Totts

How was your last dentist visit?

Last time I was at a dentist I had my wisdom teeth out. that was like...four years ago. It was nice, I was knocked out the whole time. Recovery for me was pretty easy, apparently I have a very high pain tolerance.

It went fine. I need to floss more though. And apparently I'll have only three wisdom teeth.

Never had a problem with the dentist, on the contrary, I liked visiting the dentist when I was little because you'd always get a little plastic toy when it's done. Visiting the regular doctor on the other hand... Fear.

Funny thing though, I rarely have to visit the dentist, but every time I do Eye of the Tiger is playing on the radio of the examination room. Every time.

I'm very pleased with my dentist. The whole staff is very nice. I'm glad they are doing a nice job on my teeth. I get my teeth cleaned at the end of the month. I can't wait! Its fun going there.

I haven't been to the dentist, in years

Me either. I've never really had teeth problems, and if I ever did there is no way I'd ever get my tooth drilled into. That's just... *shudders* I don't plan to have my wisdom teeth pulled either.

Well today I'm going to visit my dentist. Time for teeth cleaning. Every time I go there I get a nice welcome. Very nice friendly staff. I'm glad I found them. Not many nice dentists these days. You gotta be careful who your dentist is.

Edited by SpikeTheDragon

Awful to say the most.

The dude didn't even fix my tooth right and it might break off soon too dry.gif

I seriously need to find a new dentist

Ha, this thread reminded me that I was supposed to go back to the dentist to get my x-rays updated a few months ago. Ooops.... biggrin.gif

I hate going to the dentist. I had regular orthodontist trips when I had braces for 6 years, and I really don't like people messing inside my mouth or being in my personal space. Luckily I have obsessive teeth-brushing habits.

The one good thing about the visits is that I usually go with my younger sister, and I have fun singing the Dentist Song from Little Shop of Horrors just to pester her. >:3

I'm fine with the dentist. I just put on an audiobook at a level where I can still hear instructions and a bandana blindfold so I don't have to deal with that bright light in my eyes, then sit back and wait for it to be over.

However, I don't like my current dentist. Dad doesn't either, so we're thinking about switching.

I had a good dentist when I was young. It seems that it mostly depends on what happened as a child and how likely the person is to get traumatized permanently.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

The last time I was there everything went great, I go onces a year...

I always brush my best before I go to the dentist, then they break the bad news that I don't brush good enough. I might get x-rays that I often gag on, or they'll have to use that painful Waterpik on me. I just went a couple weeks ago, and I had to get a loose tooth pulled too. It still kills because all they put on it was numbing gel.

At least they didn't give me the fluoride! Haha

I have a phobia of dentists, unfortunately. last time I had a cavity that somehow was under the gum so I needed surgery. and then I went to hyvee while still doped up on sedatives and wandered around aimlessly for a while

I got my braces off a couple months ago, and I went in for a checkup recently. It was really quick and easy. But my overall experience wasn't that great because I think if my orthodontist were more proactive, I could have gotten by braces off much sooner. Oh well.

Last one went fine. The dentist put me in a chair. The dentist pulled two of my teeth. The dentist pried my hands off the armrests. Yup.

Two years ago.

I brush twice a day.

Haven't had a dental issue ever.

Although, I did have to wear braces when I was in my early teens.

It was pretty nice, I talked about Breaking Bad with the guy and I got free stuff.

Edited by GoldDestiny

My last dentist visit was quite some time ago, and it was relatively pleasant. I got a cavity filled, and it wasn't too bad.

Last time I went was about 3 years ago, to get my two wisdom teeth out. They were impacted so I had to have an IV. It worked, I didn't feel a thing during the procedure, but I felt awful afterwards--nauseous, loopy, painful. Plus that dentist charged us for an extensive cleaning that they didn't actually perform. I haven't been back in so long because there aren't any other dentists in the area that take our insurance. The ones who do take it around here have other issues I don't want to go into.

I've had several procedures done--wisdom teeth, one filling, a fissurodomy (sp?) (like a filling, but for a deep, naturally-occurring crevice in the molar, so it won't crack later on in life), one regular extraction, fittings for braces that I didn't end up getting. I had the molds done like the OP did, except I felt like I was going to choke on all the putty they used (literally, I gagged a couple times).

The last good dentist I went to was my kids' dentist--he was really awesome and friendly, but he didn't take patients over 10-12 (can't remember exactly). The adult dentists I've been to have all been lousy. They don't believe me when I say something hurts, they leave out important pieces of information, they recommend procedures I don't need and exaggerate the consequences of not doing the procedure--I could go on. They're just generally inconsiderate--the guy who did my wisdom teeth scheduled my appointment for 10 am and then kept me in the waiting room till noon, for instance. I'm not saying all adult dentists are like this, just the 3-4 I've been to. I envy all you folks who have had good experiences with them--I sure haven't.

So, I got my braces, and they had to X-ray my head, I got took into this weird booth and told to stay still and a machine whirred round my head, xraying me, I desperatly wanted to laugh and my lips were twitching lol, I felt like I was being converted into a cyberman!

Got my braces tightened, so painful and unpleasant even though I'm used to it by now. dry.gif