kadoatie

Account settings: more options for scroll view

Would people like to be able to show adults/frozens and hide growing things, just as we can in reverse now ?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

<.< From 2010 why don't we have this!?!

Animorph, if you use silvi's or one of the other code adding sites, yes, you'd still be able to add them. But I already have to modify my account settings every time I want to modify my dragons in the hatchery I use, this isn't intended to change that.

I guess I thought it was such a simple and obvious thing that if it hadn't been implemented it meant it hadn't been suggested.... *sigh* Greatly lowers my hopes that this is going to get done, though. That's what I hate about this section. So many suggestions that if it was my site I'd add as soon as I got the coding debugged, and they sit forever seemingly ignored.

Well, I merged it...

We need this

Edited by Pokemonfan13

The idea is simple. Add an option that will allow others to only see your non-growing dragons.

Currently we have two options about how others will view your overall scroll: Hide Scroll and Hide Adults on Scroll. Well, why not be able to hide only our eggs and hatchlings? It would work the same way as Hide Adults, just the other way around. And I can't really think of anything else to add so. . . .

Thoughts..?

Edited by ab613

I like the idea, I just have to wonder something:

Why wouldn't you want someone to see your growing dragons? I mean, the only way those dragons grow up is by VIEWS and if no one can see them... what's the point?

Why wouldn't you want someone to see your growing dragons? I mean, the only way those dragons grow up is by VIEWS and if no one can see them... what's the point?

You would be able to see them if you were given the link, but couldn't see them when viewing the actual scroll. So if you clicked them on a click site, you'd be able to see the egg's page, but if you then looked at the person's scroll they wouldn't appear. :\

Edited by ab613

I can see this being a good thing for holiday spriter alts. LadyLyzar had one of her ribbons killed from people stalking her scroll once they discovered she did the holiday dragons.

I can see this being a good thing for holiday spriter alts. LadyLyzar had one of her ribbons killed from people stalking her scroll once they discovered she did the holiday dragons.

Just going to requote this for emphasis! D: It would be horrible to be scroll-stalked and then have an egg or hatchling die....v.v

So yeah, I really like this idea~!

This could also have use for those who decide to view-bomb multiple eggs on a scroll because they don't like that user, without that user being forced to hide their entire scroll.

I don't really see any negatives to this, so why not?

I don't really see any negatives to this, so why not?

This. Apart from the time it takes to code it [and since it is a reversal of one already in existence I find it hard to imagine that it would be a ton of work] there is no drawback.

All it needs to do is...

a. Hide the growing dragons on the scroll view

b. Remove them from the API so that people can't add them to fansites.

I would really love to be able to hide just the growing things on my scroll, for various reasons.

But if we can't have that, perhaps a full scroll hide could at least show a scroll's badges and such, rather than the "You can’t seem to find the scroll you’re looking for..." message, just to verify the existence of the scroll.

Well, I thought I had a good idea today to make a suggestion for a Hide Growing option on our scrolls to go with hide adults or hide scroll (entire). I find this topic with search so here I am dragging it back to the front.

I am very motivated to pursue this as some person has decided to get their jollys adding my scroll to hatcheries. Why not just hide scroll you ask? That would prevent my participation in collecting threads like Save the Rares and Going Green. I don't like some random person possibly forcing me to change how and if I play this game.

I am boggled that this has been suggested so long ago and still isn't available considering how adamant most people are about you shouldn't force anyone to play a certain style here. Well, here's to crossing my fingers this bump helps but most likely just another post count where I am spinning my wheels.

I like this. As long as people you KNOW can add your things to fan sites (I have a sitter, for instance...)

I also agree with ShaladorsLady - it is annoying when you think a scroll may not actually exist - this happened to me when I had an IOU outstanding, thought I had remembered the name right (I had) but when I.... And I know someone who was very frustrated when trying to set up a scroll - as that message told her the name wasn't taken...!

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Yup that would work.

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

I like that idea. After all, many players use fansites or forums, most of which don't require your scroll (or only during the original insert). It could be very useful to hide eggs and hatchlings from appearing on your scroll.

That would work for me-- hide growing and show the rest or any variation biggrin.gif

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

That would be awesome.

Agree, TJ. I'd really like those options.

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

I think that would be perfect. smile.gif It would also provide plenty of space for adding things in the future, if it's an option enough people want and TJ agrees with. happy.gif

I would love checkboxes! (Especially if it would allow us to add our scrolls to fansites all at once, even with eggs/hatchlings hidden. ^__^)

How about checkboxes:

Show username on:

☑ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☐ Frozen Hatchlings

☐ Adults

Display on Scroll:

☐ Eggs

☑ Hatchlings

☑ Frozen Hatchlings

☑ Adults

Yes please Mr Gentleman Sir smile.gif