BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pixelle

The girl had a sword. Swords were bad, very bad, dangerous things. And then the girl growled, making the hairs on the back of Pixelle's neck stand up. At this point Pixelle would have run, wanted to run, should run, but she was rooted to the spot in terror.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Are you going to attack or what?"

Pixelle laughed nervously, obviously terrified. This girl actually thought that she, the girl from D3 who was only good at running and memorizing things, and was already having problems with nightmares, was going to attack a D2 girl with a sword? What was the girl thinking? Maybe she couldn't use a sword, or was scared and just trying to look intimidating, but that didn't matter. She could still easily beat Pixelle in a fight, and even if she couldn't Pixelle couldn't tell her terrified brain that it was okay, that the girl wouldn't attack. She had to run. Maybe she could talk for awhile and surprise the girl by running suddenly, or there was a tripwire in between them... no, the girl's eyes flickered towards it. If she knew about the tripwire, it wouldn't do much good, and Pixelle didn't want to see another person die, didn't want more nightmares.

The D2 girl's hardened face softened a bit, and she lowered her sword. That didn't mean anything. She could still beat her in a fight, it could all be a trick to make Pixelle lower her guard. “You’re the district three girl, aren’t you?”

"Yes," Pixelle replied, her voice shaking. "Pixelle." Try to remain calm, try to remain calm...

“Your district partner is dead isn’t he? You didn’t have any attachment to him did you?”

Pixelle closed her eyes tightly to try to block the flashback of screams and axes and wooden spikes. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Closing her eyes when there was a potential enemy standing right there, who could slash her head off? She opened them as quickly as she could, blinking. "Yes. He's dead." She could see the tears of fear blurring her vision. "No... I didn't know him." Finally, Pixelle mustered up the courage to say something that wasn't a direct reply to a question. "Yours is dead, too, right?" Maybe it would be alright. Maybe the D2 girl wouldn't kill her, and she'd let her live, and she could survive a few more hours...

And then the cannon fired.

Startled and already terrified from fear, Pixelle bolted away from the D2 girl. She managed to remember where a few traps were, leaping over two tripwires, but she forgot about one, and fell to the ground. Immediately a weighted net seemed to come from nowhere- a hidden compartment under the ground, probably- and wrapped itself around Pixelle. Frantically, Pixelle took out her good knife and started to cut at the ropes. Not fast enough, not fast enough, the D2 girl would catch her...

Edited by Backup77

((Sorry to ask but can everyone just give me one word telling me where they are currently located? I just lost track of almost everyone’s characters.))

“She’s crying. Maybe she really is scared. Who wouldn’t be? No! No I can’t afford to think like that. Should I try and kill her? No, she might be withholding some sort of power. She hasn’t attacked yet, but should I really wait?”

As options flipped through Mel’s mind the girl answered back. Her name was Pixelle. Her district partner was dead too. She asked if Mel’s partner was dead as well. “Yeah. But I didn’t know him. As cold as it is I couldn’t really care too much if I tried. So then I take it you’re-”

A cannon fired, its loud sound rippled through the air causing Mel to cover her ears. The D3 girl ran off. Mel sighed; maybe she should have killed her. It would be less competition. This was the hunger games after all.

But if she really was that weak the weather and nature would slowly pick her apart herself. It would only be a matter of time.

Mel thought about going after the girl and killing her for the fifth time within the last couple of seconds. Maybe she could just demand the girl give her all her possessions in payment for her life. But that seemed wrong. That didn’t seem like something Mel would do. If anything Mel was not going to turn into a complete monster. Not here in this forsaken dome. She walked down the path she saw the girl take. Maybe just a trade would be in order. Mel needed medicine in case of injury but she didn’t know if medicine was even obtainable here. More water would be good. Then again so would food or a better weapon.

It wasn’t long until Mel found the girl on the ground furiously cutting away at the ropes.

“Hey. Um… hi, again?”

Wow, you’re in a dome full of people who want to kill you, everyone’s life is at stake. These could be your last words, and that’s what you say? Great! Next you can try and become a comedian and try and make everyone laugh to death.

Mel kneeled down but didn’t get too close to the girl. “Look I’m willing to trade. We’ll go over what we have and we’ll see what we want. Deal?”

Mel mostly wanted a bow with a couple arrows. She really hoped for one. Even a crossbow would be great! She didn’t know how to use a cross bow as much as a normal bow but it was better then something she couldn’t even lift.

“I’m looking for more water, food, any type of weapon, mostly a bow, and maybe just some general knowledge about anything.”

Mel left out details about what she had. If she had something this person wanted badly it could motivate her to kill her and take her things.

(Funny how the chars ignore the torrents of rain. Guess they were all hardy. Oh and your chars are in the trapped village.)

The storm started to blow trees over. This forest was not the greatest place to be, but it was also nighttime. He ran, to get away from the forest trying to not get crushed by all the falling trees. He thought of all the dead not seeing such a storm... and then thought of the District 10 Male, probably seeking shelter from it. Then the District 8 Tributes, holding it out with their wounds. Then the careers, cozy in the cornucopia. He remembered the mad dog District 6 Male, striking down tributes. The fierce District 1 Female. The District 12 Male, though, he feared the worst. He was the most unknown of the three remaining careers. All he knew that this one used his fists.

((Sorry i forgot about the rain. I was busy trying to make sure my character's actions fit in with what was happening. And i know my character is in the trapped village, i'm talking about everyone elces. happy.gif )

(Well, Christian, Glitter, and Buck are in the cornucopia, Ellis is by the small forest to the west, Andrew is in the big forest across the dangerous river, Mia is in the tree... The District 8 Tributes are camped out by the lake and mountain. Pixelle is with Mel. Only 10 tributes left! Good Luck Districts 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 12!)

((Luckily I copied this post to a word document, my internet cut out just as I was posting it.))

Andrew became slightly concerned as the rain began penetrating the canopy of leaves above him,

"****," he muttered under his breath.

His makeshift ropes were dampened by the rain, that would make them more sensitive, lucky him, he guessed. His fire began to flicker and darken due to the rain slowly putting it out, he quickly rushed over to the fire and began fanning it heavily, the flame brightened but didn't grow, he would need that fire in order to sustain his body temperature. he ran towards a nearby tree and took a fern frond from a pile of dry leaves, he held the frond over the fire for a moment, then used his knife to cut slots and hole within the frond and finally put it over the fire, the flames licked through the slots he made and the sections with holes moved in and out as they exchanged oxygen and carbon dioxide. Andrew smirked at his own genius, he had created the illusion of a breathing leave which would scare if not confuse anybody that came around. He confused the cannon blast with a lightning strike, he began to worry about the wind, it was blowing over trees in the distance and striking in areas that were a little too close for comfort. He realised his mistake too late, as the trees nearby the clearing fell, the top of a tree crushed the ring he made in the centre of the clearing, instantly all the wires snapped back and launched a volley of darts. Instinctively he dived to his stomach and shielded his neck with his hands, a few darts hit the tree closest to him with loud clanks. Once he was satisfied that the barrage had ended, he stood up and walked around, his entire elaborate trap was just ruined in a few moments, absolutely no trap was left not triggered, the wire bows dangled from the trees.

"****"

((I'll post Christian's l8r))

As Ellis ran, he was ambushed by the District 8 Male. Fitting, a fight in a meadow during a storm. The wind howled, thunder crackled as lightning illuminated the night sky. Rain poured. The boy nicked his fore arm but Ellis hit him with the blunt of the ax. The boy staggered and Ellis seized the chance to escape. Why? The female was coming to help the male. He couldn't take on them both. They soon returned to their shelters as he looked for one himself. He was near the mountain. So he started to dig into with his small shovel. The work and effort kept him warm. He'd have himself a dug in hole into the mountain. Then he could wait out the other tributes without shelter.

(Happy Halloween! And to make it more fitting where I live, a huge storm is moving in.)

((Happy Hallowen everyone!

((Sorry, forgot about the rain and doom. I guess Pixelle should be hiding inside right now, but whatever.))

Pixelle

She was trapped by one of the traps that she intended to use against the enemy. Great. And now she would die because of it. And even if she didn't, her chances of getting a sponsor to help her were at about zero. Not like anyone would have sponsored her at any point in the Games. People didn't sponsor cowards. But that wasn't something she should have devoted the tiniest fraction of her brain to; not when she was almost certainly about to die.

So she kept cutting at the ropes furiously as the D2 girl walked calmly towards her. Guess the traps that I dodged on the way didn't help much, she thought as she felt the tiniest bit of hope her terrified mind had had slipping away. The falling rain made everything dark and cold. She was going to die, trapped and helpless, her blood staining the ground until the freezing rain washed it away.

“Hey. Um… hi, again?”

Well, that wasn't what Pixelle expected. The sound of the girl's sword slashing through the rain and stabbing into her heart would have made sense. Maybe some threatening one-liner first. Not a casual 'hi again'. Pixelle tried to shrink back away from the girl, but the rope net made that impossible. She stopped trying to cut away that the net; there wasn't a point anymore. Even if the net magically disappeared instantly, she'd be dead before she could even stand up. Maybe she could talk her way out. The girl didn't seem very threatening, and while it could have been a trick, Pixelle couldn't see a point. She was at the girl's mercy now, and trying to trick Pixelle would just be wasting time. Briefly Pixelle thought about throwing her knife at the D2 girl, but the D2 girl would certainly be able to kill her before she died, even if Pixelle did manage to hit her at all. At she couldn't do that. Not after the Bloodbath.

“Look I’m willing to trade. We’ll go over what we have and we’ll see what we want. Deal?"

"Okay," Pixelle managed to say. She didn't know what she could possibly have that the girl could want, but making a deal with the girl was her only chance.

“I’m looking for more food, any type of weapon, mostly a bow, and maybe just some general knowledge about anything.”

Knowledge, food, and a weapon. Okay. Pixelle had lots of food, assuming all of the houses in the village had food. The others... well, she had a bit of knowledge about the arena. She knew where a few traps were, and how to make a few more. She had knives, but knives weren't special. Maybe there would be a bow somewhere in the village, and she was planning on exploring anyway, so maybe she could find a bow for the D2 girl. Giving the enemy the most game-breaking weapon in the arena probably wasn't the best idea, but it was her only chance. She took a few deep breaths before speaking, trying to calm herself down.

"I can get food easily, I think. I know where a few traps are." She paused for a second. "And I can get knives. I haven't seen a bow, but I might be able to find one somewhere in here." Pixelle was careful not to actually tell the girl anything. It would be best not to outlive her usefulness too soon, if she could help it.

Edited by Backup77

“Deal.”

Mel got her sword and started to cut away at the ropes. She spotted the knives that Pixelle had and became wary of them, but not afraid. “I have a couple tricks and tips I can give you. I have an ally here; if you want I can talk to her later and see if she agrees to not killing you. I’m willing to trade my weapon if you find a bow, and I’m fast so I can offer you a distraction if someone comes along. So obviously I don’t have much in terms of items or food, but I have much more I can offer that will help in the long run.”

Mel finished cutting the ropes on the net and held out her hand to help Pixelle up. “My name is Mel, and as you know I’m from district two. Now let’s get out of this rain or we’ll die of the cold. Wouldn’t that be pathetic?”

Mel stood up and walked to a door. She knocked on it and listened for anything unusual. There was a loud noise like a heavy object being thrown at the door. Mel opened it before stepping to the side quickly. The traps here where very sensitive, when Mel knocked on the door it send a vibration through the walls, activating a sensor that activated a sling that was aimed at the door. It threw whatever hit the wall hard enough to kill someone if it made contact with Mel’s head or neck.

“Watch your step,” Mel Muttered.

Ellis dug furiously until he was satisfied. He planted a tripwire and wooden spikes at the entrance of the hole, ready to wait out the storm. He could tell the sky was lightening. Day 3 was beginning. The wind and rain lightened to a steady drizzle and the thunder and lightning stopped. The capitol must have wanted to start out this new hunger games with constant rain. At least thunder and lightning stopped. Just rain. Trees stopped falling, and when Ellis carefully navigated out of his hole by stepping over his spikes and wire, he looked outside. Most of the pines on the mountain had blown over. A few small oaks in the little forest had gone down. The big forest suffered no damage, surprisingly. Fish were washed up on the lake shore. That made the District 8 Tributes happy, having a food supply till the end. They still were banged up pretty bad, but there minor wounds were healed. Though the eye wound and arrow wound on the female were severe. The 8 Male only had his stomach wound from a sword. Then with light rain.... careers would see it fit to hunt down the last tributes. Ellis eyed the gleaming cornucopia. The 6 Male started to come out, looking rested. He grabbed a spear. What the 6 Male was saying to the 1 Female he couldn't make out.

Buck stretched and yawned. So his careers weren't sleep time throat slitting cowards "By the looks of it, only 10 Tributes. Sadly that storm didn't kill a single tribute. Though trap makers from 7 and 9. their traps would be destroyed. We should hunt with this opportunity. But with the Death of the 1 Male, who will be guarding our supplies?" Buck said giving a glance at Glitter.

Christian shivered heavily as Buck spoke, he had stood out in the rain most of his watch and was soaking wet after the fire had been put out by the virtual typhoon. He walked over to Buck and stood close to him,

"Don't look now, but we're being watched, he's upon the mountain inside a cave," he shrugged in Ellis' general direction, "He had a scuffle with the D8 male so he may be a little tired." He then turned to face both Buck and glitter,

"Realistically, the only 'threats' would be the two trap makers, we have that guy in his little hidey hole and a guy across the river," he sighed "I haven't gone out in a while so I'm definitely going, you two can decide which one of you goes."

----------------

Andrew squatted in the remains of his trap, he gathered the bows and darts and put them in his backpack. He set a simple tripwire trap by his campfire with another apple bait on a spit roasting after the trip, he walked deeper into the forest, collecting the game from his snares and materials from the fallen trees, he collected the wire from the snares and set a hangman trap, a wire noose that lead up to a pulley over a branch to a rock which was tied to a tree. He then walked and set up multiple dart traps and began gutting and consuming his edible game.

Glitter

"Well, I think that I'd be the best for guarding the supplies," Glitter said calmly. After resting, she felt much better. Her shoulder still hurt a little, but she would still be able to shoot, even if her accuracy was off a little bit. "As far as we know, the only ones that teamed up were the D8 tributes, and they're out of the picture. There could be other alliances, but it's unlikely that any of them would really be a threat. The Cornucopia is surrounded by a meadow, which would make it easy for me to pick off anyone that even tries to get close." Adding to that, Glitter didn't really want to go out in the rain with an injured shoulder. Trees, like the ones across the river, made it more difficult to shoot, and if they ambushed the D7 male in his cave her bow would be completely useless. Close combat with a dagger was not fun, as she had found out when she fought the D8 girl.

Pixelle

“Deal.”

Yay, maybe she wouldn't be killed immediately. Pixelle managed not to panic more as the D2 girl started to cut away that the ropes. Skewering herself on the sword of someone who was trying to help her would be a very embarrassing way to die- not to mention painful. Again she thought of attacking the D2 girl with her knife- now she was close enough that she could stab her- but would probably get her head chopped open as soon as she moved her knife. Like what happened to her district partner... And she couldn't do it. Couldn't bear more nightmares of guts and blood spilling everywhere.

“I have a couple tricks and tips I can give you. I have an ally here; if you want I can talk to her later and see if she agrees to not killing you.”

Pixelle felt very wary when she heard that the D2 girl already had an ally, and even more wary at the implication that said ally might try to kill her. If the D2 girl already had an ally, then she would need Pixelle even less. Pixelle found herself hoping that the D2 girl's ally would die soon. It was a horrible thought, but the girl's ally dieing could be beneficial by making Pixelle more useful to the D2 girl.

I’m willing to trade my weapon if you find a bow, and I’m fast so I can offer you a distraction if someone comes along. So obviously I don’t have much in terms of items or food, but I have much more I can offer that will help in the long run."

"Bet I'm faster," muttered Pixelle quietly, before immediately getting mad at herself. Stupid, stupid. Acting all superior to a girl that could easily kill her. Although, maybe it would make her seem more useful, or more like someone who could defend herself against an attack.

“My name is Mel, and as you know I’m from district two. Now let’s get out of this rain or we’ll die of the cold. Wouldn’t that be pathetic?”

Yes, it would be pathetic. Pixelle wasn't even sure why she decided that looking for traps in the rain was a good idea. Pixelle stood up and shook the rope scraps off of her jacket. As an afterthought, she picked up the cut up ropes and put them in her backpack. She thought about running- she really, really wanted to run and hide- but knew that it was a bad idea. She followed Mel to a door, stepping where she had stepped just in case. Mel knocked on the door, activating a trap. That was a good idea, and Pixelle felt a bit unhappy at not thinking of it herself. She obviously wasn't as clever as she thought she was. "Wait," she said before stepping into the house. She could see the faint outline of a trap behind the door. If was probably attached to a weapon of some kind, like the sling trap and the crossbow trap. She picked up a few rocks and threw them all over the room to check for traps, before pointing to the pressure plate on the ground and stepping over it.

"Let's go Christian. My spear is thirsty for kills. Bet your hands are too." Buck said grinning. These games didn't scare him, but he was keeping track of his kills. 3.

Ellis saw the District 6 Male and District 12 Male start to go hunt, leaving the 1 Female to guard the supplies. If Ellis could get his hands on a throwing ax, then he would be able to rival the 1 Females ranged weapon skills. His weapon though was just a common ax for cutting wood, with one side flat and blunt and the other sharp and edged. One good for mercy, one good for killing. Though they both had that ability. He decided to not tangle with the 1 Female, as yes he probably had more strength, but couldn't reach her before being shot in the neck.

Christian stretched his joints, he was ready to kill someone, he clenched his fists expectantly and grinned widely at Buck, he jogged after him, keeping pace up with him, but remaining 2 steps behind him at all times.

"So, who are we going for first?" He questioned,

Buck thought. "Well... how about we check the trapped village. But watch your step..." he said. He then headed toward that direction.

(This rp deserves a wikia. I'll give you all the link when its done.)

(Wow a wikia hu? Lol can't wait to see it. And this post is short, so I apologize. I'm tired. tongue.gif)

Mel walked into the room, avoiding the pressure plate on the ground and sneaking her way across the room. She was dripping wet and tired, and just wanted to get some more energy so she could survive. Because of the storm, most of the light had been blotted out by the clouds and rain, Mel had to try really hard to see.

She felt something snap on her toe. Her heart stopped and she quickly stepped to the side, realizing it was probably a trip wire.

She heard something slice through the air before she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder. She nearly screamed in pain but instead just grunted and fell to her knees. She cursed under her breath and applied pressure to her shoulder. She started to whimper to herself in an attempt to speak silently to calm her. "No. I'm strong, I can do this. I can get over this. It's just a shoulder. It's just a- argh! It hurts so much!"

Well that plan went down the drain. “Stay calm,” she said. “I can do this,” she said.

"Pixelle, how long have you been here? Do you know if the water from the sink is safe?"

Blood started to drench her sleeve. She took deep and slow breaths. The worst thing you can do in any emergency is panic. She had to calm herself down. Okay priorities, priorities… wash the wound with clean water, wrap it up and stop the bleeding. Don’t use the shoulder.

She pulled off the pack from her back and grabbed her sword. She cut one of the straps off and started to cut it into thinner strips. She could make a bandage. The backpack's straps weren’t cloth but it was a material similar to it. It wasn't ideal but she decided to use her backpack instead of her clothes, clothes where the only thing keeping her warm.

(Halfway done! Click here for wikia! Be sure to add your chars in.)

Edited by BoomSALMON

(I like how under the picture is says; 'Added by YourFavoriteSalmon'. Lol! Anyways, i'll probably add in my char later. [As i'm not even supposed to be on right now. >.>])

(Got Joshua and Bennet since there owners don't peek at this thread anymore. Wonder where kingcobra has went... all NPCS are added too. The arena and career pack pages were also added.)

Ellis went hunting. Tracking the district 3 Female. He had killed her district partner, and she was next.

((*raises hand* I have a question! D: So i know that the rule is that if two characters fight, the two people have to guess a number. Whatever is closest to what you're thinking survives. But what if there's an obvious disadtantage? Something like this: "Mel is caught in a net surrounded by spiders of death and horror while losing blood because she was shot in the face with a bazooka twelve times" then we guess a number, blah blah blah, and let's say i won. Then would it be something like, "Mel somehow removes the net with an unknown magical force, heals herself, all the spiders die, and her blood has magically been sucked back into her face, because, you know, forget logic, and then stabs 'so and so' in the face twenty times and wins the fight." I just have a problem with imagining that. I'm not complaining, but i just want to know how we would fix a problem like that. Of course, i don't expect something like my example to happen, but... well you know. Also sorry for my long and boring message. Also forgive any spelling errors. I can't use spellcheck right now.))

Edited by Shyrus

(You have a point... if on the brink of death IE struck by lightning, halfway crushed by tree, mortally wounded etc then forget the number... if the near death one wins then they can escape, but not kill.)

(Okay, that sounds fair to me! Thanks.)

Pixelle

Okay, everything was fine for now. Rain wasn't pouring on her head, she probably had food, and the rain didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon, so she probably had water. She did have an 'ally' that was probably plotting to kill her, and there were teenagers that were trying to kill her, and she was trapped in a giant arena created specifically by an evil, oppressive government to force said teenagers to kill each other for entertainment. It really wasn't fine at all. Pixelle felt like breaking down and crying because of everything that had happened to her, not to mention what was happening to all of the others in the Games. But at least now it was better, and-

Swish! Pixelle ducked instinctively at the sound of something sharp slashing through the air, then quickly got up in panic at the sickening sound of tearing flesh. Mel was kneeling on the ground, blood dripping from a wound on her shoulder. Oh, bad, bad, bad, that was bad. Her ally getting hurt was another brutal reminder of all of the traps in the village, and how one was never really safe from them. Traps weren't something that you could run from. Traps were something that you ran into.

But thinking about the dangers of the arena wouldn't help Mel. Quickly checking the ground for more traps, took her backpack off and put it on the ground, digging in it for the cloth strips that she found in the backpack earlier. Matches, a bit of food, her water bottle, lots of cut up pieces of rope... where were they? Her panic certainly wasn't helping as she rummaged through the backpack.

"Pixelle, how long have you been here? Do you know if the water from the sink is safe?"

"No," Pixelle said, still searching. There seemed to be blood everywhere now, soaking through Mel's shirt. Blood. There always seemed to be blood when people died, like when the blood stained the flying silver knife red, or when her district partner's head got slashed open. There had been so much blood then... Focus. By now Mel was cutting up her backpack to use as a band aid. "I don't know if it's safe. The last house I was in didn't have a sink. But the rainwater's safe. I think." Horrible images of parasites and slow-acting poisons flashed in her mind. Would that be entertaining? Watching a tribute die after a week of living with a worm in their intestines that was sucking out all of his/her energy, without said tribute even knowing about the parasite? Probably. The Capitol audience obviously didn't care about what horrible things happened to the tributes. Pixelle took a deep, shuddering breath. "The food should also be safe. I don't trust the bed. It would be too easy to hide a weight-activated bomb in there." Finally, Pixelle found the cloth strips in her backpack. "Here," she said, handing the strips to Mel and trying not to look at all of the blood.

If they didn’t know for sure that the water was safe Mel didn’t want to risk it. Maybe she could use the spare water to clear her wound? No, no water was too valuable to lose. Pixelle looked more frantic then Mel would imagine. After all, Mel was the one with the arrow in her shoulder, not Pixelle.

Keeping pressure on the wound Mel tried to think clearly but couldn’t find any solutions to their current problem. Pixelle handed Mel some sort of cloth; wait, no, not cloth but bandages. At first Mel thought of declining them, she could carry on without them. But then she remembered where they were, what they were doing, and how any little bit helps. She took the bandages quickly and wrapped them around her arm.”Thanks. I promise I’ll repay you later.” Did she have to take the arrow out? Mel didn’t know what to do in a case like this. She decided the better thing to do was to slowly pull out the arrow. It would start to bleed again, but a bit at a time was better than all at once. If she could stop the bleeding periodically she should be okay, right?

No, or course not, but she didn’t know what else to do. She gripped the arrow tightly in her hand. “Pixelle, I’m going to attempt to pull out the arrow slowly. I need you to check if it went all the way through my shoulder if it did, I need you to cut off the arrowhead, and anything else.” Mel took another deep breath trying to calm herself down more, but the pain was harsh and Mel wasn’t very good with handling physical pain. “And hey, if we find the bow? We have a free arrow to go with it, right?” Mel tried joking to help her and maybe even Pixelle feel better, but it didn’t seem to help much.