TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

It's always been this way since 2008, Don't worry young padawan, you'll get used to it.

A game should not be tedious. That it has been tedious for years is a mark against the game, not a thing to tout with pride.

There's a difference between "difficult" and "tedious". Recently, releases (and cavehunting in general) have moved toward the latter.

Really? I had been absent for almost more than a year and I haven't seen as many CB metallics as I've seen in the past week in the 5 years that I've been on here. I'd say rares are getting easier to catch. Coppers being the only ones I haven't seen in-cave then. Only adds to the fun.

Ok. now I have 4 of the Desert ones. I might trade one of them later for a Coastal...nah...

/Still regret trading that extra Green Opal last month. ;-;

I'll try for another Coastal oncemy GW hatches.

Missclicks, here I come! xd.png

Edited by earthgirl

ughhhhh

seriously people, how do you do it ; _______ ;

am i just super slow or what....

Oh...my God. *dies from laughter*

Best. Code. Ever. Grabbed!

I managed to grab a desert egg with the code HCky0! *dies*

Eggs drop every 5 minutes wink.gif

(Yes, iv now seen but thank you for answering. ^-^ )

I wish I always knew who got eggs... like.. live... (Though that would never happen im sure) where it was, 'blah got *type of egg*' and id a see how many people left! lol! Im sure happy at LEAST people announce when they are done searching for eggs. It always reinsures me for the next 5min release. xd.png.png

(Thank you for those who announce it, it really does make me happy knowing there's less people searching and are happy so id soon also be. >3<)

Change to chrome, way faster smile.gif I'm a user of both

It's funny, I just switched to FF for the catching because Chrome was super-slow. I guess the idea is to just switch browsers until one works?

Got WAY too many of the coast egg; tried biting some and they turned but stayed. xd.png Bit and repulsed one, so I grabbed one desert egg for the open slot. Will try again when I can dump some of these vamp eggs. xd.png

Someone gave a good tip earlier to avoid locking on only one egg - grab some AP eggs as place holders and then button mash in one biome to your heart's content! smile.gif Once you have all the eggs you want from that biome, abandon the AP eggs and go on to the other one.

*squealing noises* IVE DONE IT I've caught one of the desert fellas. C:

Now I wanna see if I can get a coast one!

Someone gave a good tip earlier to avoid locking on only one egg - grab some AP eggs as place holders and then button mash in one biome to your heart's content! smile.gif Once you have all the eggs you want from that biome, abandon the AP eggs and go on to the other one.

Ooh, that's a neat idea! I should have done so as well, but I guess I got to frustrated in the first hour of catching and didn't even think about locking after I switched browsers o_O

It seems every 10min the eggs pop. But im not seeing the number of 'users on page' go down. Does that mean no ones nabbing or is my number just slow? xd.png I would hope it would go down meaning some people took an egg with then but...

Oh um. I'll click away from the page now. Heh heh.

Everyone else's probably still hunting.

A game should not be tedious. That it has been tedious for years is a mark against the game, not a thing to tout with pride.

lol the tediousness and the unfairness of new drops / rarity for players on slower connections is why I left for like 3 years...

almost left again last month, but my friends kept me in the game so... i'll try to stay but if it gets to the point that there are all these new dragons and I can't get any, ever and nothing I have is good enough to trade for one.. yeah I may leave for good.

Really? I had been absent for almost more than a year and I haven't seen as many CB metallics as I've seen in the past week in the 5 years that I've been on here. I'd say rares are getting easier to catch. Coppers being the only ones I haven't seen in-cave then. Only adds to the fun.

No kidding, I actually caught a gold egg a few days ago! I've been playing for five years and that was my first cb metal (not counting coppers) I've caught in the cave. I had to trade for the others.

Rares are a lot easier to catch these days in my opinion.

Guys? I remember that those of us with better connections would offer to be "hunters" (I used to be one of those poor souls, Umbreonage got me my trios back when they were released.) for others. Is that still a thing? Sorry, haven't been around for a while. I guess it's one way to avoid the whining and negative feelings.

I am referring more to the fact that the caves almost never move after the top of the hour and the recent pattern of releases mixing within hours, which makes supposedly common and uncommon dragons nigh-impossible to get because of the glut of blockers. Dragons shouldn't entirely vanish from the biomes even before 24 hours have passed. (Plus, metals had a massive drought roughly when you left, to my understanding. Ratios aren't working and haven't for quite some time).

That's not difficulty unless you count bad NES "difficulty" as genuine difficulty.

Got WAY too many of the coast egg; tried biting some and they turned but stayed. xd.png Bit and repulsed one, so I grabbed one desert egg for the open slot. Will try again when I can dump some of these vamp eggs. xd.png

Apart from anything else, you risked a 24-hour, killed-egg lock, when you could have traded them after 5 hours for some of the other ones?

You're darned lucky to have just the same 5-hour wait for all but the repulsed one...

Hi, flitzthesoulreaper!

Long time no see, and hope you're keeping well!

Re: 'Am I the only one that like hunting being difficult? It adds to the game! :/ If every goal was easy to achieve then it would be boring. Though I got my eggs in the span of 10 minutes I HAVE had to spend an entire day on hunting. (Stupid pumpkins wasted my WHOLE day. Halloween '09, never forget.)'

No, there are several others, but many of the rest of us like rewards for our efforts in our recreational activities, lol, and get quite enough fail in RL.

A LOT of us could catch nothing in some of the previous Releases - or afterward, come to that, and that's no fun at all.

For many of us, the fun starts once we have the eggs and can start doing things - but if you can't catch the tools you need, you can't even begin to play.

And especially since so many are catching before work or in spare moments, and may only ever be able to catch these in Floods, it's good to be done and start to enjoy the event, whenever they can check in, knowing that their catching ordeal is over with, and they won't have to do without new eggs, lol.

Edit: lol, I see, you were off for a year and are coming back fresh, without the daily boredom and the experience of previous disappointing Releases.

If it hadn't been for angels gifting me, I'd have had to do without many of the more recent new dragons for a VERY long time - but people want to catch their own.

A relative few have hot puters/fast connections; far more don't and may be challenged in catching even commons - so the great bulk of the player population already deals with far too much 'challenge' to begin with and losing out on new Releases, together with the often-unmoving biomes, has caused many people to go on extended hiatus or only come back for Releases, where they may not be able to catch anything.

This isn't fun for them - it may be for some, but I'll bet not for most.

Edited by Syphoneira

Oh...my God.  *dies from laughter*

Best.  Code.  Ever.  Grabbed!

I managed to grab a desert egg with the code HCky0! *dies*

I love that code <3

still got 16 hours till I have a free space again sleep.gif

Got three of each. Thanks to TJ and the spriters!

The egg hunt is much easier now that the release date is fixed and announced well in advance. During the previous years, I was always locked or away when the new release was announced. Now I can make sure that I am online and that my scroll is open on the day of the release.

Guys? I remember that those of us with better connections would offer to be "hunters" (I used to be one of those poor souls, Umbreonage got me my trios back when they were released.) for others. Is that still a thing? Sorry, haven't been around for a while. I guess it's one way to avoid the whining and negative feelings.

We can't catch on another person's scroll, that's multiscrolling and can get scrolls burned. You could gift eggs that were caught when they come off cooldown though.

Thanks again TJ and spriters for a nice relaxing Sunday with awesome new eggs - can't wait to see the dragons/hatchlings. laugh.gif

There is a New Release Gifting Force, but they aren't open until a while after the release, so peeps have to wait before they can ask for help.

Maybe, but it seemed to me that that lovely long 5-minute Drop about 20 minutes into the 2nd hour allowed a bunch of people to get at least some eggs (I thought I had one, actually got 3 then, going by times) and then more people filled up and finished spam-clicking in the next Drops, while others posted that they were giving up and going to bed/work, or whatever so that it's now, when I just checked, showing around 150 people in the Biomes rather than 600-700...

We just had nowhere near enough eggs being Dropped for the number of people hunting to prevent everyone a little slower from expecting the same no-egg, wasted time and effort results as too many of us seem to routinely have in Releases these days.

I agree there weren't many being dropped at first, but I've just been going through two of the old release posts and in both of those there were issues with the cave/not enough eggs, and something seemed to adjust about 2 hours in where suddenly people came back and reported that something in the cave had changed from 5 minutes before and then you start seeing people egglock.

Not everyone, of course. There's always a part of the playing population that struggles throughout the release (which I definitely think needs to be addressed). But I think that there does seem to be a delayed change in the cave that is so abrupt that you can actually pinpoint the time in the release threads and then see the reports build of people locking. Like I said, I'm going to try to keep track, because if it's true then it would be good to know for the folks who I see genuinely distressed at the first drop and then full a few hours later.

Am I the only one that likes hunting being difficult? It adds to the game! :/ If every goal was easy to achieve then it would be boring. Though I got my eggs in the span of 10 minutes I HAVE had to spend an entire day on hunting. (Stupid pumpkins wasted my WHOLE day. Halloween '09, never forget.)

You are not the only one - I must admit that I really enjoyed the Copper and Opal releases. But while I (apparently) have a speedy internet connection, others already struggle with the more common releases, and I can imagine that those Uncommons must be a pain for them.

Well, let's go back to the desert. Still have none of the new eggs yet. :x

Edit: Aaand just caught one. laugh.gif

Edited by The_Imago