aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

Since I don't have time to fill out the questionaire....

My plans so far, I owe a couple of 2nd gen PB marrows. So far that's it. Maybe grab a few more pumpkins from different lines than what I have and of course the new halloween.

Might try and trade some of my 2nd gen halloweens for something...

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

I have been the unlucky one to miss Halloween EVERY year. This will be the first year I'll be active on DC for the release. So, I need at least one of each.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

I would really like a Marrow/Hellhorse lineage.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

If I had any, I'd probably offer them as trades, or dump them in the AP. I love AP hunting, and as a newbie of Halloween, I have to pretty much stalk the AP to hopefully get my eggies.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

Probably not. I have vampires.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

I wanted to try to make a zombie this year, but with all the previous releases I want to catch, I think I'm going to wait.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I want something creepy!

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

Honestly? Absolutely anything. I'm planning on having a pretty free day on Halloween so I can come to the computer whenever I want.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

I love the Marrows. They are gorgeous.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

As many 2nd gen Marrows as possible. ^^ Specifically 2nd gens from m Tan Ridgewing, f Green Copper, f/m Black Tea, f/m Tri-horn.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Haven't decided for the CB's (2 male Marrows, 8 male Lurkers, 8 female Lurkers) yet, I thought I'd leave them open for custom trades. If that falls through I'll probably go with Bright Pink, Silvers, Coppers and Tri-Horns or Black Teas. No purebreds or other holiday pairings either way though.

The 2nd gens will be bred to produce 3rd gen checkers:

f Pumpkin x m Crimson - lineage

m Pumpkin x f Dark Myst

f Marrow x m Red Dorsal - lineage

f Marrow x m Golden Wyvern - lineage

f Marrow x m Silver

m Marrow x f Gold

Marrow x Blue Nebula

f SW x m Golden Wyvern

f SW x m Black

f SW x m Horse

f SW x m Royal Blue

m SW x f Blusang - lineage

m SW x f Swallowtail - lineage

SW x Rosebud

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

I was hoping to trade the 2nd gen eggs to make sure I get the specific pairings I'm looking for, but if not they'll just be dropped to the AP. 3rd gens will be dropped to the AP or gifted upon request.

Nope.

Only got the one zombie last year so I've started preparing a couple more zombie fodders, hoping for an ungendered.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Black Marrows smile.gif no favorite pairings though.

Edited by tnoelemaK

Have no idea, probably with whatever anyone asks to have them bred with.

Plan on gifting as many that I get requests for, if no specific requests I will probably dump in the AP

Not during the holiday, just done my last bite and will wait til after before I start biting again.

Why of course, already have my adults picked out and ready, and will try to get as many hatchies as I can. I have 2 adults, sadly no kiddies yet.

Shadow Walkers are not only my fav Halloween, they are in my top 3 from all dragons. Black Marrows are really nice too.

Black MarrowxHarvest

Anything w/ Black Marrow <3

I don't have any ;n;

Same as above ;n;

Heck no! I'm not risking an egg spot for a vampire!

I'm not sure... I'll think about it biggrin.gif

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I'm hoping traditional horror monster theme. Werewolf, Mummy, Swamp Monster, etc...

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

Sure I will! It sounds like fun.

Black Marrows are best <3 biggrin.gif

Will be obsessively hunting for kin from prize dragons and alts and for lurkers from discontinued pinks

Have tons I plan to breed, mostly SW checkers and pumpkin checkers

Already have a few trades arranged. Will be dumping or gifting some and keeping a few, like this spiral http://dragcave.net/lineage/DTTPm, and a couple of bright pink x marrow or lurker checkers to build on for next year.

No, have plenty

Going to try to continue to zombify a couple of lineages, was only partly successful last year.

Anything but spiders, please sad.gif

A mummy dragon would be fantastic, and of course I still think a candy corn dragon would be hilarious

Nothing too overwhelming I hope, the trick or treating usually keeps me pretty busy

I like them all even though the female lurkers kind of creep me out a bit.

Favorite pairings:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=PGjsD

http://dragcave.net/lineage/A9Ubu

http://dragcave.net/lineage/baZTG

Edited by Tawanda001

I'm gonna be hunting for as many marrows as I can, as well as a handful of whatever new thing might come out.

I'm gonna try to breed as many marrows as I can with a lineage like this. It might be a bit weird, but I love it.

Maybe. But at the same time, I dunno, because there are always holiday walls, and I don't want my babies not

to get picked up and end up dead. But if anybody asks me for something I'll breed it for them.

My best friend loves the vampires, so any I pick up are gonna go to her.

I have a whole pile of zombie hatchies already, and a few adults, but I'm gonna be trying to get a

couple more adults.

I'm hoping to see something creepy.

I really loved the event two years ago with the dragon's ghost. It'd be really cool if this year's event

was similar. And I'm gonna do my best to try to get all the trick-or-treat trinkets.

My favourite Hallowe'en breed has to be the marrows. I love them so much. And I love to breed them

with pebbles. The colour combination looks nice to me.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage? Hunting for all other than Vamps, hoping to catch 21 during breed week. Somehow I've managed to miss every Halloween since I started playing. not this year.

I'd like too...but I don't think I have the heart for it haha

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? Hum I donno. We've hit most of the typical Halloweeny notes...Maybe black cat or Weredragon?

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat? As long as I get to ad a badge I'm happy

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? Pumpkins are cute...but Shadow Walkers are pretty cool looking

I'm basically looking for all the Halloween breeds except for vamps. Eyeing on 1 male and 1 female adult of a 2nd gen PB for each species since I love pure breeds!

No breedable Halloween dragons atm. :/

As answered in the previous question.

Nope for both. I've got my fill of vamps and I don't want to take up more kill slots.

Definitely! Gonna get 1 male 1 female adult and 1 ungendered, female and male hatchling respectively to achieve my scroll goals. I haven't had any zombies yet since this is my first Halloween on DC.

I'm hoping for something that is similar to the titans in Attack on Titan... Then again I might be immersing myself too much into that anime.

Something simple yet not too simple that I get bored hopefully. I'm a completionist & a perfectionist by nature so yup! Definitely!

It's a tie between Cavern Lurkers and Shadow Walkers. I prefer dark-themed dragons more so Cavern Lurkers!

As for pairings, Cavern Lurkers x Alt. Blacks looks really cool~

I'll answer the questionnaire later, but wanted to throw out a concern I have regarding the upcoming holiday events and the AP. Assuming that TJ keeps the AP as it is now, and also turns on holiday breeding for one week as has been the case lately, people who seek older holidays from the AP will have less than four days, not the full seven days, to collect the past holiday eggs. I am guessing that abandoned Holiday eggs will sit in the queue until they are at a low enough time before they appear on the AP, which means, based on eggs currently showing up there, that they would be in queue for more than three days.

This might not be as big a problem for Halloween, but it could be for holidays with a two dragon limit, especially Christmas, when a lot of people are traveling, spending time with family, going to church, etc.

I'll answer the questionnaire later, but wanted to throw out a concern I have regarding the upcoming holiday events and the AP. Assuming that TJ keeps the AP as it is now, and also turns on holiday breeding for one week as has been the case lately, people who seek older holidays from the AP will have less than four days, not the full seven days, to collect the past holiday eggs. I am guessing that abandoned Holiday eggs will sit in the queue until they are at a low enough time before they appear on the AP, which means, based on eggs currently showing up there, that they would be in queue for more than three days.

This might not be as big a problem for Halloween, but it could be for holidays with a two dragon limit, especially Christmas, when a lot of people are traveling, spending time with family, going to church, etc.

I believe there will be no problem since holiday egg hit the page first. There will be no wait for them to hit the AP, since holidays always show first, regardless of age..

I believe there will be no problem since holiday egg hit the page first. There will be no wait for them to hit the AP, since holidays always show first, regardless of age..

I guess I wasn't aware of this. Thanks!

One of Black Marrow, Shadow Walker, and Cavern Lurker Dragon. No particular lineage.

This is my first Halloween.

If Vampires count, yes.

Yes, as said above.

Are you going to make any zombies?

Yes, I have picked what dragons to kill already.

I'm hoping to find something like a parasitic or insect-like dragon.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed?

Black Marrows, to me they are the most creepiest, cool, dangerous looking dragons.

Nothing in particular, just more to add to my scroll. I would like to start adding frozen hatchies, since I began freezing hatchies this year. I especially would love to catch an egg from any of the available spriters' alts; crossing my fingers for just one this year.

I have a vast assortment of mates to choose from to make checkers & purebreds like last year. My lurkers might give me a hard time, though, since I have 31 of them. ohmy.gif

I rarely get requests, so my usual is to breed for the AP.

Not planning on doing any vamping, my vamps kill more than they turn.

I might go for another adult male to even out their numbers. I also want some zombie babies this year!

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it ends up being creepy!

I have every intention of collecting every trick or treat item.

I like them all. smile.gif

Ooooh, I've had this all planned out since March! :3 I'M SO EXCITED. *bounces* Halloween is my favourite DC holiday by far.

All my slots except one are dedicated to breeding my own dragons. I think I'll fill the extra space with a nice 2nd gen Black Marrow.

For CBs, I'll be doing everything x Daydream first, and the rest is a mystery even now. I also have a few checkers - m Marrow x Red, m Shadow Walker x Blusang, f Marrow x Flamingo, f Marrow x Olive... all such pretties - and a few stairsteps and spirals to continue.

I'm keeping most of mine this year, as I want to continue lineages. I'll toss those I already have, though.

Ain't nobody got time for that tongue.gif I'll be busy! Maybe a couple days after, though.

ZOMBIES!!! I have five already (male, female, and three hatchlings). This year I'm hoping to try 10, like someone last year did, if I'm not mistaken. I have 4 Cheeses ready for an ungendered Zombie attempt, 4 Whites for a Soulpeace Zombie x Daydream line, one RP dragon and... one extra spot, apparently. I'm not doing any hatchlings this year because ain't nobody got time for that, again.

I want spiders, but that aside, just gimme something scary that looks good in lineages and please not a split/pygmy/drake. I like breeding. It's why Pumpkins are my least favourite Halloweens.

I'm sure it will be something awesome like always. As for Trick or Treat, BRING IT ON.

Black Marrows all the way, I'm still kicking myself for not getting any CBs. And also Cavern Lurkers. I love them allll (well I don't like Pumpkins but they aren't that bad either). My favourite pairing ever is Daydream x Cavern Lurker. Behold: My Heaven is Your Hell lineage (the CB lurker is described btw and it's one of my best)

Edited because it was ugly

Edited by Orlageddon

I mostly want some 2nd gen Pumpkins, but I'll search for any 2nd gen Halloween I can catch or trade~

I have a two Black Marrow stairs (and one Black Marrow I could get the right mate for ;_;) one Pumpkin and one EG Pumpkin with Pygmys. I plan to continue all their lineages.

All my other Halloween dragons are CB and I already have some of their mates tested and ready~

I'll probably gift some, send some to the AP and if there's an interesting trade and I can breed the right Halloween for it...

No. I already have all the vampires I want and I don't want to risk killing an egg.

Yes! I already have a few zombie candidates, although I already own 5 (3 adults, 2 hatchlings)

I want to see a Scarecrow Dragon, but I don't think that'll be the theme xd.png

I hoping for a nice and fun surprise~

I also plan to collect all the trick-or-treat treats.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed?

Shadow Walker <3

Oh god, it's a weeknight x_x

It's my first Halloween on DC, does anyone know what breeds you can get then?

Oh god, it's a weeknight x_x

It's my first Halloween on DC, does anyone know what breeds you can get then?

You can get lineaged dragons of the old breeds from the AP- Pumpkin, marrow, shadow walkers, and lurkers. People will probably be biting eggs for vampires and offering them in the trading and gifting threads too.

If you want to try for making zombies there is a thread here for just that. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

New breeds we won't know about until they show up in the news thread so keep an eye on that as it gets close to halloween.

I adore Shadow Walkers, and I'll be receiving a plethora of those from people who've agreed to breed them for me. I'll also be getting a couple 2G PB Marrows, but I might still hunt Marrows in the AP - I'm missing a frozen. I'll mainly hunt for Pumpkins and Cavern Lurkers, though - need my frozen CLs, and I'd love to get some nice lineages.

I'll probably be breeding at least one 2G PB Cavern Lurker, but besides that I'll pretty much just be continuing lineages and breeding for people I've agreed to breed for.

I've arranged trades or gifting spots for most of them, but I might dump a couple to the AP.

Probably not. I don't really see the point in hunting Vampires around the holidays, unless I have nothing better to do.

I'll not be making zombies this year, no. I'll probably get some eventually, but I'm not super-interested in collecting them.

Hmm... I'd love to see a dragon themed around dark magic, but it probably won't happen. Realistically, we could get a werewolf-themed dragon, if TJ is running through Halloween costume themes. It's all up to the spriters, though.

Yes. I will nolife forever and do whatever it takes to complete the event in time. I don't really know what it'll be, though. I'd love an event like last year's Halloween one, but it'll probably be different and still awesome.

My favorite breed is easily Shadow Walkers. My pairings of choice would probably be CL x Flamingo and SW x Royal Blue.

You can get lineaged dragons of the old breeds from the AP- Pumpkin, marrow, shadow walkers, and lurkers. People will probably be biting eggs for vampires and offering them in the trading and gifting threads too.

If you want to try for making zombies there is a thread here for just that. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

New breeds we won't know about until they show up in the news thread so keep an eye on that as it gets close to halloween.

sounds pretty epic cool.gif

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are?

I just need some S1 hatchies to freeze, so will be breeding the 1st day & the 3rd day(after freezing the hatchies), and let the extra eggs go to the AP.

I have CB's of all the Halloween dragons, so the offspring will be PB.

After I get my S1 hatchies for freezing from the 1st day; I plan on gifting my BF with eggs bred on the 3rd day...since he doesn't have many Halloween dragons.

No, I have enough Vampire dragons.

Yes & Yes! But I need more! wink.gif

I've been collecting Zombie fodder for months...

I have no idea what this year's dragon's theme will be, but a Werewolf, Frankenstein, or Mummy dragon would be cool. tongue.gif

I hope we'll have another fun event like in the past. Oh yes, I definitely will collect ALL the treats. wink.gif

Black Marrow is my fav, and I prefer PB's.

Halloween is my favorite holiday! I had so much fun with the past events (trick or treat hunting, haunted house, haunted village). I'm really looking forward to this year's Event! biggrin.gif

Sort of, I'm hoping to get my hands on more of the past releases.

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I only have on CB Halloween dragon, unfortunately. I'm hoping this year's dragon will suit him well, though!

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

Oh yes, I'm hoping to give some lovely lineages to people.

Nah, I'm not really interested in vampires.

I might try!

Oh, I hope it's something really freaky! I'm crossing my fingers for some mutated, bioluminescent dragon.

I'm not sure! Last year was pretty fun, but I'm hoping they'll kick it up a notch.

Marrows! MARROWS, I love them so much, and I'm so sad I wasn't here for their release. As for pairings, I like PB stuff, nothing too fancy.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage? Black Marrow, Pumpkin, & Cavern Lurker I do not care of the linage so long as it is not to messy

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? I plan to breed them with any of my Cave Born's that I have if not some of my second Gens

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.) Yes I plan on Gifting and Trading

Yes I do plan on makeing more CB Vampires

I am scared to make a zombie because I do not know if it would work and do not want to loose the dragon.

Maybe A ghost like dragon or a witch like dragon.

Same as every year

My favorite breed is the Pumpkin even though I do not have one yet.

This really should not be a problem at all even IF they do not go directly to front of AP as some think. You will still have the same amount of time to hunt for them .. it will just be 3 to 4 days later .. both at beginning of the week, once they start being able to breed they will show up in AP 3 - 4 days later but they will also show up 3 - 4 days AFTER the holiday is over too. So just means everything will be delayed 3 - 4 days.

This will be my first Halloween here. biggrin.gif

Black Marrow, Shadow Walkers, and Pumpkins

I plan on breeding them with my CB dragons to start new lineages.

I usually keep all of my eggs since I don't have many dragons. But is someone is interested in one then I will either gift or trade.

No to both.

No to both.

I don't have a clue as to what the theme would be. A black cat/dragon cross sounds interesting.

I hope I have as much fun as I did with the Easter egg collecting. I doubt I will be able to collect all the treats.

So far it's the Black Marrow. I can see a nice pairing with a red colored dragon.