sunshine_ley

Sunnyshine's Art Requests

Not really, but I admit coloured would work better than greyscale for these 2^^ Thank you for consideration ;A;

Edited by VixenDra

Awww cx you guys are so nice; thank you. Wish I had more to post, but, as previously mentioned, I've been writing a lot |D takes creative energy, ya know? That chiss pic was such a struggle, blegh, but digital media is usually less stressful, so I opted to do that for yours .3. Still took a few hours, which is unfortunate (that's long enough for me to start to hate it), but I'm glad you like

Wow cx the thread died again; quite a shame. Ah well, I'm just not good at promoting myself, or keeping people interested, apparently. Even when I'm perpetually open to free requests, I feel like I have to beg for people to see me, which makes me even more anxious... the life of an introverted artist, I suppose.

At any rate, in case anybody cares to know, I've officially found a new obsession. That RP I started with my sister? Yeah, we're into part fourteen now, and I've drawn our characters a few times, hehh. It is quite interesting to try drawing different lighting/styles/poses/the subtlety of expressions, and I feel like I've gotten better with humans already. There's even a chibi attempt in there, which is something I didn't have to confidence to do since I failed miserably at it when I was a teenager; oh my gosh, I had to wrestle with my own mind the entire way to get it even half-decent, though |D ehh.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

click for dA page

Well c: guess that's it for now *tips hat* thanks for looking.

Maybe I ought to do updates monthly or something cx doesn't seem like anybody's all that interested, but I do love art, sooo (click thumbnails below for bigger images). That sketchdump there is kind of hard to see when it's this small .3. but it was for a Draw Everything June challenge, where I was given photos and expected to draw the poses of the models in them; think I did pretty well, myself, especially since I've never taken figure drawing before. Or any classes for that matter. Can't really read art books, either. Regardless, it was a very interesting exercise, and I believe I'm better for it c: so I call it a win.

untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy8g.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy8e.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy89.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy84.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy82.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7z.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7w.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7t.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7p.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7n.png

Opened up free drawing requests on my dA and have gotten a couple done .3. expect to see more by the end of the month, I guess.

In any case, I hope whoever's stumbled across this thread has a very nice weekend <3

Ah, lots of art threads tend to have silent watchers like me. I would request, but I'm not sure what you like to draw and most of my drawings of my characters that can be used as references are uncolored plain sketches and probably a bit anatomically off... Hoping that I can practice and get my art a bit more nicely realistic and colorful like yours~

Overall, just wanted to let you know I'm interested in your art, even if I just lurk silently most of the time. I hope you keep putting your art up here!

can confirm, am one of those silent watchers

your art is stunning !! i especially admire your anatomy aa it gives me so much hope // please keep updating !! 

Heh cx gosh, okay then; hello silent watchers, hope all is well with you.

@Silverphoenix: I like to draw ...things that mean something; whether to me, or someone else. It doesn't matter much what exactly it is; for me to enjoy making something, it usually has to help me feel connected. Though it seems like I'm shouting into a void, and sometimes I even hear my echo, if I can produce something that makes one single person smile and feel just the tiniest better for a moment ...it's worth it ...even if that person is just myself.

On the topic of references (so I can quiet my philosophical side, whew |D sorry), they don't have to be good, drawn by you, or even drawings at all. I can work with photos, a great range of refs where you only pick out one thing, or just an idea that you attempt to describe well. That "looking for something more" inked drawing of mr elf dude? -there was a lot of guesswork involved, because the refs were scattered and sparce, but I think it turned out relatively well regardless .3. My first instinct, when I find refs lacking or in a style incompatible with my own, is to go to google image search. It usually works pretty well, though sometimes one has to be careful about what keywords one uses.

In any case c; thanks for the comment; it means a lot. Also, funny that I'm quietly watching your art thread as well ;b

@✿ 花れい: Thank you very much for your kind words c: anatomy is something I still struggle with quite a bit; I almost wish that draw-everything challenge had been longer, because it gave me the motivation to practice. I'm far from perfect, or even particularly good, but references and models really do make the difference. I even tried to figure out gestures with a tiny bit of success, which is something my brain had never been able to understand.

I ..I'm rambling again cx sorry about that. Just know that I really appreciate you guys, even if you don't have anything for me to draw. However, I'll still be here if a day comes when you do.

15 minutes ago, sunshine_ley said:

Though it seems like I'm shouting into a void, and sometimes I even hear my echo, if I can produce something that makes one single person smile and feel just the tiniest better for a moment ...it's worth it ...even if that person is just myself.

Came to say that this was really touching and inspiring to read! c: And challenges are fantastic to do yes that is a good sketchdump  I too lurk silently because I don't communicate very well

we appreciate you too !! and never quiet your philosophical side, that's the best ~~ i find that a lot of people, even if they don't state it outright, do take comfort in seeing other's works so you're definitely helping people out, and it's really nice that you're so motivated to do as well. 

i completely agree !! references are a blessing like where would we be without them aha. 

i can't wait to see more of your art! (also it makes me really happy when an artist interacts with their fans so thank you aha <33 ) 

@TehUltimateMage: I'm glad you found my ramblings useful |D honestly, sometimes I don't even know what comes out of my mouth. Often I think, if I was being told some of the stuff I spout, I would frown and want to hit that person with a fish. Then again, since I've gotten a whaleshark plush, that's not a metaphor anymore c< ...In any case, yes, challenges can be very fun, though stressful; I did that 10 min, 1 min, 10 sec challenge that was going around a while back, and it was super nerveracking. Also, for the record, one doesn't have to be good with words to comment on my thread ;b from "gweh it doesn't make my eyes bleed so that's nice," to "bleb I like lizards," I welcome all feedback .3. and pies.

@✿ 花れい: Oh yes? I figured that people are either bored by my works, or intimidated by them o3o that's what I've found when showing off my sketchbook irl... but maybe that, too, can be written off as a result of my poor self-esteem. Besides that I'm not overly wonderful at reading people. Wait, you sure you like my rambly side? |D Or perhaps just the critical-thinker part. I'm pretty tired right now, so my deep thoughts contain how nice pillows are, but I wanted to reply tonight regardless.

Do you ever think about how nice pillows are? .3. they're kind of amazing.

...anyways.

Yes, interacti- ...wait, fans? Y-you're my fans? |D ehhh, okay then, well, umm; I'm really not sure how to feel about... The only really real fans I've had are my mom and sister. Hummmm I don't know how to react o3o honestly, I usually see people who enjoy my art as, like, acquaintances with the potential to be friends. But, um. Glad to ...have you? I'll try to get to drawing or painting this week, yeah, and hopefully it's something actually decent so I can post it here without feeling like a loser c: Is there anything in particular you'd like to see more of?

Maybe you're just not showing your sketchbook to the right people! They're the most wonderful part of any artist imo, since it shows all the raw work that might not otherwise see the light of day. <3 Keep at it! (pleasedonthitmewithafish)

Hah cx that's cool of you to say; it may be so. I like sketches, myself, sometimes more than a finished drawing/painting, even my own |D (no fishes for you? .3. okay)

Edited by sunshine_ley
removal of stupid emoticons x3x

Well, that low mood was sudden and devastating |D might not be able to draw as much as I thought this week, but at least I had this lineart lying around to color (click thumbnail for full-sized picture)

untitled_by_sunshineley-dbjdz8v.png

I'm glad my birthday is soon, because I really need a new blue marker cx

On 8/5/2017 at 2:38 AM, sunshine_ley said:

untitled_by_sunshineley-dbiwy7w.png

This is a really interesting design, and I really like the way you drew it! Those fins look great. ♥️

Thank you very much c: that was a character-design art trade; I made her from scratch off of the ideas that my partner liked fish as well as sparkle-dogs (oh, and furry things). It was very interesting to do, and I'm glad it turned out so well

Edited by sunshine_ley

haha, pillows are amazing indeed! and omg i'm too awkward to show my art to people irl ;;;; it makes me so nervous haha///

i don't mind at all !!! speak what's on your mind ~ and haha i'm okay with fan, acquaintance, or potential-friend or any label you want to give me tbh. i just sorta stalk the ow section as a whole ~~

i'm a big fan of two things: paintings, and humans, and i think you do a lot of both already! so no particular preference as to what kind of art i'd like to see (and omg honestly i don't feel like i have the right to ask that of you ; u ; ) but please keep updating, it's lovely to see everything you do! 

i hope you feel better -- the blue skinned oc (?) that keeps showing up in your works has a cool design. 0: 

all of a sudden there's so much activity here

then there's me who takes several days to think of a reply

But anyways, I find philosophy/rambling quite interesting to read, so don't feel pressured to hide your thoughts or anything! There isn't anything in particular I'd like to see, just anything you feel inspired to draw is fine. I like watching how different artists draw different things based on their own interests~

Still messing around, using too much strikethrough, and trying to find a character with good "interpretability" for people to draw... not that I have to find a good character for others to draw, but I personally find drawing requests to be a good exercise/prompt for times lacking in inspiration. Mostly just checking in to let you know that I've read and thought about your reply before retreating back to my cave of silent lurking - I feel rude otherwise, but I'm not so great at... saying things in general. Hope you don't take any of my silence/delay as ill intent!

Hey cx sorry for my lateness; I've been suuper distracted recently

@✿ 花れい: I got used to showing people my drawings, I suppose cx my mom always wants to show my sketchbook off n junk, but... there's an amount of indifference that sits on me as I watch people look, because I have a feeling that what I'm trying to convey with each piece, well, it just won't reach them. I've grown tired of expecting, and then being left with disappointment .3. and people rarely seem to really get what I'm putting down; it's like they think it's just a light hobby for me. Only visual input; barely worth five seconds looking at each picture. But, then again, that's a bit of the age we're in at the moment, no? Entertainment and quick rewards are highly sought after. It's honestly a little disheartening, when my brain always seems to want to do things the difficult way .3.

I've been wanting to paint more, actually cx though I haven't gotten into painting humans yet; could be interesting... perhaps I'll do that to get some of my requests done. In any case, I've actually been working on sculpting these past few days, and it's turning out quite interesting; I'll be sure to try n take some moderately decent pictures of him when he's finished. In the meantime, the other day I painted this .3.

untitled_by_sunshineley-dbk9xqn.png

Not exactly sure why I have such a reliance on lineart... it's something I've tried to break from for a while now, but I always seem to go back to it. It gives my things form, and I guess I feel the piece is abstracted and incomplete without them.

Thank you very much c: mr blue Snap there is my favored character at the moment; he's a Chiss from the Star Wars universe, and I've been writing a story/rp with my sister with him as my main. He got big fluffy hair right now cx hoho, I like fluffy hair, and it's fun to draw anyways... He should've gotten it cut ages ago, since it grows so fast, but his boyfriend likes it; heh |D I may have to get him to start wearing hair ties. Not sure how he feels about man-buns. Oh gosh cx now I'm imagining those cute little butterfly clips in his hair; they would just get lost.

@Silverphoenix: No worries here c: I've been pretty self-involved lately; my birthday is next week, though, so I figure it's warranted, but sometimes it takes me a while to even want to reply, let alone know what to say. I'll be here, regardless of outside activity, so it's okay. Guess I've always been pretty self-involved, actually |D but, I dunno, I find more satisfaction in actually talking to and discussing things with people, rather than letting my mouth run and hope someone understood me. I could write a bunch of stuff here about all of my characters, about how a vague backstory char once turned into a full-blown main without my permission c: but... I dunno, it'd feel sorta empty... without someone to care and be interested about it on the other side. I suppose that is pretty selfish, after all.

Well c: in any case, do let me know if you find anything to request of me. I'm not going anywhere. And feel free to speak your heart, even if there is nothing at all to say. That's what I do.

I'm gon try and do some writing today .3. hrm, let's see if it actually happens. You guys wouldn't happen to be interested in reading some of me and my sister's RP, would you? Heh cx it's funny; I'm inclined to put my first introductory post here, but I've grown a lot since then. Very interesting. Well c: in any case, here's that sculpty dude I mentioned

08_16_17claytrashsm_by_sunshineley-dbkdu

Trash-Heap is pretty cute cx even though I muddled his details. Hope everyone's doing well c:

Edited by sunshine_ley

Hey c: so I thought I'd post some more thumbs since it's almost the new year; I do have a lot more drawing to do before next month, but I am procrastinating |D yay me, avoiding things I need to do by doing other things I need to do. In any case c: here are some pictures that I've done since that cute little clay Trashy above.

untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzji.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzj2.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzio.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzie.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzhs.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzha.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzh1.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzgl.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzga.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzfv.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzfq.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzfi.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxxzfa.png untitled_by_sunshineley-dbxy3bo.png

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

In other news, I've started trying to get my rp/story in order so it's kind of more readable than before. It's the same story, just formatted a little differently; tell me what you think, if you have the time c: (hopefully the full-size image won't break my page like it used to cx)

Star Wars Role-Play, Chapter Three: Alluring Abyss

Part 01: Meeting

[Sunnyshine]: It was a day of mixed tidings; because of the muggy air amidst this part of Denon's planet-wide city, Snap's grey shirt clung to his skin in a most uncomfortable way. The Chiss man had worn simple clothing, so as to not attract unwanted attention, but his sharp red eyes and deep blue skin had drawn the gaze of more than a few passer-by. He was glad to be free of the foot traffic now though, having turned into a more industrial area, but heat from the machinery was making him uneasy; he wouldn't be able to last here for too long, as the humidity was making it slightly difficult for him to breathe.

The hum of engines passing in the distance reminded Snap that normal civilization was only a few steps away, and this heartened him; he would only have to be in the city's armpit for a little while longer. He leaned as casually as he could against the broken wall of a factory, using the neck of his shirt to fan himself; he really should've opted to leave his pale pink overcoat back at the ship, but he always had been one for fashion over practicality.

Snap found himself smirking, and folded his arms in a vaguely impatient way, as he saw a figure approaching him through the mist. "Hey, Chro." He greeted the Corellian man, scratching his facial tattoos in a nonchalant gesture.

"Divolas," he had responded in a deep voice, quickening his pace to the chiss while shaking his head. "Please, this is no time to be loose in your manner."

Snap shrugged away from the wall with a huff; shifting his weight forward and running a hand through his short black hair in one motion, before looking upwardly at the man again with a slightly sheepish frown. "I know. I'm aware of the sensitive topic; sorry."

This Corellian was among the low ranks of a mining organization; the operation itself relied on the enslavement of alien races, and he wanted to find a way to lead an uprising of them without getting caught. He and Snap had discussed some plans on the matter before this point, but the particulars had yet to be sorted; he had finally found a way, and it was time to gather supplies. Spice was needed.

"What?" Snap had exclaimed, and then forcefully quieted his voice. "You know I've had trouble with that in the past, Chrovir; not even sure where I could get some, or if I'd want to."

Illegal drug trafficking had been something Snap steered away from, especially since his incident with neutron pixie; though drugs were one of the most notable forms of easy cash, it was simply not something he wanted to revisit. That time in his life had been long and painful; the mere mention of spice brought back unwanted memories to the forefront of his mind, and he shook his head as if to clear them away.

Chrovir had grimaced, not knowing any other way that his plans would work. He needed to boost the confidence and strength of the slaves in order to even have a chance at their freedom; their continuously scanty rations, paired with abuse and poor treatment, would make it so that would never happen on its own.

It was personal to Snap; slavery was always personal. He reflected on his decision to go along with the Corellian's plan, now sipping a cold beverage in a cantina that was housed within a large building. A little removed from the active patrons and entertainment, he gazed across the balcony overlooking the loud city; it was lit up for the nighttime, and lights twinkled like neon stars in a never-ending sea of silver and black. He always felt more at home surrounded by the hum of a city; there was something peaceful about watching all the people scurrying about, yet feeling like he himself didn't quite fit in anywhere.

A lean dancer passed by Snap's table, and they made brief eye contact; he smiled shrewdly at her for the fraction of a second before she ascended the stage. People swarmed at her feet, and the chiss turned away, leaning back into his chair with a contented expression. He slurped the rest of his intoxicant, trying to wind down after his long day; he had no patience for games at the moment, even if she was quite attractive.

The air was thick with the smell of freshly baked bread for a moment, and the crackle of floured crust poked the hungry stomach of Snap. He sighed, having been very comfortable in his seat, and reluctantly shifted forward to get up; the bar was crowded this evening, especially since they had opened up the dinner menu, nevertheless, the chiss man leaned through the people and waited for the bartender's attention. He didn't make a habit of ordering food anywhere, as it was much cheaper to buy rations or other packaged items, but he thought a single indulgent moment wouldn't hurt. At least, not until morning; he would surely get an earful from his astromech droid, Trash, about wasting credits on such extravagances, but such was their relationship.

[Remmy]: Trison found himself sitting at the bar of a cantina on Denon, carrying a parcel from Exodeen. This was not his favorite type of food establishment, but it was his current client’s choice of a place to pick up the parcel he held on his lap. To the bartender’s annoyance Trison ordered a steady stream of desserts every twenty minutes as he waited to keep his seat. Instead of eating each dessert, he would slowly pick at it for a while and then order something else sweet off the menu.

He found himself sitting at the sticky bar for over an hour before it started to get noticeably crowded, and he wished even more that he was anywhere but here. The dim lighting and close quarters at the bar made it difficult for him to keep an eye out for his client, but the client had requested that he sit on the middle stool at the bar. “An odd request.” He muttered to himself, picking at a piece of cake from underneath its heavy layer of icing and taking a small sip from his non-alcoholic beverage.

He perked up slightly, suddenly noticing the comforting aroma of fresh baked goods wafting in from the establishment’s kitchen. He hoped for a moment that the scent was another type of cake, but he was quite sure it smelled like just bread. He let out a deep sigh and looked around again out of habit, but found the lighting had dimmed even further since he had entered the cantina, making him nervous because the lack of light made it so he really couldn’t see much. He jumped slightly as someone brushed against him and tried to force his eyes to focus on the dark figure next to him.

“You should try the Banja cake.” He suggested to the figure, trying to focus on something besides his own nervousness. “But whatever you do, don’t order the Panna cake with bantha butter, the cake itself isn’t bad but, the butter tastes like the backside of a bantha, or it's terrible enough I would assume.” He chuckled quietly at his own joke.

[Sunnyshine]: There was a still in the entertainment for a few moments, and the musicians stepped down to take a break; Snap's red eyes rested upon the human who had addressed him, and a slight smirk found its way across his face. The chiss leaned his elbows on the bar in front of them both, and snuck a stool from the crowd in order to sit next to this man; though the music had stopped, the cantina remained as loud as before, humming with activity.

"Well, hello." Snap had mumbled, almost to himself, as the noise level had drowned his voice without much effort; he looked the human up and down, and flashed a proud smile, before motioning over to the bartender. "Banja cake, please; put it on my ever-growing tab." He had told the man who had been handing out drinks as fast as he was able, and then turned back to the human. "You gonna help me eat it?" He paused, looking at the bar in front of them; it was littered with uneaten sweets. "Or perhaps you're not hungry; could it be... too many thoughts of a bantha's backside?"

An unusually large passing ship rattled the glass panes of the building; Snap had glanced back to look at it, and realized how very exposed he felt in that moment. His robust build slumped a little as he shoved his hands into his pockets, and leaned with his back to the bar now; his eyes returned to the human that had caught his interest. He was very thin and pale, this one, but looked willful; that was something Snap esteemed highly.

sketch26217656_by_sunshineley-dbxxvjr.png

[Remmy]: Trison had given up trying to see much of anything in the low light, but he kept his gaze on the man beside him as he pulled up a stool and greeted him. "Hello." Trison repeated the man's almost inaudible greeting, just loud enough for him to hear. He realized he was still holding an empty fork in his hand and set it down on his plate, deciding that he would rather not eat cake blindly in front of someone.

"I've had more than my fill of sweets, but thank you for the offer." He said kindly, not entirely sure if it was actually true and oblivious to any possible flirting coming his way. He anxiously ran the fingers of his left hand through his hair, unintentionally leaving it slightly disheveled.

"I have had more than my fair share of time around the vile creatures, I definitely don't need extra time thinking of their backsides." Trison chuckled heartily.

He thought he could feel a change in how the man sat suddenly and wondered if he had said something wrong. "What do you think?" He asked, trying to change the subject, but not specifying that he was asking about his opinion on the cake.

[Sunnyshine]: "I think you're right on that." Snap had replied. "Banthas aren't the most lovely of creature to dwell on, especially their backsides." He smirked at this line of thought; each sentence now sounding like a joke to him, though perhaps they weren't very good ones. He turned sideways, facing the human with his torso, and glanced down at the plate of bite-sized floured cakes that had been put in front of him before taking one; they were indeed very sweet, but in a light way, and the white powder clung to his black lips as he bit into one.

There was a lull in the noise level of the cantina, as the dancers and musicians began to prepare for another set; the beeping and hum of passing ships was suddenly more apparent, and Snap could even hear the buzzing of an overhead light for a single moment. It struck him that this human seemed to be genuine; his laugh was a real one, his posture honest as well, but he couldn't understand why. The chiss was quite used to people putting up a front, acting a certain way to manipulate the outcome of a conversation, but this man was far from presumptuous. He found it quite refreshing.

"Hey," Snap had nudged the human's shoulder, his long pink overcoat brushing against him with only the lightest of pressure; he had then motioned to the windows on the far side of the room. "I got a table over there, if you want to get away from this crowd." He picked up another small cake, enjoying the soft sugary goodness of them; it was a special occasion when he indulged in sweets, usually having to rely on dehydrated food packets for nutrition, so he paused for a moment to think up the excuse he would give his astromech.

Trash-Heap, as he had so lovingly been named by his creator many years ago, was a very dutiful droid; though he and Snap didn't agree most of the time, he was relatively indulgent out of respect to his master. The chiss shook his thoughts clear after a moment, some unwanted feelings having begun to creep up on him, and he refocused on the present.

The human was very good-looking; though a mostly slim and passive figure, his facial features were defined and moderately sharp. Snap's smirk returned as he continued to look him over; the testing of instruments was heard, as the cantina's band were getting ready for another round of lighthearted tunes, as well as the clinking of glasses as patrons of the bar became lost in the bottoms of their cups.

"I'd like to buy you a drink." Snap added after eating the last cake from his plate; he motioned the barkeep over again. "Maybe a malt?" The evening was starting to wind down, it seemed, though it wouldn't be too long before the influx of nighttime customers were to be crowding through the door.

[Remmy]: Trison laughed out loud, although he wasn't sure if it was out of nervousness or because the man was actually being funny. "What do you think of the cake?" He asked hearing the man go quiet, except for a soft chewing noise beside him. 

Keeping his gaze set on the dark figure next to him, he turned the parcel over on his lap wondering why his client was so late, or perhaps that it was indeed his own error and he was in fact much too early. He had met with this particular client before and he had been very prompt and specific with his pickups, having Trison wait at a specific location, sometimes down to the finest details of where to sit and what to eat.

Lost in his own thoughts for a moment, Trison jumped slightly as the man softly brushed up against him, but was able to keep his composure nonetheless. 

He considered the man's invitation; his voice was kind and had just enough of an honest deep tone that made sitting in the uncomfortably crowded atmosphere almost bearable for Trison.

"Would you mind if we stay here, with the malt?" He asked, trying to not let the slight hesitation slip through his tone.

He found himself wanting to continue the small talk; not sure if he overly enjoyed it, or due to the fact that he hadn't had even a shred of casual conversation with anyone outside of his clients in what felt like a long time. 

[Sunnyshine]: "Sure." Snap had responded in an indifferent manner; he didn't like to be within a crowd such as this one, it made him uncomfortable, but it had been worth it because he had found this human interesting, right? He spun to face the bar, sitting firmly on the stool now; his arms leaned on the bar in a slightly defeated sort of way. He had forgotten, it seemed, that chasing games were quite a lot more fun than normal talk; this indirect approach was starting to grate on him, however.

Snap had known what he wanted when he had come over, and he supposed that those who want the same from him usually come on stronger than this; his inner reservations began to poke at him, saying it was pretty clear that the human wasn't interested, and that there was even a blank and clueless look in his eyes. The chiss promptly ordered two malt brewed drinks, and shuffled one of the glasses across the bar to join the human's array of uneaten sweets. To have the money for extravagances, such as baked goods, and be willing to just let them go to waste; he couldn't quite understand the reasoning behind it.

Snap had shook his head, a slight grimace on his face, as disheart took over his emotions; after a moment of silently drinking his beverage, he glanced back over to the human to engage in more idle chatter, careful to not ask anything that might be considered questionable. "So, what do you do for fun?" His mind reeled for a moment after speaking the words; he was annoying himself with a line such as this, and a feeling of stagnation followed shortly after.

The cantina began to pick up again, and some people enjoyed the cheerful music around. Snap supposed that the sound was good, but mostly just interesting; the mixture of a nalargon and woot horn was something that he found to be quite odd, and almost shrill, but the smooth tones of the singer tied them together somehow.

Snap found himself scratching his facial tattoos in a self-conscious sort of way, not really sure how to make any more conversation; he never had been that great with social interaction, still sometimes feeling like the same punk kid from a few years back, and it showed as the silence between him and the human became more awkward.

[Remmy]: Trison heard a change in the man's tone and grew worried that the cause was his own demeanor or words. He blindly groped the surface of the bar until he had found his fork and started nervously poking at the cake in front of him, not actually eating any. This was the first time he'd ever ordered so many desserts at one place, but he had some extra credits and the place had a more extensive dessert menu than he expected. To his dismay, most of them were subpar in his opinion.

"My name is Trison." He said quietly, not sure if the man could hear him over what he considered to be annoying music.

He heard the sound of glass slide against the bar and used his free hand to feel for the drink. He wrapped his fingers around the glass, but didn't pick it up, his hand lingering on the sticky bartop. 

He wanted to kick himself for agreeing to meet his client in a cantina, in his experience places like this were always dimly lit, making him look and feel like he was a fumbling fool. The light banter was a welcomed distraction for his nerves, but as the pauses in conversation grew longer so did his uneasiness.

"I-uh program droids." He replied to the man's question, not really sure himself. Trison found himself trying to keep his hand from shaking as he raised the potent drink to his lips. He drew in a mouthful of the liquid, not really paying attention to what was actually in the glass. His eyes went wide with surprise and started to water as he forced himself to swallow the strong drink. He coughed softly into his hand and looked back towards the man.

"What about you?" He asked somewhat breathlessly. "What do you do for fun?"

[Sunnyshine]: A soft wind whistled through the open balcony on the other side of the establishment, and an employee went to close it up for the night; Snap was a little disgruntled, having liked to listen to the passing ships and the drone of people outside. A metallic clang told him that the glass doors had been locked, and his table was now unreachable; he supposed for a moment that it was good they had stayed at the bar after all.

Snap had frowned in mild confusion, mixed with empathy, at the human's outburst; he seemed more out of place than even Snap felt right now. "Are you alright, Trison?" The chiss had sat upright, and hesitantly patted his shoulder with a strong hand. "You look a little pale."

After another slightly awkward moment, Snap had pulled away to answer Trison's question. "Oh, I dunno-" He wavered, and then put his hands back into his pants pockets. "I read a lot." This response felt a little flat to him, but it was the only thing he could come up with that he actually enjoyed. "I also argue with my droid; sometimes that's fun." He paused, and then perked up a little. "You'd know a bit about that, huh? He's an astromech; know of any good comebacks I could use on him?"

[Remmy]: "I'm fine." Trison told the man, his young voice returning to its normal tone. "The drink was just stronger than I anticipated."

He rested his gaze on the man for a moment, wondering if he had purposely not introduced himself or had forgotten, but decided it wouldn't be polite to bring it up. 

He nervously glanced toward the door, sure at this point that his client had been delayed, but wasn't able to even make out a shadow from across the room. He slid his right hand down to his lap again, and grabbed the parcel firmly under the bar, relieved that it hadn't been flung from his lap when he coughed.

He smiled at the man's answer to his inquiry, but pursed his lips together with hesitation, deciding not to share that he also reads a lot, due to his habit of mostly reading technical manuals and recipes.

Trison couldn't hold back a grin as the man mentioned his droid, and he laughed out loud at his question. "No," He chuckled. "But I could probably give your droid some ideas for debates."

He had almost forgotten that he was feeling self-conscious and that he was here on business, as he took a very small sip from his glass. 

"What's your droid like?" He asked, a look of almost childlike joy in his mismatched eyes.

[Sunnyshine]: "Well, that-" Snap replied to Trison's offer to give his droid ideas, and pointed in no particular direction as emphasis. "I simply could not allow." He had chuckled into his glass, and drank from it for a moment. He was feeling a little better; it seemed like, after a few bumps, they were able to get along after all. Perhaps this human wasn't so interested in him on a romantic level, but it was always nice to make new friends; usually his favorite kinds of friends were the powerful ones, but he supposed he ought not to be picky.

[Remmy]: As Trison gazed at the man beside him, an older, sleekly bearded human in a long, dark coat approached and tapped him gently on the shoulder. "Mr. Chay," He spoke with a grave voice and leaned against the bar opposite of the man Trison was previously talking to. "I thought you didn't drink." 

The newcomer looked at the Chiss with disapproval on his sharp face and reached over Trison, removing the drink from his hand and finishing it off. The man looked inside the now empty glass sourly, "They do have more refined drinks here if you wish to partake..." He said, his words trailing off as he crudely stared at the singer performing across the cantina.

Trison uncomfortably looked down at the bar, "Why are you late?" He asked the man, forgetting that he had been enjoying himself just moments before. 

"Something came up." The older man replied vaguely, waving to get the bartender's attention and looking at Trison with a flirty smile. "Something more time-sensitive than our rendezvous, to my dismay." He added, briefly touching Trison's arm.

Trison was growing more impatient and annoyed by the second, and frowned as the man ordered two shots and put one in his hand.

"I'm not having a drink with you; you can take it and go." Trison said, withdrawing his hand from the small glass, and shifting on his stool toward him. He pushed the parcel against the older man's chest and glared at him. He was impatient and annoyed, but relaxed somewhat as the man downed his drink and left his side.

Trison leaned his face against his hand, trying to find his bearings before turning back to the barstool next to him, where the man whose name he still didn't know had sat.

[Sunnyshine]: Snap had turned himself again to the human, smirking; his swagger coming back a little as his beverage dwindled. "Trash is-" He started to talk about his astromech, but was interrupted by the bearded man coming over and engaging Trison in conversation. He promptly turned away, knowing business-talk when he heard it, and tuned it out while sipping the last bit of liquid and foam from the bottom of his cup. Trison's jobs were of no concern to him, though he caught a few dirty looks from the other man in the corner of his eye.

Snap let out a sharp sigh as a little bit of flirting ensued opposite him; it made him irritable, and his ears flushed from the booze and sudden anger. He rocked forward on his seat a little to pull out a few credits from his back pocket, and tossed them on the counter; he believed it was enough for both his cakes and the drinks, but only just barely.

Looking over to the two of them again, Snap scoffed with a grimace of disgust, and got up from his seat; he wasn't overly fond of watching other people, at least not this close up, and the situation gave him the feeling that he had missed an opportunity. No, he would not be staying in this cantina; without a word, the chiss drifted into the crowd and out the door. He had an astromech to anger, after all; why wait for the lecture, when he could have it right now? It would be better, he thought, than watching those two mess around.

[Remmy]: Trison looked down at the empty barstool, suddenly very aware that he was now sitting alone. "Didn't even give me his name." He mumbled to himself, rubbing his hair into his face with his hand uncomfortably. He was angry with his client, but honestly he was more furious with himself he realized. He started softly giggling at his poor choices as he fumbled for the shot his client had left for him. He drank the liquor all at once, which left an intense burning in his sinuses, before setting down his payment and slowly getting up from the bar.

He then carefully made his way to the exit, only bumping into a few people as he went, and stepped outside into the crisp night air. Despite the lingering warmth from the liquor, it was colder than he had expected, and he shivered and pulled his arms in close to his torso as he struggled to pull a glowrod from his pocket. The light helped him find his way, with little trouble, to a nearby hostel he had gotten a room at earlier in the day. 

His sleeping arrangements weren't terrible for the low price he had paid. His room was better than some of the places he'd laid his head on ships or in ports; it most definitely was cleaner and although it didn't have much in amenities, it did at least have a bed.

Once inside the closet sized room, he pulled off his tunic and boots and wrapped himself in a blanket. He curled up on the small bed and closed his heavy eyes, hoping morning would help him forget the discomfort- no, disappointment of the night.

---- ---- ---- ----

Okay, that's all I got for now c: feel free to request a drawing and I'll get to it next year.

Edited by sunshine_ley

Love your use of colours <3

Hahaaaa rps are good. I never last long in them though. It’s been ages since my last rp, anyway.

Thank you very much c: that's something I've really tried to improve with; I still have some trouble, but I'm glad you enjoy my arts regardless :b

Yeah, I know what you mean .3. I think most people find my rp style rather intimidating, so they lose interest. Luckily this is with my sister d: so she's kinda stuck with me.