kadoatie

Account settings: more options for scroll view

Would people like to be able to show adults/frozens and hide growing things, just as we can in reverse now ?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely. Still waiting for this. :)

I still support this. I would actually make my scroll name visible if it weren't on growing things :)

On 2/8/2013 at 5:48 AM, TJ09 said:

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

Eggs

Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

Hatchlings

Frozen Hatchlings

Adults

Hello TJ, can we please have this? More than five years later, it is still a great idea.

Yes. Still a great idea. Still a very logical idea. I *still* don't understand why we can hide all adults, which don't get views and can't get viewbombed to death, but showing adults and not showing growing things isn't an option. It'd also be really nice to be able to choose what to show your scroll name on. Basically exactly what TJ posted would be *awesome*.

This is exactly what I've been hoping for, since the huge viewbomb a while back. That is, the option to hide growing things in one swoop, rather than one at a time. And without hiding the adults, so if anyone needs my adults for Encyclopedia or breeding, there's no trouble there. The scroll name thing would just be an added bonus..

I am disappointed that this idea has languished for 8 years now, gaining support from most users who have posted, and even having a lovely suggested solution posted by TJ himself -- yet is still not a thing! Why?

I fully support this. I never understood the logic in hiding your adults when, short of you killing them, they're unkillable. Unlike hatchlings and eggs, which viewbombers can and constantly do kill. Why hide the unkillables but not the killable?

I'd love to hide my hatchlings and eggs. I wouldn't have to constantly hide my whole scroll the instant a viewbomber hits me, which prevents me from joining in any events that demand scrolls to not be hidden. Then at least when I leave, I'll know my vulnerable stuff is safe and if anyone sees something on my scroll that they may want an offspring from, I can still coordinate trades with them.

The checkbox approach sounds great. I'd personally want to only hide my eggs, as they are most vulnerable.

I hope it's ok to boop this thread... genuinely surprised we still don't have this! I was expecting it to be part of the account page update back in may

4 hours ago, Arcy said:

I hope it's ok to boop this thread... genuinely surprised we still don't have this! I was expecting it to be part of the account page update back in may

I still support this idea. It's really surprising that it has never been implemented. I've never had any use for hiding my adults but this change would be invaluable.

Still don't understand why this hasn't been implemented after so long (especially since TJ himself gave a perfect example of how it could work). Still really really want this.

On 2/7/2013 at 11:48 PM, TJ09 said:

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

We're almost up to ten years on this... still hoping, maybe someday.

My scroll is an unsorted mess (add fixing that to my endless "to-do" list...), but that doesn't mean that I want to hide everything just to keep "helpful" fingers off of my growing ones. Fogging isn't the same because they're completely prevented from gaining views instead of just being unlisted, and creatures in teleports can't be fogged anyway.

Bumping this!! Would love to see this solution implemented

I would love for this to be a thing. I really love having my scroll open and available for people to view through but I'd love it if I could keep my eggs protected since I gift a lot and I would hate for gifts to get sick and die before I can give them to people. As well as just in general