car340

Helping out Click Sites

I am *not* sure if there's a thread for this/like this, or if it belongs, but uh...yeah.

How often do you actually view the other dragons in the Click Sites? Some people usually dump their stuff in and check their eggs/hatchlings an hour later. Some people open up a viewer, and keep it open while they do something else.

I...Do both. Anybody else help out? I mean, it's not that they just magically make it get more Unique views.

I usually let the AoND and EATW autoviewers run a complete cycle or two while I'm off in class. I also usually go through all the pages of the DDF hatchery. If anyone wants to help give a lot of views out quickly, the last thing is especially easy to do--in about a minute and a half or less and three pages of loading you'll hand out roughly 1,500 UVs a day. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I try to give as many views as possible, but sometimes those sites make my internet lag so I don't do it all the time.

Sometimes I like to click eggs that are in their last stage of cracking, to see how many hatch when I click them.

I probably have one to 4 viewers running for up to a couple of hours a day.

I'm ERing two eggs right now so Valley Sherwood, AoND, Silva's, EATW and Jaemeia are all going right now.

I have to watch the usage on my air card though, and sometimes it's a little scary the way my available MBs drop. blink.gif

ETA: I do not click any eggs, since viewing is all mine need.

The other thing I do when I can is spend time cleaning the new hatchlings and adults out, since I sometimes find AoND or Jaemeia when the sites are a quarter to half finished dragons. I was told when I was a noob that it is good manners to remove your babies when you are done. Giving back by viewing and cleaning helps them run smoother for everyone.

Edited by dragongrrl

I occasionally do it. My internet is much too slow, though, and it tends to freeze up the other web-pages I use, and sometimes I simply forget.

However I like to help out the sites as much as I can.

I try to when I can, but my connection is not always good so I can't do it as much as I want to. Generally if I'm going to be out or away from my computer for a few hours I like to load up one or two (usually EATW or AoND) and let them run while I'm away.

When I add my eggies, I always let the pages run for a while. I also clear out any new hatchies or adults from the pages that can do that. I don't usually click on any, though occasionally I might.

I sometimes have EATW viewer open when I'm afk to help others' eggs and hatchlings grow up smile.gif I also sit on some of the other click sites now and again to help but EATW is definitely the one I spend the most time on xd.png

I used to help on multiple sites, but now I only help on AoND when I'm using their NDER ARs. :3

Edited by Saynna

I'll admit I'm guilty of dumping without clicking, but that's usually because I'm on mobile. When I have access to a desktop, I try to spend a decent amount of time trying to return the favour to other DC users.

When I take a break (usually for meals) I run EATW (just because it has a fast auto-viewer) and AoND.

Sometimes if my favourite sites are down (not often, but still) I like to clear out a lot of non-ERs and the like. :3

I try to remember to run at least one autoviewer whenever I'm online, and if I'm not doing a lot on my computer I'll open several. When on mobile though, I tend to just put my eggs in them, feel a twinge of guilt, and wait until I'm on the laptop to give back.

I usually at the very least let each run enough to view all the ER's once. When it's a busy egg day, I tend to visit all my regular sites several times in a day, so I tell myself that the frequent visits help. ^^;;

When I'm watching DVD's on my computer, I usually leave a window for ND, Soti, Sherwood, or EAtW open. I can't really do it when I'm using the internet or other apps, since it makes my computer really laggy. I try to have a good long viewing session at least once a week.

Before I head off to class I usually at least try to have EATW running. (Another browser window usually has some video streaming site open for my cockatiel to listen to so my computer doesn't go into SS where it automatically disconnects from my IP.)

Recently my Internet has been sluggish for weird reasons so the amount of other sites I have open depends on that and they're usually sites that don't seem to "resource heavy."

I mostly always have EATW open, sometimes with the high-speed viewer going, instead of the normal viewer. I also regularly have Silvi's Lair running. I like to trim the lists on Silvi's by clicking the arrows for hatchies in the egg section, hidden dragons, and grown adults. That gets me a little more intimate with the site.

When I dump/update my eggs, I open all the hatcheries that I will use at once, provided I don't have anything else running to kill my internet. xd.png

And I generally leave AoND up if I'm ERing several and/or more important eggs/hatchlings. I recheck my scroll to see if any egg is sick or not, how many views, and how much time is left. It's a more concise format than viewing my scroll directly.

Every time, After I dump my eggs and hatchies in the hatcheries I use, I usually keep the tabs with the hatcheries opened and just let them run for about 30 minutes - an hour.

I'll randomly click on a few eggs as I'm on the sites.

Due to tendon issues, I've had to cut back again on actual clicking, and my levels have been pretty variable, depending.

I'm currently averaging only about 100 clicks on DDF, and am now only removing adults up to that point, but I usually 'View All' twice a day to try to make sure that newer entries get a U View early on.

When I first go into Soti's, I typically load the 'View Everything' page to give a round of U Views, and when I first go into the ER there, I try clicking all ERs, (and clicking to remove hatchies and adults, of course) and also generally click on hatchies just before clicking to remove, to make certain they have a click to help at least a little, since ERs are going to have numbers way out of whack.

When I first get on, I now generally run for some hours (and periodically check to clean) Silvi's, Valley Sherwood and just the small Viewer on AOND's entry page at the same time, (lol, couldn't really do that with my old puter, although I tried, while the poor thing fainted a lot, or froze) as long as everything seems to be loading OK, (as it doesn't always,) and later generally manage to run the AOND full hatchery page separately, although I'm doing a lot less cleaning, since my arm's freezing up a lot, lol.

I can run Soti's and Egg Drop Soup (when it's up, lol) at the same time, no problem, luckily.

When ERing I typically have Jaemeia's and one other site up while I have dragons in, (although I sometimes try 3,) and dodge back and forth cleaning, the frequency depending on the arm thing, as it seems to be cumulative use gradually worsening things every time.

Some days, I can't do much on the fansites, but try to give at least some Views daily, especially to the ones I'm using, and ideally also to those favorites I like to support I'm not currently using.

I've even had fansites running while poking through the AP, although that doesn't do hunting much good, lol.

But I very often have fansites running through much of the day, when not hunting.

Once I'm better and can do more RL stuff, though, I won't have as much time for this.

Edit: would like to thank car340 for bringing this up, and raising awareness on the issue of giving back to fansites.

They only work when enough people put enough in to make up for those who don't, and those who don't may very well not do so because of a lack of awareness of how the lack of U Views slows the stages of our dragon's progression toward adulthood and survival, or even of the fact that we, the viewers, can only get back what we put in, as the user community.

Even a few minutes of Viewing, clicking or cleaning, when adding dragons, can really help, if everyone does it.

Re-edit: thought that I'd better add that I usually use CCleaner twice a day, sometimes more, as this almost continual Viewing/Refreshing on the Cave does add to the load on the puter.

And unfortunately, it seems that people in the US are often ripped off by greedy providers limiting bandwidth and charging extra, so this level of giving Views may not be an option for them?

Not sure how that system works, as we luckily don't seem to have it here.

Edited by Syphoneira

I don't give views like I use to. I use to run AOND at least once or twice a day(my main site) and one other too, which I would switch around. (Silvi's, Valley Sherwood and Soti's) But now my computer is not working right and I don't want to kill it so I run AOND and Soti's a couple times a week now. Once my computer gets fixed I plan on giving many more views. I do like to clean out the adults and use to spend a lot of time doing that.

I sometimes view eggs in EDS and AoND, the one I check most often is EATW, but I mostly just dump. I keep too many tabs open to keep a scroller on. xd.png