sunshine_ley

Sunnyshine's Art Requests

Sorry |D I kept expecting that PM; guess I ought to reply to this first.

Well, I'm not particularly good with the shape of canine faces, but I can definitely try c: Thanks for your request, in any case; I've been pretty dry lately on the art front.

It seems that all the images I thought I had in my photobucket have disappeared so I don't have any references to give you right now. I'd have to go looking for my external hard drive which I haven't seen since last year x_X I'm sorry for not replying sooner, I'll start looking around and PM you once I have the pictures.

And you don't have to worry about doing a canine face, she is in human form majority of the time.

Ahh c: thank you very much, Socks; the deathstar was in watercolor and took forever XD was a birthday gift for my brother, and I think he liked it; Mr Whaleshark (blue fish) on the other hand was just a few hours, and just for the fun.

No worries here, Cecona :b I hate it when files go missing... if all else fails, I'm pretty okay with photo references. I usually go looking through google image search or dA stock photos when I have a human to draw, anyways; something about it translates better to my brain, the first time I'm drawing something/one.

Ahh c: thank you very much, Socks; the deathstar was in watercolor and took forever xd.png was a birthday gift for my brother, and I think he liked it; Mr Whaleshark (blue fish) on the other hand was just a few hours, and just for the fun.

Wait - no, hold up. The death star is watercolor!? ... Now I'm even more impressed. Dang, sunshine_ley. Just dang. =o

Love your avvie. ;3

Haha XD yeah, thank you, Sock; dangs all around. I've done one other space painting since then ...I'll make a thumb real fast so I can show you cx

user posted image

Hmm, a little smaller than my usual ones ...but you can still click for full size :b

It was quite a bit of trial and error; I'm still really new with watercolors, but it's fun to try things out, so I'm not overly timid about it. I guess technically these were mixed media cx since I used watered-down ink and a little touch of white acrylic, too, but in the deathstar I used waay less ink than I did in this galaxy one; those colored greys are many layers of paint. Whoever thought to make space around a scifi superweapon colorful? ME THAT'S WHO.

Mmm, eh :\ I dunno, though, it's difficult to not compare myself with digital painters; some spacescapes I've seen are simply amazing... but painting is fun |D and I have even less ability when it comes to digital, so I've jus got to live with myself for now. I would suppose I'm not the only artist to say that, either, so I guess I'm in good company.

Anyways cx this IS my thread, after all, so I guess I can say that I've been drawing all day; despite my shortcomings with digital art, I still try and make my pictures as best as I can with what I have right now. Got my April Project coming up, though, so I'm kinda scared... if three simple digital drawings took all day long, how am I gonna last in my draw-two-things-a-day challenge?? o3o

(Also, for reference, whaleshark/avvie is a digital drawing, signature is a watercolor painting/ink outlines ;B)

Edited by sunshine_ley

Hrm .3. I kinda thought someone would reply by now. Oh well, I'll just get that bigger thumb because I'm bored like that; also a few more drawings. Hopefully I can get my April Project up and running now that my cold is subsiding a touch.

Click for full size

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

And requests are always open here, thus why the word is in the very title of this thread. I don't want to show off, or post just because I drew something or status update or whatever else; this thread is for art requests .3. I just wish I had some.

Oooh, the galaxy is so pretty! You painted that? =o

It's too bad you can't stream watercolor'ing like you can digital drawing because if you could, I would totally tune in!

P.S. I think that pear is my favorite, lmao. It's so dapper!

Heh cx yeahh, thanks; honestly, I don't really know how to stream digital either. I looked into mobile device recording and streaming (because my android tablet has a stylus, whereas my computer does not), and it seems to me like one would need a very specific set of programs and expensive equipment; it's the same with streaming traditional art, and I just don't have the budget to get a good camera and lighting and such like that.

I do appreciate you saying you'd watch me, though cx I'm afraid you would probably be one of, or maybe even the only person there. I just don't like advertising myself |D I get anxiety from even writing my updates (also, this comment), so I don't think I'll ever be "popular" enough to actually attract a following of people who're actually interested in the things I do. Egh cx sounds a little self-deprecating, but I'm just being realistic. In any case, thank you very much ;b

RE: P.S. Pears were plastered across dA on April Fools cx it was only natural that there needed to be a fancy one among them; I'm glad you like it <3

Hmmm .3.

*Barfs*

user posted image user posted image user posted image

click them for bigger

Well.. *shrugs* on to news? Stuff that's on my mind (since nobody seems to be very good with conversation around here), maybe?

I've been thinking about doing some pokemon fusions .3. they seem pretty silly, and I'm bored. Have any suggestions? Keeping in mind my actual skill level with pokemans (see caterplier above and ex mixed in with the dragrs below)

user posted image

Y'know, sometimes I think that maybe I should go back into spriting ...and then I remember I wasn't very good at it; lost my patience a lot more than I actually made something good, but at least I still have some admirable tries to reminisce about

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Anyways, I'm also considering a new checker lineage; I can't decide which of these combinations look better [soulstone] [witchlight]. Perhaps something else o3o I know this isn't a thread for dragony game stuff, but lineage building has a certain aspect of creativity, and I just really want to make a cool minty one.

In any case c: *tips hat* I plan on uploading two or three pictures a day on my dA for the rest of april; I'll be sure to thumb me favorite ones here. No more ancient pictures cx guess I'm just feeling nostalgic tonight, and it turned into a little bit of a dump. (and yes I did actually barf today; not all that fun, let me tell you)

Edited by sunshine_ley

Hmmm .3. something tells me that dA has upped the size of their thumbnails again; not sure if anybody's noticed, but I just screenshot them from there to post here. I should keep an eye on them so these don't get much more oversized; like, seriously, they used to regulate them more, keep them uniform. Not anymore, it seems; maybe I'll have to go back to thumbnailing them myself (ugh).

In any case c: I finally started drawing almost every day, so some pictures, yes, are to be put here as well

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

click for bigger

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

These give me so much life. I love all of them, but I love those most-est.

I'm pretty sure any one of them could be my potential spirit animal.

Are those hilariously awesome pokefusions I spy? They're great. xP

For some reason, I am also drawn to that leetle wuu stick person. =o

C-could you draw a derpy ninetales?

I'd love to see it...

I died when I saw your arcanine... laugh.gif

Edited by Ninetails

@irrelevantindigo: Well I'm glad you like them so much c: though I remain uncertain as to spirit animals; those mandarin fish actually exist, so I'm not sure if they'd take too kindly to you owning their souls. Hmm, then again, I own fish, myself, and they don't care as long as they get foods *shrugs*

@Socks:

user posted image

Forgive me cx I haven't drawn JIM in a very long time, and my style's changed a bit; he actually had a little comic strip when he was first created, though I lost motivation only a few pages in. That was back when I was making myself minions so I wouldn't feel so very alone having no friends .3.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Perhaps I ought to bring some back, since I still have no friends |D

@Ninetails: Well hopefully you have a revive handy, or perhaps you can learn to find contentment in ghostliness o3o also, it's been a while since I drew in derpy, but, boop

user posted image

(I think I tried too hard, ehheh) click for bigger/dA page you can download from

YESSSSS.

IT'S SO FAB.

THANK YOU.

It's also my new desktop background! I'd also love to make it my avatar pic at some point. I'll need to buy a few revives, actually. laugh.gif

Edited by Ninetails

Eh? Oh cx you're quite welcome, indeed; this is an art request thread, after all ;b Not sure if you mean forum icons or no, but I did a thing before I go bed; upped the brightness/sharpness just cause things can get a little muddled when they get shrunk.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Not sure why, but she kinda reminds me of the whippet angel from All Dogs Go to Heaven; maybe it's the tuft of hair at the top of her head .3. or perhaps that they both seem particularly pretentious.

Not sure why, but she kinda reminds me of the whippet angel from All Dogs Go to Heaven; maybe it's the tuft of hair at the top of her head .3. or perhaps that they both seem particularly pretentious.

Oooooooh my gaaaaaaaaaw lmaooooooo, I totally see the All Dogs Go To Heaven thing!

Also, yes. +1. I love all of the above.

They are all so perfect! I can't decide on which one I want to use. One of the two in the middle, maybe. Thank you again! <3

She does look pretentious, but in the best way possible, I would say. lol

EDIT: Actually, since I can't decide on anything, I'll use both. randimg here I come!

Edited by Ninetails

You guys are fun cx thanks for hanging out <3

I plan on forcing myself to draw today .3. if anybody has more requests so I can continue to procrastinate my actual todo list, feel free to throw em my way :b

Ahh, I see; yep c: my own design. There's a link at the bottom of that bio/description that can take you to a more in-depth picture ref; it has a skeleton, variations, growth, close-ups, terminology, and so on, but it's not organized very well so I did this new less-complex one. In any case, all my zSpecies are my own design (thus the z in front, claiming it part of my Zoconchren universe/project); this particular dreosi was likely made back in 2005... here's a link to a trace of the original http://sta.sh/0lm3ljihq5i (one at the top) if you're interested ;b

I've been going through all my species, redrawing, making the style more uniform and logical; make it look more like an actual database. It's interesting to reminisce on my 10+ year-old drawings, and promptly reimagine them, but it is rather slow-going; my universe has been in progress since I was about ten |D ehh

Not much drawing, as of late .3. though quite a bit of writing; started a starwars role-play with my sister (click third thumbnail to read some)

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Would you like to draw my Love's and mine alter-egos too, please? ^^

user posted image (proper ref for the hare, just unmasqued: user posted image)

Hey XD sorry, I've been super distracted lately; did you have a preference on media with that?

Edited by sunshine_ley