kadoatie

Account settings: more options for scroll view

Would people like to be able to show adults/frozens and hide growing things, just as we can in reverse now ?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why should someone else be told that *I'm* hiding my eggs and hatchlings? Its my scroll, I should be able to show just what I want to show, without anyone else knowing. Right now, if you completely hide your scroll, someone else can't even tell if you are a user!

Personally, I would hide my growing things.... And I would *not* want someone else to know. That, after all, is the point of hiding growing things: so no one else can see / know what I have.

Cheers!

C4.

I suppose that last bit wouldn't matter so much.

I get your point about the hidden adults as we have it now.

I must have had SOME idea for thinking that was an idea, though for the life of me NOW I can't recall what. xd.png

ETA- OH! I recall now! It was about preventing from misleading people about what you actually had!

ALTHOUGH, if the eggs or hatchies were hidden, I don't see what a would-be bomber could do about it, even IF they knew you had anything.

Would I insist upon it saying something? Probably not...

I guess for myself I have never been OVERLY worried about people knowing what I have. THOUGH I do get that others may feel differently now that you mention it, C4. IT always seemed sort of sad and... indeeed hindering as far as trades... if you have to hide everything. THOUGH hiding the growing stuff would be a good option.

Now that you mention it, how would this work for trades?

That would be my MAIN concern if eggs and hatchies were absolutely unfindeable under this.

If an egg, let us say, or hatchie was on a scroll with hidden growing things and the owner wanted to trade?

Would they need to unhide all their babies or could it be set so that the stuff they wanted to trade showed up with their trade link ( OR their offer on some else's, for that matter)?

And IF it showed up, would we need to have another method for protecting eggies and hatchies that are in the process of being traded?

Edited by Silverswift

<snip>Now that you mention it, how would this work for trades?

I f an egg, let us say, or hatchie was on a scroll with hidden growing things and the wner wanted to trade?

Would they need to unhide their babies or could it be set so that the stuff they wanted to trade showed up with their trade link ( OR their offer on some else's, for that matter)?

I think as it is now trades work just fine with totally hidden scrolls -- although I don't routinely hide mine so I don't remember for sure. I know you can link to individual eggs on a hidden scroll, though, so I would imagine trades work similarly.

I think as it is now trades work just fine with totally hidden scrolls -- although I don't routinely hide mine so I don't remember for sure. I know you can link to individual eggs on a hidden scroll, though, so I would imagine trades work similarly.

If it could work, it strikes me as odd that this option hasn't been implemented already, given all the grief viewbombers cause AND given that the opposite is possible, the adults hidden, ( as somebody else mentioned) AND given that it DOESN'T strike me as it would be hard to do at all.

PLUS it seems like a FAR better solution to the viewbomber thign than MANY other ideas that have been suggested to deal with it.

Edited by Silverswift

I still support this as well. The utter customizability TJ suggested with checkboxes would be perfect.

I still support this as well. The utter customizability TJ suggested with checkboxes would be perfect.

Yep, still waiting (and hoping!) for this. A.... "lovely person" ..... has been attempting to help me raise my dragons, apparently in the mistaken belief that I need help.... despite having 5,860 something non-growing dragons clearly visible on my scroll and aid turned off.

I like having my scroll visible, but I'm not going to run that risk, so.... Hidden my scroll is, for now.

Please? We could really use this....

Cheers!

C4.

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Considering it's been almost 3 years since this was posted, I'm gonna bump this again and ask, can we please have this?

I've spent 7 years growing my scroll, and I'm incredibly proud of it, so I love showing it. But considering I can't be around 24/7 and people (or person) tend to stalk my scroll and add my things to hatcheries when it's unhidden, it has to stay hidden all the time now.

At the very least, a "Hide Growing Things" option will make me (and I'm sure many others) very happy.

I would *love* the checkmark idea that TJ put forth. I wonder if it's ever going to happen though.

This is about our account settings.

Currently, we can choose to hide our whole scroll, or hide our adults only. The problem is that it's our eggs and growing hatchlings which are vulnerable to attack, while adults are not.

So, I'd like to add another option: Hide growing things on scroll.

This would allow us to still show off our adults (like for trading purposes) will protecting our eggs and hatchlings from harm.

(Just in case this is a duplicate, after all: I used the search function, really. I searched for everything in suggestions with the word 'hide' in the title. Sorry.)

I'm all for it.

I think I remember seing this suggested but idk if it was an independent suggestion or just some loose comment....

And I don't get desired search results either, whenever I need...

Edited by VixenDra

While I don't have any use for this, personally, full support. This sounds like a really useful addition that would help a good chunk of people.

Yeah, I am one of the persons who already posted this same suggestion once. The problem is that this suggestion always ends being merged in another suggestion about modifying sort options. I hope this time it sticks as a separated suggestion.

Support.

I support. I don't know if I'll use it, but it seems like a simple enough and useful enough option to have it implemented.

Definitely still want this feature implemented. While I personally have never had anything entered into fansites without my permission, I still see this as something a lot of people would benefit from.

110% support

I've had several eggs/hatchlings that got bombed.. no clue whether by accident or design.. I managed to save most of them, but not all of them. This setting would allow me to post my own eggs and not have to worry about them until around the time when I know I need to check on them. As much as I love DC, I prefer not spending 24hrs a day here, just to keep eggs alive. This suggestion would give me peace of mind and more time for other important things.. online or in real life.

Still support, as I do every time this comes up. I'd really like to be able to show my scroll so people can request breedings without jeopardizing every experiment or pretty egg I have.

Why is this not a thing yet? No really. I swear I've seen this before.

Anyway, support for reasons that have already been said.

On 2/7/2013 at 10:48 PM, TJ09 said:

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Bumping this post because it would have been really useful this holiday season.

On 2/8/2013 at 5:48 AM, TJ09 said:

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Bumping this cause apparently the view bombing is happening again.... I'd love to see this feature :)

/me scurries off ranting... what's wrong with this bombers?

Edited by Sheriziya

I think this is a great solution to viewbombing and sickness in general. I've been tempted to hide my scroll a number of times to make it easier to protect my eggs/hatchlings, but I haven't wanted my entire scroll to be invisible. I think this is a great solution and something that I'd really love to see implemented. 

Why is this not a thing, yet? Since it is already possible to hide only adults/frozens, it seems like this should be easy to implement. And there has certainly been a lot of support for it. I'd like to hear @TJ09's reasoning for NOT doing it already! I can see nothing that it would harm. Am I missing something?

I really like the checkbox idea and would love to see it, or something similar, implemented.