BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Lol, I forgot my two people, I need to go back and re-read their character sheet xd.png, and Salmon, did you mean the 12 male for the strong ones? or did you forget Christian?))

Andrew looked around expectantly, he began sizing up all the other tributes and assessing their body language to determine what their "intentions" were. He specifically noticed Buck, who looked more like a crazed hyena then a tribute about to face the most dangerous experience in their life. His heart began to pound as he looked to the cornucopia for his dagger, they had... relieved him of before the games had start, they had to freeze him in a field then forcibly remove it from his frozen joints just before he ascended, he was in a slightly agitated mood due to this fact. One would notice numerous facial ticks coming from Andrew as he realised the location of his precious dagger, up for grabs in the centre of the cornucopia, he began rapidly exhaling while shaking and looking at that dagger, the thought of someone else holding the dagger flashing in his mind. The bell rang and his actions were instinct, within a few moments he was already coming up on the cornucopia, he realised in surprise as Pixelle, the tribute from district 3, had almost beaten him to the cornucopia, Andrew looked for a safe path to the centre of the cornucopia. He jumped up on a stack of bags, hopped over Ellis, who seemed to be struggling to obtain a backpack from a district 4 tribute and landed safely next to his dagger, he grabbed the dagger and the nearest bag and was off, running towards the forest he saw, knowing what to do.

------------------

Christian solemnly looked at his feet, he never realised that the beginning would be so boring, he looked around then to see what his opposition was, he looked over to his district 12 comrade, who he had boosted the score of in training to help him to be able to succeed, he gave her a re-assuring glare and then looked to the cornucopia, which he looked expectantly towards a bag that had seemed to make a large dent within the pile it was in, as the gong rang, he watched the district 12 female run to the cornucopia to grab a bag, big mistake, she was smashed over the head by Ellis, he became frustrated with this and he ran towards the bag he had spotted. He didn't even look inside, he ran over to protect his comrade who was fighting for a bag, he picked up a large stone near her and threw it at Ellis, which made a large crack on the tree he ran past. He cursed to himself and turned, smiling wickedly towards the district 7 female who was fighting his comrade, she looked in shock and dropped the bag into her hands, Christian drove a forceful right hook into the side of her head, resounding a large crack as her neck snapped, the district 12 female ran awkwardly in the general direction of the trapped village, Christian stretched his neck as he walked openly towards Buck, with his arms extended in greeting.

"Hey bud! wanna hunt down some people?" He welcomed, "I saw that district 9 kid run over to the river. We could go get him?"

Glitter

She had the arrows, good. All of her allies were busy, and couldn't stop for a second to help her. Fine, fine. Maybe she shouldn't have expected help. Glitter kept running until she reached the bow, fortunately avoiding dying or get seriously injured. Ignore everything else. You don't need it. Once she had it firmly in her grasp, she ran as fast as she could back away from the Bloodbath. So many tributes had already escaped... she tried to keep note of where they were running, so that she could kill them later. Finally, she got far enough from the Bloodbath and began shooting arrows. None of them seemed to hit. Glitter growled in frustration. Sure, the other tributes were far away, but she should be able to do better than that. Finally, she shot one towards the District 9 male and watched it arc towards him.

Pixelle

Oh, she didn't expect it to be that bad. She didn't expect that much blood, not that much death. She never would have run anywhere close to the Cornucopia if she knew that it would be that bad. People were screaming, and dying, and she couldn't count to cannons. There were too many of them, too many people. Stop worrying. Just keep running, running, always running. She was almost away from the Bloodbath, just a few more feet, and-

She fell to the ground, hard, got the wind knocked out of her, and badly bruised her ribs on a rock. She felt like the rock had broken through her skin and she was bleeding, but there was no way to tell with the pouring rain and the smell of blood that filled the air. It hurt, it hurt so much, but she had to get up, had to run, she was going to die there, in the mud- No, no, no! Can't die, can't die, can't die, because then you'll be dead! Shakily, she got to her feet. She could barely breath, and she could hear movement behind her...

It was the District 6 female. She was coming at her with a sword in one hand and a backpack by the other hand, and there was a murderous glint in her eyes.

NO! The bread and meat had been knocked out of her hands when she fell, but she still had the knives.

Knives were weapons.

She threw one of the throwing knives back at the District 6 girl as hard as she could. Blood splattered everywhere across her chest, and she fell backwards, the sword and backpack falling out of her hands. Pixelle reached for the backpack, and ran, ran away, and fast as she could when she could barely breath. A silver arrow shot past her, but she ignored it. Run! Just run, ignore the pain, ignore it, ignore it-

But she couldn't run any farther. Her throat felt like it had been ripped to shreds, she was gasping for breath, and her legs felt like they were on fire. She slowed to a walk, looking back fearfully. No one was following her, good, good... You killed someone. Killed a person, a real person, with a family and a life and- No, no! I didn't didn't kill her, she was still alive, I saw her, she was breathing, I didn't kill anyone- Pixelle was sobbing now, as she walked quickly towards the forest. She's as good as dead back there! You saw it, maybe you didn't kill her, but you left her without a chance! -I had to, I had to, she was going to kill me! Had to, had to, had to...

((Hoped I spelled everything right. Also this is directed at Mel.))

Mia

Mia heard the crunching of leaves and followed them hoping to make an ally. She got there quickly and saw a girl scamper up a tree and stood down there dropping the backpack. "Hey who's up there?" She asked knowing she wouldn't get an answer. "Whoever you are it doesn't matter but I had a question. Do you want to be allies?" She asked. In a way she didn't have a weapon the knife in the back was for hunting food. "She reached in the bag and got the package of nuts then threw them up as a peace treaty. This girl could be my right eye. She thought.

((What can be in the backpacks? Just more weapons and food?))

Pixelle

Crunch, crunch, crunch... Pixelle had now made it to the forest, which was good. Now people couldn't just look across the meadow and find her.She was wearing her backpack (which she hadn't stopped to open yet), had two knives in her belt, and held a throwing knife in her hand. She really hoped she didn't have to use it...

The knife left her hand, and spun around and around, glittering silver. It stabbed into the girl's chest, splattering blood into the air and getting coated in red. The girl fell over, still alive, but probably not for long, not during the Bloodbath...

She had stopped sobbing a minute ago, but another horrified tear traced down her cheek. The rain kept the camera's from seeing it, though. Not that it would make much of a difference. Who would sponsor a tiny District 3 tribute who's only skill was running away, and had already cried for injuring another tribute and leaving her to die?

Suddenly, she froze. She hadn't been paying attention, how could she do that? She was stuck in an arena where everyone and everything wanted to kill her, and she let her guard down? Stupid, stupid, stupid! She could hear a voice, and see the owner; the District 11 girl. She seemed to be talking to a tree; obviously there was a tribute stuck up there. The District 11 girl tossed a bag of nuts to the tribute in the tree; maybe the D11 girl wanted an alliance with the tribute in the tree. It didn't matter, Pixelle just had to get away. Slowly, she tried to step backwards, but she stepped on a twig. How cliché she thought before starting to panic. Maybe they won't notice, maybe, maybe... Of course they would notice. Run, run, run... It was so hard to stay still, and not run...

Mel closed the backpack, the clip snapped into place. Now she had to cover this in mud, leaves, twigs, whatever she could find. It was black but it has bright green neon stripes. Well at least she didn’t have to cover the whole thing.

‘Hey who’s up there?’

Mel froze and looked down. A girl stood below her looking up in the tree. She was already found? No that couldn’t be right! Not this close to the beginning. The girl tossed a bag of nuts up into the tree as a peace offering. Mel caught it just as it was about to come down. Packaged food, it wasn’t poisoned. Mel drew her sword and put on an emotionless face, trying to act like she was skilled with swords. She pointed the tip down at the girl. If she jumped from the tree is could probably kill her. She really didn’t want to but it would be so easy for this girl to make an alliance with Mel and then stab her in the back.

She had given her a package of nuts; Mel could just run off with these and hope to never be seen again. It would be so, so easy to just run.

She weighed the pros and cons. This girl could be lying and in Mel’s sleep she could have her throat slit.

But she wasn’t strong and she really needed someone with strength. It wasn’t until not that Mel noticed the girl’s sword. If she was good with swords then that meant attacking her was out of question, but Mel still kept her weapon in hand pointed at the girl. There were so many things to consider and the cons outweighed the pros. But she didn’t want to meet this girl again in battle if she knew how to use that sword of hers.

There was a snapping sound nearby and Mel completely forgot that this person in a heartbeat could kill her. She climbed down and offered her hand, “Quick get up here!”

She looked to where the sound had come from but whatever made it was now gone… or hiding. She climbed back up to her previous spot and looked down at the girl, her emotion changed again.

“I’ll make an alliance, but if at any time I feel threatened or fell that you’re going to turn on me, know that I won’t hesitate to kill you.”

She placed the nuts in her backpack. “You have a sword. Do you know how to use it?”

Ellis outran the district 4 Female who ran back to the careers. The district 8 male left the girl from 5 for dead, but she escaped. The 8 Male ran for his district partner. Only the tributes from 4, 1, Buck, and Christian still were at the bloodbath. He ran. Then he stopped. Checked the bag. Dried fruit and a water canteen. He had an ax, and something to eat and drink. Now to just find shelter from this dang rain. Then he saw the career from 1. He readied his ax.... prepared to be found as he crouched in the shrubbery.

Buck smiled "Craze for kill? Or just a thief for our supplies? What score did you even get, hmm? And your district partner, who thinks she is safe in the trees over there?" he said pointing. If they had scores of 7 or better they were in.

(EDIT, found out 9 male is NOT an npc.)

Edited by BoomSALMON

((Um... isn't the D9 male one of Ninja's characters? Glitter shot the arrow towards him, but I didn't say that it hit him.))

((I could never be in the hunger games... I can hardly beat up my little bro. He's younger than me by four years also. I know this part is pathetic but I can hardly go to sleepovers...)))

Mia

She quickly got up the tree. "Got it." She said. Mia had no intentions of killing this girl. "I have no idea... Well if it's anything like a scythe than yes but if not than no." She said. "Do you have a plan for the night?" She asked. She tried to stop it but her mind thought about her family and a tear rolled down her face.

Pixelle

“I’ll make an alliance, but if at any time I feel threatened or fell that you’re going to turn on me, know that I won’t hesitate to kill you.” Okay. Pixelle added tree-girl to the list of people she didn't ever want to go near, which currently included everyone in the Arena. Apparently they had heard the sound of the twig snapping, but Pixelle managed to stay still enough not to be seen. That was good, but she couldn't stay there forever, and any movement would make her seen. That would be bad.

Now the District 11 girl was in the tree, too. Okay, okay. Pixelle was sure that she could run again. The quickest way away from D11 and tree-girl was back East, but that would take her closer to the Cornucopia, something she definitely wanted to avoid. Making a loop around the tree would be safer, so much safer. Her heart was pounding so hard that she felt like she could stay still a second longer, so she started to run in a circle around the tree, eyes wide with terror, sure that D11 and tree-girl would be chasing her or throwing knives at her any second. Her throwing knife was still in her hand; she didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing. Maybe it would help to have a weapon, but it was more likely that D11 and tree-girl would just see her as a threat and be more likely to attack her. Ha. Me. A threat.

Ellis took the importunity to walk the opposite direction. Sure, he could take on one career, but multiple ones? Nope. Plus no doubt the district 4 female was trying to find him. He heard branches snap and turned. The district 8 tributes were coming. He ran far from them. Then heard voices fast foot steps seeing the district 5 Female run away from the 11 Male. But what shocked him more was the 3 Girl, running around a tree? "Easy prey" he muttered crouching in the shrubbery.

((Yeah I could never be in the hunger games either, but at least in real life I’m good with a sword. However I’m crap with a bow. See the irony in my character?])

Oh, so anything that wasn’t similar to a scythe she didn’t have much experience with. Mel made a mental note of the fact.

“Keep your voice down,” Whispered Mel, “we don’t know if whoever made that sound is still out there.”

Mel waited silently a few seconds before speaking. “No, I don’t have a plan for the night. I’m still working on right now. I’m just glad I got out of the bloodbath. On the bright side, I know how to get water with the bag of nuts you gave me.” Mel pulled out the bag; the bag itself was a re-sealable. “With this much rain it will work out well. Once night time falls we need to get sleep, right? But that doesn’t mean we have to stop working for our survival. At night we’ll find a plant of some sort and we’ll seal the bag over a couple leaves from the branch. When morning arises water will evaporate inside the bag, giving us clean water, which I doubt many of us have. Think about it! Sleep and water.” Mel was staring to ramble. She caught herself in mid sentence and stopped. “It’s too dangerous to sleep on the ground so we’ll sleep in a tree. But I don’t how to keep ourselves from falling out. We’ll have to work that out later.”

Mel decided not to tell the girl that she had a canteen of water. She didn’t fully trust her yet so she didn’t want to give out too much information. Maybe later, or if it’s an emergency.

“Before I forget, my name is Mel. I’m from district two and—.”

She saw something in the corner of her eye. There was a girl, far away running around a tree. “Over there…” Mel whispered. From her view from up in the tree she saw a male looking at the girl who was running around a tree from a little ways off. That poor girl,” Mel thought. “Stay quiet, there’re still people here. That girl and that guy; from the looks of it, someone’s about to die.”

Edited by Shyrus

Pixelle

Pixelle quickly looked back to see if tree-girl and the D11 girl were following her. To her horror, she spotted another tribute- the District 7 boy. She had finished her half circle around tree-girl and the D11 girl's tree, and was now running directly away from the Cornucopia. How is everyone here already? She sprinted as quickly as she could, barely noticing her bruised chest in her hurry to get away. I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'm faster, I'm always faster. Unless he doesn't stop chasing, and I can't run anymore, or he has a ranged weapon. Faster, faster, don't stop running. Oh, no, D7 wouldn't catch her. He was stupid if he thought he could run as fast as her, but Pixelle knew that it was stupid to think that she could run forever... Trees. Trees are good. Could the D7 boy climb trees? Probably. There were trees everywhere in District 7. Or he could just cut it down, and Pixelle would fall to the ground, broken and unable to escape. Faster.

Edited by Backup77

Ellis realized he had been spotted. He pursued, not caring about being slapped by branches. He had chased squirrel constantly around his district's forest. But this girl was very fast. The District 3 Male ran in the way and was knocked over, but Ellis didn't go back to kill him, just continued chase. Then there was an explosion, followed by a cannon. Someone had died to the trapped village. Must have been rigged with a bomb. To make matters worse, it was getting dark.

Mia

"That sounds great." She whispered. "Just to be sure we should take shifts while we're sleeping... I think that will be smart. About the not falling of we can gather some leaves and stick it on the backpack then put the two arm holders on the branches and lay on it... If that makes since."

Mel turned her attewntion back to the girl talking to her. "Yeah i know what you mean. Not a half bad idea."

The other girl ran off, being chased by the other guy. "I don't think i caught your name. Like i said, mine's Mel."

(( @ Kingcobra sorry for the short responce! I'm in a hurry!))

((Sorry guys, I didn't realise I was working 9 hours today :L))

Christian looked back to buck, smirking,

"9, buddy, how could you not notice that?" Christian joked, "I managed to get that score because I threw a 100kg ball through a wall, got into big trouble, but I hit the target at least!"

He then looked over to the stumbling and tripping figure of his district partner, she was running in an almost zig-zag and jumping at the sight of almost anything,

"don't worry about her, she's not joining, just leave her out of this, you can kill her later... just let her accept her fate first..." Christian was trying to prevent himself from disrespecting Buck, he found this hard considering that he was obviously the most arrogant person he ever saw.

----------------

Andrew heard the arrows racketing off the trees he ran through, he began to serpentine, weaving in and out of the trees, Whoever they are, they can't shoot me if they aren't good enough. He continued to run, he felt an arrow brush the hair on his head, it was then he realised that this person, was actually a good shot. He paused for a moment and spun his foot around in the dust, creating a dust cloud that would obscure their attacker's vision, he heard the dreadful hum of an arrow and jumped backwards, he screamed in agony as the middle of his hand was punctured by an arrow. He held his hand to his stomach to try and stem the bleeding while coping with the pain, he realised his mistake... God damnit! freaking fluoro blue shirt! he let out a groan of pain as he cut the end of the arrow off with his knife. He began to hyper-ventilate, vision blurring with pain, he slowly and joltingly pulled the arrow through his hand. He fell to his knees as he grasped his hand tightly in his shirt, he realised the dust had cleared and he needed to continue. Andrew stood up slowly and faced the river he saw, he galloped slowly to the river, cradling his hand in his shirt, when he finally reached it, Andrew ripped off his sleeve and tied a makeshift bandage around his hand. He looked back to see if he had any pursuers, there were none; for now.

He looked towards the river, it seemed as if there was no current and that it was a very serene river, he took a branch from the ground and threw it in, it got sucked underwater and the shadow of the branch could be seen to drift quickly down the river, as expected.

He looked for a way over the river, there seemed to be none, he looked into his backpack, he sighed in relief as he found a large amount of rope, a length of wire and about 3 apples, he walked over to the nearest small tree, using his serrated knife, he slowly began to cut down the tree. he used the branches of the tree to construct a raft, binding them with the rope, he pushed the make-shift raft into the water, it floated, at least. He stood on the raft, which was barely large enough for him to squat on, the size also reflected the floating the ability of the "vessel", knee deep in water as he stood on it, he began paddling towards the other side.

Glitter

Glitter smirked cruelly as the arrow hit D9's hand. That would make it harder for him to do anything, and could easily get infected. Pity she didn't kill him, but he was as good as dead. He did get across the river- probably one of the safest places to be, but even if the Capitol did send some magical infection preventing medicine, it wouldn't be a problem for the D4 tributes to get across the river and chase him down.

Looking around, she saw that all of the other tributes had escaped. Lowering her bow, she turned and walked back to the Cornucopia. It was a sickening sight; blood was everywhere, and the hovercrafts hadn't gotten around to picking up the bodies of the tributes. It's okay, it's okay, just remember that they're not people. Yes. Of course they weren't people, with friends and families and lives. You can't kill people, but you can kill obstacles, and so that's what Glitter made herself believe the other tributes were. Robots. Not-people. Zombies.

Still standing by the Cornucopia was Buck and the... District 12 male? He did get a training score of 9- much better than hers. Of course, her low training score made her useless, expendable, so she had to stay on her toes. Fine. Okay. So the District 12 male was part of the alliance. That left her, her district partner, the District 4s, and the District 6 male. The District 6 female was lying on the ground, her eyes wide open, with a bloody throwing knife lying a foot away. Apparently the moron had tried to pull the knife out and had bled to death. It was better that she was dead, if she was that stupid.

"Hello," she said, watching Buck and Christian carefully. "Where are we going to make camp? Inside the Cornucopia's probably best. It'd be out of the rain, and we don't have to haul all of the supplies."

Pixelle

Terrified, continued to run, her face get covered in scratches. The D7 tribute was still chasing her, and she was getting tired. The bruise on her chest was hurting, and she could tell by now that it had been bleeding a bit. A tree was right in front of her; instead of running around it, she shot up it like an arrow. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Like District 7 won't be able to get you in a tree. Running up a tree, like a little squirrel. The fastest squirrel, but still just a squirrel, running from a dog. But instead of a dog, it's a grey fox, or an ax wielding maniac. As carefully as she could, she looked down to see if the District 7 tribute had an ax with him.

He did.

Pixelle took in a panicked, shuddering breath. Okay. Think. What could she do? Look in that bag for some food and have your last meal? Well, then she'd still be dead. "Please," she begged, the panic and terror clear in her voice, in her widened, crazy eyes. "Don't kill me. You don't have to kill me, I won't make it anyway. Please don't, please don't, please please please." Then she had an idea. A bad one maybe, but it might help. "If you try to kill me, I'll scream and scream and scream. They'll all hear you; the Career pack. They'll come for you and kill you." This time, there was less panic in her voice. Having a plan was helpful.

((Weird combination listening to rap while playing the computer... Also sorry for how short it is can't make a long reply.))

Mia

"Oh sorry. I'm Mia." She quietly replied.

Edited by kingcobra2018

Buck smiled. "I think I wont have to." he smirked as the District 4 Male chased her. Then grabbing her by the hair, pulling her to the ground and slitting her throat with the sword he had. BOOM! Now, any moment, the faces in the sky would appear. Stars started to show in the sky. "And yes, Glitter, I would like to get out of this god forsaken rain. Come 12, we will negotiate in a dryer environment." and with that the District 4 Tributes, Buck, and the District 1 Male walked in.

Ellis jumped when he heard another cannon. But then it would be night... and the stuff that would come... like careers. He growled in frustration. But he didn't really want to kill. Not like the huge District 6 Male, who looked like a crazed wolf. Or like the violent District 4 Tributes. He glared up. The 3 Female was up there. Her district partner was lurking somewhere else then. Must be. He started to chop at the tree with an ax, to hopefully make her scream for her to be trapped up there for the careers. Then a capitol theme started to play. Then in the sky "The fallen" appeared, with faces of deceased tributes. In order of:

District 5 male, looking menacing, then the 10 Female with an emotionless glare, then 9 Female with a scared look in her eyes, then the 7 Female, which disappointed Ellis. "Great, my district partner is dead.". After that, the 6 Female. Buck wasn't really upset, as they didn't have no relations. Then 5 Female. "That explains the bomb followed by the cannon". And finally 12 Female. The anthem stopped and the sky was starry again.

Buck then told the careers "Okay, so that means both of 3, 2, 8, and 11 still remain. We should go for the 11 Male, the 7 Male, and the District 8 tributes. They are our biggest threats. Keep close eyes on the 2 and 3 tributes, if they survived the bloodbath they can be potentially deadly." then a fire appeared. Odd, how they lit in the rain. "We have a victim ready.".

((I wouldn’t mind if you did.))

The stars in the sky started to show and the sun had set. The day had gone by slow for Mel. Funny how time slows when you’re in a deathly situation. The cannons went off and the faces shone in the sky. Mel silently wished them peace. She looked at the faces in the sky realizing just how many had died in the bloodbath and during the day. She also realized that many of those people had gotten a much higher score then her six. “Mia what was your score?”

If people had died- who, frankly where so much better than her- how was it that Mel remained alive? She tried not to cry, she couldn’t cry in front of someone. Crying was a weakness. A burden. Emotions themselves where built to hold back human kind. She forced the tears to stop. She remembered what it was like to have her name called from the stage in her district.

Mel Tyler.” Why that name? Of all the other children in the district why did it have to be hers?

That woman who called her name, who untimatley just sent her to a slaughterhouse to be killed like a pig.

Mel never did anything wrong! She never lied, stole, or hunted. She stayed and obeyed the laws the capital had put out for them. Her name was in there once and it just had to be hers. 'I’m not dying in this God forsaken forest, in the hunger games. Not by someone else at least.' “Because if your score isn’t high…” Mel continued. “Then we’re not going to make it past day two.”

Edited by Shyrus

((I'm back had to do HW.))

Mia

"I faked a score. I tried my worst." She spoke softly. "Do you have anyone waiting back at your district?" Mia asked. If she does I have no one waiting back if it ends up being the two of us I'll just surrender. She thought.

(( Welcome to the roleplay, totts!))

“Back at home? Yeah. I have my family. I have a little brother and two parents. I also have my best friend, Stephen but I really don’t think I’ll see them again… Come on, it’s getting late. We should gather up supplies to keep us warm. I don’t think anyone’s nearby, but we should still stay quiet.” Mel slowly and quietly scuffled down the tree. The leaves crunched under her footfalls so she made a note to try and step on dirt more than twigs or anything else for that matter.

She collected leaves from the ground, stuffing them in her backpack. “It would be great if you stayed up in the tree and kept lookout but I’m not forcing you too. If you really want to come down here my ears should be good enough but better safe than sorry.”

Mel felt something squish under her boot; she lifted up her foot to see a mouse, barley the size of the palm of her hand. “Hey, I sound breakfast. Hold this.” She threw the dead mouse up in the tree for Mia to catch. “Sorry but we need all the protein we can get.”