Totts

Hogwarts!

[Ninja'd = someone else posts the same thing a split second before mine gets through the system to show.

On another note: Considering certain facts: mainly RP does seem to not wait for players with less online time - I'm uncertain whether I wish to continue with it.]

(( put zoey where you like, but not hufflepuff, nobody else is in hufflepuff.))

[ I would've joined Archios' RP website and rp there as well but he needs to activate my account! ]

(I'm sorry, but I might not continue with this RP if people cannot wait for me. Between my job and no internet at my house, it's hard for me to keep up with RPs)

[same. I mean, I'm starting NaNo in a few days, and won't post as much.

This trying to keep up is detracting from my schoolwork too.]

(I'll just put Zoey in Syltherin if that's all right)

Zoey was kind of sadden at the sudden decision of the hat. She was put into Slytherin of all things. She looked around at the Slytherin table and realized she knew nobody here. Now that she thought about it, she now wanted Gryffindor. That's where Bella is. Zoey didn't care about Bella's namesake, she was a good person at heart.

((I'm not going to quit per the fact that I'm here at the specific request of Totts, but I do agree that this RP needs to slow down. I got stuff to do besides dragcave.))

"I'm Bella." She replied automatically, then realized her mistake. "Ah! You already knew that… I'm sorry…" She blushed, studying her food. Why did she have to put her foot into her mouth so quickly? She wished that she could hide under the table. Selene was cool though, having talked to her first. Bella wondered why Selene hid her face, but she respected the other girl's boundaries. Hopefully her studies into animaguses and how to become one wouldn't affect her appearance too much.

--- Selene ---

It looked like Bella was just as awkward as Selene was in social situations, at least if the blush and apology was anything to go by.

"No need to apologise," Selene said quickly, "After all, now we've been properly introduced." She smiled, trying to inject some humour into the moment.

Now came the really awkward part for Selene - finding a way to continue the conversation without sounding like a complete idiot.

"What are you looking forward to the most?" Selene hoped that question wasn't a dumb one, perhaps the answer would give her a better idea of how much common ground the pair had.

[Perhaps Bella and Selene end up sharing a dorm? That way Bella will find out why Selene hides her eye - without feeling guilty about asking? Basically the equivalent of girls' telling secrets in a sleepover type of thing?]

[i love that idea! ^^

Plus, Bella's mention of her appearance changing may or may not be foreshadowing...

Not much, but expect some slip ups.]

"I-I suppose you're right." Bella smiled, rubbing the back of her neck. Thankfully, Selene asked another question. "Oh, I-I I'm looking forward to Transfiguration. I want to learn because how cool is it to be able to transform things into other things?" Bella smiled, relaxing a little.

[Heehee - wonder what Bella's first reaction to the mismatched eyes would be?]

--- Selene ---

"That would be cool." Selene replied to Bella's enthusiasm to Transfiguration, glad that her question hadn't been too bad/idiotic.

"Wonder what the teachers will be like?" She wondered, though having already met one of them she may have a better idea on that than Bella did.

[ Well, I'm waiting for next day since my character is asleep and my professor character, someone should talk to him or he has nothing to say except he's eating. ]

"I don't know, it's kind of exciting that way. I like to have surprises." Bella replied, glad that it wasn't awkward. She was worried that Selene would just blow her off or Bella would say something stupid. So far, neither had happened, so that was a plus. Not to mention that she seemed kinda cool, even though.

--- Selene ---

"Surprises can be fun, as long as they're good ones." Selene observed, then noticed the tables were gradually getting emptier, mainly the older students leaving for their sleeping/study quarters - at least, that was what Selene assumed.

"Any idea where our rooms will be?" Selene asked Bella, "I was woken up early to get ready for the trip, and an early night seems like a good idea." She could only hope that Bella didn't think that she was bored. So she quickly added, going back to her usually shy demeanour;

"We could talk on the way... that is if you want?"

[is going to assume a NPC prefect will guide them and give the password to the common rooms when they leave.]

Bella was glad that Selence asked if they should leave, because Bella didn't want to sound too bossy. "I don't think I know where the dorms are, but I think we're supposed to follow the prefects." Bella answered the other girl. "I think that there's a password too? I don't know, but if you wanna keep talking we can." Bella smiled, glad that she had a friend. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be all by herself in this school. Wandering from class to class with only the purpose of getting from one place to the other. She wasn't sure she could handle it. "Hey, you think that Gryffindor is gonna win the house cup this year?"

(Is anyone over in Slytherin?)

[samuel Rowe and Zoey are in Slytherin I believe.]

---- Selene ---

"Guess we should follow a prefect then, I'd hate to get lost." Selene answered with a smile, "As for the House Cup - we can certainly give the other houses a run for it. We'll just have to do our best"

Selene assumed the House Cup was some sort of inter-House competition meant to encourage better performances from the students. Like a merit system that was implemented in non-magical schools.

[is assuming NPC Prefect will do stuff when Bella and Selene actually leave]

Edited by Takhesis

"Ah, yeah. I've heard about students getting lost and never coming back." Bella added. "Or maybe the ghosts will be kind enough to lead us to our dorms..."

She was lost I thought, wondering if, perhaps, there were ghosts of students who had been lost inn the halls, haunting them forever after. No, that would be silly, and ghosts don't usually stay behind for that. Her father knew more about ghosts than he would care to admit, and told her how they were formed, even if she didn't understand fully, she knew no one stayed around just for a minimal problem.

--- Selene ---

Selene kept smiling, thinking that Bella was just having a joke about the ghosts of lost students. It sounded very similar to the stories that her older brothers kept telling about what happens to the new kids at secondary school.

Though the ghost part was proven true as Nearly Headless Nick popped up out of a nearby platter to give belated input into the House cup conversation.

"Of course Gryffandor can win the House Cup, " the ghost head said, sounding somewhat off put at the idea that his House could lose.

[Can't remember what House Moaning Myrtle was in? She'd be the closest to Bella's comment of lost students. And House ghosts are random xd.png]

--- Morgana ---

At Ravenclaw's table, the next prefect to leave indicated that any Ravenclaw first years wishing an early night should follow him. Morgana mentally shrugged, an early night would be conductive to a studious mind. Even if she couldn't sleep, she could always read for a bit.

So she got up and started to follow the prefect.

Bella jumped when Nearly Headless Nick joined their conversation, leaping behind Selene for protection. She shook and shivered in fear, but realized that it was merely the friendly House ghost. Not the scary kind like she had been thinking of. Bella was suddenly embarrassed that she had jumped at Nearly Headless Nick, thinking that he was some kind of poltergeist. "S-sorry…" Bella mumbled, ducking farther away from Nick. Out of the corner if her eye, she saw the prefects leading students to their dorms. "We should go… it looks like the banquet is nearly over..."

[Random House ghost is random.... though Nearly Headless Nick should know better than to scare students.]

--- Selene ---

Selene glanced warily at Nearly Headless Nick and then at hiding Bella, his appearance was sudden and not entirely a good idea on his behalf considering their last topic. Though if he had intended harm, he wouldn't have announced his presence. At least, that was Selene's hope.

It seemed an older student agreed with that thought, as they caught his attention with a gentle admonition:

"Sir Nick, please don't startle the first years - especially since they've already had one scare today."

Nearly Headless Nick acting suitably chastened asked for forgiveness - whether it was from Bella and Selene or the older student wasn't really clear.

Seeing what had caught Bella's eye, Selene agreed with the plan. Especially now that the ghost story seemed more likely...