sunshine_ley

Sunnyshine's Art Requests

If you're taking requests, could I possibly get a young Vampire playing with a young Mint? If you don't mind, that is. Thank you!

@Tentacles Mmmh .3. I tried; my mental image didn't exactly mesh with my understanding of anatomy, so it turned out a little wonky as those two sides of me battled

10_31_19minty_by_sunshineley_ddjh2c5-pre

Edited by sunshine_ley

It’s amazing how varied (mediums) and colorful your art is. It really grabs my attention. :) 

@wheeloftime13 Thanks [: I'm glad you feel that way; a lot of people say that one needs to focus on a specific media and be consistent and junk to be a good artist, but I've always been too much of a dabbler for that. I can't decide, so I experiment and poke and move on when I'm bored.

Oh yeah, despite setbacks I ended up finishing #inktober; I had to merge the prompts to make it so I could realistically do it, so this is ride+injured+catch+ripe, and also one of my favorites cx

28_31inky2019_by_sunshineley_ddjh29w-pre

Oh my gosh, I love that. It's adorable!

Edit: Is it okay if I put it in my signature?

Edited by Tentacles

@Tentacles Oh gosh, I'm sorry cx I didn't notice you edited your message. Yeh, you can put your request in your signature, I don't mind at all .3.

In other news, I ended up making a comicfury for my scribbly comics; I'll eventually draw some new ones, but for now I dun wanna spam all at once so I'll be upload me old ones http://flopotato.thecomicseries.com/

I also apparently found the courage to start on my first real comic, Promises, which you can follow on comicfury http://promises.thecomicseries.com/ or dA http://fav.me/ddkh4xm if you like

promises_000_by_sunshineley_ddkh4xm-pre.

And I drew this for my friend's birthday.

condition_by_sunshineley_ddkitvp-pre.jpg

I'm not overly proud of it, but it's improvement I guess so I'll take it.

Edited by sunshine_ley

On 6/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, sunshine_ley said:

So, my good sir, have a lovely flailing floppy animation.

dd8o4iu-f90887fc-e049-4f9b-828b-3e0ae00f

And my thanks v3v

I meant to say immediately that I LOVE this so mucho and am now going to save it and do something with it and it makes me laugh sooo mucho it is perfect I love all your arts!

How do you feel about drawing people and keeping their faces similar to themselves?

The twin girls you drew feel similar to each other but I'd like to ask you how you feel about portraying this guy's face:

da1fnii-738e6810-c699-46c3-9c86-3191c5a4da9u1xs-91ce995c-7414-48f7-8a7c-91f29d34c363.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmMjg5MzlkLTQ5YTMtNGJjMi1iNTBjLWY3NmQ1OTFmNWViZFwvZGE5dTF4cy05MWNlOTk1Yy03NDE0LTQ4ZjctOGE3Yy05MWYyOWQzNGMzNjMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8aBtUvt3vkQ1y_xqy6TkyIhLmPx_xI06YeHNxrghYZkd6p1k7y-0b4105fd-7405-4ecf-a730-92faa383275a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmMjg5MzlkLTQ5YTMtNGJjMi1iNTBjLWY3NmQ1OTFmNWViZFwvZDZwMWs3eS0wYjQxMDVmZC03NDA1LTRlY2YtYTczMC05MmZhYTM4MzI3NWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.PK0NVvN8UqO3EDvghBm-w4mgAoLPyhqD--9PWiewV_Ud7hit0a-1f596686-2f3f-4760-a8a8-7c36f07cfb4a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmMjg5MzlkLTQ5YTMtNGJjMi1iNTBjLWY3NmQ1OTFmNWViZFwvZDdoaXQwYS0xZjU5NjY4Ni0yZjNmLTQ3NjAtYThhOC03YzM2ZjA3Y2ZiNGEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.1jbYoJH7bccS2GRRrHS_wzRMFH_Ir-HTRZQGENshdsE(chibi - triangular face, hearty forehead, slanted eyes, upward nose)

If you feel like it's something you can and want to do, I'd like to request something of him and this Dragoness, Aryena, please:

d1y29uh-2bb038fe-768a-4489-8831-f6f0a8d7dczevxs-e42659d0-8a9e-409c-88bf-fe8177f2 -

important info:

design of Aryena the Dragoness:

-the larger opalescent stone on her neck is actually part of her body(grows between her chestplates) and is only framed with the jewellery - it's a very important part of her species and the story,

-her body is similar to this character, as greenlined: https://sta.sh/0za8exul7gfile?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImV4cCI6MTU3ODYwMDk0NSwiaWF0IjoxNTc4NTc5MzM1LCJqdGkiOiI1ZTE3MzU5MTViY2VjIiwib2JqIjpudWxsLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdLCJwYXlsb2FkIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmMjg5MzlkLTQ5YTMtNGJjMi1iNTBjLWY3NmQ1OTFmNWViZFwvZGRvMDBuOC1kNzFiODU3MC02NmU3LTQzYzktYWQzYy1hMmIxZTg0ZDQ3YTgucG5nIn19.hbYfZOeduxqYreZ9To2OQNdnQYv9bADWLzfrI0V-B-c (Aryena's colours are on the guitar image, she can be a bit smaller than I drew her in that one)

Characters' mental/power differences:

-The Dragoness' mind is more "sapient" than human. Dragons of my world also have souls they are fully consous of (while humans can only believe they have one or not). And are magical. Human came from Earth, got affected by vampire venom and Dragon bloood, can't use magic. Hope this would give you some idea:)

Characters' relationship:

-Couple - bound on 3 levels: mental, spiritual and physical.

Billie's clothes and style:

-can wear leather(rock/punk/motorbike) jackets, printed T-shirts, jeans and heavy knee-high boots or plimsolls, high or short, also rock/punk jewellery. (Well, or nothing...) He's tall(+190cm)  and very underweight.

-Black eye make-up is a must though:P He should wear this necklace, it's a wedding ring counterpart: https://www.deviantart.com/vixendra/art/The-symbol-of-dedication-WIP-288603653

General world design (if background):

-If you wanted to include some kind of a background, the world they live in has blue-hued leaves (blue dominates, some plants are slightly towards purple blue and other slightly towards green blue, the overall feel is blue, and plants are weird), grass is often purplish or reddinsh, most of soil is maroon/purple and sand is rather pale pinkish on a salmon hue side, Earth-like day sky but purple night sky and pink dawns and sunsets, and a small pink "sun" at night, the day sun is white without any yellowish hues, can even be a bit pinkish intead

- so I'd definitely avoid a green filling behind them:P Blue or/and purple would be the safest

Questions welcome^^

That's a big post:o (Needs to make proper character refs of them at last...)

If you don't feel like drawing Billie's face(even as chibi) but feel like drawing the couple, I don't mind if only the back of his white porcurpine hair was visible then^^

PS maybe I could give you some DC eggs? Is there something you'd like?

Edited by VixenDra

@VixenDra I'm confused.. you're making a request, or gauging my current skill level? Because I've drawn peoples characters a lot.... as for making them perfectly resemble their original pictures, not so much. I'm sorry you weren't overly contented with my drawing for you in the past? but I can't copy something over exactly. My brain simply doesn't work that way. I've tried, it's not possible right now, and besides copying isn't the greatest thing to do when it comes to art. Some clarification would be cool, as I've read your post like three separate times now trying to understand.

Edited by sunshine_ley

On 1/11/2020 at 3:45 AM, sunshine_ley said:

@VixenDra I'm confused.. you're making a request, or gauging my current skill level? Because I've drawn peoples characters a lot.... as for making them perfectly resemble their original pictures, not so much. I'm sorry you weren't overly contented with my drawing for you in the past? but I can't copy something over exactly. My brain simply doesn't work that way. I've tried, it's not possible right now, and besides copying isn't the greatest thing to do when it comes to art. Some clarification would be cool, as I've read your post like three separate times now trying to understand.

I wanted to make a request or an egg commish if you feel like there's too much extra effort because of the human-face-likeness but wasn't sure if (human) likeness is your thing or not (like mechs are not my thing and I'd hate every minute of drawing one even if paid a lot, take a few times longer to finish  etc. while I love drawing animals I haven't drawn before! wanted to see how you feel about human likeness, and it's not always about the skill itself), as his facial likeness is important to me, and portraits(that by definition are about conveying a person's likeness, unless you want to draw a random face instead of someone particular - while my request would be about a particular character who has a completely defined face design - many human OCs don't) can be a pain of some or all kinds (even I, his creator (and someone who started learning from portraits BTW), struggle everytime and avoided drawing them for a few years until recently, despite understanding what makes him him like noone else possibly can - just because I designed him:P)^^ And animal characters don't have that - they have colours and markings instead and require a different approach than human portraits - colour&pattern vs shapes&details&the-elusive-likeness-feel I can't even explain (because at times, the shape can be not so ideal but the likeness is there anyway while at other times it can take a pixel or hell knows what to ruin the likeness despite catching the same shapes):)

If I didn't like your previous work, I'd definitely not approach you again, especially with this, much trickier pair^^ And I'd just feel bad straight requesting them without keeping your comfort zones in mind, and not all artists who draw humans focus on likeness. I commisisoned an artist once, who had good actor likeness in her portraits... but apparently she wasn't into that when drawing OCs that way, only the actors. And it's not like she didn't have the skill to, she just didn't apply this for OC commissions. You never know if you don't ask.

Just didn't want to be a cause of frustration/pain to you if human likeness is not your thing in some way, or at least to offer something in return if it's extra effort to you that you are truly willing to make. I don't want to request something the artist would hate drawing. Also, after all, if someone learns art in a proper order, portraits are one of the last subjects one should touch (after blocks, plants, landscapes, animals and general figures, random faces and then likeness are the last steps before imaginary drawing of everything combined, well, I smashed that myself and it's not like I'm not experiencing consequences:P "what is life perspective?", but, well, lot's of our fellow artists don't go in order - we tend to jump straight to the subjects we want to draw, so while it's natural an artist can not be into likeness yet or at all it's hard to tell because everyone's artistic path was somehow different), and plenty of artists just don't do likeness-based art, which I understand, even if it's the core of my own art. And now I see you wouldn't be happy about someone coming with a photo of their family member and requesting a portrait of that parson^^ which I nearly did:o I didn't want to be mean or anything, but I do have communication problems...

Since likeness-based art is out of your comfort zone and you don't seem happy about the idea of struggling with this(like myself and drawing someone's mech OC), would you be willing to draw something like the 2 of them hugging or stargazing into a purple sky with the blue-hued grass below them(I mean 2 simple plains of colour to just symbolise this would work if you don't feel like drawing a background, I personally don't like working on backgrounds), simply with Billie's face faced away from us and hidden behind his bushy white hair?:) I don't want you to struggle, and I was thinking of drawing something like this anyway so it would make me happy without making you leave your comfort zones and maybe keeping you relaxed^^

(words and me are enemies:< I have huge trouble explaining things without sounding somehow bad, I'm hopeless at that. The rule about myself for a few years by now is: if I feel like being somehow mean about someone's art, I just leave without saying a word, and definitely don't even mention requesting art^^)

Edited by VixenDra