aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

New release and maybe some second gen cavern lurkers.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Other holidays and the new releases from this year for the CBs and the mates of whatever the 2nd gens are paired with.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

All three, but I've no takers yet.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

Nope.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

No. I already have a few.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I'm hoping for werewolves finally!

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

I liked last year's event. And yes, with help. Haha!

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Lady marrow is my favorite. And I don't have a favorite pairing.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

I actually have quite a list of what I'll be hunting this year.

The following for freezing:

- male pumpkin

- female marrow

- male shadow walker

- male/female/ungendered lurker

And stalking the AP for mates for the following, if I can find them:

- marrow x ember

- flamingo x marrow

- pillow x marrow

- silver x marrow

- marrow x silver

- another marrow x silver

And to start new lineage projects, I'll also be trying to catch:

- any marrow checkers with breeds I don't already have

- 2nd gen marrows from dragons released in the past year

Marrows are by far my favourite, so I'll be focusing on them this year (and the new release, of course) since I've got plenty of the others to suit my needs. smile.gif

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Pumpkins I won't breed unless I get a request, since I'm not that keen on any of their lineages.

Marrows:

- a sibling of this, 3rd gen Thuwed marrow x ember checker

- a heap of checkers that I've been too lazy to find mates for, but if I manage in the next few weeks, there will be those.

Shadow Walkers:

- CBs I don't have many of so I'll probably breed those to whatever breeds I feel like at the time.

- I've got a fair few 2nd gen purebreds which will be bred for 3rd gen purebreds.

Lurkers I've got lots of, so I'll probably breed them all to something different, for some variety.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

Most will go to the AP, but I'll gift a few friends who don't have any yet.

Probably not. tongue.gif I've got enough vampires and I'm not that interested in the dates bitten.

I haven't really decided. I've got one of each sprite so far. I'd like more, but it's such a hassle I'm not sure if I can be bothered. tongue.gif If I have time though, I'll try to work up some fodder I think.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

Hmm, I dunno! My favourite are marrows, since they're actually scary looking. So I'd love to see something with rotting/mouldy flesh, something that's decaying and gross that scares me. Hahahaha.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

Something that gives us a cute badge at the end. And I'll try to collect everything I can.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Marrow! Marrow x anything. I'll be taking whatever checkers I can find.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are?

Just hunting the new ones

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with? What lineages are they?

I will be breeding mostly PB pairs, but I have a shadow walker/marrow pair to try and 2 unmatched dragons that I need ideas on what to pair with a shadow walker and a cave lurker

I just breed to the AP to make others happy

Planning on any vampire biting? I bite enough during the year I will not mess with it this year

Are you going to make any zombies? If I remember to get zombie fodder I might, since I do not have any yet.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? I enjoy all the themes, so whatever shows will be good!

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat? I have enjoyed the events even though I could not complete them without help from the boards. I love the trick or treat part, and so far have been able to collect them all each year.

Edited to change fonts to make it easier to read

Edited by saffy2yrs

-- I'm hoping to catch some Shadow Walkers. Hopefully some 2nd generations. Do they drop CBs of previous years Halloween dragons during the event does anyone know?

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

-- I owe a very patient someone a CB Cavern Lurker with a CB Ember and I intend to breed that for her. Other than that...Maybe breeding my two 2nd Generation Shadow Walkers together.

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

-- I might if it'll get me something I'm hunting for. Not sure yet.

-- Nope no plans of biting, it never ends well for me. I will be hunting for the eggs in the AP though.

-- Not making a zombie. I don't have one and the process to making one is difficult with my internet connection. Plus I'm not a hundred percent what to do.

-- Hmm, this is only my second Halloween event so I'm not sure what I expect.

-- Definitely going to collect treats for the trick-or-treat. I'm hoping for something as interesting as last year's event.

-- Shadow Walkers definitely are my favorite followed by the Cavern Lurker. As for pairings...that I'm not sure about.

-- I'm hoping to catch some Shadow Walkers. Hopefully some 2nd generations. Do they drop CBs of previous years Halloween dragons during the event does anyone know?

Hi, GRKeistra! To answer your question, no - only the 2013 release will be available as CB, in the Cave. The previous years' breeds will only be available as 2nd gen+, user-bred, and found in the AP (or trades / gifts). The breeding week (for previous years' dragons) usually opens 1 week prior to the actual holiday, and will be announced in a News Thread. Hope this helps, and happy dragoning! smile.gif

EDITED to add info. ^^

Edited by panthera1

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage? None, really. I might pick up another Pumpkin if I can find one with a decent lineage, but I'll really only be going for the new release.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? Oh yes. I will try to breed all of my pairs. checker Pumpkin x Seawyrm, 3nd gen PB Black Marrow, 2nd gen PB Shadow Walker, Shadow Walker x Rosebud, Cavern Lurker x Ridgewing, and Cavern Lurker x Bleeding Moon. Of course if anyone requests a different pairing I'll breed them, but these are my main Halloween pairings.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP? I'm planning on gifting mine; either on the Departures Thread or the AP unless someone PMs me a request.

Probably not. I can Bite year-round, and I already have my goal for Vampires.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already? I've got one of each gender adult already, which satisfies my scroll-goal, but I am going to try to get at least one female to describe to match my two Arasanii.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? I'm hoping for another undead(ish) looking dragon--- something skeletal and creepy and awesome. A ghost dragon would be cool, but we kinda already have the Shadow Walkers... IDK. A werewolf dragon would be epic.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat? I'm hoping we'll have another round of trick-or-treat. I'll try to catch them all; assuming I have the time to do so.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings? Either Cavern Lurkers or Black Marrows. My favorite pairing is Cavern Lurker x Bleeding Moon.

I would like some more Shadow Walkers. I have enough Marrows, and I think they're quite ugly. Pumpkins are very hard to find, but if I can find a checker or stairstep, I will be happy. I want to get a checker and figure a way of alternating it with the other pygmies. Any Lurkers I need I will simply breed myself.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with? What lineages are they?

I've done a little breeding with my Cavern Lurkers and the Olives, since I tend to name by codes and the Olives had corresponding codes.

I'm interested in a checker pattern. Unfortunately I only had the silver trophy last Halloween [my first] and so don't have a matching full set of male/female.

I might hang out in the IRC more (assuming I have time because classes and work), as I was able to request some lovely 2nd gens from the previous years. If I can't continue them, I'll do what I can and dump those. Maybe check the newbie request areas here. If I can continue the lines, then I'll have to decide between keeping them or offering them out. I think it depends on what breeds the lineages involve.

Nope. They're easy enough to get at other times. I love the way the frozen browns look as hatchlings. They're very cute.

I have one zombie, but I think it's a hatchling.

I'll have to plan ahead better this time.

I don't know. But I hope We can get away from the 'so dark you can't make out much' theme with the Lurkers, and similarly with the faded Shadows. I know it's the point of "Shadow Walker" but they're very hard to see.

I'd love if we could have something like Christmas' recipe-gathering. I vastly enjoyed hunting for the recipes.

Which is your favorite Halloween breed? What are you favorite Halloween pairings?

I like the Lurker/Olive because they're both 'hiding'. The duller colors and the poses go nicely togther.

Edited by SkylerFarrier

I'll be grabbing the new releases, of course.

And I'll be looking for a Pumpkin exactly like this as the one I snagged from the AP last year bucked it's influence and turned female. My only influence-fail ever. Argh....

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? I'll be breeding all of my Halloweens, with what, I haven't decided yet. I have at least one CB pair of all of them except Pumpkins.

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.) Probably dumping, though if I see someone looking for something I have, I'll gift as well.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP? Doubt it and nope.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already? No and no.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? No idea! Hadn't given it any thought.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat? Hadn't thought about it. Yes smile.gif

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings? Pumpkins and Shadow Walkers. I tend to like purebreds.

Edited by wbmorgan

Ooh lots xd.png Mainly 2G PB ones tbh, but a few 2Gs from commons, and I think one or two from holidays smile.gif This year is the scroll goal/mates collecting year, and according to my spreadsheet I only have spaces for two dragons outside of them </3 But then next year I have total freedom, so yaaay ;D

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I have a few checkers and cavern lurker pairings, but nothing large, as this is my second Halloween smile.gif

Erm....dumping I think. Unless I see anyone who wants an egg I could offer, then I'll just dump really. As I got most of my eggs from the AP, I'd like to return the favor in a way, so trading is out, unless I really need the egg the other person is offering.

Not biting, no. Don't want to waste my precious egg slots, although post Halloween I will be doing a mass bite smile.gif

3 ungen babies already, and I'm collecting zombie fodder <3 Need to do a lot more though, was planning to be finished by now.

A cauldron dragon would be the best thing ever.

Hell yeah I will tongue.gif And idk really, but some kind of haunted adventure like last year biggrin.gif Escape from an evil witch or something?

Shadow walker x Rosebud. Best thing ever.

Edited by Emeraldmay

i plan to breed my cave lurkers, and make some zombies.

I'll be looking for the ghost looking ones and pumkins.

I'm looking for all of them! This is my first Halloween on DC (though I joined long ago, I didn't use my account. ;A ; What a waste!) so I'll be trying to get one of each gender through the AP or trading. uvu

If I get any Halloweens that I can breed within the time frame it's possible I will absolutely be breeding and them probably gifting/trading so others who need them can have them as well. c:

Aaah... Maybe? I dunno, killing dragons or using an action that chances killing them really worries me. ;n ; I don't wanna kill any of my babies, y'know? I think I might though. That way if they die I have a chance at getting a zombie too... Seems like the easiest time to do it with no regret.

I have none, but as mentioned above, the only zombie I'll try to make will be bites from my Vamp.

I hope to see something either very creepy or super cute. uwu My tastes sit on the extreme ends of both categories. Maybe something covered in eyes or one that has tentacles or something? Or a spider-hybrid could be really cool!

I'm gunna do my best to get all of them! I like collecting, so it'll be fun~ And any games this year would be great.

I love all of them! Halloween is my favorite, so the inspired dragons all look awesome to me~

I still need a Cavern Lurker and Pumpkin for freezing, and I'll be hunting for nicely lineaged female Pumpkins. For some reason I thought they were a male-only breed for years, because all my Pumpkins always gendered male, so I have no females... X)

I have been hatching Vine eggs all year to start an Alt Vine x Cavern Lurker checker, so I'll breed and trade for some Cavern Lurkers with Vine parents. Unfortunately, I have only 2/4 Alt Vines so far... X'D

Of course, everything will be bred. Except for the messier ones, if the AP s totally locked with Halloweens...

I'm not really interested in Vampires and I don't want to lock myself with eggshells in the days of hunting.

I have three Zombies so far and am of course planning to create more. I have already prepared five frozen hatchlings and hope that I don't have to sacrifice all of them... X')

I have no idea - and I'm too lazy to speculate. I just want them to be cool. :3

Of course. Fortunately, this will be the first Halloween away from home for me, so my parents won't have to worry about their Dragon-Cave-addicted daughter that has to refresh a certain page every ten minutes, collecting small pictures... xd.png

I so love the Cavern Lurkers, especially their beautiful purplish-black colors. For me they have kind of a retro style and that's why I think that their perfect partners are Alt Vines. wub.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I also like the other Halloweens, but the extensive use of Shadow Walkers in Prize lineages has made them less special for me.

UPDATE!

Someone PMed me after reading this thread about holiday catcher signature badges. Now in the first post in the trading/gifting section (under the marrow egg) I have added a link to TheMaster's Badges, a thread that has made holiday catcher/giftee badges. Please follow all of PieMaster's, the artist's, rules as stated in his thread. Thank you, and continue your discussions!

Well, let's see..

I'm looking for a few particular lineages (especially something to build a mate for http://dragcave.net/lineage/tHtKU ) and to some messy older dragons to freeze. Then I'll see what the AP offers smile.gif

And, of course, I'm planning to get 7 of the new ones tongue.gif

I created a page with all my halloween dragons http://goo.gl/DnYc6V

Most of the already have a mate so they can produce the best lineages (especially checkereds or purebred). I'm planning to keep few of their offsprings myself, to continue some lineages, and to trade/gift/drop the others.

Not really, I already have all the vampires I need and I don't want to risk lock my scroll with dead eggs

I already have an adult female and 3 zombie hatchlings and I'm hoping to get an adult male this year.

Don't know... maybe some "witch" themed dragon?

I think marrow are my favourite bred, but I have so many pretty pairs that I can't choose a favourite one.

Wheeeeeeee, Halloween discussion! Yay!

Well, new ones, of course, but also gathering up Shadow Walkers and Pumpkins to continue certain lineages I'm working on - I have a SW/Tsunami checker that I want to continue, and a Pumpkin/Seawyrm checker that wants carrying on. I have a few people already helping me out with that, but I'll probably be trading for more.

I have a few people to whom I've promised certain eggs; others I might gift or trade; the leftovers I'll throw to the AP at the last possible moment.

No vampires this year.

I'm going to try again to get zombies, after failing spectacularly last year! Hoping to hatch a bunch of low-timers from the AP and kill 'em off. This is the one time of year when I give in and kill things, but I have to close my eyes at the sad little message when I succeed.

I'd love to see the fuzzy spider others have mentioned, but otherwise, I'm just looking forward to something delightfully ghastly.

I love love love DC holiday events, and the story adventures of the past two years were probably my favorite activities of all. I'm hoping for another story adventure. And I won't rest until I collect all the treats! laugh.gif

Favorite Halloween breed is probably the Shadow Walker, just because they're so deliciously ethereal. Obviously, I love them with Tsunamis, but they tend to go well with just about anything. Can't wait to see all the pretty pairings everyone comes up with this year. ^>^

Well more pumpkins would be awesome as would Shadows and Marrows. But other than that, I adore holiday x holiday checkers <3 A mate for her would make my holiday ^^

A mate for this one would be lovely as a checker, but otherwise not a problem.

A mate to start a black base withThis one would be nice

Well I have a whole heap being traded out to a friend for some of her babies so it depends on her, but the others will be bred to prior arranged mates or for my lurkers, what ever I feel like, maybe some of my CB silvers?

Some are being traded, willing to gift any leftovers I don't want and anything else will be dumped ^^

No and no

Yes and yes, I have a male already, but I would love the full set, and maybe nicer lineaged ones...

Zombie Fodder number one <- Seriously hoping she turns :3

Honestly something very traditional and cliche would be awesome, like wolves or witches... Demonic spirits would be gorgeous to see too Something red :3

*Eats all the previous years treats* More treats will be awesome, and I collected them all last year, so I should be able to do it again. And as someone else mentioned, I'd love to do a halloween themed recipe event would be plain cool.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings

So many people have said Shadow walkers and marrows I feel sorry for the pumpkins and lurkers (although not very fond of the lurkers, but the spriters alts are to die for with the red <3) I love them all equally (except the lurkers, their slightly below the others) andI saw someone with a pumpkin x Seawyrms and the colours looked surprising pretty. I would love a checker like that, to go with my pygmyxpumpkin checker.

But other than that, I reallllly like holiday x holiday pairings and this would have to be my all time favorite pairing

Edited by cerimonster

Expecting a devil/demon, werewolf, etc. dragon. Or something related to the grim reaper.

I'd love to see a mutant dragon =) Non-symmetrical, shriveled appendages, skin the color of a maggot, distorted features, large eye sockets with tiny, sunken eyeballs, malformed teeth, and so on. Something horrific!

Or perhaps a species that hearkened to their old, traditional designs that you don't see too often-- you know, those really old dragon designs. Multiple wormy tails and heads, scaled bird feet, drooling maws. While not a direct tie-in to the usual Halloween themes, I think it'd still manage to be an interesting fit.

Halloween's my favorite DC event so I'll be trying to catch more of every breed. Especially Marrows and their adorable, squealing, fleshless babies =D

This is the year of the weredragon! During the day, a small confused man sits on the scroll, but by night...

Okay, probably not gonna happen. smile.gif

A suggestion for this year's new zombie hunters: don't wait till the last minute to snuff your zombie fodder--it's a sure way to find out which of your dragons is adept at dodging blades. If you must wait till the last minute (e.g. to get your kill slots back), set aside a few extra dragons, so you're not stuck if one of your volunteers changes their mind.

Hehe questionaires... xd.png

Oh yes! I need some more 2nd gens for my Shadow and Marrow - Loon lineages. :3 Also I was planning to get a few more 2nd gen Pumpkin x Coloured Pygmy breeds.

* Marrowloons

* Shadowloons

* Pumpkin x Crimson

* Pumpkin x Dark Myst

* Pumpkin x Misfyt

* plus any 2nd gen combo that will be requested ^.~

Yes, I will do trading, dumping and gifting. However the dumping will be more or less due to multiclutches. ^.~

Nope, no biting during the Halloween time. ^^" The risk of being egglocked for 24hours due to a failed bite is too much for my tight schedule.

Yes I already have a bunch of them and I still want more. I want a genderless adult one and a mate for my Zombieloon. Apart from that.. getting as many zombie hatch as possible. *^-^*

Something really spooky again. And I'd love to see a creature that has a background in spooky stories already. Like Frankenstein's Dragon Monster... ;P

I hope so! Cause if there will be tricks and treats I want them all. However I hope there will not be toooo many of them to collect - as I have a life to attend too. ^.~

I am rather fond of the Marrows. And the Shadows. And the Cave Lurker..... laugh.gif And well... I love to pair them up with Balloons. ^^" But then again.. I tend to pair everything up with them anyways. :3

Happy Halloween! *^-^*

Edited by Belisar

The only prior-year one I'll specifically be looking for will be a Val '09 x marrow mate for her.

Pumpkins

Pumpkin x Dark myst

Pumpkin x Pygmy

Crimson flare x Pumpkin

Pygmy x Pumpkin

PB Pumpkin

Marrows

Marrow x Albino

Marrow x Lumina

Ember x Marrow

Stripe x Marrow

PB Marrow

Shadow walkers

Shadow walker x Red nebula

Shadow walker x Purple

Royal blue x Shadow walker

Sweetling x Shadow walker (from alt sweetlings)

PB Shadow walker

Cavern lurkers

Cavern lurker x Red copper

Cavern lurker x Arsani

Brown copper x Cavern lurker

PB Cavern lurker

I'll trade if necessary for the marrow I need, maybe some coppers if people are offering. Gifting will be done if people want the lineages I have... otherwise, I'll freeze a few and send the rest to the AP.

Maybe one... still need an undgendered hatchling.

Haven't decided yet on this one... I don't have any yet. If not this year, maybe someday.

No idea what it will be, but hoping to see something new... Perhaps were-themed.

Not hoping for anything in particular, but I'll participate in whatever there is. ^..^

Oh, goodness. There are so many choices! I don't think I can pick favorites. >..<

I'll be hunting only for the new dragon. Or, if my Cavern Lurkers won't give me anything, I'll be hunting the AP for them to complete the set. Lineage doesn't matter.

I don't really know xd.png I'll breed them with their previous partners and for the Cavern Lurkers I'll see.

Dumping in the AP.

No, I've got my Vampires, I don't need more.

As I've got a male adult, a s1 and a s2 hatchie, I still need a female adult to complete my set. So yes, I'm going to make a Zombie.

I don't really know. I hope it will be something really spooky, but not a spider like others have mentioned - I hate spiders xd.png

I'm just hoping thereÄll be an event and I'll surely participate, whatever the theme. But I don't think I'll be able to get all the trick-or-treats - I've never been.

Favourite Halloween breed are Black Marrows. No favourite pairings.

I'll be hunting only for the new dragon of course hoping to get two breeding pairs.

I'm also looking for 3 2nd gen marrows from male marrow female BBW to make a checker with the three female BBW mates that I have already.

I'll also be looking for a 2nd gen shadow walker from rosebud to be a mate for this 2nd gen rosebud

I'm going to breed a male marrow sibling of her to breed with this 3rd gen marrow BBW checker

i won't be breeding my pumpkins unless asked/ needed for a trade

I have CB lurkers and CB shadow walkers which aren't spoken for yet. If they aren't needed for trades I will be gifting them either by Pm request or via the gifting threads

No, I've got my Vampires, I don't need more.

no

werewolves or skeletons would be good

I'll try

Favourite Halloween breed are Black Marrows. I also like the Shadow walkers

pairings hmm. i like marrows with BBWs but i aldso like the marrowloons (LOL brilliant name )

and the marrows with sunstones. It's easiest to say I love halloween checkers

Expecting a devil/demon, werewolf, etc. dragon. Or something related to the grim reaper.

I'd love to see a mutant dragon =) Non-symmetrical, shriveled appendages, skin the color of a maggot, distorted features, large eye sockets with tiny, sunken eyeballs, malformed teeth, and so on. Something horrific!

Or perhaps a species that hearkened to their old, traditional designs that you don't see too often-- you know, those really old dragon designs. Multiple wormy tails and heads, scaled bird feet, drooling maws. While not a direct tie-in to the usual Halloween themes, I think it'd still manage to be an interesting fit.

Halloween's my favorite DC event so I'll be trying to catch more of every breed. Especially Marrows and their adorable, squealing, fleshless babies =D

Lol, personally, I'm hoping for a cool-looking and attractive sprite, like the Marrows, that will be useful in lineages, but I expect that whatever we get will be fun.