Tiga

Armored Warriors

((Wait for me!))

user posted image

The mother Silver looked at her prodigy son with a face full of worry and concern. For the short time that she's had him, you could say she'd grow quite attached. She looked to her mate with tearful eyes, then asked, "Do we have to let them take our son? Who knows when I'll be able to have kids next! It runs in both our families you know".

The male continued padding forward with his first and only child on his back, a son for that matter.

It had taken almost three years for the two to conceive a child, and now they have to... give him away. Michelangelo looked at his beautiful mate with his soulless eyes and snarled.

"You knew right from the beginning this was to happen to our boy, yet you still insisted on- never mind. The point is we have to do this. It's for the great good of our Dragon kind. To sacrifice one and save a thousand is a choice that doesn't come easy. We will see your son again, not as a boy, but as a man".

Darleigh sniffled as she nodded her head. Michelangelo did have a point, it was their son's destiny, and she knew he would do great things.

The female picked up her son from his father's back and licked his it's cheek. She chuckled as she wiped away tears with her tail.

"What shall we name him?", she asked patiently.

"Dante." the Silver replied.

The Silver hatchling let out a chirp and nuzzled his mother. He was knew to the world, but embraced every second of it. Dante tugged as his mothers grey ears and pawed at her face. His father had told him the night before that he was going away for a while and to accept it. Dante knew he had a mission, and that his happiness meant nothing if others were unhappy. So, coming to terms with the sudden news, the young Silver spent the last few moments with his family, and wished it could only last forever.

((Please let me know if this is too bright))

user posted image

As Tenri and her mother lined up in the line. She looked at the dragons in front, feeling shy. Seeing how many dragons there were, she wasn't sure if she was going to be picked. Still...If I am, in fact, picked, then that means that T'll be a H-E-R-O!~ She thought with pride. The tri-Horn hatchling watched as the line slowly got shorter. It was a pain to wait, she wished that she could just get over with it already. Then, she had an idea. Tenri pulled on her mother's tail.

"Mooomm, can I explore?~" She innocently asked. She wanted to talk to the other hatchlings so she can wait out the line.

"I'm not too sure though...the dragons are lining up fast behind me..." Her mother thought about it. "....You know what, I guess I'll let you go out a little whil-"

"Yayyyy!~" Tenri cut her off and started to run down the lane in an attempt to chat with the others.

"YOU FORGOT YOUR SUPERULTRAMALICIOUSAWESOMEBAD GOGGLES HONEY!" Her mother exclaimed.

Tenri stopped and walked back to her mother to receive her goggles before running off again with the goggles. "Kids these days..." She giggled. "They forget important things so easily....perfect for arrogant soon-to-be heroes."

Tenri smiled as she trotted forwards the line. Than backwards. Than forward again. She sweated as she looked around. Which hatchling should she introduce herself with?! She looked at the adults. Most of them ignored her. She didn't like the seriousness held upon on their faces. She didn't want to bother the dragons who seemed to regret it, either. "C-can't anyone be...well...relaxed as my mother...?" She muttered to herself.

The hatchling could barely pick up the individual conversations around him, but continued to move forward when the dragon ahead of him moved forward. The scents around him were becoming boring now, almost as if they were dying out or becoming too normal.

Some sentences close to the point in the line where he was caught his attention, however, and he lifted his head, wondering who made some of the words. He could identify 'relaxed' and 'mother', which didn't seem to work together to him.

Mother isn't relaxed. Mother is...stressed. So...who is relaxed?

Turing his head to the left and right, the hatchling wondered who had spoken those words. Were they nice? Were they in line too? Did their father tell them to stay in line and follow the dragon ahead of them?

After a second, the hatchling shrugged and took a few steps forward as the dragon ahead moved forward. Maybe he would get to meet them. Or maybe they'd just go away, like his mother and father.

I think this color is slightly better.

" Demeter. Wake up. We're here." Jumping up, Demeter looked around her. She gasped in amazement. Dragons were everywhere. There were massive ones, some even bigger than her dad. Almost everyone was shiny. She was almost blinded by the sun reflecting off the hundreds of suits of armor. Her parents said to her " Go play. Have fun while you can. We'll save a spot in line for you. But when we call you, you have to come to us immediately. Okay?" Nodding eagerly, she ran off to look for friends.

Running around, Demeter spotted a small, pale blue dragon. Curiously staring at the ball on it's tail, she approached it, and poked the ball with her paw.

Edited by Melomancer

user posted image

Shizu felt some weight on his tail. He turned to see another hatchling. It seemed curious about his tail for some reason.

"...Yohoro." Shizu greeted the hatchling. He looked at his parents. They didn't seem to have heard him. "Shizu's my name...What's yours?" He introduced himself and asked.

He wondered if he should go out the line for a bit. It seemed to be more interesting than actually waiting.

After a bit of thinking, he turned his focus back onto the hatchling he just met.

((Short post. Sorry.))

Edited by Jass

"You are a hunter. The elders have decided on that. here is the Hunters' Tent. Make yourself comfortable. The Introductory Session will begin shortly once we have the hatchlings in each group," The copper continued to explain. Tuils blankly nodded, even her personality was drained of her usual happiness.

The copper dragon soon left, leaving the two headed dragon alone in front of the tent. There was a pile of wood in a circle, probably an unlit fireplace. Stacks of bedding were piled up outside of each tent. Tuils reached up and grabbe dthe top, some feathers and wool. The hatchling blankly walked into the tent and set up a small nest in a corner. Quies buried her head in the feathers while Tuils waited for another hatchling.

Ju waited impaitiently as her mother stared from near the line. The dragons continued to speak.

"Can you hurry up?!" Ju cried angrily, setting a falling leaf on fire. A few dragons turned to face her sternly but she stared back, annoyed.

An olive male turned around as the group scattered to its normal places. "You are in the group as a warrior," he rumbled.

Ju stuck out her tongue angrily but trotted back to hug her mother. "You'll see, I will have my armor soon and I will save Pteris," she muttered, relishing the cool touch of her mother's armor.

She big her farewell as she followed the Olive. She ignored what he was saying, picking out a few scattered words here and there.

She saw the unlit fire and grinned. "Can I set fire to it?" she asked, waiting for no answer.

The olive had barely any time to nod when Ju stamped her hoof against one separate log. It caught on fire and it slowly crept up to ablaze on the wood.

Orion looked around, there were so many dragons of so many sizes, shapes, and colors! Seeing a few hatchlings playing outside of the line, he eagerly looked up at his mother.

"May I go play with them? Pleeease?" Orion begged. "Someone is a racing comet today, eh? I suppose you can go to play. But if I call for you, you MUST come here. Do you understand?" Libra stated to him. "Yes ma." "Good. Now go have some fun, alright?" In a flash, Orion looked around for anydragon (Haha, get it?) who seemed to be willing to talk. He saw a brown and white hatchling with something strange on its eyes. 'Maybe that dragon is willing to talk!' Orion thought excitedly, going up behind the hatchling.

"HITHEREHOWAREYOU?!" Orion said with a big, cheesy grin.

((Jass, this one is aimed at Tenri. xd.png))

user posted image

As the family of Silvers carried on with their journey, Darleigh saw plumes of smoke over a hill not too far from where they were.

"Michelangelo, do you think that could be the camp?".

"I suppose it could be. Fire is essential for sustaining life", he retorted.

"Keep your sarcastic humor to yourself; I don't want you tainting my sons mind before-".

Dante let out a high pitched giggle at his fathers 'joke'. Michelangelo taught his son well when it came to detecting sarcasm, and bad jokes. The female Silver placed Dante back on her mates back to give herself a rest. Apparently Dante wasn't a very light baby. Pressing on with their reluctant adventure, Michelangelo spotted a whole camp of tents.

"I guess we're here...". The male Silver choked on his words as he spoke them.

His mate placed a loving paw on his head and smiled.

"Let me take Dante, you stay here. Come along Dante".

Dante hopped off his fathers back, then waddled up in front of him, then giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Bye daddy, I'll see you soon okie?".

Michelangelo lunged forward and held his son in a warm embrace, something he never did with anyone except Darleigh. With warm tears dripping down his face, Michelangelo nodded and handed his son back to Darleigh.

"See you soon son".

Arriving at the camp, Darleigh looked for any signs of adults.

"Hello? Is there an adult around here? Hey Dante, go play with the children over there will you sweety?".

Dante smiled widely as he replied to his mother. "Okay mommy".

Dante scampered off to the fire pit and looked around for other dragons.

"Hello? Is anyone here?".

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

user posted image

Tenri was excited after the hatchling introduced himself. Yes! Someone talked to me! Yay!~ She silently cheered in her mind. Okay, how should reply? ...I...don't know how to reply... She made a face.

"OBJECTION!" She suddenly exclaimed. "...I was thinking of a greeting. I didn't think of any." She drooped her head down. "OBJECTION! ...Uh...." She started out. Just say something cool! Like, 'Hey, name's Tenri. What's yours?' She thought. "Uh....Hey!........M-my name is Tenri....W-What are yours?" She greeted. "......FFF- Ah, god damn it, why the heck did I say that?!" She muttered, regretting what she had said. Why....why does this always happen...? She thought and dropped her head. "Always....Always..." She muttered quietly.

Edited by Jass

Ju lifted her head from the flames. The olive had left her ages ago but she heard the voice of another hatchling. It was a silver.

"Hi," she said bluntly, her eyes narrowed. She flicked her tail and the flames leapt even higher, sparks flying down. They landed on Ju but she ignored them, she oculd barely feel it.

She watched the other hatchling with disapproval. "Hmm... My name is Juruth. Or Ju. But call me Juruth," she said hesitantly.

user posted image

Dante smiled as the purple Hellhorse introduced herself. She seemed nice enough, but she didn't seem too welcoming (of that makes sense). Dante shivered slightly as a cold breeze swept in and brushes against his glowing scales. He figured he might as well creep over to the camp fire and get warm. Dante turned to face Juruth and grinned again.

"That's a nice name; mine's Dante. What r-rank are you I in Juruth?".

The Silver curled up next to the beautiful fire facing Ju.

"I am a warrior," she replied. She examined the silver hatchling up and down. She figured he wasn't that bad.

"How about you, Dante?" she ventured out. The fire was dying to small embers, but Ju didn't like that. She brushed her hoof against the cold ground and stomped again, a small flame flickering.

Ju glanced at the fire. "It needs more wood. I think there is some over here," she observed, looking to a large pile of timber. She trotted over and nudged a large log down. She carefully rolled it until it landed in the fire, sending bright sparks everywhere.

Before Demeter could answer, her mother shouted over" DEMETER. IT'S YOUR TURN. COME HERE!" Turning to shinzu with an apologetic look, she ran off in her mother's direction.

Reaching the front of the line, Demeter came face to face with a slender dorsal dragon. "Name?" "Demeter." Her mother answered. Whispering to him, she said" I'm sorry, she's extremely shy or something. She can't talk, or isn't willing to." Nodding, he began examining her. Looking at her horns, claws and teeth.

After what seemed like forever, he turned with a sad look in his eye. " Gatherer. The tent is that way. Five minutes to say goodbye." He pointed to the tents. Bursting into tears, her parents embraced her and told her" be good. I know you'll make us proud." Nodding, she trudged off towards the gatherer tent.

Being the first one in the tent, Demeter picked up a bunch of leaves, making a nest reminiscent of the one she had lived in in the jungle. She stared at the entrance hoping for a companion to arrive soon.

Edited by Melomancer

user posted image

The hatchling took a step forward, still following the dragon in front of him, but then felt that it was gone. The dragon that he was supposed to follow was gone.

Panic almost set in, his breathing starting to speed up, but then he felt a presence right in front of him. He lowered his belly to the ground, tail curling over one of his legs and then under his stomach.

"Direct the line to the elders."

The voice was low and rough, right in front of him, and the hatchling couldn't help but let out a little squeak. Breath washed over him and he could feel the presence looming over him.

"Where are your parents, little one?"

Trembling slightly and wishing that everything was back to normal, with him following the other dragon, the hatchling remembered what his father wanted him to say. His voice trembled and sounded too thin, but he had to say what he was told to say.

"I-I'm lost a-and I don't k-know who m-my parents a-are..."

There was a low 'hmph' from the presence and then a clawed finger tapped his head.

"I don't believe that you are telling me the whole truth. Where are your parents?"

Gritting his teeth, the hatchling tried to think of what he needed to say. He might be lost, but he didn't think he was, and he may not know his parents, but he knew some stuff about them. Not raising his head and blinking slowly, he tried to form some sort of coherent sentence.

"I-I-I d-don't think I a-am really l-lost. I-I was sup-supposed to follow t-the other dr-dragon. A-and I-I don't really k-know my m-mom or d-dad...t-they told m-me to j-just follow the other dr-dragon."

There was a silence, and the hatchling wondered if he said something that was wrong, but then the presence spoke again.

"What parent would leave you by yourself? Really, what were they thinking...Why do you think you were in the line?"

The hatchling had no idea why. He had no true response, so he stayed quiet.

"Alright then, I guess I'm going to have to talk to the elders about this and...Are you blind?"

The question came out of the blue, jolting the hatchling with the last word. 'Blind' was what his mother and father had used, though they weren't talking to him. He had no idea what 'blind' actually meant, so he didn't speak up.

"I think you are. What type of parent would bring their blind hatchling to this? You would be disqualified almost immediately, since such a disability would drag the rest of the group back."

The presence moved around, leaving the hatchling for a moment.

"Stay here. I will get an elder over here and they can assess the situation. I am but a guard and cannot legally disqualify you."

The presence then left. The hatchling was alone, but this time was not in a line following another dragon. This time, he was completely alone. Realizing this, he grabbed his tail and held onto it tightly, just so he had something that was there. This whole time had fallen into a complete mess of confusion and panic for him, and he wished he knew how to fix it all. He didn't know if he liked this world at all, with lines and talking and random presences talking to him about being 'blind'.

It only took a few more minutes before the hatchling felt something near him again. Lifting his head slightly, he wondered if the presence from last time was there.

"This is the hatchling you were talking about?"

"Yes. I found him in line, following another dragon. Like I said, he doesn't seem to know who his parents are or why he is here in the first place."

"Did you ask for a name?"

"...No."

Something bent over him, a different presence this time, but the hatchling still curled lower to the ground, tail gripped tightly in his clawed hands.

"What is your name?"

The hatchling froze for a second when the question and then remembered what his father said.

My name is Icarus.

Saying the word in his head made him feel confident, as if the word had a meaning he didn't know. Raising his head up, feeling brave, he spoke to the presence above him.

"My name is Icarus."

Icarus waited for the presence's response, but got only silence. Then a claw was under his chin and raising his head up.

"Can you see, Icarus?"

The hatchling didn't know what 'seeing' was, so he tried to shake his head. It was difficult, however, since the presence was holding his head up, so he just spoke up.

"I don't t-think so."

A deep 'hmph' was emitted above him, and then he felt something pinch the back of his neck. Going limp, like he had when his father had carried him, Icarus felt the ground disappear under him and wondered what was going on.

The first presence, the guard, must have thought the same thing and voiced its concern.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for any disabilities of the body."

"...You...you mean you are actually thinking about accepting him!? There are thousands more hatchlings that could take his place, with better-"

"Are you an elder?"

That shut up the guard and Icarus felt the ground come back under his feet. The pinch in the back of his neck disappeared and he lifted his head up, blinking slowly.

"I do believe that you would do nicely in the group. From what I've heard and seen, you do what you are told and don't try to lie. I can see that most of the hatchlings here come from families that care, and many have fitter, healthier hatchlings, but some have stubborn streaks in them. While that can be good, especially for warriors, it is not something that should be in a healer."

The guard spoke up, irritated and surprised.

"A healer!? You're allowing a blind hatchling to take a very important position!? That-"

The presence above him leaned close to Icarus and spoke softly, ignoring the guard.

"And, sometimes, being stubborn while being a guard who is supposed to do what they are told is not that good either."

The hatchling felt the presence pull back and heard it speak directly to the guard.

"Take Icarus to the Healer's tent. I will tell the others that a healer spot has been taken."

With that, the guard was left with the hatchling. After a moment, Icarus felt himself being picked up and felt the ground move quickly away. The guard didn't speak a word to him, but Icarus didn't feel too bad about that.

Right now, something big was happening and Icarus was part of it.

Username: Andy12

Dragon Name: Duplex Ictus

Breed: Electric

Picture:user posted image

Personality: Duplex has a very short temper, but wants above all the good of the dragon species. He will do anything to achieve that, even if it means sacrificing himself or someone he loves. He does not tolerate being picked on though. If you say something bad about him, he will attack you, friend or foe. He has no sense of humor. All serious.

Differences in appearance: He has a large scar that runs down his face, from a very fierce battle with another dragon.

Crush: He has no love, or pity.

Weapons/Abilities/etc: He can shoot lighting out of his horns, and he practices everyday. They are so strong, if he blasted NYC earth would probably explode.

Other:

Edited by Andy12

((Keep in mind that your hatchling is Newly Born. Also, while I get your trying to make your chara all cool, this is OP. Change it, please. *I'm not trying to be rude. Just imagine me giving you a slight tip))

Edited by Jass

((I agree with Jass. Also, arn't the forms supposed to be PMed to Tiga? I don't understand why people post it in the IC. It just causes spam and confusion.))

Edited by XxDragonletxX

Username: Andy12

Dragon Name: Duplex Ictus

Breed: Electric

Picture:user posted image

Personality: Duplex has a very short temper, but wants above all the good of the dragon species. He will do anything to achieve that, even if it means sacrificing himself or someone he loves. He does not tolerate being picked on though. If you say something bad about him, he will attack you, friend or foe. He has no sense of humor. All serious.

Differences in appearance: He has a large scar that runs down his face, from a very fierce battle with another dragon.

Crush: He has no love, or pity.

Weapons/Abilities/etc: He can shoot lighting out of his horns, and he practices everyday. They are so strong, if he blasted NYC earth would probably explode.

Other:

Andy, can you please PM me the form and delete this afterwards? Also, thanks you guys! But next time move it to the OoC. smile.gif Merry Christmas!

user posted image

Perla looked at the line of hatchlings and their parents. She was last. But her mother walked towards the front and she could do nothing but follow.

Soon she was at the front and was speaking to an Ember dragon. Perla sat by a clump of bracken and ferns, watching the commotion of a Winter Magi and a guard and a dorsal. Finally her mother nudged her to her feet.

"Perla, you will be going on a journey to the Mountains," her mother began. "You are a healer. The elders came to me and said that one of my offspring will go. You are the one," she explained. Perla puffed up with pride. "Beat that, Micki!" she said under her breath.

She scrambled to embrace her mother and her light armor. "Bye, mom!" she squeaked. Her mother nodded as she followed the ember to the camp. She saw a few hatchlings there already.

"You are over there," the ember grumbled. Perla skipped off to grab some bedding before walking inside. She saw the same hatchling, the Winter magi.

"Hi!" she said as she made her nest. "I'm Perla. You?" she asked as she settled down her bedding.

user posted image

The guard had set him down and then pushed him forward with a short explanation that in front of him was the tent and that he needed to stay in it until he was told otherwise.

And then the guard left him. Alone again. Icarus had carefully stepped into where the guard said was the entrance and immediately knew he was in a tent; the air was warmer and stuffier, closed up around him.

It took a few minutes of wandering into things for him to just decide to just sit down on the ground and wait. He didn't get enough time to think, however, before another presence entered the tent.

"Hi!" "I'm Perla. You?"

Jerking his head up, Icarus blinked slowly. Someone was here with him that didn't sound at all like the guard and the 'elder'. Curling his tail close to his feet, he went over the others words carefully before answering.

"My...my name is Icarus."

He suddenly wondered if he was on some sort of replay button. Everyone just kept asking for his name, so he said the same thing over and over again. Of course, his father had told him to tell other dragons that when they asked, but he didn't know if that was really important or not.

Deciding that he had to say something other than those same words over and over, Icarus opened his mouth and hoped that what he was doing was alright.

"So...your name is...Perla?"

user posted image

"Didn't I say that already?" Perla snapped. "Oh well, Icarus. DO you need help with your nest?" she asked, flicking her tail. She shuffled along to move her bedding closer to the other hatchling.

The tent was smaller than the rest, since there wasn't going to be many healers.

Perla glanced more carefully at the Winter Magi.

"Wait... can you see me?" she asked cautiously, cocking her head to the side.

user posted image

Clouda trotted forward into the clearing. She had seen the previous hatchlings before her. Some had left, rejected by the elders. While some were taken away. Clouda saw a hellhorse, winter magi, a double headed something and a silver. The pink hatchling sat paitiently, watching the elders before examining the clearing.

"Mmhm," A canopy dragon cleared her throat. "Hello, what is your name?"

"Clouda," she answered quickly.

"Well, Clouda, you are a planner," she added. She stood up. Her mother rushed forward wit her father, tears rushing down their cheeks.

"Oh, Clouda! I am so proud of you. Being a planner is a very special job!" she said, her voice filled with joy.

"But so is the rest. Clouda, you will be our hero," his father hastily said.

"Remember, we always love you!" her mother chirped. The canopy gave brisk nods to the parents before taking the hatchling to camp.

"This is the camp. You will train here...." she paused to take a breath. "Introductory Session starts soon. Here is your tent, get to know your companions," she explained before leaving her in front of a small tent.

Edited by Tiga

user posted image

The line amazed Shade. So many hatchlings and parents prepared to be judged by the elders. For Shade, it moved surprising fast. He was next in line when he spoke to his mother for the first time all day.

"...Will you still love me?"

His mother looked down at him in shock and then hugged him. Tears streamed from her eyes as Shade closed his in the embrace. He mother spoke in near sobs,

"I will ALWAYS love you Shade... always."

Her words made him happy to know that he was loved and always will be. A guard came up to them,

"You are next Night Drake."

Shade's mother put him down and pushed him forward. Shade looked at the circular room with a beam of light shining in the center of the room from the ceiling. Shade walked around the circle of light and in front of the elders. They looked a little tired from the number of hatchlings that they examined before hand. An elder spoke,

"Name?"

Shade looked up nervously.

"S-Shade..."

They talked a little bit and then nodded with their conclusion.

"Go home, you will not be in the group."

Shade's heart leaped at the thought of being with his family. He starting walking back to his mother and through the circle of light. His scales turned charcoal black in the sunlight making him look like a shadow.

"HALT!"

Shade stopped in his tracks as an elder shouted at him. He slowly turned around. The elder whispered to themselves. Shade could only make out the words 'sign', 'darkness', and 'hatchling'. With a final word the elders turned back to him.

"We have reconsidered. You will be a healer for the group. Say your goodbyes and then you will be escorted to the camp."

Shade's heart sunk to the bottom of his chest. He would be leaving his family for a long time, maybe forever. He walked over to his mother and hugged her again, this time they both cried.

The guard kept silent as he was lead to the camp. When they got to the camp he started to point out every tent and name them. Without another word, the guard left as Shade sat in the middle of the camp alone.

...I miss home...

((Haha, you're a Phoenix Wright fan as well? Nothing is more epic than Phoenix's objection. xd.png))

"Great to meet you Ten...T-Ten...Tenri! My name is Orion!" He said cheerfully. "What are those weird, circle things on your eyes? Unless they ARE your eyes, which in that case I'm sorry I insulted your eyes on accident." Orion said rapidly. 'I am nailing these introductions!' Orion thought proudly.

Melina and Jay reached the front of the line, and a Stone dragon loomed before them. She could only help but feel intimidated by his size; he was as tall as the palm trees back home!

"Name please." He grunted. "M-Me...Melina." She squeaked out. The Stone dragon led her towards more dragons, leaving her father in the line. 'Please don't pick me...please don't pick me...' Melina thought worryingly. Soon, a bunch of dragons were towering over her, building up her fear. It seemed to come naturally to her, as she gave out a loud, shrill whistle. Melina tried to run away, but a Red dragon quickly picked her up. There were hushed whispers amongst the elders, and looking towards her father; she was sure her fate was sealed.

"It has been decided. You shall be a gatherer. You have 5 minutes to say your goodbyes." Melina ran, she ran to her father and never wanted to let go. Looking up at him, she could only sputter out, "W-Why did I do that daddy? I-I should've been brave! I-I shouldn't have done whatever I just did! ...I...I don't wanna leave you." Melina said, tears in her eyes. "Lina...what you did is called "whistling". While most dragons can whistle, there are only so many who can do it as high and as loud as you did, Melina. Your mother did it as well, and it appears as though you have that gift as well." Her father explained.

"...I hate whistling." She muttered. "Lina, a talent like yours is something that should be appreciated, which is why the elders chose you. I know it might be hard, but they picked you for a reason. All I ask is that you don't waste what your mother has given you. Please try to practice, alright? I know your mother copied bird calls whenever she had star time." He added on. "...And no matter where you go, or how far I am away from you, I will always be in your heart. ...Make your mother and I proud, eh?"

"I-I will daddy! I won't let you or mother down! I promise!" Melina exclaimed. With one last loving embrace, the guard separated the two of them. She was lead to a camp, and all of the tents were named and explained.

"Here's the tent for the gatherers. Settle in while we approve the others." He grunted. Melina carefully walked in, and saw a green and orange hatchling sitting in a nest. She inched her away towards the hatchling, who was much bigger than her.

"H-Hello. I'm... Me...Melina." She said softly, still a bit nervous from the whole ordeal.

In a cave barricaded with glass sat two mates with an egg infont of them

,"I wonder if he will get chosen", Said a soft and tender voice."I sure hope he will,we are a family of fighters and hunters!,we have a reputation of the toughest drgons in our clan,he must be chosen or else he will stain our Lineage"

"IS EVERYTHING YOU CARE FOR IS THE LINEAGE?!"

Shouted the tender voice."Stop blaming me for everything i did,come on Kam"."Its our first son,and you are just leaving him,Dan listen to me,you have to think mo-"Her words got cut by the loud cracking voice of the egg,all eyes were fixed on the egg and a second later,the egg was broken and came out a little dragon that gave out yelps of joy,the two mates rushed over to the hatchling ."Moomy?Dafdy?"Said the little hatchling."Indeed we are,what should we call him?"said his mother,"Oblivion!"Yelled the father as if he was struck by a lightning bolt.

"Oblivion?,I like that"He said."We need to get him to the elders before it's too late"Said the mother as she grabbed Oblivion onto her back."I think ill stay here said the father."Said the father

The mother rushed over to the place the elders were at,there were lots of Adult Dragons and hatchlings."where are we mom?"Oblivion asked,his mom explained everything to him,"Wow so i might go on an adventure?!?,Cool"He said cheering.

The lines were soon finished and he was standing bedore a black adult dragon."Name?"Said the elder with a grumpy voice,"Name's Oblivion,Got it memorized"He said raising his chin with pride,The elder looked at him carefully and picked him up to see if he had any disabillites,"Hunter you have 5 minutes gir goodbyes then a gaurd will take you to your tent"he said with a sigh."Son!,Im very proud of you and im sure your father will also be proud of you"she smiled and a gaurd came and took Oblivion to.his tent."well thats the tent,have fun"he said sarcasticly.Oblivion went to the fire place and sit by the silver drahon,"Hello Im Oblivion,who are you?," he asked

Edited by Waltzer

user posted image

The hatchlig stood up on wobbly hind legs, slowly breathing in the solid fresh air, her pupils dilating as she looked around, breath coming out in raspy puffs that dissolved into air.

She slowly took in the world around her. Blurred shapes lay in front of her, a smudge against the backround as they slowly took shape in her brain.

The dim lights of the cave danced all around her, casting shadows on the dusty floor, revealing her glistening dark green hide.

A shadow loomed over her, twisting in the dark light and peering down at her, eyes twinkling softly.

"It's a girl. She's hatched. Come look at this, Fillan."

A deep rumbling echoed through the cave, followed by the thump of heavy paw-steps moving with grace and ease.

Another large dragon appeared before her, deep green with spirals of dark orange, outlining his muscular shape, his massive wings touched the cave roof.

The two looked at each other, some kind of understanding passing on between them. The male's mouth twisted into a wide, toothy grin, flashing off his whites as he sighed.

"Let's name her Frithra."

"Yes, such a beautiful name."

The small green hatchling wagged her tail over the ground slowly, cutting through the air.

She opened her mouth feebly, a few silent words tumbling out.

"M-mum.... da?"

The two dragons grinned, bursting into a fit of chuckles, even the very sound of it just filled the air with jollyness.

"Well just look at that! She already knows how to talk!"

The female leaned down, her snout pushing into the hatchlings tiny chest. "Frithra." She said, beaming with pride. "Your name is Frithra."

The frilled dragon rolled onto her moms back, paws splayed out in a guesture of excitment.

Where were they taking her? What was this place they were going to?

So many questions danced through her head, feeling helpless that she had no information of what was going on.

"Come, we must go to see the elders."