kadoatie

Account settings: more options for scroll view

Would people like to be able to show adults/frozens and hide growing things, just as we can in reverse now ?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

I would very much like this. Do it TJ! tongue.gif

Recently I had a view bomber on my scroll and I had to fog my hatchlings and eggs (sick ones and healthy ones), remove my username from the dragon's info page, and hide my scroll.

While I was dealing with this, I had an idea when hiding my scroll and username. In account settings there is a choice to hide all adult dragons on scroll which would only display hatchlings and eggs. What about having an option to hide hatchings and eggs on the scroll? This way hatchlings and eggs could still get views and what not if posted by their user, but would not be displayed on the scroll. This way we could still show what kinds of adult dragons we have and other players who might want to ask for a breeding request can look at what dragons you have. It would also prevent view bombers from having access to all of your hatchlings and eggs if you choose to display your username on the dragon's info page.

I'm not even sure is this is even a good idea, but I would love to hear any input on why its a bad idea, how it can be improved, or why you believe its a good idea.

It's a good idea, though I can see it failing to work, since if you display your username, the view bomber can still go to a hatchery and enter your username and get eggs that way, unless this would prevent your eggs from being in a hatchery at all, and you used an alternative way of hatching your eggs.

I think the hatchlings and eggs need to be viewable on your scroll for that to happen, wouldn't they?

I am not sure how entering your username on hatch sites works. I think, they need to be able view the dragons on the scroll to pull hatchling and egg codes for posting. But you do bring up a good point.

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Oh wow. So this is a thing. I would LOVE this. wub.gif

We like to show off our dragons (well, many of us do. xd.png) And we may often invite people to see what we could breed for them (you know the posts - "Will breed anything off my scroll... for a gold...")

But occasionally this can lead to too many views on growing things. Not maliciously - just by people dropping by.

I would like to see the facility to hide growing things when the scroll page is called up, just as we can hide adults/frozens now. NOT to "hide the scroll" - we'd need to be able to put them in fan sites and sigs - and not to fog when they aren't sick - but just when someone goes to your scroll page, they'd only see the adults and frozens (maybe even have the option not to show those, too, if people are dropping by to look into breeding possibilities.).

Yes, thank you! <3

I've ended up removing my name from the View pages, then removing my scroll from my sig because of clicky fingers. I am trying to grow my babies with 0 clicks whenever possible, but do have some interesting dragons, and I think I have a pretty interesting collection of names, too. Some have approved stories, or beautiful lineages, but I'm not comfortable posting my scroll link anymore because of a few people with OCD tendencies about unclicked eggs. This would solve my problem. smile.gif

Is this what you were looking for, fuzz?

Okay, I just posted in Fuzzbucket's new thread , but yes, I'll bet this is what she was looking for, and TJ's suggestion would handle the issue perfectly! Thank you, Sock for bringing back this thread, and thank you, TJ, for your suggestion! Can you make it go?

I don't know, but I might be able to merge them in a way that will give this thread the poll. If not, could a global please add one? =3

Edit: YUS!!! It worked!

And now I know how to add a poll to a thread. x3 Would break all the links to the thread, but how many suggestions threads get linked anyways?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Is there a way to merge my two posts, one from the old and one from the new thread, please?

I'm really not in the habit of double posting, and i do love TJ's idea!

Yup. You copy the contents of one, delete the copied one, and edit the one you're keeping to paste in the contents of the deleted one. x3

I don't know, but I might be able to merge them in a way that will give this thread the poll. If not, could a global please add one? =3

Edit: YUS!!! It worked!

And now I know how to add a poll to a thread. x3 Would break all the links to the thread, but how many suggestions threads get linked anyways?

Way to go you !

Where's the blush emote? I misclicked really badly and ended up being that no vote you see up there. >.>

I wondered who had done that without posting !!!! See - we NEED a way to change our votes - I'd never even thought about misclicks !

And yes we need this:

user posted image

Many of you know that there is an option on your scroll to hide all your adults. What if we had an option in account settings to hide all your hatchlings and eggs on your scroll and only displaying the adults?

It would let people display their adult dragons safely. No longer would you worry about people need to worry about putting a scroll link in their signature and having your hatchlings dumped without your consent into a fansite (as I think some of us have experienced). Especially since most fansites use the scroll name to add your dragons to the site. The point of a scroll is to display the dragons you caught, but sometimes I, at least, don't think use that freely, because of my concern for the safety of the more vulnerable dragons.

It would let people freely take breeding requests from their scroll safely. An option like this one would be much more efficient than leaving a link to your scroll in your signature... only to have said link stop working a while later because you needed to hide your scroll. And it wouldn't be as necessary, in some cases, to list out all your breeding pairs because you needed to keep your scroll hidden but also wanted to take breeding requests.

And what about needing to hide all the hatchlings and eggs on your scroll you really, really care about when you're trading? Sure you could just fog all the eggs and hatchlings and leave your scroll visible, but doesn't it get a little bit tedious? Especially when you're things aren't fresh anymore and the things are fine unfogged when your scroll is hidden.

Discuss?

Edited by DarkEternity

Many of you know that there is an option on your scroll to hide all your adults. What if we had an option in account settings to hide all your hatchlings and eggs on your scroll and only displaying the adults?

It would let people display their adult dragons safely. No longer would you worry about people need to worry about putting a scroll link in their signature and having your hatchlings dumped without your consent into a fansite (as I think some of us have experienced). Especially since most fansites use the scroll name to add your dragons to the site. The point of a scroll is to display the dragons you caught, but sometimes I, at least, don't think use that freely, because of my concern for the safety of the more vulnerable dragons. 

It would let people freely take breeding requests from their scroll safely. An option like this one would be much more efficient than leaving a link to your scroll in your signature... only to have said link stop working a while later because you needed to hide your scroll. And it wouldn't be as necessary, in some cases, to list out all your breeding pairs because you needed to keep your scroll hidden but also wanted to take breeding requests.

And what about needing to hide all the hatchlings and eggs on your scroll you really, really care about when you're trading? Sure you could just fog all the eggs and hatchlings and leave your scroll visible, but doesn't it get a little bit tedious? Especially when you're things aren't fresh anymore and the things are fine unfogged when your scroll is hidden.

Discuss?

This is one of the options asked for here.

I even started a thread asking for that AGES ago, too... Such ages ago that I can't find it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Bump. We've been having many users mentioning problems with viewbombers and some of these options (especially hiding scrollname on growing dragons) could really help them out and perhaps be an easier and more workable solution than having to hide their own scroll. o3o

Bump. We've been having many users mentioning problems with viewbombers and some of these options (especially hiding scrollname on growing dragons) could really help them out and perhaps be an easier and more workable solution than having to hide their own scroll. o3o

You CAN hide your scroll name on growing dragons, just by hiding it on all your dragons, without hiding your scroll.

You CAN hide your scroll name on growing dragons, just by hiding it on all your dragons, without hiding your scroll.

I am talking about this suggestion in the OP:

3. Show scroll name only for adults

Benefits: same as #2

Negatives: ?