TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

WOW! THAT"S what I'm talking about! I caught some Coast ones, headed for the Desert! Good luck, everyone!

I had one egg that I was waiting on to hatch, but I gave it away in favour of getting these new ones. I'm now locked with 4 coast and 3 desert. smile.gif Now back to working on that essay that's due tomorrow...

it was worth holding that off wasn't it? >:)

Woo weird :17 drop, got 2 desert and a coast...now just one more coast plus 3 whatever I can get!

I really hope that nice long drop wasn't a fluke! Either way, it seems to have gotten rid of a bit of the competition (including me since I was still in spaz-click mode.) I really wish you all luck!

Oh yeah and if you have it the scroll wheel/middle button IS totally your friend!

lol the code on this egg is funny to me 6EZDh im reading it as "6 easy duh" uh yeah 6 was anything but easy you crazy egg xd.png

Need: 1 of each more, and then I'll be egglocked. After which I'll have to incubate and influence and hatch them, and after which, I'll have to catch yet another pair.

So far, so good.

There'd be  a lot more refreshing with decent Floods and Drops of New Releases, and if the game was made more fun, so many people wouldn't now only return for New Releases - something more people are going to lose interest in if they're virtually impossible for such a high proportion of people to get in any reasonable time period, or possibly at all.

Maybe TJ wants a smaller site with fewer, faster people, rather than the family site that brought him success, before the chronic inability to regularly hunt in the Cave lost the site so many players over the years, no idea; all I know is that a lot of people aren't coming here daily anymore who I miss, and that I'm beginning to dread Releases almost as much as I want the dragons I too-often can't catch myself.

And as this is the only game I play, and is one I still care about, this makes me feel very sad and discouraged.

Yeah, I agree. I find sites that put their costumers' satisfaction first and foremost tend to do better because of the positive association, loyal, long-term customers, and word of mouth. Without those, I don't see sites ever being as successful as they could be. Of course, there are notable exceptions who are unfortunately rolling in money despite their terrible customer service. I'm lookin' at you, EA games.

Anywho, I don't find the framework for "short drops, more refreshes = more money" a very successful endeavour myself, but I suppose no one really knows the true motivation behind it other than TJ himself. Perhaps I am wrong and the increasingly louder voice of displeasure and frustration has just (somehow) missed the right ears. Or maybe there is a secret plan being made up to better the situation. But at this point, I can only put together what info I've seen and read and come to a conclusion that way, disappointing as it is.

Edit:

Oh god, I forgot how fast the News topics move. Page 33? But we were just on 19...

Edited by Nine

Dang, my clicking finger is rusty... not a single egg, despite the generous drop! /does thumb exercises while waiting for the next one.

I got two of the Coast eggs. Once I get two Desert eggs I'll drop out and leave them for everyone else.

Haven't managed to get any yet, but I'm still trying! I'm just lucky this is a weekend and I don't have work tomorrow.

I caught 6 of the Coastals and one from the Desert so I am happily locked. With the exception of 1 Coastal egg I caught all my dragons during the 5-minute drops. Good luck everyone!

One less person right here night everyone

Now I will just be stalking or lurking and pushing my shimmerscale to hurry up and hatch :3

I can now go to sleep happy even though I messed up my 3 each plan by Spazz Clicking every single desert eggs...

Was it me or was that five minute drop EXTREMELY LONG?

I thought it was long too. I actually managed to get my first Desert egg. Just one more!

That :20 drop was amazing! I had only caught one of the desert ones prior to that. Now I'm locked with 5 coast and 2 deserts! smile.gif I hope I can swap one of the coasts for a desert in the morning.

Okay, so all you people talking about opening things in other tabs… just… how? huh.gif Whenever I've tried, it's given me a "This page can only be viewed from within the site" error.

the last drop was a good one, didn't catch anything but it's nice to see it lasted longer, hope this keeps up smile.gif

162 open tabs on the last drop, still not a single new egg, .......really?