kadoatie

Account settings: more options for scroll view

Would people like to be able to show adults/frozens and hide growing things, just as we can in reverse now ?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am talking about this suggestion in the OP:

My apologies. smile.gif

Though there is a lot to be said for hiding scroll name, so you don't get showered with breeding requests xd.png

LOVE THIS - the checkbox example in the original post:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

My main wish is to be able to hide the eggs+unfrozen while still displaying the adults+frozen - the inverse of what we have now, and the desire that led to me searching for a pre-existing thread before starting a new one.

Anything else, like the detailed tweaking above, would be lovely, too. I'm sort of assuming that since the original quote is attributed to TJ, that it's considered do-able without too much hassle?

... and I wish we could change our votes in a poll. I clicked to see the results, forgetting that it would register as a NULL vote and prevent me from doing a real vote later. So here's one more YES.

Bumping this because i would really love the option to hide all eggs and Hatchlings without having to hide my scroll. I have no problem with people seeing my adult dragons, but I dont want to be viewbombed every single time i catch a CB copper or CB Metal. And no , I'm not fogging every single egg and Hatchie every time I step away from the computer, I have better things to do then keep fogging and unfogging everything.

So I would really love this option to hide all eggs and Hatchlings please.

Just to comment, maybe make something to say that the user has some part of the scroll hidden? I'm not sure what, but gifting groups might find it difficult, if they don't know whether or not a person truly doesn't have that breed.

It's obvious if there are no adults and a trophy that the person is hiding their adults, but it's kinda difficult to tell if a person has no eggs whether it's the hiding or not.

I first posted in this thread asking for a way to hide growing 21 months ago. I'm still here and still would like this option please.

I'm always turning my scroll name on and off depending on what I'm hatching. I like the idea of people seeing my scroll name on adults, but not so much on eggs and hatchies. So being able to choose which dragons display my name (eggs, hatchies or adults) and which are displayed on my scroll, would be awesome. I very much like the checkbox idea in the OP.

I think we could all use an option to "hide only growing things" (eggs and hatchies) on Account Settings. I keep my scroll hidden because I want to protect my growing creatures from viewbombers but if I had an option I would keep my scroll open so people can see only my adult dragons (I'd keep my eggs and hatchies hidden).

Thoughts?

Edited by danicast

Support. I've wondered about the lack of this option, too, since its opposite (show only growing things) is available.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this suggestion before, I'll see if I can find it...

Anyway, it would only be useful for me if it could be done in a way that hatcheries can still find my growing things. Otherwise you'd have to turn it on and off each time you want to add stuff to a hatcherie.

Edit after thinking about it: If hatcheries still can find growing things, viewbombers can still add them. They can even check what growing things are on a scroll by entering it in a hatcherie.

So to work efficiently against viewbombing, the effect would have to be the same as for scroll-hiding, so that not even hatcheries would find growing things on a scroll. I wouldn't use it if that were the case. But if others have use for such an option, why not?

Edited by Ha-Ki

I don't recall any suggestion like this. I only remember someone asking for a multiple fog action. I think this idea is better.. I might even use it myself.

I like showing off my scroll, but I don't like it when my eggs/hatchlings die from view-bombing. Being able to show off only my adults/frozen things would be cool.. and protecting my eggs/hatchlings while still allowing them to receive views from hatcheries would be awesome.

There certainly is a thread. I've posted there; I may even have started it. Support big time, but I'm in the airport on my tablet and can't search.

Yep, I found this post, where fuzz quoted the suggestion from the other thread (edit: at the end of the linked post), but haven't found the original yet... Even searching for parts of the quote doesn't give me the original thread, maybe someone who's smarter with the forum search can try xd.png

Edit: Yes, dragongrrl, that's the one! Thanks a lot!

Edited by Ha-Ki

Oh gawd yes. This would be wonderful. Currently there is hide adults and hide everything and I've wondered why there isnt a hide growing things. It looks so ugly to always have the fog balls and what if you just don't want to have your hatchies and eggs visible. Especially for people who catch multiple rares and such to trade, being able to hide the growing things would allow them to trade without worrying about fogging and un fogging and what not.

I'd support this. When I was constantly being targeted by viewbombers a few months ago, I was constantly hiding and unhiding my scroll anyway, so going from that to just hiding growing things would be the same, while still letting people see my scroll.

And on many occasions, I have seen people's scrolls with many fogged babies, which is overly complicated and even more of a nuisance than hiding scrolls. So being able to hide just the growing things would be a huge benefit.

And as a bonus, there are a couple hatcheries out there like Silvi's where you can type in a dragon's code to add it to a site, which circumvents the 'hidden scroll' thing while at the same time protecting from viewbombers because it's very difficult to add codes when you can't immediately see them.

There are of course ways to find out a dragon's code, but most of them are too much trouble for most people.

We've asked for this before. Bossman even posted in the old thread with what seemed like a favorable response a couple years ago. Still waiting or the idea likely got scrapped since it's been so long.

Adding my voice to support more options. I really like the checkbox suggestion that TJ posted (a couple years back xd.png)

I support this. I want to be able to keep my growing creatures safe without having to lock my entire scroll. I want my growing creatures to be invisible to other users because I just had my three eggs killed by a viewbomber censorkip.gif. Please update this.

I support any way to get this implemented. This is a completely necessary feature - let us protect our growing dragons or change/remove sickness. Having to hide all of my eggs and hatchlings one by one every night (or every time I leave my computer with extremely valuable eggs) to keep other members from killing them is ridiculous. I don't like hiding my scroll so I won't do it but that's really not a good option either. I like talking to my friends about dragons we own, lineages we want to do, etc and hiding what I own would make that much harder.

We shouldn't have to be constantly hiding in order to play this game. Its not fun and does nothing but frustrate normal players while giving trolls an easy way to ruin someone's day/week/month. There's no benefit to leaving the system as it is. Sometimes I wish I'd never come to the forums. Viewbombing didn't exist and I never had to fog my growing dragons until I made the mistake of posting.

My family often ask why I bother playing a site I have to micromanage so much only because other members like to try and kill your eggs. "I like the art" is getting kind of stale.

I'm always turning my scroll name on and off depending on what I'm hatching. I like the idea of people seeing my scroll name on adults, but not so much on eggs and hatchies. So being able to choose which dragons display my name (eggs, hatchies or adults) and which are displayed on my scroll, would be awesome. I very much like the checkbox idea in the OP.

I would have no problem with this idea.

I don't know if I would use it or not... it might be handy.

so long as, as someone else mentioed a notice were given on the scroll that that user was hiding eggs and hatchies.

I would have no problem with this idea.

I don't know if I would use it or not... it might be handy.

so long as, as someone else mentioed a notice were given on the scroll that that user was hiding eggs and hatchies.

Why should someone else be told that *I'm* hiding my eggs and hatchlings? Its my scroll, I should be able to show just what I want to show, without anyone else knowing. Right now, if you completely hide your scroll, someone else can't even tell if you are a user!

Personally, I would hide my growing things.... And I would *not* want someone else to know. That, after all, is the point of hiding growing things: so no one else can see / know what I have.

Cheers!

C4.

I still think TJ's checkboxes, added into the very first post of the thread, is the best way to go. It would give me the options I want.

Total support! smile.gif

I would really like to see something like this implemented. TJ's suggested checkboxes shown in the first post would be an excellent way to achieve it. So it gets a yes, please! from me. smile.gif