Psycho Cat

Angels of the Sea - Accepting!

A long, long time ago, when there were no humans, dragons were the great and almighty rulers of the land. All creatures bowed before these grand creatures, revering and yet also trembling before their majestic presence. Through the span of thousands of years, many heroic tales of valor, sorrow, and evil arose, telling the tales of conflict the dragons had to endure. But there was one story that never got told. A story that took place in a land so remote that hardly a gasp of its words escaped its secret realm. A tale of the great war that took place within the vast, glorious sea.

Yes, Atlantis is real. But it was not inhabited by fragile mermaids, no; instead, the masterful sea dragons inhabited this hidden gem. It was a Utopian world where beautiful coral grew vibrantly and colorful fish swam freely. Without the land dragons to interfere, and nobody wanting to live elsewhere, the many generations of leaders could rule with little weight put upon their shoulders. So tensions never rose, and wars never happened. There would always be minor problems the city faced, but nothing ever got that bad. It was perfect. But of course, one bad thing could bring the cycle to a screeching halt. And that is exactly what Veo Triij did.

Veo Triij was an ambitious king. Instead of devoting his time to the population of Atlantis, he spent himself on worrying about invaders. He thought that if so much as one foreigner came in, his perfect kingdom would fall apart. So he built a wall. He built a massive brick bubble that was meant to keep everyone inside in, and everyone outside out. Guards were set at every post possible, and dragons were herded about like animals. Resisting was a crime punishable by banishment. Many felt this law was unfair and cruel; even the Atlantic Guard did not like the suffering they were causing. But Veo was a mighty Guardian of Nature, and there was nobody who could deny his power. All seemed lost for the innocent trapped dragons.

Until one day.

Mysterious, new dragons began appearing. They were benevolent and kind, and wore shimmering sapphire necklaces. They appeared seemingly out of nowhere and began helping dragons escape. No one knew how, but as soon as they came they would choose an individual, and then disappear into thin air, taking their chosen with them. Those who were close to the chosen would feel serene and protected, as if their loved one was in a better place. People called these dragons "Angels of the Sea", named after the peace and love they brought. Many assumed that all this would send Veo into a spitting rage, but instead he was terrified of them. The reason was never known, but everyone was in great gratitude for it.

But the Angels were not plentiful.

You were among the many who had not yet been saved. You feel left out, and do not feel blessed when one of your friends are saved. You wish you did, but you feel like someone is telling you that you must stay here. Going to bed one night, you awake in a strange new world. You cannot tell if it is a dream or not, but you can sense the presence of all who were saved. Then, you are shone upon with a brilliant white light, and someone tells you that it is your destiny to walk alongside the Angels. You wake up with a mysterious sapphire necklace around your neck, and you know what you must do.

About the Angels-
  • The Angels of the Sea really are angels of the sea. I mean, they're just that. They are specially chosen souls that have been reborn, appearing in the times of greatest need. They are overall graceful and glowy and all that, but can normally be defined be the sapphire necklaces they wear. They take troubled dragons (like, reeeaaaally troubled) to a heaven-like world known as Lixren, where they can happily finish their lives carefree. A
Hybrid Angel is a dragon that an Angel has passed down its powers to. They also wear necklaces, but are more similar to normal dragons.About Atlantis-
  • Atlantis is a place where giant, quartz buildings stand like underwater skyscrapers, supported by stone pillars. Some of it had to be removed in making room for the wall. (I am honestly out of ideas as of what to describe it as ^-^')
Rules
  • No godmodding
  • No powerplaying
  • You can only be one of the listed dragons
  • If a new release comes along with an aquatic breed, I will address it
  • To prove you read the rules, put Darren in the other section
  • Please, please, PLEASE be polite!
  • Being hiatis for more than a week (without telling me why) will earn you a grey listing
  • Breaking these TWICE will ban you
Dragons you can be (if you feel something is missing feel free to tell me)
  • Red-finned Tidal

Seawyrm Pygmy

Water

Waterhorse

Deep Sea

Shallow Water

Two-Finned Bluna

Shimmer-scale

(look, I know the list isn't very big, but there aren't a lot of dragons that could actually sustain life underwater 24/7)

Character Sheet

[LIST]
[*][B]Username[/B]
[*][B]Character Name[/B]
[*][B]Dragon Species[/B]
[*][B]Gender[/B]
[*][B]History[/B]
[*][B]Personality[/B]
[*][B]Other[/B]
[/LIST]

Edited by Psycho Cat

Reserved~

Greyed-

None

Blacked-

None

Edited by Psycho Cat

PM is preferred, but either works. Also, oops, I forgot to reserve a post. Silly me ^^'

Could you please delete that?))

((I deleted it, and thanks ^^ *goes off to make an app for a gold shimmer <3*))

EDIT: Are the Angels considered dragons?

Edited by SpiritWolfe

((Boop bop! RP time.))

Lorelei sighed, and pressed her cheek into the hard, lumpy pillow. Her bleary turquoise eyes fluttered open. Soft, sea green light filtered into the small white-walled room. It glossed over all the cracks and deformities on the chipped marble walls, and made the tiny room seem almost beautiful. The light trickled under the door frame, coaxing the tiny apartment awake. Echoing noises from the small kitchen filtered through the stagnant water. The dragoness grimaced, and hauled herself off the tiny cot. The sunrises here, in Atlantis, were always one of the things that gave Lorelei hope.

Not that hope counted for much.

Although, now that Leah was an Angel, things had been getting better. Work was as boring as ever, but Lorelei was happy. She hoped.

There it was again. Hope. One of the many things the Angels were supposed to bring. Joy, happiness, peace. All of that.

Yet, Lorelei felt none of it.

Maybe "none" was a bit harsh. Sure, she did feel better. Leah was much better. She didn't come home every day and find him collapsed on the floor, too deep in a pit of despair to move. He took up cooking, a hobby which he excelled at. They both reaped the benefits of that. He also had purpose to his life, although what it was he barely knew. Lorelei did, and she tried to tell him, but his new-found change of heart didn't include listening. Although he might have a reason for that. Their roles had been reversed; he took care of her. She, for a while now, had been weak and sick. She had gotten pretty anemic after weeks of barely eating. He coaxed her abused body back to health. She was grateful, to be sure, but she didn't like to think of herself getting weaker. She had always been like that; everyone said so. Her mother, her father, her many siblings. Not a day went by when someone from the Fishke clan stopped her on the street to offer their help and condolences.

Lorelei shook her weary head, banishing her tortured thoughts. She rubbed a flipper across her eyes, and righted herself. She shot a glance at the mirror on the wall, and flashed a brief smile. "Time to get up! I still have work, and they won't wait for me any longer." she whispered. Her shoulders settled, and she swam through the open door with a purpose.

Edited by Ayesthine

Sweet collided with spicy, moist tender flesh was cut neatly into fillets, scales were plucked out, and a collage of scents filled the water. The freshly cut fillets, covered in the most delicate of spices, was neatly being wrapped in carefully cut seaweed. Leah steadily placed the prepared meal onto opalescence colored plates. His talons trembled as he concentrated on putting the fillets on the plates. Leah let out a content sigh as he placed his hands on his hips and looked at his handy work. He would of added something else to the meal, but it was hard enough to find things that didn't float away. Leah had to stuff the fish with various edible objects to keep them from floating upward. It was a delicate process and took a lot of work. Leah had nearly mastered the skill and was rather content with himself for doing do.

The sound of thumping redirected Leah's attention. His head swirled around and his mouth instantly formed into a grin. "Good morning, sleeping beauty!" he called playfully as Lorelei disheveled herself out of her bedroom door. "Breakfast is ready and you better not try and skip it again!" Leah called. His grin widened and his eyes shined with happiness.

There it was again. The dream that had haunted her by night since her family was taken away crept into her fitful sleep again, and it was always the same. A glimmer of hope in her parents' eyes, a flash of blinding white light, and then loneliness. A hollow, heartbreaking loneliness. Lila shuddered awake, glad to open her eyes and see the faint rays of sunrise penetrating the restless ocean water. I'm here with the Angels, as an Angel, just as I was destined to be. Nothing is wrong. She repeated the last three words through her head over and over again, relishing in the soothing reassurance. Nothing is wrong. Nothing is wrong. Nothing will ever be wrong again.

She sighed deeply with a trace of wistfulness, uncoiling her shining serpentine body and stretching luxuriously as she forced herself awake. However much Lila knew that her duty as an Angel - no, a Hybrid Angel - was ever so important, she wished dearly that she could see her parents and friends again, just once. It would mean the world to her.

Letting out yet another tired sigh, Lila hauled herself out of her cozy room, her sharps claws clicking against the hard floor. The sound echoed faintly through the water, and she strained to hear it as it eventually died away into nothing, except the continuous, everlasting sound of lapping waves overhead. Yes, she was definitely lucky to be chosen to become an Angel. Very, very lucky. Now, Lila had a chance to save others, to reunite them with their loved ones and free them of ambitious Veo Triig's strict laws. The young Gold Shimmer-scale fingered her brilliant sapphire necklace absentmindedly, stroking it with a gentle claw. She felt powerful, beautiful, and proud wearing the mysterious gem, and smiled softly to herself at the thought of her parents beaming at her, and her friends blushing in envy.

"Hello?" she called out, breaking the watery silence. She craned her neck around a doorway, opening her mouth to speak again, this time raising her voice to be heard. "Anyone there?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

((Where would you put the charrie sheets? It would be helpful to see which dragons are what breed. Another question, do you have an OOC? Also, can I join?))

((The sheets are in the OoC, which only takes a bit of looking to find.

And the more the merrier!))

((Color change because I can <3 ))

Lorelei smiled sadly at Leah's cheery face, and waved a flipper through the water. "No, thanks, although it looks lovely. I'm just not hungry." She slipped past the Waterhorse, through the narrow kitchen, and into the crowded den. Bits of coral decorated the dreary gray stone, and mats of dyed seaweed graced the blank floors. The tiny room was cheerful and and sunny. A few luminescent bulbs bathed the scene with a reddish-orange light.

Lorelei smoothed her head-fins back with a nervous paw. As she packed a shiny, black, sealskin bag with a few old tomes, she bit her lip. A trail of reddish blood diffused into the water, and trailed around her head like a sickening halo. Her arms shook as she readied herself for another day of panicked writing. Being a clerk, while it payed well, was not a low-stress job. The worry showed on the Shallow Water's angular face.

Leah puffed out his cheeks and grabbed his hips. "Who said you were allowed to skip breakfast?" he challenged as he swam over to where his friend was. The distress on Lorelei's face left a stab of pain within Leah. She wasn't as happy as she use to be and Leah blamed himself for that. She was just fine before he went into depression. Was it his fault that she was like this? Why couldn't he be a better friend? How could he do this to her? "Come on, I want, no, I insist that you eat!" Leah chimed as he plastered a smile upon his face. He gently nudged his friend's shoulder and began to pull her towards the kitchen. "If you try to run away, then I'll force you to eat," Leah chuckled playfully.

((I'm posting an intro for Even because she requested it))

The Angel slowly descended, materializing in a flash of light. Her glimmering bright wings expanded in a vast position, glowing with a mystical quality despite no ambient light sources were visible. As she landed, she set her soft eyes upon a stranger: a Red-finned Tidal. "Hello," she said in a hushed voice. "I'm sure deserve an explanation for not being chosen to leave. Yet. It is not without reason, though. We thought long and hard, and have finally come on the decision to allow you to walk among us. We believe you have the power to save lives. Take this and wear it with pride." She gave the dragon a small sapphire necklace,and took her leave. She would have to pave her own path from now on.

Lorelei struggled silently as Leah pulled her away. "I- I really don't need to eat! I swear. I ate yesterday." She stared pleadingly at her friend, eyes wide and round. "I don't think I could eat even if I wanted to." Her stomach growled in protest. Lorelei laughed nervously, trying to cover up the rumbling gurgle. Her anxious flippers churned the bubbling water. "T- That was nothing to worry about! Just, well- " She chattered frantically, and wracked her brain for a suitable explanation. She couldn't let Leah know how weak she really was. It would just hurt him, confuse him, and depress him. She couldn't bear to see her friend so distraught over something she considered so trivial.

Leah let out a heart filled laugh when he hear his friend's stomach growl. "It looks like your stomach disagrees with you," Leah giggled as he tugged Lorelei slightly harder. "Come on already! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I won't have you squirm yourself out this time!" Leah's efforts at pulling Lorelei were done in a gentle manner. He didn't wish to accidentally harm her and would never dare to aggressively push her into the kitchen. Even so, his grip got ever so slightly stronger. If she wished, Lorelei could free herself with ease. But Leah knew that Lorelei inside and out. She was not the type to run away.

Azuella slowy lifted her dark head, here eyes narrow slits as they took in the light. Slowly blinking away the sleepiness, she stretched out her fins, then her neck. A bit of warmth prickled at her scales as she groggily heaved herself out of bed. She stretched out once more before gazing at herself in her mirror- studying every scale- and then gently rubbed the stone on her necklace. She wasn't too sure of the purpose it served; it must just be something all Angels- or Hybrid Angels, she corrected herself irately. She flattened the scaly crest on her head and reached out to open her door. Grabbing hold of her doorknob an wrenching it open, she blinked once and glided out the door.

[[i'd add more but I wasn't sure if they all live in the same building or whatever..... just need a little info on that and I'll be good to keep going.]]

Skiia

Skiia lashed out at the seaweed, cutting it in half brutally. She had to be chosen as an Angel. She didn't even like others that much. Carrying the seaweed in her mouth, her were already turning a dark red color to reflect her anger. Even though she had gotten used to facing it, the idea of being an Angel still confused and upset her occasionally. Since she had seaweed, she decided to make breakfast. Being an Angel had done something weird to her appetite and made her less hungry for food. Maybe it was just her emotions though. She quickly killed a fish, taking out her anger on it. When she had caught and killed another one, her anger had faded and her eyes were once again a swirl of different colors. Taking the fish and seaweed home, she quickly made a meal and ate it.

Lorelei struggled still more, but made no move to break from her friend's grasp. She didn't have the heart to run away. "B- But, work is important! I have to get there on time today, or.. " she trailed off. Work was not a subject she told Leah much about. The two had been friends for most of their life, but she was never comfortable with telling him about her job. The conditions were so wretched that there was no good light to put it in to soothe Leah's mind.

Lorelei broke herself free from yet another deluge of unsettling thoughts. She stretched out a thin orange arm and snatched her bag from a wooden armchair. The thin bag caught on the sharp edge of a barnacle, and the fabric tore.

Lorelei cut off a gasp. She snatched the thin sheets of hide drifting through the water, and tried to shuffle them into a stack. Her thin, loose fingers shook as she did, and the hides nearly slipped through her grasp.

Leah instinctively came to his friend's side. "No buts!" he growled as he watched Lorelei shakily gather the papers. "You've gone without breakfast for far too long! You can eat breakfast and still make it on time to work." Leah looked worriedly at Lorelei as her fingers trembled. He gently grabbed her hands and assisted her in shuffling the papers into a neat stack. "Come on, Lorelei," Leah pleaded. "Just eat your meal for once. Please? For me?" Edited by Doctortear

Azuella slowly made her way outside and nimbly darted at a fish, first missing then just barely grabbing its tail. Shaking her head as she returned to her new home, she realized it might be a little helpful to learn how to hunt a little better. Dropping the fish as she entered again, she searched the cupboards for some spices, anything to give the fish a little flavor. She found a small shaker with a bit of salt and shrugged, grabbing it. She scaled the fish as well as she could, poured the salt on it, and patted it down a little. Since she was awful at working with kitchen appliances, she wished she had some other way to heat up the fish. She let out a sigh and ate. Edited by RiverstarOfSkyclan