species:

Universe: (LOTR/SG)

Appearance:

*hair:

*eyes:

*skin:

*height:

*weight:

*build:

*clothes:

*weapon: (optional)

Personality: (optional)

History: (optional)

Other: (optional)

Completed Sheets

Diaveborn

Name: Daniel Jackson

Species: Human

Universe: Stargate

Appearance: Less geeky than he used to look.

*hair: brown, short

*eyes: blue, behind glasses

*skin: parchment colored

*height: 6 ft

*weight: around 200 lbs

*build: More buff than he used to look.

*clothes:  Well, admittedly his clothes still look pretty geeky (unless they're the standard issue fatigues).

*weapon: 9 mil, P90, Zat'nik'tel, words

Personality: He has several times displayed he is an individual of great integrity, often passionately arguing against morally unsound plans. He tends to be very respectful of alien cultures, except when their culture involves immoral practices, and he often approaches the unknown with an almost childlike sense of awe. He seems to have a hard time accepting no-win scenarios.  His knowledge and razor-sharp wit is key to encounters with alien civilizations and displaced human colonies across the galaxy. Sometimes awkward, sometimes socially inept, he is driven, intelligent, and an invaluable member of the Stargate program.

History: Daniel is an archeologist, linguist and expert in ancient writing systems, languages and cultures.  He was ostracized from the scientific community for his radical theories involving cross-pollination of ancient cultures and the Egyptian pyramids being landing sites for alien spaceships and far older than previously thought.  His initial purpose for joining SG-1 was to gain knowledge and find a way to separate his wife, Sha're, from her symbiote, Amaunet. However, despite her death, he remained on the team to fight the Goa'uld.  He is currently the foremost expert in Ancient language and history.

Other: Ask him sometime how to win friends and influence people while being dead.

Note: "Personality" and "History" sections adapted from http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Jackson and http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Daniel_Jackson

Starphyre77

Name: Brod son of Brind

Species: Dwarf

Universe: Lord of the Rings

Appearance:

*Hair: Dark brown braided in a style similar to Fili only longer, and he has a long beard separated into two thick braids.

*Eyes: Dark blue

*Skin: White

*Height: 4’9” (1.45m)

*Weight: Roughly 160lbs (about 72.5kg)

*Build: As with most Dwarves, he is stocky and sturdy, and while his – shall we say bulky – physique may not be ideal by Human or Elvish standards, he is a hale and healthy Dwarf ((Think Gloin))

*Clothes: When not in battle, he wears a dark, brown leather jerkin over a forest green tunic; brown pants, dark leather boots; and a grey woolen cloak. When in battle, his armor is, much as described in The Hobbit, a steel mail hauberk that reaches to his knees with steel pauldrons, iron boots, and his iron helm bears a mask in the image of an ugly, scowling face.

*Weapon: His grandfather’s double bladed battle axe is his primary weapon, but he also carries a short sword and a dagger.

Personality: Brod is a typical stubborn Dwarf. It’s not always easy to gain his trust, but once someone does, he is fiercely loyal.

History: ((He’s being stubborn and not telling me wink.gif. Will possibly edit this as it comes to me, but for now…to be RP’d. Sorry.))

Other: He is one of Durin’s Folk from Khazad-dûm (aka Moria)

Name: Alex Honami

Appearance:

*Hair: Neatly trimmed, black

*Eyes: Brown

*Skin: Asian

*Height: 5’8” (1.73m)

*Weight: Around 160lbs (about 72.5kg)

*Build: Fit, but a bit on the slight side

*Clothes: Military camo in whichever color is deemed best for the mission. He also wears a colorful, braided thread bracelet that his niece gave him as a good luck charm.

*Weapon: A Taser X26C

Personality: His line of work has taught Alex to be patient and analytical, but if need be he will not hesitate to stand up for what he feels is right or important. Also, while he may not exactly be the life of the party, he doesn’t fit the socially awkward, bookish stereotypes. Although he is especially passionate about his work, he is for the most part at ease in social settings. He also gets rather animated when talk turns to baseball.

History: Though he is of Japanese descent, Alex was born and raised in Colorado. He had always had a keen interest in ancient history, so it came as no surprise to his family that he grew up to be an archeologist. His area of expertise is ancient languages and culture, and as such, he closely followed the works of Dr. Daniel Jackson. Unfortunately, he shared the general scientific community’s view of Dr. Jackson’s controversial theories, and even wondered at Jackson’s sanity. However, just as his recent finds had him starting to think Jackson might have been on to something, he also garnered the attention of Stargate Command. Presented with the opportunity of a lifetime, he has joined the Stargate Program, and is eager to go on his first mission.

Other: Both his parents are alive and well, and his sister has a 6 year old daughter, and a 4 year old son. He is a very proud uncle and carries their pictures with him.

Syiren

Name: Colonel Jack O'Neill

Appearance:

*hair: dark with a little grey

*eyes: hazel

*skin: white

*height: 5 ft 8-ish (he's shorter then Teal'c)

*weight: 195-210 lbs. (without the P-90: "Feel the weight of that sucker")

*build: fit enough, knee's a little stiff.

*clothes: standard military camo uniform. Either green or sandy brown. Sometimes wears a hat.

*weapon: P-90, sometimes a Zat (Ask Teal'c for the full name), and a 9 mil as a backup.

Personality: Aside from being the jokester, he thinks out of the box and sees things at things at their simplest. He sometimes talks back to his superiors and has a strong sense of morals.

History: After the death of his son, who had shot himself with Jack's personal gun, O'Neill took the first mission through the Stargate because he thought it would be suicide. After defeating the Evil Go'al-uld Ra and a little help from Daniel Jackson, his view on life changed and he returned to earth. A year later he was back out of retirement and heading the SGC's flagship team, aka SG-1. It was O'Neill that turned Teal'c from first prime to their trusted team mate. Jack also earned the trust of the Asguard, not to mention saving their 'cute little grey butts' from the replicators. O'Neill has been through a lot in a few years, including being tortured by the system lord, Ba'al and he's still going strong.

Other: He loves the Simpsons and will often quote some of Homer's lines. His hobby is astronomy and he was disappointed when the Air force named the X-303 Prometheus instead of the Enterprise.

Takhesis

Name: Major Samantha (Sam) Carter

Appearance:

*hair: Military-style cropped cut, blonde

*eyes: Blue

*skin: White (aka pink)

*height: about 5 ft 6

*weight: approx. 10 stone without equipment

*build: Athletic (well she has to be xd.png.png)

*clothes: Military camo - usually in green (but depends on planet climate)

*weapon: Carries a P-90 as main weapon with a Zat'nickatel (Gou'uld stun weapon) as a side arm.

Personality: Being a scientist (Astrophysicist) as well as an officer in the air force, Sam has two major aspects - her curiosity and her training. She will put herself in harms way if it'll get the rest of the team out - but she's not suicidal.

History: Followed her father's footsteps in joining the military, with aspirations to becoming an astronaut. The Stargate Program changed that - first working in a theoretic position in the Pentagon, then getting assigned to SG-1.

During a mission she got 'possessed' by a Tok'ra symbiote on the run from an assassin - however the assassin caught up and the symbiote sacrificed itself to save Sam's life.

Other: She's considered Earth's foremost expert in Stargate mechanics. She also has Naquida markers in her blood due to her temporary bond with a symbiote.

Name: Eretta

Species: Human (Rohirrim)

Universe: LOTR

Appearance:

*hair: Blonde - shoulder blade length

*skin: White

*height:

*weight:

*build: Agile, but lacks in long term stamina.

*clothes: Light leather - riding gear

*weapon: (optional) Bow, with a quiver of arrows (limited to 15 - unless near a Rohirrim camp.)

Personality: Stubborn, but kind hearted. Often argues with other Rohirrim.

History: Her father hoped to keep her out of the thick of the fighting, but Eretta had slightly different ideas. As a Rohirrim, Eretta is part of a proud warrior tradition - and she wasn't going to shy away, no matter how young she was.

Reluctantly - he sent her to an outpost, distant from the front - to act as medic/messenger. NOT a fighter.

Eretta didn't like this - so she sometimes sneaks out on a 'patrol'. She always returns a few arrows short and with fresh game - so the commander keeps quiet - for now at least.

Other: Eretta has been trained (as all Rohirrim are) in horseback riding and weaponry. So far she has only taken archery (due to her father's over-protectiveness) - but she plans to learn to use a sword skilfully so she can claim her place as a Shield Maiden of the Mark.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

You said spirits. I've actually got kind of an interest in the whole concept of possession. I mean, it's just a bit of an interesting topic IMO.

Well, I have a pirate character from a sort of alternate Pirates of the Caribbean universe RP, and she’s been lookin’ for some action. I did have her in a sandbox RP here, but it died quite the while ago. I wouldn’t mind another opportunity play her in another sandbox again… It was fun having her try to cope with being dropped in modern times. wink.gif

The thing with her though is that I really like how she developed in her original RP, and there are certain elements of her character that I’m not willing change; the most important being that she is totally devoted to her love who is currently a cursed pirate. Thus, there would be no romance for her.

No, they wouldn't incorporate well, would they? That's okay, I can bow out with the pirate suggestion. I must admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about supernatural characters, but once a plot develops (and if apps are open), I'll see if a character comes to mind. smile.gif

I'd maybe like a mutant apocolypse, maybe we could do a pirate-mutant one lol.

Hmmm how about a Stargate crossover with Lord of the Rings?

It may go completely wrong, but this idea is based on a fanfic writing challenge I saw I while ago.

I won't go into the bonus points since its in RP form here.

We could create a different SG team for it - it doesn't have to be SG-1.

[incidentally I did start writing a fic based on that challenge - though no where near finished it..... :/ ]

Hmmm how about a Stargate crossover with Lord of the Rings?

It may go completely wrong, but this idea is based on a fanfic writing challenge I saw I while ago.

I won't go into the bonus points since its in RP form here.

We could create a different SG team for it - it doesn't have to be SG-1.

[incidentally I did start writing a fic based on that challenge - though no where near finished it..... :/ ]

Just wanted to say, that while a Stargate / Lord of the Rings crossover would've never crossed my mind, now that it's been thrown out there, I find the idea very intriguing...

@Silverpheonixx

Here's a link: About Stargate. Hopefully that explains it.

@starphyrre77

It is an unusual idea I admit... in my fanfic interpretation: Sauron is a Gou'uld.

I think the Stargate / Lord of the Rings crossover sounds fun. However, could we use original characters if preferred?

I'm a little unfamiliar with Stargate, but I could try.

The link I gave in a previous post should work as a briefing to Stargate, but here's the basics:

The Stargate is a giant ring that can create a wormhole between worlds. The Stargate is currently held in/under Cheyenne Mountain: a US Air Force base. Teams of 4 members go through the gate as explorers - unfortunately not all the aliens are friendly. The Gou'uld are a parasitic race, that enslave worlds under the pretence of being gods (Mostly named after the Egyptian Pantheon - although not exclusively.)

Will edit in Character Sheet..... hmmm canon character I think - if this one is the only one of the Original SG-1 team - then its a trial command for her (possibly)

Name: Major Samantha (Sam) Carter

Universe: (LOTR/SG) Stargate

Appearance:

*hair: Military-style cropped cut, blonde

*skin: White (aka pink)

*height: about 5 ft 6

*weight: approx. 10 stone without equipment

*build: Athletic (well she has to be xd.png)

*clothes: Military camo - usually in green (but depends on planet climate)

*weapon: (optional) Carries a P-90 as main weapon with a Zat'nickatel (Gou'uld stun weapon) as a side arm.

Personality: (optional) Being a scientist (Astrophysicist) as well as an officer in the air force, Sam has two major aspects - her curiosity and her training. She will put herself in harms way if it'll get the rest of the team out - but she's not suicidal.

History: (optional) Followed her father's footsteps in joining the military, with aspirations to becoming an astronaut. The Stargate Program changed that - first working in a theoretic position in the Pentagon, then getting assigned to SG-1.

During a mission she got 'possessed' by a Tok'ra symbiote on the run from an assassin - however the assassin caught up and the symbiote sacrificed itself to save Sam's life.

Other: (optional) She's considered Earth's foremost expert in Stargate mechanics. She also has Naquida markers in her blood due to her temporary bond with a symbiote.

Edited by Takhesis

At the risk of revealing how much I don’t know about LOTR… The only War of the Ring I’m familiar with is the one with Aragorn, et al. Guessing that would be the Second war, but would the first then be the Last Alliance? I’m game for either one, just trying to figure out my character. smile.gif

The First War was the one in which Sauron had his ring finger cut off and the human king, Isildur refuses to destroy it.

So yep it was the time period of the Last Alliance.

((hmmmm since SG teams are small - I think any more I make would have to be from the LOTR setting.... so will hold off and see what others make. [would be awkward to play the whole SG-1 team....] ))

[That's kind of why I took Carter - she could have been temporarily been put in command of another team (hence opening OCs on the SG side) while their normal CO is on medical leave? As the 2IC of SG-1 no-one can't say she isn't experienced enough...

That and I write a lot of SG fanfic - so I think I can do the character well enough.... *starts wondering on that count*]

Name: Brod son of Brind

Species: Dwarf

Universe: Lord of the Rings

Appearance:

*Hair: Dark brown braided in a style similar to Fili only longer, and he has a long beard separated into two thick braids.

*Eyes: Dark blue

*Skin: White

*Height: 4’9” (1.45m)

*Weight: Roughly 160lbs (about 72.5kg)

*Build: As with most Dwarves, he is stocky and sturdy, and while his – shall we say bulky – physique may not be ideal by Human or Elvish standards, he is a hale and healthy Dwarf ((Think Gloin))

*Clothes: When not in battle, he wears a dark, brown leather jerkin over a forest green tunic; brown pants, dark leather boots; and a grey woolen cloak. When in battle, his armor is, much as described in The Hobbit, a steel mail hauberk that reaches to his knees with steel pauldrons, iron boots, and his iron helm bears a mask in the image of an ugly, scowling face.

*Weapon: His grandfather’s double bladed battle axe is his primary weapon, but he also carries a short sword and a dagger.

Personality: Brod is a typical stubborn Dwarf. It’s not always easy to gain his trust, but once someone does, he is fiercely loyal.

History: Brod is a fierce warrior, and is second in command of his Dwarven company. His father is a craftsman of superior arms and armor, and his grandfather, Orm, was a warrior of great renown. He is very proud of his heritage, and does his best to honor his grandfather’s memory…and possibly live up to his reputation.

Throughout the war, he has been battle hardened, and while his company has suffered heavy losses, they have dealt heavier blows.

Other: He is one of Durin’s Folk from Khazad-dûm (aka Moria)

Edited by starphyre77

((On the off chance that this hasn’t died before it started, I’ve edited in some history for Brod. Also, about what season of Stargate were we thinking? Now admittedly, my knowledge of Stargate is a bit sparse, but I am working on a character for that side…))

[i've got Carter listed as a Major - and she got that rank during season 3. So presumably S4/5 - if she was given 'temp CO' post on another team.]

((Sorry, was net-less for a bit. Making a character for the Stargate side, but was hoping for a bit of input. Like I said, my knowledge is somewhat limited, so I was planning on having him be new to the Stargate program. That being said, I don’t know what rank he should be. May I ask, what you would you recommend: captain, 1st lieutenant, 2nd lieutenant…other? Thanks. smile.gif ))

[i'd say a First Lieutenant or perhaps a Civilian expert in archaeology/engineering if you don't particularly want to play a military person. And if there's a lack of SG team characters - I'll NPC-Zombiefy the other members of the team by assuming they're doing 'normal mission stuff']

Name: Dr. Alex Honami

Appearance:

*Hair: Neatly trimmed, black

*Eyes: Brown

*Skin: Asian

*Height: 5’8” (1.73m)

*Weight: Around 160lbs (about 72.5kg)

*Build: Fit, but a bit on the slight side

*Clothes: Military camo in whichever color is deemed best for the mission. He also wears a colorful, braided thread bracelet that his niece gave him as a good luck charm.

*Weapon: A Taser X26C

Personality: His line of work has taught Alex to be patient and analytical, but if need be he will not hesitate to stand up for what he feels is right or important. Also, while he may not exactly be the life of the party, he doesn’t fit the socially awkward, bookish stereotypes. Although he is especially passionate about his work, he is for the most part at ease in social settings. He also gets rather animated when talk turns to baseball.

History: Though he is of Japanese descent, Alex was born and raised in Colorado. He had always had a keen interest in ancient history, so it came as no surprise to his family that he grew up to be an archeologist. His area of expertise is ancient languages and culture, and as such, he closely followed the works of Dr. Daniel Jackson. Unfortunately, he shared the general scientific community’s view of Dr. Jackson’s controversial theories, and even wondered at Jackson’s sanity. However, just as his recent finds had him starting to think Jackson might have been on to something, he also garnered the attention of Stargate Command. Presented with the opportunity of a lifetime, he has joined the Stargate Program, and is eager to go on his first mission.

Other: Both his parents are alive and well, and his sister has a 6 year old daughter, and a 4 year old son. He is a very proud uncle and carries their pictures with him.

Edited by starphyre77

[Just because I'm fond of stubborn female characters - think Eowen for this one in terms of looks.]

Name: Eretta

Species: Human (Rohirrim)

Universe: LOTR

Appearance:

*hair: Blonde - shoulder blade length

*skin: White

*height:

*weight:

*build: Agile, but lacks in long term stamina.

*clothes: Light leather - riding gear

*weapon: (optional) Bow, with a quiver of arrows (limited to 15 - unless near a Rohirrim camp.)

Personality: Stubborn, but kind hearted. Often argues with other Rohirrim.

History: Her father hoped to keep her out of the thick of the fighting, but Eretta had slightly different ideas. As a Rohirrim, Eretta is part of a proud warrior tradition - and she wasn't going to shy away, no matter how young she was.

Reluctantly - he sent her to an outpost, distant from the front - to act as medic/messenger. NOT a fighter.

Eretta didn't like this - so she sometimes sneaks out on a 'patrol'. She always returns a few arrows short and with fresh game - so the commander keeps quiet - for now at least.

Other: Eretta has been trained (as all Rohirrim are) in horseback riding and weaponry. So far she has only taken archery (due to her father's over-protectiveness) - but she plans to learn to use a sword skilfully so she can claim her place as a Shield Maiden of the Mark.

[Think we have enough to start with Archios? Or should we wait for another SG member so half the team aren't 'zombies'?]

Edited by Takhesis