Totts

How was your last dentist visit?

Well, the last time I was at the dentist was three years ago, back in 2017. I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. And I needed to be sedated for it. I suppose the visit itself was fine, considering I was sedated during the procedure. However it was followed by two weeks of extreme pain, and another 5-7 weeks of my jaw being so locked I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat a lot of different things. Oh, and of course there was that one night in which I was eating egg and some small pieces of the egg got stuck in the holes that were still in the process of closing. I had a literal panic attack.

That being said, aside from that horrible experience, my dentist and the dental surgeon whom removed my wisdom teeth (two different people) both said I had fantastic teeth. :D

So I had my checkup today and it was not as bad as thought it would be. I had some erosion and a few starting cavities but nothing alarming and the next checkup will be after two years. In the meantime, though, I'll need to book an appointment for removal of calculus... ouch (that will be my first time!) I also heard I have wisdom teeth and they fit very well in my mouth. All in all, I'm proud of myself that I finally went there despite having this image in my mind before the visit that for sure half of my teeth would have to be removed...

My last visit went pretty good, I guess my teeth like to fix themselves. I am however having some gum trouble. My next visit is in a few days so they'll have to check it out.

I was THRILLED to get an appointment last week; I've been trying ever since the pandemic hit. I have two small chips - and now AT LAST I have an appointment to have them fixed (one even needs a crown - I expected that; it's been building up for that for years.) So - delighted.

Posted (edited)

I was supposed to go yeterday. Then my ride said at 7:16 pm that they couldn't take me.Then they called yesterday a little after the time they were supposed to pick me up and 'I'll be there as soon as I can. (after I'd just changed into my old clothes so I had to get dressed again). Then she called back and said, 'No, I just can't make it in time.'  Not the driver's fault. She was trying, but the schedulers' fault. 

So I rescheduled with the dentist for the 7th.

And then the dentist office called and said they needed to reschedule and I'd have to wait until the 12th. I said I would take the appointment, because there's a thunderstorm going on and I was surprised the cell phone signal was steady enough to even let me have a conversation. But I'll look for somewhere else for something sooner when it's not storming.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Very strange. Everyone in respirators and face shields and surgical gowns, The French windows wide open (and it was FREEZING...) And no glass of water to rinse :(

But all that drilling and prep is done and in a couple of weeks I get a crown (which is non-invasive, so she can be back with the regular mask !

She's very pretty - but on Tuesday she didn't look that way at all !

I too don't see a dentist as often as they recommend, but I take good care of my own teeth. I have had too,as there were long stretches of time I didn't have/couldn't afford insurance.

I also suspect the dental staff's true motives at times. Some are just after expensive procedures. I used to move around a lot so I would see different dentists each time, and it was amazing the different opinions I would get. One said I needed my wisdom teeth out as they were impacted and would soon cause "severe pain if you don't do something now." However as my jaw didn't bother me at all I declined, said I would worry about it if/when it started to bother me. Two years later, a different dentist sees nothing wrong with my wisdom teeth they came up just fine. *shrugs*

Absolutely excellent - now I have a crown and my teeth work. But it wasn't cheap.