The Brave Black Flag

((I know, darling. Things have been a bit busy, so thank you for reminding me, as usual))

She strutted past him, shoving her hands into her coat pockets and blinking against the rain. Aribeth wrinkled her nose "You'll be looking over there" she raised a hand to motion to a pristine (well, as pristine as you get) white boat with a small deck and a steering cabin. It wasn't too far off the one that Dio had singled out, but it stuck out like a sore thumb once you spotted it. Not anything near as grand as some of the other ships docked further down, but it wan't exactly standard either. Not wooden certainly. She pitched him a grin and walked off towards it, seeming as bouncy as a person who hadn't nearly drowned like a rat.

Aribeth flicked a piece of lint from her pockets as she came upon her ship. It wasn't sinking. That was good. The main body of the wreckage hadn't hit her either. Just a few stray planks. She picked up her discarded clothes from the ground, tossing them on-deck where they landed with a wet thunk. "Well, she's in-tact, so that's good enough for me"

(I've been busy too so no worries)

Dio turned his gaze to follow the direction of her pointing finger and spotted the ship. It had white hull, a rarity in itself, but beyond that something else about it seemed diffirent, though he coukdn't quick place his finger on what.

As she started walking he fell into slept behind her, following her to the ship. The man hesitated a moment, gazing up the plank walkway, not sure if he really wanted to get on another ship with the possibility of getting stuck on it, but unless he wanted to stay out in the storm he had no choice. With a sigh he made his way up the walkway and onto the ship's deck, glancing around as he took evert hinges In, before he turned his gaze to Aribeth again. "How long have you been docked here?"

((Just as a warning, this looks to be a character I had who did an accidental time-dimension travel thing, so I'll be keeping her as that))

"Just since this morning" she replied, stepping up after him and entering the sheltered control cabin "Now I know it's nothing fancy, but there's a bed below deck if you need it. And I'd offer you a change of clothes as well, but somehow I don't think mine will fit'cha" Aribeth smiled, plonking down in the captain's chair and swiveling to face Dio. The ship really was small. Maybe five people could lay shoulder-to-shoulder in the cabin, and while the deck was bigger, it wasn't a grand spectacle in itself. The ship was more of a small trawler than anything "But about that story" she said, motioning to a bench against the wall

(Oh, look at that, I didn't reply, sorry about that)

Dio followed her into the cabin, glancing around as he walked in, taking in how small it all was compared to the ship he had been held captive on. He continued to look around as Aribeth spoke, answering his question and explaining how there was bed if he needed one, but no clothing. The no clothing thing wouldn't be a problem as long as he had somewhere he could hang his up to dry. His thoughts on the matter were abruptly stopped though as she spoke again, asking about his promised story while gesturing toward a bench. Dio hesitated just a moment before he moved over to the bench and lowered himself onto it, leaning back against the cabin's wall as he gazed at the captain through soaked bangs.

Dio wasn't sure how to start. He shifted then cleared his throat. "Well... I'll give you the simple version" he finally said. "The ship I was on was a royal navy vessel known as Lillian or Lilli of the sea. The captain, a man by the name of Gragory the third or something stupid like that, is.. well frankly he's a right old... ahem, but I'm getting off point here. So this ship roams about looking for trouble and claps in irons anyone making enough trouble for them to be noticed. It was just my bad luck that as they were in port at a particular city there might have been some... problems that I might have been responsible for, including some... explosions, though those were purely by accident. So, they hauled me away to their big fancy ship, tied me up, ran into a storm, and tada! here I am"

When he was finished talking he shifted a bit and watched her, leaving out the fact that there might also be a bounty out for his head because as he saw it she would either be a good normal person and turn him in or be a bad sea scoundrel and still turn him in.

Edited by dragonsword

The young captain stretched in her chair, muscles quivering as she worked out the small kinks and tensions that had formed from her most recent bout with the sea. She rolled her shoulders and yawned before settling back to watch as Dio familiarized himself with the captain's cabin. You'd think he'd never seen a ship like this before. Or, well, yeah... She sniffed, reclining back in the still-warm leather seat.

Aribeth listened obligingly to his story (and with enough focus to assure him that she was indeed paying attention), but made no indication that she found it particularly interesting, though she did raise a brow at the mention of explosions. The blonde leaned back with her hands cradling her head and set her bare feet on the nearest counter "Aaaand that's it then?" she pursed her lips contemplatively and stared out the glass windows at the storm outside. Her head lolled to the side to look at him "So exactly what were you doing before the accidental explosion thing? You're not really spicing this story up, ya'know?"

(Sorry, sorry school started. I also have no idea what he was doing... any ideas what it should be?)

Edited by dragonsword

((It seemed primarily like he was avoiding telling his capture story and waiting to be turned in by Aribeth. Not sure if there was anything else you were going to have him do.))

("Well she asked him what he was doing before the explosion but I'm not sure how he should answer, concidering his position... maybe something could happen and he weasels his way out of answering? Like maybe one of the crew members interrupts them and Dio makes up some excuse?)

((Haha, well Aribeth is lame and doesn't have any crew members. Her ship is about the size of a large skiff after all. However, he is welcome to skate and sweet-talk his way around answering))

Dio found himself throughly stumped on what to say. If he told her the truth that would just make matters worse, but if he didn't say anything it would be suspicious. Dio shifted uncomfortably on the bench before he opened his mouth to speak, but before he could utter a word a vary loud sneeze escaped him. Luckily he had lifted his arm at the last minuet to sneeze into his elbow.

A shiver ran through him, his still soaking wet clothes clinging to his skin, chilling him. "I'm sorry" he said softly, lowering his arm. This was not faked or planned but he was happy to use this to his advantage. "Could we maybe talk later? You see I tend to get sick quite easily so I think I should let my clothes dry before I get any colder" he told her, loosely wrapping his arms around himself, making it seem like he was much colder then he really was. "I promise I will tell you everything later" he added, giving her a small smile, but the truth was he was partly lieing. He did tend to get minor colds easily, that was true, but he did not plan on telling her everything .

(Ugh.. well it's not exactly sweet talking but it works (hopefully))

Edited by dragonsword