BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((The Careers don't even have to kill them. They could just die of infection (I've heard that intestine wounds are nasty). Anyway, I won't have an Internet connection for a few days.))

(So anyone hear anything from pro yet?)

(Don't know what pro's up to. But congrats shy, it seems Mel is the one more people want to win! If she can pull it off...)

(( Lol i don't expect her to survive. And i don't know why she's ahead in the polls. Apperently i voted, but i don't remember voting. I must have short-term memory loss. tongue.gif ))

((I'M SO SAWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I got GTA V last week and played it all last week and forgot completely about my obligation to post here. :L, I will try and make this a long post to make it up to yous.))

Christian followed Buck closely as he chased after Ellis. He tried to pick up a rock to throw at him, but as he lunged to grab one, he stumbled and rolled into the dust, his entire body began to fell a slight sensation of pain as the rocks and scrap on the dry ground scraped his clothing. once he had stopped tumbling, he remained still for a moment, and cursed under his breath, he slowly stood up, beating the dust out of his clothing, he sneered to the disappearing shape of Buck.

"****, there goes an easy kill." He muttered,

He stumbled in the direction of Buck, he was still stunned from falling, he noticed a mortally wounded girl walk in the corner of his eye, but he ignored it, reasoning that she would either die or become an inconvenience. he made it to Buck and put his hand on his shoulder, reassuring him. He listened to the announcement of the feast, he thought that some armour would be good, and a pair of gauntlets or brass knuckles to make himself a better fighter. He gestured in the general direction of the Cornucopia,

"I guess we should head back?" he questioned.

------------------------------

Andrew was really confident in his current situation, completely separated from the rest of the rabble, absolutely safe. He stumbled around his traps to the river-side, he looked to the cornucopia and noticed a single guard, a career, but a single guard none the less. He threw up the possibility of looting in his mind, he thought better of it and sat on the bank, he could wait for this feast and then he'll plan his move.

((It's okay from my view pro. Welcome back!))

(I understand how addictive GTA is. It's fine. Though King Cobra quit.)

Buck stayed still. Feast. Tonight. The sun was high, must have been noon. 6 more hours till night. "We need to get to the cornucopia. It will be a bloodbath of 8 tributes. We can kill off the rest of the competition." Buck said grinning. Easy.

Ellis stood in his hole. The feast was basically the bloodbath re invented for the later games. The 1st ever feast. He wanted to be known by future tributes and the capitols citizens, he was the 1st victor.

Mel constantly thought about the feast. It would be unwise to go but if there was an item there she needed…

Mel kept telling herself ‘no’ but she really needed medicine. Maybe it was there.

“Alright, the cornucopia isn’t too far. I can see if from the edge of the forest. I can just wait in the trees. If it looks safe I’ll go for it. Stay hidden and quiet.”

Despite her better judgment, she slowly climbed down and tree. She kept pressure on the side of her stomach and made sure not to move her other shoulder.

Christian grinned devilishly at Buck, he began lightly bouncing on his feet, the prospect of strangling and smashing in the skulls of unsuspecting tributes was making him giddy. He breathed deeply and widened his smile,

"Last one to the Cornucopia is going to die today!" he called out insensitively, sprinting in the general direction of the Cornucopia, his enthusiasm and adrenaline pushing him along.

Ellis made his way towards the cornucopia. He stayed at the edge. Watching, as two careers ran back to their cornucopia.

Buck lost. But he did make it back the cornucopia. Sun was getting lower, slowly. He sat on a crate, with his spear in hand. Ready to kill off the rest of the competition, then win.

Mel got to the edge of the clearing. The cornucopia stood proud in the middle. Mel stayed in the trees. Anyone watching must have been getting bored of her constantly staying in the trees; sponsors included. She had to be a bit more exciting if she wanted someone to help her out.

But for now she would stay hidden. Her eyes darkened upon realizing that no one was in the middle. And from the looks of it no one had grabbed their bag.

That was too easy. Everyone else was waiting for someone to run into the center like an idiot and make a run for it.

Mel spotted something moving in the corner of her eye. It was probably another tribute. Whoever it was stood a far enough distance away that she could easily get away unnoticed. With a heavy sigh she shrunk back into the small forest and walking into its core. She wasn’t stupid enough to go and get her supplies. She was going to live to fight tomorrow.

She found a small cave. Well, one would hardly call it that. It was more of a hole, just big enough for one, maybe two people. It was well hidden by bushes and vines. She would sleep there tonight.

She used some branched and leaves to make a small hidden area in the cave so if someone did come by while she was sleeping she would have a higher chance of being undetected. It was too early to sleep now, of course. But she wouldn’t be doing anything until her wound healed.

(Should make the number rule apply to the remaining 2 npcs to make the games even more intense... plus the fact that the 8 Female is tied with Mel for votes... what say you members? If you do accept, then I'll use a random number generator for the npcs like so)

Edited by BoomSALMON

(Sure.))

Edited by Shyrus

((I'm back! Also, why did people vote for the one-eyed girl with the gut wound?

((I voted for Mel because she's not insane yet (well, Glitter isn't really, but I'll try to fix that, and I have a feeling that she'll die at the feast) and I want to see if she goes crazy. Mostly, I don't want Ellis to win because HE KILLED PIXELLE RAGE (not like that was my fault or anything...)

((And yeah, the number thing for the NPCs would be great. Even better than it would be for player characters, because people could just make the NPCs weaker/slower/dumber just to keep their characters alive.))

Glitter

"Congratulations if you're alive! In honor of the only 8 tributes left in the arena, a feast will be held. This feast will have the most important item you need. It'll be held out by the cornucopia."

Well, that would be interesting. It was great that it would be held at the Cornucopia, because that way she didn't have to travel. Always a plus when you had previously almost bled to death. But what did she need? She needed all of the not-people to be dead so that she could get out of the arena. Unfortunately, that probably didn't count as an item. What items could she use?

She had food, water, bandages, shelter, and weapons. Medicine for her shoulder would be helpful if it started to become infected, but so far it seemed to be okay due to careful cleaning. It didn't hurt so much that it was a problem, so painkillers would be less than helpful. Armor, maybe? It would have to be very light to let her keep the small amount of agility she had. Glitter really wasn't a fan of becoming a walking tank that could be easily wrestled to the ground and killed with a dagger or just stabbed in the face. When the inevitable Career betrayal happened (if they didn't all die first) Christian could easily kill her if she wasn't fast enough to put some distance between him and her before shooting him to death.

She didn't have perfect accuracy with her arrows. It was helpful that she had at least some skill with the most game-breaking weapon in the arena (seriously, what were the Gamemakers thinking?) but if she missed, and then she couldn't shoot another arrow fast enough... Well, then the obvious solution would be to not miss. Explosive arrows, maybe? Those would probably be the most helpful thing that she could get.

Spotting movement out of the corner of her eyes, Glitter tensed and turned to look at whatever it was. Fortunately, it was just Buck and Christian. "Glad to see that you didn't die horribly. Who died?" she asked when they had reached the Cornucopia. She had been slightly worried at the sound of the cannons - less competition was great, but if both of her allies died she'd have to abandon the Cornucopia. It was too easy of a target if their was only one person there.

(If both of my chars are still alive when mutts come, Ellis will be the victim of them. Also, I think why people voted for the D8 girl is because she is unnamed, and has gone through the worst wounds more than the other alive tributes. If an NPC Wins... that will be awkward. So now number rule applies to the D8 tributes as well.)

"The District 3 Girl, and the District 11 Girl." Buck replied. Still he had to worry about the District 7 and District 9 males. They probably had wires set up all over the place.

((I think I'm changing Christian from a depressed sod to a crazy sadistic lunatic tongue.gif))

Christian cackled loudly as he reached the cornucopia, he spun around to Buck who was panting behind him, he grinned widely began panting himself,

"So, I guess you'll die tonight Buck! I'm sorry but, rules are rules! And I obviously didn't make them," He chuckled, these games were bringing out the happier side of him, he enjoyed this.

He walked proudly over to the stack of bags and picked one up, he winced slightly as the rocks cracked against his back,

"I'm going to wear this bag just to fool any idiots into thinking that these bags have something in them," he schemed openly, "What do you think will be at the Feast?"

He cringed at the sudden smell of rotting blood again, he looked to the coagulated mess where the career had laid and glanced expectantly at Glitter,

"You really didn't think to clean that up?" he questioned "That, is going to lure any animal within a mile radius, especially when those mutt things come."

(How does Christian know about the mutts? This is the first hunger games, weeks after the rebellion.)

Buck looked at the blood pile. "More deer if it attracts animals." Buck said looking down. Not many tributes left. He sat... watching the sun set. Gamemakers seemed to be rushing things, as usual. When it darkened, a podium rose from the ground, with 7 bags numbered for what district they were meant for. Problem. Both District 8 Tributes were back, and the male had recovered, and the Female only had a missing eye. They probably were sponsored. Even worse, the District 7 Male came out from the bushes wielding an ax. 3 on 3. One bloody feast was about to come. Then, at once, both D8 tributes ran for their bag, and Ellis for his. Buck grabbed the bag labeled "6" and put it on his back, readying his spear for the oncoming tributes.

(Contents for each char!

Glitter: 5 Explosive arrows that are not retrievable.

Buck: Full body armor.

Ellis: 3 land mines.

Chrisitan: Armor with sharp gauntlets.

Andrew: A knife replica, and a trap kit.

Mel: Bow and Arrows, medicine.

District 8 Male and Female: Flaming sword for male, and flaming ax for female.

Please tell me if District 8's Items are too op...)

Edited by BoomSALMON

((I don't think that D8's items are OP at all. Flaming weapons sound like something that, even if they did burn forever somehow, would be heavy (fuel), hard to use, distracting, and very likely to burn your own face and hands off.

((Ooh, and are the mutts going to be like the ones in the 74th Hunger Games? In which case, it would be awesome if the Pixelle mutt killed Ellis.

((One last thing; for the 2nd Hunger Games, I have a plan for the two D1 characters. Can I reserve them?))

Glitter

"I'm going to wear this bag just to fool any idiots into thinking that these bags have something in them."

Well, that's smart, thought Glitter. "Why not just take the rocks out, or actually put something useful into the bag?" she asked aloud, a hint of annoyance in her voice. Rocks would just slow him down and hurt his back.

"You really didn't think to clean that up? That's going to lure any animal within a mile radius."

Glitter winced. True, she should have cleaned up, but she definitely hadn't wanted to. It was gross and sticky and smelled of rot and death. It had been so easy to just ignore the blood filling the air with it's rancid odor, and focus on watching for the competition and making sure that her wound didn't open up again and spill out all of her blood. Noticing the blood meant remembering that someone had died, and that was something that she couldn't afford to do. Killing a person could break her, and she didn't want to be broken. Thus, she purposely forgot that everyone else in the arena was also a person.

"You guys weren't gone for that long," she said, trying to make up an excuse while simultaneously keeping the lies out of her voice. "I had to watch for other tributes. That was my job, remember?" And my shoulder is injured, so I really didn't want to move it more than I had to, she thought, but left that out.

"More deer if it attracts animals," Buck said.

"Seriously? Why would a deer be attracted to the smell of rotting blood?" Glitter raised her eyebrows in annoyance.

The sky blazed orange as the shadows lengthened and the sun sunk below the forest. The scene could of been out of a fantasy novel, if they were being attacked by a hoard of orcs instead of a few underweight teenagers. Quickly, Glitter grabbed her bag and ripped it open, revealing a quiver full of five explosive arrows. Sweet. Drawing back her bowstring, Glitter considered shooting the D8 male, as he was a bigger threat than the one-eyed female, but chose to let it fly towards in female out of revenge. She let the arrow fly, and the razor-sharp tip slashed a gash on the side of the girl's head, cutting away a bit of her hair, but didn't cause any serious damage. Annoyed, she nocked another arrow.

(Yep. Doubt Ellis is going to survive the feast, but if he does and Buck is alive, the Pixelle mutt will deal the final blow to him. Yes backup, both District 1 Tributes are yours. Got an arena plan for the 2nd games... a grassland and pond with many series of traps.)

The District 8 Female threw an ax to return fire at Glitter, while the District 8 Male charged Buck. Buck knocked down the D8 Male, and attempted to stab his chest, but the male rolled and Buck just stabbed dirt. He pulled out his sword, and fought with the District 8 Male, who seemed to know how to use a sword as well, maybe even, better than Buck. Ellis aimed a chop for Christian who was in the way of his bag.

Edited by BoomSALMON

(...That's right. Mel's the only non-career... I just realized that now...Mel's not going to be winning this any time soon will she? xd.png Also, after this roleplay ends, will there be another? *puppy eyes*))

(Also, my posting may slow down- It shouldn’t but it might. If I’m gone for too long just message me and I should be able to reply soon.))

Mel sat down in her little cave and thought about the feast. She should have gone. It was too late now though. She knew that there were probably people at the cornucopia and had probably taken her items.

Mel thought about making a fire inside the cave, the flames would be hidden. But the smoke would still escape out of the mouth of the cave. Night was starting to rule the sky and the temperature dropped. Mel shivered and gathered brush and leaves to make a cover for her cold body. She used her pack as a pillow and left the cave. She set out the plastic bag from the nuts once more for water; the rivers and streams where too dangerous to risk dinking from. There might be poison. And even if it didn’t it would still be too dirty. That’s something Mel wished she learned before she came. She wanted to know how to filter water. She knew you could boil it but again, a fire was too risky... But the tributes would be fighting, and the entrance was small. Smoke would clear through over an amount of time so Mel would still get air. At night you probably wouldn’t be able to see the smoke. Mel decided that once night settled it would be safe enough to make a fire. For now, she gathered dry brush and piled it against the wall of the cave. She covered herself in leaves and plants and only hopes they weren’t poisonous.

((Crap. I ran the number generator, and Glitter lost. Do I have to kill her, or can she survive a bit longer?))

Glitter

Her shoulder burned like it was on fire, and she could feel blood soaking the once-clean bandages she had put on it. The D8 girl threw an ax that spun and glittered red in the fading light towards her head. Quickly, Glitter dodged to the side to avoid it, letting her arrow fly in the process and missing. By now the D8 girl was too close for Glitter's bow to be an effective weapon, so she dropped it and drew two long daggers. The D8 girl swung her ax at Glitter's side, and Glitter feinted with one dagger and stabbed at the girl's remaining eye with her other dagger.

Edited by Backup77

(Really? Glitter lost? Well... she can live a little longer... but she will sadly have to die. She'll get enough time to say final words. ON the plus side, you can sponsor who you want to win. Tell me you'll be in the second one... you've made these games a great experience for us all. You told the truth. You didn't lie and say Glitter won. So come back in the 2nd games if you can.)

The District 8 Female grabbed the arm, before she lost her only eye. Then she hit Glitter in her chest with a battle ax. She grabbed her bag and ran, and her district partner ran also. Buck chased them away, and then let Christian fight Ellis. He walked over to Glitter. Looking down, with almost a pained look, he whispered only audible to Glitter "I still don't trust Christian." and then he opened his bag and put on the full body armor. He searched District 2's bag. A bunch of arrows and a bow. Useless.

((Of course I'll come back for the second games! I think that this RP is the only one that I've managed to stay active for. It's been a lot of fun.))

Glitter

A fierce joy filled Glitter when she took out her rivals remaining eye. This, unfortunately, was filled with horror as she felt the ax sink into her chest.

She collapsed to the ground, unable to keep herself standing any longer. Each gasp was a new burst of pain, and she knew that death by blood loss was inevitable by the fact that she couldn't seem to think properly. That was wrong. "I... I'm... dead?" she said with difficulty. The words didn't make any sense. Of course she wasn't dead yet; dead people couldn't talk. Talking was a sign of being alive.

"I still don't trust Christian."

"Hehe..." Glitter laughed weakly. "You're a smart one, aren't you?"

None of it was right. She had to win; it was something she planned from the beginning. Her plans weren't supposed to go wrong, especially not important plans, such as 'don't die'. That was an important plan. How could the not-people possibly beat her? It wasn't fair. Not fair. Never fair. Dying was not fair. Important plans had to work. Games were never fair.

With those last thoughts, Glitter slipped into unconsciousness. It was a relief; the pain had seemed unbearable. A few seconds later, a cannon went off.

((Wow. Both of my characters died before any other active characters. Oh, well. Now I get two mutts to control! Mwha-haha!))

Edited by Backup77