DragonKami

Which do you think is better?

Which do you like more.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

D) Free online gameplay. No monthly fee needed.

Technically you need to pay internet bills, but i see why you are saying this.

Technically you need to pay internet bills, but i see why you are saying this.

Pretty sure you need to pay internet bill as well as the subscription on consoles too. I wouldn't know as I never online game on consoles. Not worth the subscription fee for how little I'd use it.

Even most MMOs are free-to-play now. There's only a handful of subscription-only holdouts (I think 15?).

Close between my 3DS and PS3, but gotta go PS3. It brings me the wonder of Netflix and Borderlands.

3DS has Netflix too, you know. ;)

And it's only SOME console systems that charge for online play... Actually, it's specifically only Xbox that does so. If PS3 does it, I haven't played any games that does. And 3DS certainly doesn't.

Edited by MysticTiger

I love PC games and Gamecube and 3DS and PS2. I can't pick one favorite I like them all D:

Edited by Switch

Hard to say.

But PS3 > 360, for sure. Absolutely. I mean, I really have way more exclusives I care more about on PS3.

PS3 got Xillia and Graces F, it's got KH 1.5, it's getting the Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 2... It's got the inFAMOUS series...

360 has... Halo, the Banjo-Kazooie stuff for download/Nuts & Bolts, Vesperia, and Blue Dragon... Other than that, I really have no exclusives to it that I care about. And I prefer Tales and inFAMOUS to Halo, sooooo... The exclusives are better on PS3.

Also hell yes to having one disc when 360 needs more!

360 isn't a terrible system. I have one and I enjoy the games I have that require it. But PS3 offers me much more in terms of the exclusives that I like, so I gotta say it's best.

Nintendo systems, though, also have some amazing stuff that's exclusive. I'm fond of Pokemon in the extreme (hell yeah X/Y!), Zelda's fun too. The Smash Brothers games are great as well. Until Symphonia Chronicles comes out, ToS1 is GameCube only (well, PS2 as well in Japan only) and DotNW is Wii only. I got a WiiU specifically for Wind Waker (the bundle is sweeeet). Abyss on the 3DS is great--the PS2 version is what killed my PS2, actually. xd.png So a version that doesn't make you pray the game didn't crash every time that you enter/exit a battle on the world map is nice. So they've got some good exclusive series.

I'm not huge on mobile device gaming, because it sucks up my battery life, but there's some pretty good ones on the iDevices. Not sure about Android or anything else, though.

PSP had some nice games, loved Birth By Sleep, but not terribly great. Vita looks better, but there's still not quite enough games to entice me to consider one--especially as I got a WiiU and thus can't afford the Vita.

I'm going with PS4 over Xboned, because honestly? I don't need that extra stuff nor can I really afford the $100 extra for the Kinect. I figure I'll probably get one after a price drop somewhere down the line, but really, at this point... Halo's the only exclusive I could see myself getting it for, and unless they have several more exclusives to entice me then it's really just not worth it at all to spend so much on a system that'll have one exclusive series for me.

Right now I'm heavily favoring my PS3 in general, just because it's got a lot of great games on it that I like. But I also have a lot of 'em for my PS2. So I'm favoring Sony systems, for sure.

But hey--each has some good stuff for it, just some of it's got some better stuff when it comes to my tastes.

PC will always be king.

Reasons being:

A) The games are cheaper. (Especially since Steam hit the scene.)

В) Mouse + Keyboard works too well to ignore.

C) MODS MODS MODS!!!

D) Free online gameplay. No monthly fee needed.

E) You can always insert a USB controller and use that, if you're so into that over Mouse + Keyboard.

F) Emulators, emulators for old game systems everywhere! Retro gamers rejoice!

G) Upgradeability and generally higher Hardware standards.

H) Flexibility, you can literally do anything easily on a PC.

I) Y'arr.

There are more reasons, but I can't recall them right now.

That is pretty true.... They also have new game emulators...

I can't help but wonder where the new system Steam have just announced will end up falling.

PS3 LEADS OVER XBOX XBOX=5 VOTES 10% PS3= 10 VOTES 20% PC LEADS NOOOOOO

PS3 for life

PS3 is on top, and I'd have to say PC and then Nintendo handhelds after that. I'm not a big Wii or Xbox type of person.

I have a 3DS and NDSL, so yeah. But I also like PC games.

PC and for a simple reason for those of you who say ya need a good PC, I give to you gaben's gift of BUILDING ONE Lets low it down

Okay for those of you who are not virgins and aren't obsessed with benchmarks we gotta give da facts, Doctor Maelstrom will school you on Hardware

Next Gen Stuff£400

720p w/ Bells and Whistles with 60fps

1080p w/ some bells and little whistles at 30fps

£500 Can Run Skyrim High-The Rig in Question

1080p w/ Bells and Whistles with 60fps and can handle SOME mods

£750 Awesome Rig with Epicness sprinkled on-Orgasmic

2K Textures w/ Bells and Whistles with 60+fps and Can Handles ALL THE MODS, ENB Ready

The V-Bomb We don't talk about what went in to making this unholy behemoth

So in the end another 350 and you get ALL THE TEXTURES AND MODS plus something to do your hw on

I left something out.

On a PC you can always pirate a game and see if it's as good as it's advertised. If you like it, you buy it for the online gameplay and DLCs and what not.

Don't like it? Glad you didn't dish out all that money, aren't ya?

You're cheap and never wanted to pay for in the first place? Sure, you can do that too... I guess.

Same's with movies. So yea, PRAISE TORRENTS!

I left something out.

On a PC you can always pirate a game and see if it's as good as it's advertised. If you like it, you buy it for the online gameplay and DLCs and what not.

You're cheap and never wanted to pay for in the first place? Sure, you can do that too... I guess.

And the counter argument to that is that because of this behavior, PC users have to deal with much more invasive DRM policies and requirements.

"PC gaming because stealing" doesn't really hold up as an argument, especially in an era of Humble Bundles and Steam Sales where prices will sink much lower than console sales typically ever will.

I left something out.

Just sayin', but you can pirate console games and handheld games, too. People do it all the time.

PCs. I did away with consoles years ago, because their short comings were disappointing and are easily remedied [with PCs]. I doubt I'll ever buy a console again.

Edited by Wahya

And the counter argument to that is that because of this behavior, PC users have to deal with much more invasive DRM policies and requirements.

"PC gaming because stealing" doesn't really hold up as an argument, especially in an era of Humble Bundles and Steam Sales where prices will sink much lower than console sales typically ever will.

Ah, but consider this.

Without piracy, there would be no steam sales, nor any humble bundles.

These affordable alternatives were initially movements against the very cause of piracy, the over-bloated prices for games that the media mafia demands.

If it wasn't for piracy, we'd still be forced to cough up in excess of 60$ - 100$ a piece (if lucky) for just one game. While I am not a hardcore software pirate, I still support the act of internet piracy, because like it or not, it's the most solid competition to what would otherwise be a ridiculously overpriced market.

So hooray for the PC, hooray for torrents, and hooray for Steam and other such great alternatives to cashing out way more then you should for videogames.

Edited by Ælex

Actually the biggest driver for piracy is the lack of proper demos these days. People don't want to shell out that much money if they don't know what they're getting for it. Pirating is becoming a way of demoing the game before people buy it. I'm pretty damned certain that if there were more decent demos out there, people would be pirating less. Sales may even increase, because people that found a really good demo may well go on to buy the game.

Ever more agressive DRM is also increasing pirating - as the reason games were cracked in the first place (and this is many years ago) was to get around having to change disc ever few minutes (BG2 - I'm looking at you. 5 ruddy discs just for gameplay - is it any wonder people wanted it cracked?). If you've got akward restrictions on getting at the game, it's just a reason for the pirates to make life less akward.

Actually the biggest driver for piracy is the lack of proper demos these days. People don't want to shell out that much money if they don't know what they're getting for it. Pirating is becoming a way of demoing the game before people buy it. I'm pretty damned certain that if there were more decent demos out there, people would be pirating less. Sales may even increase, because people that found a really good demo may well go on to buy the game.

Ever more agressive DRM is also increasing pirating - as the reason games were cracked in the first place (and this is many years ago) was to get around having to change disc ever few minutes (BG2 - I'm looking at you. 5 ruddy discs just for gameplay - is it any wonder people wanted it cracked?). If you've got akward restrictions on getting at the game, it's just a reason for the pirates to make life less akward.

Not to mention you can't lend a friend a PC game most of the time anymore.

Also, I consider $60 to be reasonable for the amount of work that goes into games.

I agree, $60 is good for the work that goes into it.

I personally wish they were cheaper so I could afford more, but when you consider all the work done on them... Most of them I think are well worth the $60. Some of them, not so much. But personal taste also accounts for that.

You guys say that about game pricing - but it's been shown repeatedly during steam sales that they make more profit when the price is dropped. That's not just shift more sales (which they do, to be fair) that's actual profit that goes up dramatically.

I think I've raised this before. To me it seems basic maths. Sell, say, 2 games at £60 and the total is £120. Because the people that paid £60 are the ones that really wanted it. Priced at £15? You'll probably sell 10 for ever 2 you sold at £60. Because far more people will be willing to take a stab at at game they're unsure of when it's that price. The lower the price, the higher that portion of people willing to give it a go becomes. And once they've bought the game, does it really matter if they fall in love and continue playing it?

And, lets face it, the cost of getting the game to the consumer is not where the massive costs lie - that's in development. Cost is minimal if you're selling the digital download, and it's not much higher to ship a physical copy (although I recognise that stores do have overheads).

So, yeah, I'm actually pretty certain that lowering the price would bring more money in at the end of the day - simply because you'd sell a hell of a lot more.

You guys say that about game pricing - but it's been shown repeatedly during steam sales that they make more profit when the price is dropped. That's not just shift more sales (which they do, to be fair) that's actual profit that goes up dramatically.

I think I've raised this before. To me it seems basic maths. Sell, say, 2 games at £60 and the total is £120. Because the people that paid £60 are the ones that really wanted it. Priced at £15? You'll probably sell 10 for ever 2 you sold at £60. Because far more people will be willing to take a stab at at game they're unsure of when it's that price. The lower the price, the higher that portion of people willing to give it a go becomes. And once they've bought the game, does it really matter if they fall in love and continue playing it?

And, lets face it, the cost of getting the game to the consumer is not where the massive costs lie - that's in development. Cost is minimal if you're selling the digital download, and it's not much higher to ship a physical copy (although I recognise that stores do have overheads).

So, yeah, I'm actually pretty certain that lowering the price would bring more money in at the end of the day - simply because you'd sell a hell of a lot more.

I understand how supply and demand works, but I still find that $60 is reasonable.